Roshmila Bhattacharya, Hindustan Times
G4">Email Author
Mumbai, January 10, 2011
First Published: 12:43 IST(10/1/2011)
Last Updated: 13:08 IST(10/1/2011)
Share more...
0 Comments         
Email     print
Kareena Kapoor has been on her toes, literally. Since 2008, she has been juggling four big movies a year. And it's the same story, this year and the next. So, there have been times when she's had to turn down a tempting offer for want of dates. Golmaal 4 could have been one of them. But her good friend, Tusshar Kapoor, convinced her to hop on board.

"I'd been in two minds about Golmaal 3 too but Tusshar insisted I work it into my diary. He pointed out that I was the only girl in the movie, though Daboo was more like a hero than a dressed-up heroine," she says. "I liked that because I didn't have to try too hard to look glamorous. I'm more the jeans and tee kind of a girl even in real life. And Golmaal 3 was a Diwali blockbuster, the third biggest grosser of all time, even though no one felt the need to hype the fact."

KareenaThe problem of dates cropped up again when discussions for Golmaal 4 were on. Once again Tusshar convinced Kareena to return to the franchise. "I'm definitely going to be there in Golmaal 4, but Golmaal 5 we'll have to see. The brand has become a part of my bloodstream now. And I love working with Rohit (director Rohit Shetty), we are lucky together," she asserts.

There's a possibility that the 'lucky' duo could collaborate on another project before Golmaal 4. "I'd be lying if I said that Rohit hasn't made me another offer. We're working on the dates and other logistics. The film will be produced by Ashtavinayak and shooting will start after Diwali," she informs, refusing to divulge any more details.

Kareena is also dying to get back with her Jab We Met director. "I'm waiting for Imtiaz (Ali) to finish Rockstar. We have a connection and he knows that. Right now, he's writing Saif's (Ali Khan) next production. I'm super excited even though the film features Deepika (Padukone). Saif and she are a more successful jodi (pair) on screen after Love Aaj Kal, but off it, Saif and me are soulmates," she smiles.

Madhur Bhandarkar's Heroine though has had to be put on hold for now. "I'd still love to do Heroine but I can't shoot for it this year. I'm already doing four films that I'd committed to much earlier," she points out. "Corporate, Fashion and now Heroine, they all came to me first. The jinx has to be broken and it will be soon."

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

scorpio95-SMay31-Siddhi_Terenainawida

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
I seriosuly feel like Heroine will not happen atleast with Kareena, dunno if Madhur will take it to another actress but I feel if Kareena really wanted to do it, she would have made dates for it like she did for the Aamir Khan movie with Rani and now G4..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Katalicious

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

scorpio95Katalicioussheee

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:51pm | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mala-koolchick.khoobsurat.

mz.jess IF-Sizzlerz
mz.jess
mz.jess

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Corporate, Fashion and now Heroine, they all came to me first. The jinx has to be broken and it will be soon."

That's great and all that they came to you first but I'm glad you didn't do them, Bips was great and Priyanka was awesome!

As for Heroine say yes, specially if it has a role as strong as the latter, your talent will be put to use!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchickqazplm

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
I have two things to say, problems really.
Why did she have to mention that she was offered those movies first? I thought that was pretty rude of her. They've been made and got the success without you Kareena. So that wasn't necessary.
More Golmaal's? Ugh! What a headacheAngry

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mala-glitterspooja_lMissIffiy

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 2:18pm | IP Logged

Katalicious

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
^Haha yea I guess! But I wonder who'll take up Heroine now?

koolchick

Go to top