India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

When did?

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
Latin dancing and grinding become crude, lewd and s**tty?

This is not really a JDJ topic, but a dance related topic. One thing that always bothers me about dance clubs, proms, discos and parties is that for many folks dancing = grinding. Not just grinding but just crude gyrating of the hips, with really no real dancing involved. The original Latin dances that inspired these were close partner dances, that were indeed meant to be romantic, intimate and very sensual - but never raunchy. I alway wonder what changed dance forms especially in clubs to become this way and why do people promote it? Its sad because many people misconstrue Latin dancing and frown upon it.

Does anyone remember Lambada

I remember it from the eighties. The kids in it are so cute. I remember wanting to be able to dance like them. Its a close Latin dance, but here they make it seem so cute. Its almost like a Hindi movie story. And dancing makes people happy, even the mean man learns to laugh and smile.

Then who can forget Jennifer Grey/Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing. Don't be fooled by the name, the name actually alludes to American white culture frowning down on Latin/African-American music, dancing and culture in the sixties. The movie is set in the sixties when conservative Americans would trash foreign influences (pretty much how some desis do too).

This was a movie that first introduced grinding and close dancing to mainstream American culture. They brought the dancing of Latin clubs and festivals to mainstream. Jennifer & Patrick were probably the pioneers of grinding, but they were not gross at all. They made it look so graceful, beautiful and rhythmic.

It always baffles and saddens me to see people take dance forms and trash it to something that is s**tty and tasteless.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Its_SashAnjaani_DastaanPerfangel5655ArushiBS

return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
Thought I would add some more dancing and music by Chico and Roberta the kid duo dancing in Lamada. They were two Brazilian kids who became famous for their dancing.

If you watch closely almost all the dancing is done on their toes

The Sandwich

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Its_SashArushiBS

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
D'oh
Anjaani_Dastaan IF-Dazzler
Anjaani_Dastaan
Anjaani_Dastaan

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 6:31pm | IP Logged
Sadly, 
i noticed not only in latin culture but everytwhere. almost everything is raunchy for some strange reason people it sells and yes at times it might but not always =_= 

if u ask anyone why in the industry why everything has become that way they'll also say "times have changed" 

return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

D'oh

What was that for?
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 9:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Taz-A.Crazy.Fan

Sadly, 
i noticed not only in latin culture but everytwhere. almost everything is raunchy for some strange reason people it sells and yes at times it might but not always =_= 

if u ask anyone why in the industry why everything has become that way they'll also say "times have changed" 

That is true. Almost all forms of dance and music have been corrupted. For the longest time I hated hip hop because it seems to be all about ghetto booty. Then a friend introduced me to slam poetry and I learned about spoken word culture that inspired hip hop. Its sad to see commercial artists misrepresent music.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anjaani_Dastaan

Anjaani_Dastaan IF-Dazzler
Anjaani_Dastaan
Anjaani_Dastaan

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by Taz-A.Crazy.Fan

Sadly, 

That is true. Almost all forms of dance and music have been corrupted. For the longest time I hated hip hop because it seems to be all about ghetto booty. Then a friend introduced me to slam poetry and I learned about spoken word culture that inspired hip hop. Its sad to see commercial artists misrepresent music.

ahhhh i completely agree with you 
mainstream music is all about well sleezyness and with sleezy music comes sleezy dancing [trying to tie it to the topic hehe] 

thats probably why i dislike the medias acceptance to much 

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index