Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

*Sushant Singh Rajput's Appreciation Thread #2* (Page 64)

toothbrush13 IF-Dazzler
toothbrush13
toothbrush13

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Silvermoonlight, I love your comments.  LOL

---

I really liked Sushant's performance today.  Somewhere it had that extra touch missing, I don't know what it was, but the flamenco itself was fabulous.  Sushant and Shampa presented the form very very well, I think they should have gotten about a 28 for that.  I liked the creativity with the theme, but somewhere I think the way that it had to be explained threw me off a bit.  I think this was a good example of how high he has set his own bar, now any performance that is less than totally enrapturing just won't cut it.  I thought it was a stellar performance nonetheless, especially for the flamenco.  And he looked so hot doing it.  Day Dreaming

I thought it was cute when Sushant was giving his tip to Ajay and clarified at the end that there is a girl now.  Awwww I just found that so oddly sweet.  Embarrassed  And yeah, at least for me it's confirmed that this guy is the biggest sweetheart ever; his reaction to Ankita's elimination was so so sweet.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dhahiCuteCherrysensodyne

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by silvermoonlight

Ive compared Sushant to melting chocolate

Today he was smooth and flowing like soft satin sheets blowing gently in the wind

Depending on your fantasy..he can be in the satin sheets with a chocolate covered strawberry LOL

This description is so dreamy.. I love it!!!Clap

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:29am | IP Logged

Okay, now I've seen the performance a lot of times and am in the mood to write about it in detail.

I really liked the performance. It had a very interesting concept, was peppy, a little comical and very nicely choreographed. The flamenco was superb and both of them were very graceful. I especially liked the tap dancing part- it was very well done and the footwork was very good. Sushant's happy go lucky expressions were bang on, and Shampa was good with her expressions too- she had a range of them- from when she was going to hit him with that iron vase (when he was saved cos of the RED blood during shaving), smiled evilly when she thought he was going to drink from the poison filled tea pot, to her frustrated expressions when he was saved each time due to red (especially when she threw something to hit him but he sneezed into his RED hanky and bent down), to her seductive, flirty expressions when she came with a fan to dance with him (and eventually kill him with the dagger) and finally when she felt she had completely got defeated in the end when he slept covering himself with a RED sheet. Very good job by both!

That said, I have to mention that there was one teeny weeny flaw which prevented it from being a 'worth 30 performance'- The way the act started off and all was very nice, but after seeing Sushant saved two times cos of red (once during shaving, and once when he drank from the other mug), I was looking forward to see what would happen next. But instead we got the dance (where Sushant danced with a red cloth on a haunting background music- the clapping and tapping part till the part he said 'Olay') which was beautiful and excellently done no doubt, but somehow seemed cut off from the concept, cos the RED being lucky thing was NOT shown here. After that, everything was fine again, the RED and the concept was shown along with the dance, and I enjoyed the rest of it- but the clapping and tapping part  (above mentioned part highlighted in bold) even though beautifully done seemed to stand out a little- I was actually wondering how come the concept wasn't really brought in that part, I thought maybe I missed something and watched it again- but no- it was plain dancing. And I think this was the little flaw in his performance- the feeling of 'something' missing in the act- cos you are watching the whole performance carefully since the beginning to notice every red thing that becomes lucky, but actually feel confused at this one part in the performance and feel that 'kuch miss kiya maine' ya 'kuch galat ho gaya' ya 'kuch hua jo mujhe samajh mein nahi aya' and that somewhere leaves you a little unsatisfied. When you watch it again, you understand that there was nothing to actually understand/interpret in that part of the dance- it was hardcore Flamenco. At least this is what I felt- don't know about others.

Except for this little flaw, I think the whole act was beautifully done. Despite the above mentioned part lacking a little from the concept part of view, I think it was the part which impressed judges the most from the dancing point of view, cos it was brilliantly executed and the tapping and clapping thing was excellently done and the postures were amazing. As I wrote above, it was my favourite part in the act too.

So the marks were completely fair, according to me. Not less, not more. If it was some other performer who had done this act in this same manner- I would have ignored that little flaw/discontentment and said that he should have got 30 cos on the whole the performance was excellent and concept was executed well,  but Sushant has raised his bar- so he deserves to get 30 only for a completely satisfying per-fect performance.

But yes, it definitely deserved to be the best performance of the day- it was grasping, eye pleasing, there was beautiful graceful dancing, and made you feel cheerful- I felt like laughing at poor Shampa when she sat down near Sushant covered with a red sheet. It was one of those feel good performances, when its shown how luck is inadvertently favouring you and you have no control over it at all.

Sushant looked fab (as usual.. LOL ), and did a good job playing the happy go lucky guy and looking cheerful, despite of his emotional and depressed state of mind- a mark of a good actor. He did not compromise on his expressions at all. He was doing the dance as if it was something he had been doing all his life, he seemed really comfortable and his moves were very very smooth.

Shampa looked BAD!- to say the least. She looked too weird and evil and actually looked like a devil- there was something really bad in her make-up and hair- it made the contours of her face look different- abnormal even. Maybe they did it purposefully to show her as the messenger of death.  Whatever it was- it was BAD. PLAIN BAD.

But she choreographed it well so hats off to her.

Overall, a very very nice performance. Very good job by Sushant and Shampa. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

--Minks--dhahinikhilsahaiCuteCherrylunzaTiyaliNisha_90

--Rachna-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Rachna--
--Rachna--

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 4:06am | IP Logged
Wow, Sushant and Shampa keep coming up with innovative ideas and concepts and new dance forms every week. They never fail to amaze me! I really liked his dance, his postures were perfect. And he looked really really cute. But it was definitely not worth a 30 as we've all seen him do better!

Awww he looked so sad when Ankita got eliminated, seems like he was about to cry because he had his head down the whole time Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dhahi

Tiyali IF-Rockerz

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 5:50am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lunzanikitagmc

coolpratz IF-Sizzlerz
coolpratz
coolpratz

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 9:45am | IP Logged
ariel act??Ouch
i hope sushant n shampa create  wonders with  their concept n coreography...Approve
aww...... he rushed to hug anki..Wink
but thankfully culd finally see him smiling.Embarrassed
ankita ke wapas aane se aaise hi hawa main hun.LOLThumbs Up

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dhahiCuteCherrylunza

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 10:07am | IP Logged
can sushant pull off an aerial act with that cute li'l tummy of his ?..Confused
And will their act be better than salman-yana's ? Yana is much fitter and in shape than sushant..

I think the big competition next week will be between the two aerial acts..
coolpratz IF-Sizzlerz
coolpratz
coolpratz

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 10:17am | IP Logged
sushant n yana  r given same form coz they r in same level..D'oh. now there challange btwn yana n sushant in terms of performance n btwn salman n shampa in terms of coreography.... Stern Smile
i hop sushant comes up with some brilliant concept to give his performance a plus point....

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nikhilsahailunza

Go to top