CID

India-Forums

CID
CID

CID IN 2010- A Retrospect [Urgent- Please Answer] (Page 2)

Bhavanab IF-Sizzlerz
Bhavanab
Bhavanab

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 12:31am | IP Logged
1.WHICH WERE THE BEST 5 CASES OF 2010 IN YOUR OPINION?

Umm neither easy nor tough to choose !! 2010 has witnessed lots of ups and downs in terms of cases !! Some I loved purely for emotional content !! They simply touched my heart while some attracted me in terms of their plots and storyline. Anyways after lots of thinking ( i wanted to name 7 ) :-

1.Khoon Ki Holi ( Stays the best in my opinion in 2010)
2. Khatra Chemical Bomb Ka ( Even after being a part of biweekly,it maintained suspense and maintained the necessary tension till last moment)
3.Abhijeet In Coma ( Over hyped promo but episode was worth it,lovely performance,superb direction,different concept etc.)
4.Aakhri Chunauti part 8 ( Again lovely performances,excellent screenplay,tension was maintained,if neglected as a part of the AC series and just seen as an episode it was lovely)
5.Desh Drohiyon Ke Viruddh CID ( From the master himself !! Even though a normal plot,I loved the way they utilised a different city for a case)

Well would have definitely mentioned Sr.Insp.Abhijeet but it's top 5 'BEST' cases not 'Favourite' so skipped it !! I liked Manali Murder as well but still not in top 5 for me !!

2.WHICH WERE THE WORST 5 CASES OF 2010 IN YOUR OPINION?

aah this is a tough one !! We've had some of the most horrible cases ever this year.anyways here goes

1.Maut Ka Aashirwaad ( This tops my list,I hated this one !!! Was purely a zero content case with OTT lab scenes)
2.Dead Boxer (Another not at all impressive one)
3.AC part 9 ( Horrible case with zero investigation and a confusing one !! As many said it was europe darshan than CID )
4.CID under fire ( What to tell about this one !! OTT promotion,misleading title,stupid case etc.)
5.Manav Bomb ( another horrible one !! The last scene makes me puke) !!!

Well these are just 5 and I'm sure many more can be added !!

3.WHICH PART OF PRODUCTION DO YOU BLAME FOR DRASTIC REGRESSION OF CID?

which part of production ?? Well whole FW is to be held responsible. The whole creative team is at flaw !! Equal contributions but the story writers,creative team,dialogue writers (Yes 2010 episodes had some of the worst dialogues ever),directors etc.
The main person I blame as of now is Mr. BP SINGH !! This show is his creation,his brain child and I feel he's neglecting it !!

4.DO YOU HAVE HOPES FOR A BRIGHT FUTURE FOR CID?

yes I do !! I know I might sound over optimistic but I do !! Nothing stays for long !! Even this bad phase won't !! I'm sure CID will come out of this !! 2011 has just started and I'm sure there's lots more in store !!! I strongly feel CID will recover !!

5.DO YOU FEEL 2010 WAS BETTER OR WORSE THAN 2009 AND 2008?

umm I rather can't compare !! I mean somewhat yes and somewhat no !! I found it a little more better as compared to 2009 but worse as compared to 2008 !! So I actually can't answer this question !!

6.WILL YOU STOP WATCHING CID IN 2011 IF THIS CONTINUES?

