India-Forums

Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2
Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2

Glimpsed for Good-Karan Kundra[Old Article]

Pranii IF-Dazzler
Pranii
Pranii

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
Well this is a very old article that i posted in KMH1 forum. But as it was after KMH went off air, i guess many of us havnt seen this. So i'm posting it again here.As i cudnt download the actual pages, i zoomed in to figure out what is written and typed and posted it here. but i couldn't make out at all what some words were so I have left some blanks and a few of the words i have assumed them to be such as per the intention of the sentence. So there might be some errors. if u come across such mistakes please let me know. Embarrassed

P.S. Thanks to shibz dear for helping me with the words and post last time and Anjali and Tanu tooEmbarrassed

Our Karan featured in the cover story of November 2009 issue of Glimpse which is a leading lifestyle magazine of Punjab (so some of the things are invalid now). This article is very special, the most for me, i can read it like thousand times.
Its really such a sweet article, with so many praises for our Karan and his jokes make them even more sweeter.  do read and enjoyEmbarrassed
http://glimpse.in/magazines/view/2009/November

His freshness strikes like the top note of a perfume, ephemeral yet intoxicating. Heir apparent to the Balaji soap leads throne, this Punjabi lad good-humoredly revels in being dubbed 'so damn hot'(4,579 fan requests on Facebook and still bursting!). Mr Stylista at Mr India 2008 and stuff of a Bollywood dreamboat, this 6'1" model-turned-actor is young, articulate, media savvy and insists he's not just another feather in telleville's overflowing cap. Cute as a button, with little doses madness, masti and mayhem thrown in, he's the guy you'd like to take home to mommy. In an industry that prefers cookie cutter products, Karan holds his own against a torrent of pumped up pretty boys. By being smart, casual, sassy. By having more energy and gumption than pizzazz. By bringing freshness, chutzpah, glam and groove into this exclusive, rollicking interview with Glimpse, kicking up a riot with his live wire personality and wit-faced jokes. Excerpts from the conversation...

Edited by Pranii - 10 January 2011 at 1:09am

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

karanika07MitEssHMaheen_AhmedGURASH14Nimz-KMHgemini1217tanu111asheetal6KhaLidaHshinyclassicrasika_DSipkknd06-Olly-kavyasampayal_4Anjalii...xXxSiddhi_ObodroKargoshMariaa.SG...vibha...MaNanHoLiC

Pranii IF-Dazzler
Pranii
Pranii

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 9:54pm | IP Logged

Tellyville's hot young scion, the young and so charming Karan Kundra can't stop raving about going places with Glimpse! In early 2008, this Jalandhar-bred boy was featured as Glimpse face of the month. Barely a year later, our find has morphed into a hottie who's steadily climbing the tellyville ladder...

Suddenly, men want to be like him. Women want to be all around him. Suddenly, this Jalandhar-bred boy is mobbed by fans wherever he goes, with girls going gaga, rather hysterical- kissing, hugging and even tearing at his clothes. He is everywhere his fans (ala telly hooked swooning women) look; and worst, they can't help looking! His intense, high-octane performance in Kitni Mohabbat Hai might have left women breathless and wanting for more, but telleville's latest hottie Karan Kundra is reveling in his season in the sun after having tugged at the heartstrings of a K obsessed nation. And now, he's all set to be strutting in his new role in Bayttaab Dil Ki Tamanna Hai with aplomb and vivacity. We chat up the feisty model-actor and come back thoroughly charmed.

Aladdin's lamp seems to be working overtime for you, since our glossy featured you as our Face of the Month. How much do you feel life has changed for you post being Glimpsed?

I must say I've been Glimpsed for good... rather the best (laughs). I was flooded with fan mail post my coverage in your magazine. My Facebook too seemed to be bursting with at the seams, being perpetually flooded with friend requests. Don't know how but girls even inquired my address in Jalandhar and started sending me baked cakes, flowers and all the jazz! Bouyed by all this sudden adulation, I decided to approach Ekta Kapoor on FB, which clicked and opened much wider horizons for me. And since then, as they say, there's been no looking back. So, a hug and a big thankyou to Glimpse!

