Fan Fictions

QSS THREAD # 4, part 194 on pg 150 on 26-5-11 - Page 102

ssh57 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Part 192

Dr. Mohan was excitedly talking about what a great opportunity it was for Armaan to work in a hospital which was ranked # 1in the US, for psychiatry. He would get a chance to work with the top psychiatrists of US. In his excitement he failed to notice Armaan's lack of response. After some time Armaan and Riddhima took his leave. When Armaan said he would think over and let him know, Dr. Mohan gave him a sort of curious look as if asking "what is there to think over?" But nevertheless just nodded.

As soon as they stepped out, Riddhima clutched Armaan's arm asking "aren't you excited about it? My! I would give anything to be in your place." Seeing him quiet she asked "kya baat hai. Tum itne chup kyon ho?" He knew if he told her the real reason, she would be angry so he tried to change the topic saying "I was thinking about a patient." She of course knew it wasn't the truth, but was aware this wasn't the place to discuss the truth either. So they walked to their respective wards.

When they retired to bed that night, Riddhima said "Armaan, I want to talk to you about Dr. Mohan's offer." He tried to dodge it saying "Riddhima, I'm feeling very tired, I want to sleep." But she didn't pay heed to it and continued. "Armaan I know you can't even imagine leaving us and going to Boston for two months. I know how much you love me and the kids. But I don't want our love to be a hurdle in your path of progress. I want it to be your strength. If you don't go, I'll never forgive myself and my love for you will be proved a failure. People will surely say na "he sacrificed his career for his wife." Kya yeh sunkar tumhe achcha lagega?"

A: But Riddhima...

R: I know, you think I can't manage without you for two months. How will you know when you haven't ever tried. That means you think I'm incompetent as a parent and totally dependent on you. You think you could manage without me when I went to Chennai, but I'm not capable of doing so without you. That's it na? Even if you don't think me competent enough, at least trust kaka and akka. they have proved time and again how well they can manage the kids.

A: Riddhima you know none of what you say is true. It's only that I can't live without seeing you all for two months.

R: If anyone hears you say that they'll laugh. I hope you have heard of things like webcam and skype? You still want me to believe that you trust me to manage the kids for two months?

Seeing him giving her words some thought, she continued, "when the children grow up and they come to know that their dad gave up such a golden opportunity for their sake, will they be happy about it? They'll only feel guilty about it, especially our Shona. You are thinking only about yourself and not about us, actually. I'm sure if papa and Anjie di come to know that you rejected such an offer they'll blame me only. You want me to bend my head in shame in front of them?"

If anyone knew how to emotionally blackmail Dr. Armaan Mallik, and get the right answers from him, it was Dr. (Mrs.) Riddhima Armaan Mallik. "Theek hai, I'll talk to Dr. Mohan tomorrow" "and give your consent" she completed the sentence for him. Then holding out her hand made him promise that he would.

With that they switched off the light and lay down on the bed. Feeling his hand move in a rhythmic motion up and down her arms, she knew he was thinking. It was going to be very difficult for all of them. The two months would seem like two years. But he had made her do her PG though the baby was so small, only for the progress of her career, so this was her payback time. She had to make him accept the offer. Finally both of them drifted off to sleep.

Seeing her digging their cupboard locker the next morning, he asked her "kya doond rahi ho?" "tumhara passport" she replied.

A: My passport? Why do you need it now?

R: Armaan why are you acting dumb. They will need your passport details to arrange for your visa na?

A: why are so hell bent on pushing me to the US? First let me talk to Dr. Mohan and find out the other details.

She just glared at him and walked away from there. Akshat who had come to call his parents for breakfast, witnessed this and understood that there was some tension between his parents. So he went quietly and sat at the table. He was soon joined by his mama. She served him and herself and started eating without saying a word. His dad came a few minutes later and putting his arm around his mama's shoulder asked "Ab ismein naraaz hone wali kaunsi baat hai? I promised you last night na? here take my passport." She neither spoke nor took the passport. Akshat was looking strangely from one to the other, not understanding what was happening. Armaan made one more attempt "please sweetheart, ab to gussa thook do".

AK: dad, mama gussa kyon hai?

Armaan indicated with his eyes to Riddhima to explain. She mellowed down immediately because she had to play her cards well. Otherwise Akshat might blurt out something and Armaan would again go back to square 1.

R: Arrey aaj Ani abhi tak utha nahi? Main usey dekhkar abhi aati hoon.

