Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2
Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2

the canada girls..i am disappointed!!

preet03 Groupbie
preet03
preet03

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
Hey everyone..

i know this is random but honestly i am really against the fact of the way they have made the canada cousins of arohi look... i am from USA and i have lots of cousins from canada and seriously creatives please i am not being rude but stop this crap.. why are you making girls from canda look so disrespectful ?? especially the way they dress and all.. girls from canada are not like that.. they don't dress like that in houses and all when there is a wedding going on. they know everything about their traditions and esp when they go to india they do not behave like that.. to be honest they don't even like the guys from there.. the guys from their run around them.. i was so disappinted about that.. i know everything about my culture and whenever i visit india i am never like that i am always wearing suits there and know everything about my religion and culture.. so please don't make us look indecent because we are foriegn..we have respect for our selves.. just because we drink and have a night party life.. doesn't make us indecent.. so please stop showing this stuff in shows.. because i have noticed a lot of these in a lot of shows...

if anyone is against it you are most welcome to reply to it thank you

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

aewasheetal6rose-girlAmber_1kishubedi

Pranii IF-Dazzler
Pranii
Pranii

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
hi dear, well u see the characters have been made here as per the need the creatives felt wud suit the story and help the scenes. They dont represent the entire NRIs. If that wud have been then wudnt all heroes be lke Arjun in real to but it isn't so right? ;)

Edited by Pranii - 09 January 2011 at 11:05pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kavyasam

second_chances IF-Sizzlerz
second_chances
second_chances

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
they are streotyping no doubt 
say in a 100, maybe 2 would be like portrayed in the show.
 but  just like not all math wiz and computer genuiouses are geeky glass wearing nerds, the same applies here

aewa

khushnoodmir Senior Member
khushnoodmir
khushnoodmir

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
It is only for the show yaar n i dont think that only they r shown wearing short dresses even indian grls r shown wearing the same lk shefali n simmi n they r also shown clubbing so dont take it that way yaar
second_chances IF-Sizzlerz
second_chances
second_chances

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
and oh yeah, they also showed the ladies going to the strip club... honesltly like the whole family went. at that rate, these canaan girls arent as bad 
ObodroKargosh IF-Sizzlerz
ObodroKargosh
ObodroKargosh

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 12:34am | IP Logged
I think from the way their character is sketched it is right

they are those girls who always want to show off...i have seen those kind of girls who say disgusting things about India just because they are brought up in US

India is far better right now, and yet we see "NRIs" always saying bad things...I will not say ALL but yes there are a few that do.

I respect your opinion that you aren't like that, but there are some...parents have brought them up in such a way that they only blend in the American lifestyle...they have 0 clue about the Indian traditions and yes in a wedding they would know that they should wear Indian traditional clothes, but at the same time when Amrit told them to, their reply was "how boring" or smething like that, they just want to be "westernized"....there are people like those.

The Creatives aren't saying all are like that, but yes there are people who still know their traditions and everything despite of living outside India. It also doesn't mean they have to wear suits when they go there, to show we know traditions it doesn't mean wearing suits and all...you can wear dresses, jeans, t-shirts, shirts, tanks, skirts, go clubbing and still have your values in you.

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything, and I totally understand your POV because at times I myself say, people from outside India aren't like that, but may be that is how our upbringing is...there are other people who have not been taught anything about the culture and values just so they can "blend" into American cultures/values...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sheetal6Anu-Ananyakavyasam

rose-girl Goldie
rose-girl
rose-girl

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 12:40am | IP Logged
@preet03 i agree wid u completely, but in KMH they needed these kind of girlzz so story line wise it's ok....but hamesha Q aisa dikhaate he foreign girlz ko? not just in kmh but every serial:(
sheetal6 Goldie
sheetal6
sheetal6

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:36am | IP Logged

All I would say is that lets not take things personal.

kavyasam

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index