Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Freida talks about India's fair skin obsession (Page 2)

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 10:22am | IP Logged
I totally get Freida and she is absolutely right! My own personal experience is very similar to hers.....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchick

Yasmeen786 IF-Dazzler
Yasmeen786
Yasmeen786

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
I sincerely hope that this article succeeds in delivering a momentous social message to all those girls suffering from low self esteem: acknowledge your flaws, and be proud of them, it makes you stand out from the crowd!!!! Don't ignore them as it will always prick you like a thorn, instead work hard and try to improve your flaws!!!! (wisdom of experienceThumbs Up)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

doserkoolchickeraser

doser Senior Member
doser
doser

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Yasmeen786

I sincerely hope that this article succeeds in delivering a momentous social message to all those girls suffering from low self esteem: acknowledge your flaws, and be proud of them, it makes you stand out from the crowd!!!! Don't ignore them as it will always prick you like a thorn, instead work hard and try to improve your flaws!!!! (wisdom of experienceThumbs Up)

+1
seemarao2 Groupbie
seemarao2
seemarao2

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 7:21am | IP Logged

Wow. it's fantastic that Frieda has opened up and talked about color acceptance among desis (now a rising movement)! she seems like a great beautiful role model of a Indian who has accepted her color as a beauty token ! :):)

hopefully, it will help all females in India realize that their epidermis shade, ranging from ivory to ebony, is all beautiful.. because our epidermis is an organ of our body. as beautiful as it is, it does not define us though. what's inside is what defines us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anchal2eraser

MMBG IF-Rockerz
MMBG
MMBG

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 8:14am | IP Logged
I want her skin. Iam so so pale.
seemarao2 Groupbie
seemarao2
seemarao2

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anista45

One day I was checking in at my Los Angeles hotel and a woman who was as pale as pale can be said to me: "I'd love to have your skin color. It's so beautiful!" I thought, What? Where I come from people want to be your color, lady

Do all indians wants to be white?

In my opinion  all those  "Pinto fans" who are calling indians  racist just because  they don't share ur  opinions implicitly practice Bigotry ( Def:- stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own ). In fact, going those fans  argument, I can turn the tables completely and claim that it is the dark skin obsession with Asian or African beauties with the elite magazines to add some exotic flavour to their subscription.Even though im a huge fan of freida i can see why lot of indians consider her as average and  also why westerners hail her as great beauty

Edited by seemarao2 - 05 February 2011 at 8:22am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Yasmeen786

Go to top