A: you have your breakfast, main dekhkar aata hoon.

When Armaan left from there, she explained about the offer to Akshat in such a way as if Armaan had no choice but to go to Boston. And also brainwashed him into thinking that it was the greatest honour that could be bestowed on his dad. When he excitedly asked "Hum bhi unke saath jayenge?" she made him understand that this was not like the presentation he gave in Germany. He'd have to work full time at the hospital. So there was no point in their going over there. He looked disappointed and complained "Par mama dad ke bagair do mahina?"

R: Main bhi to Chennai gayi thi exam ke liye?

AK: But that was only 2 weeks. Aur hum beech mein milne aaye bhi te. Ab do mahine aur hum wahan jab hi nahi sakte.

Once again using the weapon of emotional blackmail she conveyed to him if Armaan had give up this opportunity for their sake it would be a shame on them. He had already made so many sacrifices for them. It would be unfair to make him sacrifice this also. If they truly loved him, they should encourage him to go. That did it.

AK: haan mama, dad always does everything for us, we'll do this for him.

She was hi-fived him and winked at him. Armaan walked in saying the little one was still fast asleep. He had woken up earlier, akka had given him some milk and put him back to sleep. These days the Malliks tried not to wake him when they left because he ended up throwing a tantrum and not letting them go. If he woke up after they left, he would sulk for sometime but would get back to mood soon. They had even stopped coming home for lunch for the same reason. 

Kunjumon's sister was coming everyday around 10 am and staying with him throughout the day, as she had vacation after her SSC exam, and akka was not able to manage him on her own. She would play with him and take him to the park etc. Riddhima was encouraging her to do a nursing course, so that she could join MSHC later.  

That morning as soon as they reached the hospital, Riddhima dragged Armaan to Dr. Mohan's cabin and made him give his assent to the offer. They discussed various details given in the offer and as expected they had asked them to fax Armaan's passport details, so that they could arrange for his visa.

Once the ball was set rolling things began to move very fast. Armaan was still very apprehensive about leaving his family and going for two months, but everyone who heard of the offer, right from the MSHC staff to Riddhima's family, felt it was a golden opportunity. He couldn't express his feelings to Riddhima because the minute he spoke about it, she picked up a quarrel with him and refused to speak with him. He didn't want to spend the last few days with his family, making them angry. So in front of them he behaved normally but at nights sleep evaded him.

As he lay holding his sweetheart in his arms and thought a week from today he would be alone in a strange place, tears welled in his eyes. He held her closer and buried his head in her hair asking himself, "Sweetheart how will I be able to stay away from you for 2 months?"

P.S. See note on page 143.

Edited by ssh57 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

meow23 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
dat was an amzng prt...bt der is sumthng wring wid armaan...oder dan he missing d fly.. his der sumthng which he is tryng 2 4gt..
thnx 4 d pm
ssh57 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: meow23

dat was an amzng prt...bt der is sumthng wring wid armaan...oder dan he missing d fly.. his der sumthng which he is tryng 2 4gt..

thnx 4 d pm

Keep guessing!
sammy4u thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
great part yaar
par armaan itna tensed kyun hai?
KaSh-Maneet-Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hiii
awesome update
loved it
what wrong with armaan
hope everything is ok
cant wait 4 more
con soon
thanks 4 da pm
crazy_4_karan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

awesome part... m glad tht u decided to write a few more parts... even i wldn't hv liked Armaan giving up on such a huge offer... waiting for the next update n thnx for the Pm :)

spicyheart thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
gr8 part
continue soon
shonagudia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Nice part...  Arman is surely in a very difficult situation now... It's very hard to leave all of them and go for 2 months but this is very necessary for his carrier also... People do face  similar situation at least once ( i had faced) .
It's lovely to see Ridhima and the family support him and encourage him to go...  I hope it's only reason for Arman denying this and you are not planning any twist 😉

Continue soon...
Ethereal-Path thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Di

Awww.. Armaan seems to be really very disturbed. I wonder if he ll be going or no? Is there something he's hiding, thats troubling him more.. ?! I hope he lets out watever is inside .. .. May be he'll feel all alone there ...
Cnt Soon di .. thanks for d pm..

and as for the note, its ok di..v understand .. hope u be back with something new 😃 ..

Love
xoxox
Vini
diyaa1pk thumbnail
😭though we r not happy abt  it...but every thng comes to an end...some day or another...bt i wish that u come bak...nd share ur beautiful thoughts...
   we love this FF...nd our love will bring u bak...😃