India-Forums

How many of you guys...? (Page 4)

burgerchaap IF-Sizzlerz
burgerchaap
burgerchaap

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
Only took 1 dancing class when I was in high school and that was it -I suck at dancing.

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by luvya4ever

wow... simi you sure seem like DID material and have learnt so much! that's really cool...
From age 8 to 11, I learnt bharatnatyam and Bollywood.... however, now I don't remember anything.... now all I can do is bad white pple dances like the sprinkler and lawnmower and stupid moves like "the soulja-boy"... lol! and since I am punjabi, I'm halfway decent at bhangra!
btw, not to sound stupid.... but what is "Sanedo"? (I'm guessing it's gujrati?!)

It's a folk song from Gujarat that is often played during Navratri while playing Garba and Dandiya. 

Here's a vid of someone singing it and people dancing to it. Very catchy and it's easy to sing along to as well.

Edited by hindu4lyf - 10 January 2011 at 7:44pm
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
i remember this song was in our Diwali group dance at my old uni! aahh...the memories!! Embarrassed how i miss everyone! Ermm
Elephunk Groupbie
Elephunk
Elephunk

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
Reading the disscussion on this topic I feel many people just like to watch others dance, rather than dance. Anyways, I know Locking, Popping, little bit of rumba, B-Boying, Break dancing and of course my favorite Bhangra.
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

i remember this song was in our Diwali group dance at my old uni! aahh...the memories!! Embarrassed how i miss everyone! Ermm

I danced to this last year at college with a couple of friends

The best part of choosing this song is that we actually got to dance with dandiya sticks :D
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
oh that's a nice song! Embarrassed my first experience with dandiya was when i danced with my friends for  that Diwali celebration. i was so nervous b/c i'm uncoordinated without sticks! LOL they were very patient with me though! LOL
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

oh that's a nice song! Embarrassed my first experience with dandiya was when i danced with my friends for  that Diwali celebration. i was so nervous b/c i'm uncoordinated without sticks! LOL they were very patient with me though! LOL

My first experience with dandiya sticks wasn't that great but over the years I became better and now I think I can be trusted to hold them in my hand without injuring anyoneLOL

The best part of the dance was when the guys decided to do their own thing towards the end of the dance and added their own hip hop movesLOL
surmai_shaam Senior Member
surmai_shaam
surmai_shaam

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Nice topic! I can do my one or two steps I know on any song: Hindi, punjabi, hiphop, kathak, contemporary, bollywoodBig smile

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

DID Doubles Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index