Your popular show Kitni Mohabbat Hai just went off air and the buzz is that you're floored with more offers. How's the feeling?

It feels awesome, yet a little weird at times. By the way, I'm an absolute sucker for fame and am never ever tired of the adulation coming my way. I'm a big attention seeker and love to be worshipped (grins). On a serious note, when you've been working since a very young age, success does not change you. My dad always made me work for my pocket money and I've learnt to earn for myself since I was 16.

Recently, a group of girls mobbed and hugged you at Kolkata. How has this kind of adulation changed you?

(Shrugs) I was in Kolkata for the promotion of our show. Kritika (Kamra), the PR team and I were strolling down Esplanade Street. Suddenly I saw a group of girls charging towards me. Initially I thought they wanted my autograph but to my surprise they caught hold of me. They kissed me and hugged me and some of them even tore my clothes. All this while, Kritika and the rest simply kept laughing. Well, (laughs) I don't think it makes me a star. Though, I enjoyed it thoroughly it was a bit embarrassing. But I wouldn't mind such attention again!

Your fans can't seem to have enough of your well-toned physique. We guess looking good comes naturally to you. How do you maintain your physique and looks?

I've been blessed with a good height but have worked at my physique. In 2006, when I returned from the US after pursuing my higher studies, I weighed around 103 kg. It was only since I decided to participate in Mr India contest that I started working out and got this physique. Presently, I'm into a lot of cardio and gyming. I keep safe on my diet too, especially my sweet tooth. I have to restrain from sweets, especially cheese cake and chocolate mousse, my favorites.

How and when did Mr India happen? What do you think you had it in you that made you win the title of Mr Style Statement?

I never even thought about being a model. I had just returned from the US and weighed 103 kg, thanks to the junk I kept eating there. I was just watching a repeat telecast of 2006-7 Mr India contest. They declared 20 finalists from 6000 participants. I thought this could be a good challenge and started weight training from the next day. After 5 months, I weighed 76 Kg, which was underweight considering my height. I was one of the finalists and won the title of Mr Style Statement.

I know you must be tired of answering this but how did acting and Kitni Mohabbat Hai happen?

Well, that's my favorite question and honestly speaking, I never get tired of answering this one. The story of my getting the role is quite interesting. I had just returned from Mr India contest in 2008. Like all youngsters these days, I was hooked to FB. One day, I happened to see Ekta maa'm's profile on this social networking site and sent her a friend request. To my surprise, she accepted it. A few days later, I received an email from Balaji Telefilms asking me to audition for the new show immediately.

Since I was based in Jalandhar, I couldn't make it to the audition, but immediately shot a video of myself on my mobile and sent it as an MMS to the Balaji team. Soon there was another call from Balaji Productions asking me to fly to Mumbai and meet Ekta. I thought it was a prank and almost dropped the idea to go when my friends from Mumbai called me, confirming this

Edited by Pranii - 09 January 2011 at 10:14pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

GURASH14KhaLidaH.Safina.rasika_DS-Olly-ObodroKargoshAnjalii...xXx

Pranii IF-Dazzler
Pranii
Pranii

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 9:55pm | IP Logged

was a Balaji number. So, I was on my way to Mumbai and the rest is history.

So how did your first meeting with Ekta Kapoor go?

I had to drive down to Delhi from where I boarded the flight to Mumbai at 12 in the night. Having reached Mumbai around 1 am, I called Balaji and was called immediately for the meeting with Ekta. So, i met her around 2 in the night and told her that I couldn't act for my life. She assured me that making me act was her gig and I shouldn't worry. She told me how she'd been auditioning for 2 months now to recreate the Sujal-Kashish magic in her upcoming soap Kitni Mohabbat Hai and she had liked me to play the male lead. I was selected for Kitni Mohabbat Hai. It was like a dream launch for me.

