Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JilyPotter thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Updating Soon...

I dont know if it will be long or not. I am just writing how much i can. 

Beware...in a next couple of updates it involves violence (in a way)
Edited by PurplePetal - 12 years ago
chsweety22 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
JilyPotter thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Hey guys. Part 18...hope you like it

Part Eighteen:
"A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down."
- Arnold H. Glason

GEET POV

The atmosphere became sulkier has silence continue to grow upon. Time passed away at an astronomical rate or was it because of the impatience that resided in me provoking me to believe that time was literally moving faster than I thought.

To fool me into believing that he really did not have an answer for this easy yet drastically complex question.

I continued to gaze at him and eased in my chair hoping of for this eerie silence to come to halt when he finally decided to speak up.

Looking back at the question, was it really that complicated. Did I really need to know the answer?

If the answer that I sought was wrong would I be okay with it. Could I make it through another heart ache? Or if the answer I sought came out to be true, than was I capable to handle the truth.

Was I ready for either of the answer?

I griped the sides of my chair as reality set in on me, once again.

I truly was not ready for this response.

Hastily getting off my chair I accidentally knocked the water onto the table resulting in some drops shooting on to Maan's face.

"Sorry," I immediately said, "I didn't mean to."

"Its okay," he spoke as he averted my eyes. He began to wipe it with his hands. Truly, men were idiots.

I grabbed the napkin that was in front him and began to wipe the water upon his face, "I wonder why people invented napkins," I sarcastically mumbled under my breath.

Maan however remained quiet, as if he didn't even hear my remark.

As I began to wipe his face my senses became more alert and breaths became shallow. I new wave was crashing into me and I had no idea what to do, except to run. And that is exactly what I did.

"Sorry," I spoke again, "I should have done that either."

I dropped the napkin upon his lap and grabbed my purse and left.

I was once again running from him, or was it my self.

Before I left I looked back at our table. He still was seated and was intently gazing at the napkin and clutching it as if it held his life in there.

I raised my gaze and looked at Bhai, at that moment Bhai's eyes found me.

I mumbled 'bye' and left from there.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I simply lay on my bed reading a book I picked up on my way home. I didn't want to be doing nothing. As doing nothing already induced me to think. And thinking led me to matters I did not want to attend.

It was a book called The Hunger Games that almost reflected the conflict between me and Maan.

As in the book, the girl, Katniss, is basically using the boy, Peeta, to save her life from a fight to the finish game. And I used Maan to basically save myself from a shattered heart.

I read the book silently hoping that these similarities would cease to exist and hoped for the book to end to see if they ended up together.

As got more absorbed into the book I wandered around the apartment. Sometimes in the kitchen or the balcony and even managed to go into the bathroom.

I finally slumped myself on the couch as the last couple of chapters came. I was reading more intently and even reread some lines countless time to make sure that understand the meaning.

As the last page approached Peeta confessed to Katniss that he truly loves her and he wasn't pretending, and Katniss is appalled and that is the end.

The end. So there is a sequel. I don't even know if they end up together. This was a complete waste of my time. I chucked the book across the apartment in anger and it managed to reach the entrance. At that same time the door opened up and Meera walked in.

She ducked instantly and the book shot out of the apartment.

"What the hell Geet?" her eyes were bitter yet they embarked a certain considerate shadow.

She scurried out to get the book and moved away into the kitchen and picked up the reddest apple and dug my teeth in to get my first bite. I bit extra hard pretending it was the book not giving me my desired answers.

Meera watched into the kitchen and placed her bag on the island counter and shoved the book to me.

She raised her eyebrows and her eyes were catechizing me. I attempted to hold myself together but I couldn't. I was like the juice oozing out the apple. No matter how hard you tried it would come out.

"I cant take it anymore. None of it. I don't understand anything. What I want, what I need. And you stupid brother isn't helping me either. On the contrary, he is making everything more difficult that it needs to be. I actually feel something when I am around him. Something that makes me want to live again."

I completely broke down and a slide down to the floor clutching onto my self.

"Geet--." Meera came to sit down next to me, "Don't worry'"

"You think that I actually want to worry. No. I want to live a normal life but I cant. I am always so afraid. What if everything goes wrong? That I cant have him or he doesn't want me. I cant take that, not again. After what happened with Dev, I'm not ready with another heart break. I wont be able to take it. What if everything shatters in front of my eyes again? Meera what will I do?"

"So this is you problem."

My body turned stiff at her remark. My problem, how could she even say that? But this is what best friends are for.

She wiped the tears the trickled endlessly down my eyes, "Dev."

I grasped her into my arms and hugged her dearly. I shook my head and signaled her yes. However, Dev was only one of the many problems that I had.

"This is the man that is causing you to have a block."

"Block?" I groggily looked up at her.

"Block. Right in that heart of yours. You are scared and he invoked that idea into you. And you haven't been able to come to terms on that matter. Like you are holding back."

This is what you get when you have a social worker as a friend who majored in psychology.

"But I have an idea."

"Idea?"

"Yes, idea."

Alarmed at the thought of Meera having an idea I slowly began to back away. Meera's ideas never ever had a good outcome.

"I was listening to song."

"An idea from a song, what song?"

"Yes. It is an old song but that doesn't matter. But it will work in your favor."

"A song." I was able to grasp this idea.

"Yes. You can listen to it in the car."

"Do I have to?"

"Geet, don't you want to forget Dev."

"I kind of think that is impossible."

"Okay, fine. But you don't want him to interfere in your future decisions."

That idea made the wall of resistance of her ideas slowly shatter.

"Yes but."

"No buts. Go where a black wife beater and some jeans. Oh, and a black baseball cap.

I was getting more startled by her requests but the idea of preventing Dev from coming into my thoughts beaconed to go along.

I began to head to my bedroom to change when Meera called out to me.

"We will have to stop at Yash's."

"Why? He isn't coming with us."

"No, but he has baseball bats, and we don't."

I was left astound by her remark. Baseball bats. What did she have in mind?

"Meera, we wont get arrested for this?" I skeptically I asked her not hoping for a response but it came anyway.

"Ummm'just don't get caught." And she threw a very cheeky smile at me and left to her bedroom.

Was it to late to back out now?

Precap: What are these girls up to? Are they to get caught?  

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

How did you guys like it?
I hope that it was good...
So what do you guys think Meera's plan is...and if i delay the next update i will post the song so you know it...otherwise no spoiler...
and if violence is involved...i wonder what it could be😆

NOT EDITED...please ignore. 

and thanks to everyone you wished me on my health. The doctors have concluded that spandex/latex is my problem. Which goes on my bad side cause i am in dance so i have to were leotards and leggings with a lot of spandex. But i will make it through!!!!!!

and for the exam...I know i did amazing on the ap history test but i know i did horrible for calculus... But thanks anyways. 

And i little thing on how Geet and Meera's friendship works:

PLEASE COMMENT OR HIT THE LIKE BUTTON OR BOTH...i love reading comments...

Love

Isha          
Edited by PurplePetal - 12 years ago
rsroopali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
wooowww
i want geet 2 hit tht dev black n blue
it will b fun 2 watch ittt
minnie_tweetie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4