Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kubare thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
@Teech ....loved all that you wrote...thats what we all are hoping for too...that we get back that old Quality back in the show.....
garfield1209 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Nice post Saaz ..*Looks innocently at saaz,I started reading that SS but it is long already 3  parts ,it will take time :(*  Liked reading evryones POV..and like all of you my answer is Yes too :)

Heres my two cents ...infact lot more from the length of it πŸ˜†

For last one month I wud say they had realized things had not worked and had brought serious changes ,the way the drama was unfolding with contract and Shaan-Rahuls *yeh le khaiyrat* ,focus on Khanak.But alas Karan was not well and they had reworked the track .Mujhe pata nahin of the logistics issue and how actually things work in terms of production or the actual issues they face isilye I am not saying on what could have been done .😳

At the same time I feel they have done a good job and evryones hard work showed ,to name a few "What Rubish!" ,"Apko dead",priye pati ,ghar chodne ki practice ,the "my bad" ,yesterdays Rahul nor the Khanaks talking to Shaans pic nor Shaan saying "I really miss u Khanak"πŸ‘πŸΌ...

But as Shaan is an integral part of this show and however entertaining the scenes are people would miss his take on the situation.But I am sure with Karan back and Shaan side being brought to story that part aleast would be compelete.But we would always feel the patch work done on the tracks but I dont allow it to bother me if I find something intresting..just my perspective.😊

In retrospect ,as you have made me think of old days .I know many of us are disappointed and I understand that.Just hope I am not hurting anyone here but I had few questions bothering me...*scrolls down ,says thode zyada hain *.πŸ˜ƒ

How many of us liked Dhulwadi episodes when it was aired and how many after catching up old story in YT?

The was an article in starone(?) which said the show had not done initially as Dhulwadi had not cliked with star one viewers.The chanel would always see profit and figures I guess at end of day ..its business for them.

Do we go back and see entire epiosde re-runs of old RBO episodes on YT or only ShaNak scenes ,I mean do we see the scene where Suraj's mom was crying over his dead body or the part where Natasha explains Shaan how difficult it is for Khanak who just lost her hubby or where Khanak and Gopi outsmarts Hetal?

When we watch the journey episodes how many see the repeat of the part where boo leaves house and Akki convinces her .Do we forward that or see coz we like those characters?

For me I when I watch re-runs I only see scenes what I liked and entire epis unless it had all my fav scenes .Evryone can guess which ones😳 ..On top of my mind  from recent ones,I saw rahul-shaans confrontation again and there ere some others too like Shaan and Khanak missing each other ...for us as well as them its first time they are being apart..😊...

I remember the old discussion days ,we so wanted Dhulwadi people,Madhvi,Boo,Tashu to leave Shaan and Khanak alone and wanted only epis dedicated to these twoπŸ˜ƒ..There were bloopers,problems and issues back then too.It was not picture perfect.But we were gripped by the love story and excitement on will Shaan-Khanak be together or it will go ekta way and Tashu marries him and ignored them.And now when we look back we liked all of those.😊

When I look back,I have switched chanels some times when Tashu was talking to Shaan or Boo-Madhvi and Tahsu talking  πŸ˜³πŸ˜† 

So in nutshell if its executed well and presented well in their own style and the scenes unfolds as a story than standing out as  disjoint scenes only  would like any  track telling their story.

I have full faith in the team   .Whatevr comes hope I enjoy that and they surprise us yet again  *Keeping finges,toes,hands and legs crossed*  

PS:Phew!!! I had writtern so much .Thanks for reading thru end if anyone did 😊
Edited by priya1209 - 13 years ago
-Deepali- thumbnail
Originally posted by: rooj-i

Interesting post Saaz...

Ok here is my take on this and it will be long. 

So you have asked can RBO revive? well in all honesty that question is going to remain a question because u can't really revive something that had an original story-line coz then it's just plain plagiarism. With that said, however, the days of originality have long left the planet but what is truly left now is our imagination living on something that has already been created. We create stories from other stories and within a story we try to give more stories and what becomes or should become a story is plain entertainment. Some stories become a success and actually have something to attract readers/audience/ watever but some actually struggle and struggle and never reach the audience like it should. 

