Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amrapali_dubey thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
from where did kaali come into picture????..........isnt this pratigya's forums........n we r not meant to discuss other serials
suk4 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Pragati, I totally get what you're saying, and its been said numerous times before, but with no effect.  Kesar is shown to have suffered horribly but for some reason keeps mute, much to everyone's disgust.  And if i heard correctly a few days ago, she'll be sent to her parents, so when will she speak up for herself?  I understand that in some areas men do get away with these crimes but they should show the consequences of these sort of actions.
The list is endless, we've complained so many times but still no feedback from cvs.
elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
While I do agree with everyone that reform doesnt come in a day, and it will take Kesar time to gather courage against Shakti... I do agree with Pragati that when you want to have a serial with the message of women fighting against injustice, you have to show the women slowly developing courage to take a stand against the injustice.

True, in the other show, it might be a bit unrealistic to show the sudden reform, but at least they showed that there does come a time when the woman has had enough. That time should have come long ago for Kesar. Till date, there is not an iota of progress in Kesar. If not an immediate transformation, then at least she should have been shown to made slow progress. CVs have just forgotten about Kesar.
Unfinished thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
  And it is women like Kesar who keep suffering in silence until one day when they turn snap and kill their husbands to stop the abuse. And become resigned to their fate, whether they live or die at that point doesn't matter.

This kind of abuse we are seeing in "Pratigya"  (aside from the dramatic license taken by the writers) doesn't just happen in India. It is prevelant through the world. We are just getting a small glimpse into the hidden  lives of women, as they are in 21st century.

Edited by lovestea - 13 years ago
Mili27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Pragati,
I have always been of the opinion that if the POPs are showing torture they should also show a way out of it. There are so many women who may be in a similar situation and looking for some answers about how to get out their messy lives. I agree, MKAP does not show workable solutions that a battered or a harrassed woman can use. 
hussainramso thumbnail
Pragati I can understand Kesar's silence. Often women in  her position are too afraid to speak. Considering how influential the Thakurs are it is more difficult for Kesar to take a stand.
What infuriated me recently was how lovingly she ironed KN shirts.
I can expect silence but I also expect rage under the surface. She is too mahan for me. Easily forgiving everybody including A.
I expect that she will rise when she learns of her own murder plot. If she still doesn't react then there is no hope. will she remain a bobblehead?
BTW did KB quit or is she staying on?
Edited by yummimommy - 13 years ago
Pragati.T thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: dhakarn

dear , if slapping a man is the means of reform his way of thinking then i would just say its pathetic............... see, in pratigya we saw the consequences of such an action, which is true in the real world..............society can't be reformed one fine day...............kesar is the perfect example for a downtrodden and hopeless women.................she saw what life could be and who a women could be only after she saw pratigya.............she took her time to adjust to the kind of freedom and love pratigya enjoys which she has only dreampt of.................but she is too rooted in traditions and 'pati parameshwar hai' mantra that its not easy for her to rise up and strike back...........her upbringing , her family , her surroundings, her mind set all has taught her something else.........she is trying to adjust to the new world in which pratigya is living and is trying to understand it.............here a random women is shown to slap her husband , just like that...........huh, where had been she living ? in the mars? a person's upbringing, the traditions and rules one believes, their surroundings all decide a person's behavior in a given situation.........here just a few words from another women and this women miraculously gathers up the courage to strike back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no dhanya.................that woman didn't slap her husband but wen husband was trying to force her to go back to house after soo much humiliation.......she replyed bck that u can't force me to go with u............i guess it's vryyy rare to see a wife slaping her husband in ny society..........it was  not only the impact of few words 4m other women but sometimes wen u see other ppl fighting back u also get courage to be like them..............it;'s not a matter of fact but how and wen u'll gather that courage...........yaar we can't compare woman like kesar to ny other lady,everyone has individual personality.............like u said it's about ur upbringing and all...........ksar never seen her mother fighting back soo how can she ever get the courage to fight back...........even GD never fight back for hr rights.....

@amarapali dubey-in the begning of the topic i said that my intention is not to promote ny other show through this theard but want to express my dissatisfaction with the way cv's show social isuues in pratigya.......
Edited by pragati.tankha - 13 years ago
Pragati.T thumbnail
Originally posted by: elle45

While I do agree with everyone that reform doesnt come in a day, and it will take Kesar time to gather courage against Shakti... I do agree with Pragati that when you want to have a serial with the message of women fighting against injustice, you have to show the women slowly developing courage to take a stand against the injustice.

True, in the other show, it might be a bit unrealistic to show the sudden reform, but at least they showed that there does come a time when the woman has had enough. That time should have come long ago for Kesar. Till date, there is not an iota of progress in Kesar. If not an immediate transformation, then at least she should have been shown to made slow progress. CVs have just forgotten about Kesar.

elle,it's not about sudden reform and all.....wat cv's have to show is women fighting back for their self respect...........in our society women are  under so much pressure of family and society that thy don't have enough courage to stand up for their self respect and all...............showing women fighting back for their rights in  a  correct manner chd bring transformation in our society.........well i must say the way cv's have showed social evil like eve teasing was vry contradictory n i doubt if ny grl get ny inspiration from pratigya......at least i didn't..................of one side thy showed krishna loves her toooo much and on other side thy showed krishna following her haraassing her but he had no idea that he was eve teasing her...........comeone ....no matter how much a guy is illitarate he must have the sence to know that hez eve teasing a grl........but krishna didn't showed that he was doing all this to harraass prats......
Pragati.T thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mili97

Hi Pragati,

I have always been of the opinion that if the POPs are showing torture they should also show a way out of it. There are so many women who may be in a similar situation and looking for some answers about how to get out their messy lives. I agree, MKAP does not show workable solutions that a battered or a harrassed woman can use. 

exactly milli...............cv's are showing social issues, and all the suffrings on women but not showing how to get out out of it...........in our society women like  pratigya already have all the courage to fight back for their rights but ty shd show women like kesar taking a stand for themselfs............our show shows social evils but thy don't know the correct manner in which it shd b shown,so that women and our society get inspired of it.........showing such serious social evils with a touch of dramatic  masala and ll is not gonna work  for society and specially for women whom thy want to inspire from their shows.....

@yummylicious- yes kalpana bora is leaving the show now.............she said this  in a interveiw also...........
Edited by pragati.tankha - 13 years ago
dhakarn thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: pragati.tankha

elle,it's not about sudden reform and all.....wat cv's have to show is women fighting back for their self respect...........in our society women are  under so much pressure of family and society that thy don't have enough courage to stand up for their self respect and all...............showing women fighting back for their rights in  a  correct manner chd bring transformation in our society.........well i must say the way cv's have showed social evil like eve teasing was vry contradictory n i doubt if ny grl get ny inspiration from pratigya......at least i didn't..................of one side thy showed krishna loves her toooo much and on other side thy showed krishna following her haraassing her but he had no idea that he was eve teasing her...........comeone ....no matter how much a guy is illitarate he must have the sence to know that hez eve teasing a grl........but krishna didn't showed that he was doing all this to harraass prats......

hey dear, krishna just don't know what he was doing was wrong.............its written in the shows synopsis that he did what he did bec he thought that was right......................he didn't have any other notion about women..........remember the paan dialogue...........i would say he still thinks that women r objects for pleasure but the degree is very much less..............

and pratigya showed how to fight abusement when she left krishna and refused to go with him and then later apologize.............kesar is a different sort of women, it will take her time to react.........she has started to react...........see, she had the courage to stop amma from hitting pratigya yesterday, a step she would never had dreampt to take...................
Edited by dhakarn - 13 years ago