Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

popkurn

IF-Rockerz

popkurn

Posted: 22 December 2005 at 6:48pm | IP Logged

Hello everyone,

Im sorry if this topic has been posted before.

There have been many stories of Canadian men going to India to get married to an Indian women so the Indian women can come to Canada. But the Canadian men usually take the dowry given by the bride's family and does not look back at his wife. So the wife is left with nothing. In one family the mom blames the daughter and wishes she were DEAD!

So taking that story, what should be done? Is it right? Is it the parents fault?

I think its horrible and dispicable! The men are to blame! But the parents blaming the daughter is just not right! The daughter is getting blamed cuz the groom that married her took the dowry and left! Its partially the parent fault! They got the daughter arranged to marry the Canadian man cuz they thought that the man would take there wife to Canada. Which sometimes is true but right in this moment it isnt.

Thats what I have to say, what about you all?

(Hopefully I made some senseEmbarrassed)

Priya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Abandoned Indian Brides" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 22 December 2005 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
You made a lot of sense . There are many such stories about men coming from U.K and marrying and then abandoning girls .

You know who i blame foremost . Its the girls parents !!!! Angry They are enamoured by people living abroad and seek rishtas desperately coming from abroad . They don't bother doing any back ground check , research about the groom . Its just sickening . Why do people have this fascination for the West i fail to understand . Its like they belive every person in the West lives like a King . They believe Life in the West is the best ( woohooo i am rhyming).These people aren't just ignorant ....but stupid and callous !!!
Angry Angry

Well after that its obvious that what the groom does is pure evil . Dead

Lady In Pink

IF-Veteran Member

Lady In Pink

Posted: 23 December 2005 at 4:49am | IP Logged

Originally posted by indygirl

You made a lot of sense . There are many such stories about men coming from U.K and marrying and then abandoning girls .

You know who i blame foremost . Its the girls parents !!!! Angry They are enamoured by people living abroad and seek rishtas desperately coming from abroad . They don't bother doing any back ground check , research about the groom . Its just sickening . Why do people have this fascination for the West i fail to understand . Its like they belive every person in the West lives like a King . They believe Life in the West is the best ( woohooo i am rhyming).These people aren't just ignorant ....but stupid and callous !!!
Angry Angry

I agree with Aparna diSmile

MEN---AngryTongue

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 23 December 2005 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
yes..u made sense...
i think like INDY said..its the parents fault... Tongue
i feel girls shud not marry men who wants dowry.. Tongue

dare_dis_devil

Groupbie

dare_dis_devil

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 1:05am | IP Logged

Angry Angry

BANG ON....  u said it, indy gal.... it definitely is d parents' fault....they reilli dun' do ne ground work or research n yeah the whole "amreeka is awesome" mentality of sme of our country's ppl needs to change.....

its such a shame tat bcauz of dis "videsh fixation"....ths ppl just lose their mind n rnt able 2 tke d rite dcsn....

Kool Ahmed

IF-Rockerz

Kool Ahmed

-

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 6:11am | IP Logged
they should be handleld by seeing the situation

ishu124

Goldie

ishu124

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by EiShA

Angry Angry

I agree with Aparna diSmile

MEN---AngryTongue

me agreee 2!!!

BOYS---AngryEmbarrassed               stupid n immutureLOLLOLLOL

sry me only 12 so me said boys!!Wink

MS.ATTITUDE

Goldie

MS.ATTITUDE

Posted: 24 December 2005 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
AISE LOGON KO TU CHITAR PERNE CHAYE