~Deep~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Waiting :)

Shilps, you're looking for good pics of them? :P
sweet.melody thumbnail
what are runs? LOL this is gonna be a long explanation :P

Basically they toss a coin and the winner of the toss picks if they wanna bat or bowl first. So the if the team is batting first, two batsmen will come onto the playing area.. that long rectangle thing in the middle of the field

and the bowling side will spread out around the field.

There are a total of 11 players on each side.

So basically the bowler bowls the ball.. and the batter has to hit.. and in between hitting.. they and their partner have to run across the playing surfaceand make runs ... like they literally do run from one side to the other.

and if they hit the boundary with the ball.. they get 4 runs. if the ball goes up in the air and crosses the boundary they get 6 runs.

There are ways the bowlers can get the batsmen out at well.. stumping, run out, caught out, and lbw

stumping is if the ball directly hits the stump (those 3 sticks behind the batsmen)

run out is if the stump is hit while the batmen is out of the crease (there is a line they should cross to be in the crease) stumping usually happens when the batters are running.. and if they don't make it back quick enough

caught out is if the ball is hit in the air and caught by a fielder without touching the ground even once after leaving the bat.. basically it shouldn't bounce after the batter hits it

and lbw is if the batter's feet are in front of the wicket and the ball directly hit's hit pads (the ones covering his legs)

and you run by making the most run.. like if the team that batted first makes 211 runs.. the next team must make 212 to win

oh and the WC has 50 over games.. 1 over consists deliveries of the ball coming from the same bowler

and each bowler can only bowl 10 overs max in this game

made any sense? 😆
black_haze thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
shilps is taking so much time with the pics! should i post them??
sweet.melody thumbnail
i was taking time cause I wrote all that up for Deep... let me go look for pics now! There's this one pic of Virat I love hehe

and Garima you noticed all 3 times Gambhir was trying to get the strike.. he just wanted to get more runs lol
black_haze thumbnail
OMG shilps. deep is going to be SO confused reading that.
good explaination though! but thats cos i know all of it [LOL}
Edited by black_haze - 13 years ago
~Deep~ thumbnail
I think I understood what it's about roughly now.. I'll give it a shot on Wednesday.. :) How long does each team bat? I mean, how do you decide when they change positions?
~Deep~ thumbnail

RIYUUU!

Yuvraj looks ok, not what I would call goodlooking though.. :/
black_haze thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Deep~

I think I understood what it's about roughly now.. I'll give it a shot on Wednesday.. :) How long does each team bat? I mean, how do you decide when they change positions?

each team bats for 50 overs. each cover consists of 6 balls being bowled by the opposite team. so each team bats for 300 balls. and then they switch.
sweet.melody thumbnail
Zaheer Khan

Deep they switch batting and bowling when the team's 50 overs are done.. and one time bats for like 3 and a half hours generally if they do the whole 50 overs.

the game lasts like 9 hours total

haha thanks Garima 😆

Riyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
black_haze thumbnail
deep, can u see the second avi in shilpa's line of avis? thats yuvi hitting the winning runs,ie the last four runs :)