I don't think so !! Though nothing can be said as of now but I strongly feel no !! CID is now above a show for me !! It's become a habit rather a necessity so I can't actually stay away from it !! So as of Now it's no !!! and as far as 'this continues' part of question is concerned I feel this was just a bad phase and I'm sure it wasn't that horrible for me !! and I feel CID will come out of this

7.IF YOU EVER MEET THE HEAD OF FW OR SONY, WOULD YOU BE BRAVE TO COMPLAIN? HOW WILL YOU COMPLAIN WITHOUT CAUSING AGITATION?

umm ... Well I have been someone who is a part of those who raised they're voices against it !!! I have complained about this to some people many a times so if I do get to meet rather I would LIKE to meet Mr. Singh and tell him that CID is NOT a show for children !! It is a show that has been running for 13 long years and still going strong due to it's fan following and thus Should be given it's due respect !! For many people CID has now become a habit and therefore will watch it and thus these fans do deserve they're love for this show being respected. Well if I start of I'll write an essay on this so full stop here LOL

8.WHAT DO YOU DON'T WANT FROM PAST EPISODES (PRE-2008)

don't ?? Umm difficult to tell maybe if it is before 2008 as you said I wasn't much impressed with the officers from 2004/5 - 2008 phase mainly female cops so I wouldn't want them back !! More over this phase was the time Freddy's character started deteriorating so this was one major thing I hated in 2004/5 to 2008 phase rather 2004/5 to still continuing phase !!

9.DO YOU FEEL CID IN 2011 WILL SPIRAL FURTHER DOWN?

Again the same answer !! Well 2011 has just started !! Nothing can be said as of now !! When 2010 started 2009 was a very bad year so no one had any hopes but we did have some unforgettable cases also in 2010. So nothing can be confirmed but if my opinion is concerned as I said before also I hope it doesn't !! I'm still very much optimistic about the show and feel that 2011 will be the year CID rises up again !!

10.DO YOU BLAME TODAY'S INDIAN TV SCENARIO FOR CID'S SUDDEN DEPRECIATION?

To some extent and to speak frankly YES !! The TRP competition is the reason behind all this. CID which was away from this has also entered this race due to which it has decided to add all this masala and all that attracts some people who are rather to watch the soap part of a crime serial !!

11.WOULD YOU PREFER TO CHANGE CID OR EXPECT OTHERS TO CHANGE IT? (CHANGE FOR BETTER I.E.)

heehee well if FANS point of view was taken into consideration and opinions did matter I would love to change it !!! I know nothing is in my hands !!! They'll do what they want but that won't stop me from fighting for my show !! I'll not loose hope and keep trying !!

12.YOUR ADDITIONAL COMMENTS

Well every show has its good and bad times !! Even CID did but that doesn't mean that we dedicated fans stop watching the show or rather leave it permanently !! We love this show and it's a part of us and if we stop seeing it then I feel there's no use of expecting milestone changes from the creative team !!! If some stupid cases and dialogues can break our such a long relationship with the show then we have no right to expect the creative team who joined in some years back to do wonders and get the show back on track !! As long as we CIDians are together,I'm sure we'll keep on fighting for the show and one day we'll succeed !! As they say "United We Stand,Divided We Fall" we all CID fans have to stick together and stay there for the show !!! So after all this philosophy all I'd say is be faithful to this show !!! Good Times WILL be back !! Don't loose hope so easily !!! CID matters too much for us !! Our actors work very hard for this show !! So no matter what even if not for the show we HAVE to stick to it for our actors !!

Nice topic Suhaana.CID !! It made me re-realise how much I love my show !!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Aqrab.DemonStarsuhani.cipamisa

DemonStar IF-Sizzlerz
DemonStar
DemonStar

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 7:54am | IP Logged

1. Khoon Ki Holi
2. Aakhri Chunauti, Part VIII
3. Khatra Chemical Bomb Ka
4. Abhijeet In Coma
5. Deshdrohiyon ke viruddh CID

1. Maut Ka Aashirwaad
2. Qatil Khiladi (the basketball one)
3. Galli Cricket Ka Khooni Raaz
4. Aakhri Chunauti, Part IX (only visually good, the story was truly and utterly awful)
5. Kissa Aadhi Laash Ka

There are quite a few more that could join this infamous list.

The creative team, especially the writers. And whoever started the bi-weekly idea.

Given the stuff we've been seeing in the current episodes, I can't say I'm very confident. But it's certainly possible if the production team realizes the flaws and works to rectify them.

