Pratigya

India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

learn cv's how to show social issues.......... (Page 2)

amrapali_dubey IF-Dazzler
amrapali_dubey
amrapali_dubey

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dhakarn

Originally posted by pragati.tankha

Originally posted by dhakarn

well, to me the scene they showed as u described it was just for sake of advertisement on social issues..............how could a women who is downtrodden for many years and ill treated for years just rise up and slap or give fitting answer to her tormentor, just in a jiffy...............courage will not come just like that unless its a life threatening situation of urs or ur dear ones...........it takes too much pressure to finally shake off the shackles that binds u to the traditions and man-made rules of the society................and ofcourse he will never hit his wife ever again, now, is that is going to be shown...........just one slap and he is reformed.................then there won't be any angad's and sakthi's in the world..............wow,what a beautiful world...............
no  dr................their focuss was not upon reforming her husband but how shd women gather courage to fight back in such situations............... i feel that sometimes in life..........after so much torture n injustice a time comes wen person gains all the courage to fight back................thats wat the situation in this case................talking about kesar.............wen she'll fight back against shakti.....................she still have no courage seeing pratigya............she still hides behinds pratigya n never tries to learn nything from her..................everyone learns something from his company than why can't a woamn like kesar........../?

dear , if slapping a man is the means of reform his way of thinking then i would just say its pathetic............... see, in pratigya we saw the consequences of such an action, which is true in the real world..............society can't be reformed one fine day...............kesar is the perfect example for a downtrodden and hopeless women.................she saw what life could be and who a women could be only after she saw pratigya.............she took her time to adjust to the kind of freedom and love pratigya enjoys which she has only dreampt of.................but she is too rooted in traditions and 'pati parameshwar hai' mantra that its not easy for her to rise up and strike back...........her upbringing , her family , her surroundings, her mind set all has taught her something else.........she is trying to adjust to the new world in which pratigya is living and is trying to understand it.............here a random women is shown to slap her husband , just like that...........huh, where had been she living ? in the mars? a person's upbringing, the traditions and rules one believes, their surroundings all decide a person's behavior in a given situation.........here just a few words from another women and this women miraculously gathers up the courage to strike back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well said!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dhakarn

suresh555 IF-Dazzler
suresh555
suresh555

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
If we look at the realistic behavior (about Kaali) than Pratigya takes the cake here. Right from day one, too many unrealistic things have been shown here and the worst thing is that they aim towards degrading women. The SS family (most of them) seem worst than wild animals that should be caged forever. It's like there is no law for them.
amrapali_dubey IF-Dazzler
amrapali_dubey
amrapali_dubey

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
from where did kaali come into picture????..........isnt this pratigya's forums........n we r not meant to discuss other serials

....Poojie....

suk4 IF-Rockerz
suk4
suk4

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Pragati, I totally get what you're saying, and its been said numerous times before, but with no effect.  Kesar is shown to have suffered horribly but for some reason keeps mute, much to everyone's disgust.  And if i heard correctly a few days ago, she'll be sent to her parents, so when will she speak up for herself?  I understand that in some areas men do get away with these crimes but they should show the consequences of these sort of actions.
The list is endless, we've complained so many times but still no feedback from cvs.

elle45

elle45 Goldie
elle45
elle45

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
While I do agree with everyone that reform doesnt come in a day, and it will take Kesar time to gather courage against Shakti... I do agree with Pragati that when you want to have a serial with the message of women fighting against injustice, you have to show the women slowly developing courage to take a stand against the injustice.

True, in the other show, it might be a bit unrealistic to show the sudden reform, but at least they showed that there does come a time when the woman has had enough. That time should have come long ago for Kesar. Till date, there is not an iota of progress in Kesar. If not an immediate transformation, then at least she should have been shown to made slow progress. CVs have just forgotten about Kesar.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

na9nahussainramso

Unfinished Senior Member
Unfinished
Unfinished

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
  And it is women like Kesar who keep suffering in silence until one day when they turn snap and kill their husbands to stop the abuse. And become resigned to their fate, whether they live or die at that point doesn't matter.

This kind of abuse we are seeing in "Pratigya"  (aside from the dramatic license taken by the writers) doesn't just happen in India. It is prevelant through the world. We are just getting a small glimpse into the hidden  lives of women, as they are in 21st century.

Edited by lovestea - 10 January 2011 at 2:44pm

hussainramso

Mili27 Goldie
Mili27
Mili27

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
Hi Pragati,
I have always been of the opinion that if the POPs are showing torture they should also show a way out of it. There are so many women who may be in a similar situation and looking for some answers about how to get out their messy lives. I agree, MKAP does not show workable solutions that a battered or a harrassed woman can use. 

hussainramso

hussainramso IF-Sizzlerz
hussainramso
hussainramso

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
Pragati I can understand Kesar's silence. Often women in  her position are too afraid to speak. Considering how influential the Thakurs are it is more difficult for Kesar to take a stand.
What infuriated me recently was how lovingly she ironed KN shirts.
I can expect silence but I also expect rage under the surface. She is too mahan for me. Easily forgiving everybody including A.
I expect that she will rise when she learns of her own murder plot. If she still doesn't react then there is no hope. will she remain a bobblehead?
BTW did KB quit or is she staying on?

Edited by yummimommy - 10 January 2011 at 4:19pm

Go to top