MystiqueDew thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Hospital dear.......but its up to u.
Con it in the way u feel the Best
namitasin thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't mind all i wanna them n togather but hospital wuld be more fun, rest its all urs ,whatever u chose wuld b best.
ayu14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I will like to see geet in kc somehow kc is a part of geet so.. But u can choose either
amzu32 thumbnail
in hospita😊l.....but what ever u choose i'll love it......
Shalve thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Maan @ hospital that will be something different... 
-SmexySmile- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
hospital will b different from other ff's
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
OMG!! the dance was so amazing....loved it!! NT was so jealous with the attention maneet were getting...yippeee!!! Loved it! And the parents came....nice!!! Sameera....ufff...can't wait to see what happens next...excellent!!!!
Water. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Please.........................ab update karo na.
Babaji....tussi thodi si help kardo.....update mein. 😛
JilyPotter thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Hi guys....first...THANK YOU for your comments and those who gave me your opinion. Well hospital won but those who wanted KC i will incorporate that in some way or shape or form i the future😉...sorry for the late update but i got caught up in school (advice: never take Calculus when the teacher doesnt know what he is talking about..otherwise you will be pulling your hair out in class wondering why you took this class)...and i would like to thank Water. (you will know why)😊

Enjoy part 9

Part 9: 

The courses of love never did run smooth 

' William Shakespeare

GEET POV

I was talking to Maan and he was gazing away at something else. I was getting angrier by the moment, the audacity of this man. I followed his gaze to see him looking a girl. Well that's a first. I looked more closely to see why he was gazing so intently at this woman to notice that it none other than my mentor at the hospital. Dr. Sameera Rao, or how the Americans say Dr. Sam.

I walked over to her and convinced her to come here and talk to Maan. I practically I had to plead her but when she saw Maan she agreed immediately, I was ecstatic. We walked towards Maan but he abruptly turned around. Did he just chug that drink down his mouth? Whatever. Why do I care? But I did care, I never liked people who drinked, drinking always lead to bad consequences.

"Maan" I called to him when he didn't turn around. I tried not to sound bitter. "I have someone to introduce. He did turn around but he still looked Sam. But it wasn't those lovey dovey stares but a stare that could kill anyone that looked at it. The stare radiated discord and I was caught in between the tension. I decided to break the ice.

"Maan this is Sameera Rao. She is like my best friend type mentor. She is already a doctor and she is helping me become a better doctor. She is the sweetest and kindest person I ever meant." I complimented her in hopes that his eyes would cool down. Why why was he staring to her like that? Have they met before?

I turned to look at him to notice that the vexation that his eyes where giving off had multiplied after the introduction. I kept a smile on my face but this man was going to kill me, doesn't he know how to be nice?

"HI," he curtly said and immediately turned around and was left.

ANGER. SHEER ANGER.

"I'm so sorry Sam," I began to apologize, "I didn't know. He is sometimes really weird, I cant understand him."

"Geet," Sameera yelled and caught my attention, "He's just like that."

How the hell did she know that?

"How do you know that he is like that," my eyes narrowed, "Have you meet before?"

"Nooo," Sameera began to shuffle her feet and she avoided my eyes, "He just looks like the type. Big men and there big egos and introvert lifestyles'Forget about me, How do you know him?"

Should I tell her the truth? Deciding to tell her the truth was the best way to go. She was my mentor and she would help me through everything.  But she didn't need to now the whole truth.

"He is my date," should I say the b-word. Would that push it to far, "MY BOYFRIEND!"

No turning back now. I plastered another smile to hide my nervousness but it was clearly evident on my face.

Sameera face turned red and her body stiffed at my remark. Awkwardness prevailed. Sam and I never had these types of moments but my one remark changed it.

"I have to go'I have an early shift tomorrow." She looked at her watch, "Bye'and congratulations." She managed to spit out.

Tonight'again'was not my night. Sameera left me here, stranded and alone with a puzzled look on my face. I walked around to try and find where Maan had gone to but he was nowhere to be found. Had he left?

He abandoned me. Men'never to be trusted. They are all the same.

I quickly found Pari.

"Pari. I need to go, I have the early shift tomorrow." I used Sameera line, "I need to go, its already 10."

"It's okay. I understand." This is why I love Pari.

"Thank you. And Happy Birthday." I hugged her and quickly left when I remembered that I didn't bring my car. Crap'another reason to hate that man.

I raised my arm and finally a taxi came. I went back home and took a long hot shower and then retired to bed.