I'd say a mixed bag. 2008 was a year of hideous episodes and I think in that respect it was much better than 2008, but I didn't notice any significant improvement from 2009. There were still some very good episodes, though.

No.

7.IF YOU EVER MEET THE HEAD OF FW OR SONY, WOULD YOU BE BRAVE TO COMPLAIN? HOW WILL YOU COMPLAIN WITHOUT CAUSING AGITATION?

I definitely would. Yaar hum 12 saal se isse dekh rahe hain, humaara opinion bhi maaayne rakhta hai! LOL As a well wisher, I'd do my best to put forward the problems I noticed and give my opinions on how they could be rectified. I think it's unlikely FW or Sony will consider them though.

8.WHAT DO YOU DONT WANT FROM PAST EPISODES (PRE-2008)

The "don't" in the question is a bit misleading. I just want the glory of those days back, all of it!

Hard to say. I did feel the average cases improved slightly towards the end of 2010, but the current AKAKR series hasn't been very good. Let's just pray for the best, and watch what happens!

Partly. The race for TRPs has gotten crazy and it has inevitably affected FW as well. In the process, the quality of the stories has gone down, especially since the bi-weekly system started.

11.WOULD YOU PREFER TO CHANGE CID OR EXPECT OTHERS TO CHANGE IT? (CHANGE FOR BETTER I.E.)

I wish I could. LOL That said, united voices can definitely make a change.

Even in the worst periods, CID has had great and memorable episodes and I don't think 2011 will be any exception. Our actors' performances have been constantly amazing, and if the stories improve, we can get to see an overall rise in the quality of the show as well. Let's hope for the best, amen!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

suhani.cipamisa

visrom IF-Stunnerz
visrom
visrom

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
My answers

5??? Hmmm...difficult. 5 is a large number. I am posting the ones I remember. 
1. Khoon Ki Holi
2.Abhijeet in Coma
3. Chemical bomb
4. Bank Locker ka rahasya (I don't know why, I like this episode)
5. Sr Insp Abhijeet 

Only 5??? difficult again. Wink
1. Kabarwali ladki
2. Manav bomb
3. Kissa Aadhi Laash ka.
4. Aakhri Chunauti finale.(considering how it dashed our hopes)
5. Samundar mein laash(it was a huge effort by duo under the sea, but their efforts were horribly wasted by a nonsensical story)

Cant find one. I cannot comment on the 'behind-the scenes' stuff, but only the overall result.
I feel the bi-weekly was a wrong thing to do. Our actors are overworked, story writers are out of ideas. They are compromising on quality by increasing the quantity.

Yeah...lots can change, if they put on their thinking caps. More than hope, I am worried. I love our trio too much, I don't want them to suffer a burn-out.

There are stupid episodes in the Lavanya era too. 2008 was a bad year. But 2010 was worse because the number of episodes doubled.

Can't say...depends on how much my patience holds. My duo should be what they were - smart cops. They have to stop this emotional blackmail. Then I'll sit thru it.
Also, I need a good dose of re-runs of 1998-2005 episodes. That will keep me motivated.

YES. Give me his email id or phone number NOW.

I have complained once and it has fallen on deaf years as far as sony is concerned. How I will complain depends on the situation then.

There's nothing that I don't want. I love what CID has been.
Even people like Anjalika was necessary to see how Abhijeet would react when Daya was wrongly accused. So, I want her too.

I don't think so...I think we have hit a rock bottom in July 2009 and then sort of reached a slightly higher point. (this is like technical analysis in Stock market) It has to go up from here or remain like this for some time.

YES. Everyone is after TRPs. FW is not pulling up their socks and hiring good story writers. No offence to existing ones, but they run out of ideas if they have to write 8-10 stories a month. Need more people for 'out-of-the-box' thinking and fresh ideas. But the TRP thing comes in-between and they have to do stupid stuff like Daya's marriage and Abhijeet going crazy to make people watch it.