How has it been working with Ekta Kapoor? She's supposedly a very tough taskmaster.

Now, let me tell you that Ekta is an absolute sweetheart. As a boss, she's a great visionary, a tough task master of course, but very clear about what she expects out of her team. Once you get that right, she's a darling to work with. I really admire her for her creativity, self belief and strength. She's rare, just a hard-core pro, but a great person too.

Has her obsession with the K word also rubbed off on you?

Definitely. I'm eating, breathing and living K these days (chuckles). I've got two Ks in my name, lost a lot of Kg so look the way I am and had my debut in a K serial. I'm seriously thinking of calling myself KKKKK...Karan (laughs).

How far do you relate yourself to Arjun Punj, your popular character in Kitni Mohabbat Hai?

Arjun Punj in KitniMohabbat Hai is telly's 'Angry Young Man', the arrogant, angry brat who's very reserved and insecure at heart. He's the proverbial rich, powerful, intense guy who hates women. He never ever smiles and has  this forever-staying frown on his face. His frown is sexy though (chuckles again). In real life, I'm Arjun's anti-thesis. I don't have an issue with anything and for me, life is a barrel of laughs. I am the naughtiest person in my family. Even on the sets, I played pranks on everyone. I have this perpetual smile on my face. The only similarity between Karan Kundra and Arjun Punj is that they both are dashingly handsome! (winks)

Normal days minus any shoot look like what?

The shoots are always crazy. At times, we are in the studios for an entire week. So days minus the shoot are full of my indulgences- lots of sleep, social networking, eating out and driving.

What's up next on the work scene?

I'm lucky to get my dream launch with

Edited by Pranii - 09 January 2011 at 10:26pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Maheen_AhmedGURASH14.Safina.KhaLidaHrasika_DS-Olly-ObodroKargoshAnjalii...xXx

Pranii IF-Dazzler
Pranii
Pranii

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 10:03pm | IP Logged

Balaji. Kitni being Ekta's pet project, was written, narrated and even laid out by her. So the publicity associated was great too. Since it wrapped up, things are heating up and I'm glad I'm a part of so much action. Offers have been flowing in but it's too early to divulge any details yet.

The buzz in the industry is that the renowned Rajshri Productions, (whose Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki recently completed 1000 episodes!), approached you for playing the male lead in one of their upcoming shows. But you simply rejected to take up the offer! Is this true?

Yes, Rajshri Productions did approach me but i never refused to accept their offer. Things are still underway as some character they want me to portray in a production hasn't been introduced yet. There's other exciting stuff happening too, but as of now all i can reveal is i'll be back with a bang.

Tell us something about your childhood. How was it like growing up in Jalandhar?

My mom's a Malyali and dad a Punjabi. They met and got married in Mumbai but i was born in Jalandhar. Being the only brother to three sisters, I had a very happy, pampered childhood. I did most of my schooling in Jalandhar and often ran away from school. I still remember how we'd religiously go to Kerala for vacation and get laughter flex as we didn't know the language there. I pursued my MBA degree from Florida, USA, and was in Toronto for a while. However, I got terribly homesick, cried and __ like crazy and came back to take care of my father's construction and call centre business here in Punjab.

What's it that we don't know about you?

Lots actually. But one thing that comes as a surprise to my fans is that I'm a big time prankster. I think somebody's gonna die someday due to my pranks! Also I'm a gaming freak and I love to talk, talk and talk.

Your idea of chilling out?

I'm crazy about watching movies. I love working out too.  Eating endless gol gappas too features big time on my list of fun activities. And yes, I'm hooked to documentaries in a big way. I love to discover and learn new things, which naturally makes Discovery Channel my all-time favorite.

Jalandhar or Mumbai... how would you compare the two?

