Dil Se Diya Vachan

Household voices:Dil se diya vachan

jasmine477 Senior Member
jasmine477
jasmine477

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 11:18am | IP Logged

MUSICAL CONNECT
Household voices

Srabanti Chakrabarti tracks singers and composers behind the popular music of daily soaps, whose soulful renditions echo in every living room across the nation.

CREATIVE PURSUIT (From left) Pamela Jain; Manish; Naveen.A few years back, right at 10 pm, every other house in my neighbourhood heard the strains of Rishton ke bhi roop badalte hain, naye naye saanche mein dhalte hain, ek pedhi aati hain ek jaati hain, banti kahani nayi, kyonki saans bhi kabhi bahu thi... This title song of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.. had achieved a cult status. So did title tracks of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Rishton ki pooja jaha ho, aadar badon ka waha ho...), Kasautii  Zindagii Kay (chahat ke safar mein, dilon ke faasalen dekho, yeh aksar toot jaate hain...) and Kahin To Hoga (meri aankhon mein kya raaz gehra hain, hain kashish meethi yaadon ka pehra hain...).

In fact, some of the title tracks of shows from the 80s like Subaah (composed by R D Burman), Hum Log and Tamas are still fresh in our memory. Sadly, there are hardly any serials today, which can boast of original scores. Also, situational songs or background scores are now purely Bollywood numbers. What happened? Rupali Guha, producer of Uttaran says, "There is no scope for a title montage now. Today, the title credits start when the viewers are shown a recap of the show. So, when will the title track run? But the final call lies with the channel authorities." She adds further, "But that does not mean that title songs are not successful. Shows like Uttaran, Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli, Dil Se Diya... Vachan and Tere Liye do have popular title tracks."

Priya Bhattacharya is the voice behind the title tracks of all the K serials such as Kyunki.., Kasauti.. and Kahani... She started her career with Koshish - Ek Aashaa and later, went on to lend her voice for shows like Ghar Ek Mandir, Kkusum, Karam Apnaa Apnaa and Kkavyanjali.

She says, "This trend of creating title songs for soaps was introduced by Ekta Kapoor. She was very passionate about all her title songs and their lyrics. In fact, she used to be present during the recordings. Ekta believed that a title song can create a strong impact on the audiences. But title songs today hardly connect to people, which is why I have stopped singing for television."

The lack of melody is not just limited to title songs in soaps. Situational songs in serials are now popular Bollywood numbers instead of original scores — quite a contrast from the days when a lot of time and effort was invested into making a music track for television serials.

Pamela Jain, the voice behind title songs of soaps like Kumkum, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Bidaai, Sindoor, Kulvadhu, Bairi Piya and Ganga Ki Dheej, has a slightly different point of view. "Budget is a big factor when it comes to choosing between creating situational songs for a serial or just using Bollywood tracks. But there are a few producers who think differently and make it a point to use original scores. For instance, I sang all the situational songs made for Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai and Bidaai. The mehendi song of Yeh Rishta... was a big hit," she explains.

Rajan Shahi, producer of hit serials like Yeh Rishta.. and Bidaai stresses on the need to create exclusive tracks and background scores for his shows. "For Chand Chupa Badal Mein, I record one song every week. I strongly feel that you can connect with your audience when you use original tracks in daily soaps, especially the title song." Pamela Jain says, "It is sad that we use film songs in TV shows when we have so many talented composers and singers in the industry. I feel production houses need to create exclusive songs for soaps. This is how television will create its niche in the music industry."

What do composers feel? Naveen-Manish, who has been working with Rajan Shahi on most of his shows adds, "Rajan Shahi has a great sense of music and gets the best out of his music directors. We have also worked with the Barjatyas of Rajshri Productions on shows like Main Teri Parchhain Hoon, Pyar Ke Do Naam Ek Radhaa, Ek Shyaam and Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki. They too give a lot of importance to music. It's just a matter of time when television producers realise the importance of title songs for daily soaps."

Let us hope that, in the future, television offers us some more original scores to enjoy.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

anjalianjaliGauravsDbestriniiiiXx_fehmida_xX-Zaara-Thinker_Bellessroomani-Aysha-kinara17nycsweetieEksie

-Aysha- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aysha-
-Aysha-

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 11:28am | IP Logged
thnx 4 sharing

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jasmine477

Thinker_Belle IF-Rockerz
Thinker_Belle
Thinker_Belle

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Thanks for Sharing, Jas...

I like DSDV song... its nice...

I remember Kausautii Zindagi ki song... Once, I sang that song when playing antakshari with friends, and everybody wanted to know which movie was the song from...LOL  They were not daily soap watchers... Imagine their surprise when I told it was from a TV serial!!LOL

Although, I like popular bollywood numbers too... I think there should be a nice mixture of both original songs and bollywood numbers in a TV show...

jasmine477

jasmine477 Senior Member
jasmine477
jasmine477

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 1:58pm | IP Logged

yup tanu even DSDV song is my fav espcially the lyrics have very beautiful meaningSmile

nycsweetie IF-Sizzlerz
nycsweetie
nycsweetie

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
t4s

jasmine477

-Zaara- IF-Rockerz
-Zaara-
-Zaara-

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 5:43am | IP Logged
thanks

dsdv title song is beautiful

jasmine477

arpitnavi Goldie
arpitnavi
arpitnavi

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 7:49am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing.

jasmine477

Eksie IF-Stunnerz
Eksie
Eksie

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:09am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing Jas .. 

Earlier .. title tracks and montages were very popular. Nowadays, they don't much show the title tracks .. but still they do get popular. I too, like the DSDV track. 

But my most favourite .. still .. has to be the Kumkum title track! Especially after the leap .. when Sonu Nigam lent his voice to the title track .. and in the first episode (post-leap) there is a beautiful verse of the track .. with visuals of Gaurav/Sharman carrying Kumkum and running away from Sumit! LOL Love it!! 

@ Tanu - Thats cute .. you sang the KZK song and surprised everyone that it was a TV serial song! LOL Couple of years ago .. Star Plus had released a CD of their most popular tracks from their on-air shows! It was released during Star Parivaar Awards! Smile They should do the same now too .. this time a CD spanning songs of shows from all channels Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jasmine477GauravsDbestThinker_Belle

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index