Even Daya being on Jhalak is for TRP. He would have been able to focus on CID, but I am sure the channel has coaxed him into dancing in JDJ to get some TRPs for Jhalak. As a result,  CID would have suffered. So they have brought this Abhijeet track as long as Daya is on Jhalak. I am sure the 2 are linked. Once Daya is out of Jhalak or Jhalak ends, we might see the Abhijeet stuff coming to a conclusion.

Others have to change it. I am only a fan. I can let them know that we are not happy, but the decisions are not taken by me. If they need help from me, I am ready to offer it.

Our trio are extremely good actors and from what the people who have met them have told is, they are sweet people. If they are not tired of acting in CID, I cannot get bored of watching them. Just a mark of respect to the people who have been part of my life for 13 years. If one of them ceases to be on CID or maybe change into someone out of character, I will be unable to bear it.

THANKS. 

Edited by visrom - 11 January 2011 at 9:38pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarsuhani.cipamisa

anonymous7 IF-Rockerz
anonymous7
anonymous7

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by suhaani.cid

2010 has now finished. We saw several changes, twists, ups and downs of cid. Let us look back to see how 2010 went by. this is no depression or debate topic. to make it easier, here are d following questions to make it easy to reply and post. of course we all know whats going on and what we expect. this is just a topic of introspection...

THANKS. 

(Am planning to do some personal research. this is my start. if you dont want to answer in public, plz pm me. its very important.)

well 2010 was an interesting year. it turned bi-weekly, had the most number of members in a single case, had also most number of cases. CID hosted gallantry awaards for the 1st time.ClapClapClap.
             this is the year whr focus on CID & its officers were more highlighted. this thing had happened before.....frm early 2004 to the end of 2005. & also in many cses of CID spcl bureau.
             anyway, i am starting to answr the qstns..............

AC-8
  khoon ki holi
  abhijeet in coma
  sr. insp. abhijeet
  khatra chemical bomb ka

but thr were many othrs also......AC-5, AC-7, do qatiil ke paheli, daya's dulhan, ACP graftaar.......& many.

asylum murder
  CID under fire
  heart attack killers
  rahasyamayi darwaza
  adhi laash

& many, many.......

story writers, dialouge writers, the creative team. sometimes, some actors too. no offnce meant to anyone.

yeah of course! i hope that FW will certainly realise what needs to be done. as ACP sir has said countlessly, think positive!

it was better than 2008, as of 2009 it's hard to say. 2010 was actually a mixed bag. many good cases, many bad ones.

never!!!!!!

i will do it of course. at first i'll say i am a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge fan of CID. then i will give opinions respectfully.

could not understand this qstn, sorry suhani di.

i dont think so. i always hope for a brighter future.

well the race for TRP & TVR are certainly responsible for this!

well i am only a fan. so i expct FW to chng it. but if i ever hv the opportunity, i definitely will do it.

it's very hard to continue a show fr 13 years. i first congratulate everyone associated with CID for this. they are doing a gr8 job for a long time. we hd many good cases along with bad ones. however i would like to suggest that CID shuld not show only khooni stories. there are many many othr crimes. being frm bengal, whr detective stories are hugely popular, i am saying this seriously. FW must keep this in mind.

all the best for CID.

suhani.cipamisa

visrom IF-Stunnerz
visrom
visrom

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
Suhaani....people have put in some effort to give such lenghty answers, wish you could at least respond to our posts. Tongue

debayon

suhani.cipamisa IF-Sizzlerz
suhani.cipamisa
suhani.cipamisa

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
sorry viz was suddenly pre-occupied coupled wt a bit of a flu...

thanks everyone!! i cant disclose the subject of my survey but u all have bn a great help!!! thanks a lot!!! cheerio!!!

Star
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
Sorry if my response was a tad bit negativeLOL

Go to top