You're talking about two different worlds. I belong to both though, and love both for

Edited by Pranii - 09 January 2011 at 10:19pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Maheen_AhmedGURASH14KhaLidaHrasika_DS-Olly-ObodroKargoshAnjalii...xXx

Pranii IF-Dazzler
Pranii
Pranii

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 10:04pm | IP Logged

different reasons. Jalandhar is my home; life here is so laid back, relaxed and fun. There's no rush, it's all about wearing great clothes, flaunting your cars and bikes, eating great food, attending grand weddings, and loving the fact that half of the town is your cousins or friends. Mumbai is fast-paced and people are not so much into dressing up in a prim and proper way. But it's the hub of creativity and quick groW*H.

Are you a romantic person?

Yes, I can make my woman go weak in the knees by just looking in her eyes. (Ohhh... this one's for all our women readers!)

Three things you can't live without

My cell phone, credit card and my friends and family.

Are you a Foodie? Which is your favorite cuisine?

Yes, I'm a big time foodie. I'm strictly non-vegetarian. Basically i love all kinds of food. But if i have to name any cuisine, I would go for South Indian, Mexican and Chinese. Amongst ghar ka khana, rajma chawal remains my forever favorite and i miss it a lot in Mumbai. I also have a fetish for our Punjabi ___ ___ ___

Do you cook?

I do cook but not on a regular basis. It's something like once in 8-9 months. All i know is to cook breakfast and my specialty is omelets (grins).

Tell us something about your passion for speed and your new Ford Endeavor?

The joke in our family goes that i told my mum to promise me a car for coming out of her womb. I'm crazy about cars and speed. I had a Skoda in college in which I had 11 accidents! Right now, I'm smitten with my Ford Endeavor that my dad gifted me.

When are you planning to tie the knot?

Not now for sure. Don't you think I'm too young for being dragged to Kittie parties, gossip and shopping sessions? Seeing the plight of my married cousins, marriage is not on the cards yet. It will happen at the right time, when i find someone I think I won't mind enduring endless shopping sessions with!

I'm sure your present relationship status of 'Not Single' on your Facebook page has broken many a hearts. Any comments?

Yes, it does say 'not single' but that doesn't mean I am dating someone! well, aap __ ___ ___ But please let your  readers know that I'm not taken yet!

Maheen_AhmedGURASH14.Safina.KhaLidaHrasika_DS-Olly-ObodroKargoshAnjalii...xXx

Pranii IF-Dazzler
Pranii
Pranii

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 10:04pm | IP Logged

Karan's top 14

Food- Rajma Chawal anyday

Perfume- Bvlgari Aqua

Cars- Bentley

Color- Blue

Apparel brands- Armani, Ed Hardy, Zara

Accessory- Wrist watch

Style statement-  Slick Armani Tee with a slightly ruffled hair.

Gadget- My cell phone. It keeps me sane and well-connected.

Alternate profession- Anchoring

Outfit- Depends on my mood actually, but a jeans and tee is an all time favorite.

Film- Life is beautiful

Destination- South America

Sport- I generally don't do too much sport, but have always wanted to surf.

Luxury- Can't think of one as the list is too comprehensive. The top designers, labels, cars, most expensive houses- I want to have it all.

Maheen_AhmedGURASH14gemini1217.Safina.rasika_DS-Olly-ObodroKargoshAnjalii...xXx

ObodroKargosh IF-Sizzlerz
ObodroKargosh
ObodroKargosh

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Thank you Pranii for putting this up Embarrassed
I loved all his answers Big smile

hahah he hadn't declared his and Kritz relationship then LOL i'm sure he doesn't mind shopping around with her since both were late to the sets once because they were shopping [outdoor shoots for KMH2 - referring to that]

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Pranii-Olly-Anjalii...xXx

Nimz-KMH Senior Member
Nimz-KMH
Nimz-KMH

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Thanks alot PraniSmile
would love to read about him...will read later, saved for nowSmile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Pranii-Olly-Anjalii...xXx

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index