The alarm woke me up in the morning and sluggishly got out of bed. Work. I took a quick shower and changed into my scrub outfit. I wanted to occupy my mind to not dwell on the events that took place last night. Walking out of my room I noticed that Meera hadn't even woken up. That seriously shocked me; she was usually the morning bird in the house. I crept into her room to notice that the bed wasn't even made, along being the early bird she was the messy person, and her bed made wasn't normal.

Slowly the pieces became one. Pari's party, late night party, drinks, and Yash and Pari'so she was either at Pari's or Yash's. At least she was safe, well partially safe.

I ate my breakfast and I was out the door. I got in my car and went straight to San Francisco Medical Center. I didn't waste my time. I walked into the hospital. This was my home, this was my life, this where I felt safe. I laughed at my own thoughts.

The place where hundreds people die, or are dying, or even injured was the place I felt safe.

I walked into the ER center to finish my shift before I went to check-up with the doctor supervision of heart patients.

The room was flooded with people. Some who where crying over their loved ones shoulder hoping that some good news would come to them. Others smiling and their face expressing tons of happiness by hearing the news that their loved ones where perfectly fine. Doctors and nurses rushing behind a stretcher and walking swiftly across the hallway to reach Trauma 1, or others trying to reach a vacant room to help treat the patient at hand. The more desperate ones treating the most severely wounded in the room itself before they lost a chance of survival.

My home in the most sadistic way ever.

A tap on the shoulder frightened the hell out of me but it also alerted me as well. We were in the ER center.

"GEEETTT," the flirt of the hospital called me.

"What do you want Armaan?" I my voice was cold but I was joking around with him.

"Nothing, sweety pie," he wrapped his arm around me, "I was going to say after our shift why not go on a long drive and than have a date'maybe at Olive Garden."

Olive Garden. The memories came flooding back'Maan Singh Khurana was what came to man. Oh'How I loathed that man.

"No thank you." I flatly told him and shoved his arm off.

"CLEAR THE ROOM," I boisterous voice from behind alerted my sense again. I turned around to see a bunch of paramedics leading a stretcher across the hallway, "We have a heart attack, minor or major, is yet to be determined?" the voice yelled at the hall of doctors.

I looked at Armaan and he was looking at me blankly as well. We were both cardiologists, and this was a heart patient. This was our case (with help of other doctors).

Armaan ran to the stretcher and I ran right behind him. I saw the paramedic pumping oxygen.

There was an old women lying on the stretcher wearing a saree. I felt an instant connection to this lady. I don't know why but she caught my attention and my heart went out to her.  She was hyperventilating and her arm was reaching out for something but I didn't know what.

"Get her in the room stat," I yelled at the nurse that came to help, "Get Dr. Sam and please get a vile of morphine and a sedative ready. Go NOW."

The nurse left immediately. I paid no heed to the attempts the lady made to reach out for whoever she was reaching for. We reached the closest room and we lead her in. I watched Dr. Sam walk in and relief was stricken all over my body but the thought of the woman's crisis was still over me. I was the last one to enter but I voice called out to me'

"Geet," I turned around to see who it was. No one called me Geet besides Pari or Armaan. But this was a man's voice and Armaan had already entered the room. The pitch dark hair, those sweet eyes and that tears stained on that perfectly chiseled face. It was Maan'

Maan POV

No thought crossed my mind other than my Dadi's safety. I tried to hold back my tears and stay strong for my Bua but these tears had a mind of their own and they flooded down continuously, but involuntarily, down my face. I jumped down the ambulance as the paramedics pulled Dadima out. I tried to console Bua but I was in no state of helping others when my whole mind was in chaos.

We were running down the hallway and I saw Dadima looking for someone, looking for me. Her hands were reaching out but the doctor in front wasn't letting that happen.    

"Get her in the room stat," the doctor yelled at a poor nurse, "Get Dr. Sam and please get a vile of morphine and a sedative ready. Go NOW." Relief stricken me as I knew that Dadi was going to be treated.

That didn't last for long when I noticed her under my Dadi's room. Anger replace my relief. Anger mixed with pain, distress, worry, and even resentment. Than I noticed my little ray of hope. Geet.

She was also going to my room. Everything was going to be okay, I hoped.

"Geet," I called out to her, "Please take care of my Dadima. Not Sam, YOU'"

PS...i am performing in a parade tomorrow..wish me luck...i will need it😊

and i know it was short but next will be long..i promise😃

Part Eight: Click Here

Part Ten: Click Here

Edited by ManEetkiDeewaNi - 13 years ago
shah10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
nice part but kinda sad for maan.
poor dadi.
hope she okay.