Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Mihir I totally get that they're only out there to make money at the end of the day but if there's a format to the show, the least they can do is stick to it.

Imagine how unfair the show would be if Salman and Jai were contestants on the show and not choreographers competing against people like Daya, Ankita and all the other amateurs? It makes the show less enjoyable with less competition because it creates an imbalance between the number of strong dancers and mediocre dancers.

Arey but u tell me whats important, Format or Money? ðŸ˜† 

Take Bigg Boss for instance, once a contestant leaves and stays out of house for more than 24 hours, he's not allowed back, its against the rules. but that happened twice this season, and that was the sole reason this season was a hit ðŸ˜† agar rules follow karte toh maha flop ho jaati season ðŸ˜‰
Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

In that case what is Yana doing on the show?🤔

she is also trained? god! but i thought she was a model? wow! how r these people allowed to participate?
Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Rachna--

Sushant is only trained in Jazz, no other dance form!

doesn't matter. training is training. and that's more training than daya, chang, or akhil have ever received. so yes, it is unfair.
--Rachna-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Rapier

doesn't matter. training is training. and that's more training than daya, chang, or akhil have ever received. so yes, it is unfair.

Not all dance forms have the same moves as Jazz. Being trained in one dance form does not mean he knows all. He still has to do as much hard work as those non-trained dancers.
aadri- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Not all dance forms have the same moves as Jazz. Being trained in one dance form does not mean he knows all. He still has to do as much hard work as those non-trained dancers.

not really...........may be someone is not trained in all the dance forms, but his basic training whether it's in Jazz or else would definitely help him to pick up the other forms easily.

--Rachna-- thumbnail
So someone who is trained in Bollywood like Madhuri would be able to do a dance like Hip Hop easily?

Take for example last season of DID, Dharmesh was a trained Hip Hop dancer, but it took a lot of hard work for him to learn classical and contemporary. Same with Shakti, she was trained in contemporary but had to do so much work when she was assigned LnP.

And besides Sushant has only 2 years of training, that is not much. You require a lot more than that to be actually really good at a dance form and master it.
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
For a non-dancer, understanding the 1-2-3 rhythm, catching beats is difficult.

Having prior experience in dance however helps that aspect.

It is easier for a dancer to learn another form of dance rather than a nondancer to take baby steps in dancing.

However I guess rapier is calling yana and krushna's inclusion unfair too. Not just sushant. SHiamak wouldnt have given important roles in a commonwealth game performance to sushant if he wasnt good enough. I believe shiamak wasnt doing "jazz" in CWG either.
Edited by bandicoot - 13 years ago
aadri- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

So someone who is trained in Bollywood like Madhuri would be able to do a dance like Hip Hop easily?

Take for example last season of DID, Dharmesh was a trained Hip Hop dancer, but it took a lot of hard work for him to learn classical and contemporary. Same with Shakti, she was trained in contemporary but had to do so much work when she was assigned LnP.

it's surely difficult for everyone to cope up with a new dance form........but what I m trying to say is it's more difficult for a non-dancer than a dancer[who is trained in some other forms of dancing]..........

about Madhuri, surely she will find it tough to do a Hip Hop..........but someone who is not trained in either forms of dancing, would find it 100 times tougher than her.

And besides Sushant has only 2 years of training, that is not much. You require a lot more than that to be actually really good at a dance form and master it.

nothing against Sushant but clearly those 2 years of experience is what makes him getting the edge over most of the contestants in the show.

--Rachna-- thumbnail
You know what, I don't really wanna argue on this because whatever I say won't matter, you will still keep saying that Sushant being on JDJ is unfair so I'll just leave it at that!
prettywomen22 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Both the platforms are different.  Format is different.  Both are best in their arena.  Comparison is unfair.

DID is for professional dancers to compete one another

JDJ is for non-dancing celebrities to compete one another

Where would you expect the pro to be in, definitely in DID.  In JDJ, you cannot have pro's but amateur who will demostrate what they learn in the process. 

I like both the shows.