TB:Hellooo IPL Season 4 !!!(Gaurav)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
Hellooo IPL Season 4 !!!

Telly stars talk on the recent IPL Auctions, their favorite teams, and of course on the players they are rooting for!!

The DLF IPL Auction made headline news over the last two days on all channels and newspapers!! Some huge money of over 80 million dollars spent by the franchise owners with over 353 cricketers going thro' the hammer in just two days, there were some huge scenes that happened at the ITC Royal Gardenia Hotel, Bengaluru!! 

While certain cricketers like Gautam Gambhir, Mahela Jayawardhane, Mutthiah Muralitharan, Robin Uthappa, Yousuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan, Rohit Sharma, Jacques Kallis etc ruled the roost by going for huge prices, there were certain others who were deprived of a seat in this season's IPL and were branded with the tag 'Unsold'... 

With the IPL auctions getting to a close, we caught up with the emerging IPL fever and talked to few telly stars who are big-time cricket enthusiasts!! 

Gaurav Khanna:

We have seen Gautam Gambhir being bought at a heft some of 10 crores whereas few world-class international players were bought at comparatively less rates. Why is it that Indian blood went for more prices? 
They have played really well in the past few matches and they have proved themselves and as long as they play good they will be really heavily priced.

Who are the cricketers you are looking forward to in the coming season of IPL? 
I am looking forward for Yousuf Pathan and all the players because they all are professionals and will do their best.   

Cricketing stalwarts like Ganguly, Gayle, Jayasuriya, Lara did not get sold even at a low base price. What do you think about it? 
I do not know much about it and hence would not like to comment and it is all the bosses' decision and we cannot question them in that matter.                                                                                                    
Which is the team which has a good balance according to them? 
I think Mumbai Indians because they retained Sachin.

Which is your personal favorite among the ten teams? Did your favorite change after the recent bidding and team change?
It is Mumbai Indians, because it is my team and I have been watching Sachin ever since I was a kid.  

With the recent Lalit Modi controversies and the inclusion of two teams, do you think that IPL has lost its charm? 
Anything that grows fast and when there is a lot of money involved, it is bound to create controversies. But when the match begins it hardly matters because people just want to enjoy it.

World cup is also down the lane; what are you looking forward to IPL or World Cup?
I am looking forward for the World Cup because it is the ultimate win and this time India does have a great chance I just hope they bring home the cup.

Well, the Cricketing Season is truly on, and it will only heaten up as the summer sets in!!

Posted: 13 years ago
thanks for sharing 😊