I hope you are not bored by now and still reading. And not confused.πŸ˜†

Ok let's move on and leave my phatey jokes alone. lolπŸ˜†

So back to my take on this wonderful topic (Good job Saazy). RBO started off with a story that was already taken from another story, however for the channel and for the TV it was still different. How? it is still beyond me to explain but I guess the actors and their actings or the story-line or the characters attracted, it is always one of these cases or the other. 

Yes RBO started off with Shanak love story, like any love story. In the Godlen Days, I really wouldn't know them too well, but from what I saw the story was simple and revolved completely around Shanak, which is fine because it was needed. But even then, in my opinion, there were a lot of mistakes on some of direction, dialogues, tech issues and what not but still the story was good and the characters were able to attract audience. What happened after Shanak fell in love and confessed is something no one could really figure out because again, like many channels, StarOne made a mistake of stepping in and taking the matters into their hand. 

However I would argue that even if they had not stepped in or if there was no Rock On track, what would we be asking for? The true RBO was done and over with once the realization hit both leads. Yes I know there are endless possibilities to explore different stories that were left hanging but let me ask you, the essence of the show's story is mainly cute romance with as less of serious stuff as possible, right? So how would bringing in the Sunil-Madhavi divorce matter or stuff like Mr. Agerwal's revenge would make the story a light-hearted romantic story? In my opinion it would become another one of Ekta show. Don't get me wrong guys, I think Sunny track might bring the focus back to Shanak, but the true RBO story is done and over with.

The reasons why a lot of FF's here end quickly on a happy note is because we, as writers, have nothing to look forward to. We want to end it on a happy note because then we all know the reality and well if we bring in some issues or the other, it is never the same. I'm not taking any writers side but I do believe that we can't really bring the true spark, the true idea back to a story which has already ended on a good note. yes there are things still left to explore but for how long? I mean after Sunny track, what are we expecting? How will we keep the transition going and keep it to the true RBO style?

So, in my opinion RBO's true story is done and over with. I learned that method long time back. Some shows are successful to keep the suspense and the essence of the true story going but others are not able to take it forward. I believe that revival of true RBO is not something that should be questioned anymore. I think we should question whether we can really keep the story going and still keep the essence of its true story? Do i make sense here? 

For me RBO is now just entertainment, no matter how much I demand a good logical plot but in the end it is entertainment. And that is the trick of the mind we all need to learn and accept. 

If I had written the same RBO story then I would go about different ways on how to keep the story long and still keep the true colors of RBO.

Haila I see so many people coming after me now!πŸ˜† Agar Anna hai guys toh thoda soft pillow ya phir kuch aur leka anna, hard cheez nahi!🀣 main nazuk hoon Shaan ki tarah!🀣

Ok bad joke but hey needed to lighten the mood!

Again Saazy a good topic!

Rooj

@ saaaz  thanks for open good topic again πŸ‘
@rooj Awesome anaylisis but i think rbo revivel kar sakta hai abhi yeh over nahi hua hai agar isme rockon ke  jagah shanak per thoda jyada  dhyan diya jai.thodi story strong ho ,shaan khanak ki cute nok jhok,unki apas me srong bonding ho ,shaan thoda more responsible ho,shaan music ke sath sunil and akshy ka business me hath bataye,khanak ko thoda kichan se bahar nikale aur wo shaan ke kam me hath bataye,bahut sari chije hai agar cvs strongly dikaha chahea like shreya ne kaha hamare padosi serial me last 3-4 month se story koi khash nahi badhi hai bhir bhi vo trp me no1 hai because story strong hai.so we keep the serial long time if we give good story .If we can show murugan track or khushboo ke pyar me dewana duck so it is not possibel that rbo will be revivel.πŸ˜†
@ aditi,krishna,wooster,shreya,naveen ,priya ,teech and saaaz  all of do very nice postπŸ‘

Edited by Deepali88 - 13 years ago
SPN_JD_Addicted thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Saaz-great post

Aditee-loved your analysis.Would love to see some rootna,manana and of course Shantanu going all possessive and jealous.jealousy track might have been beaten to death but RBO is essentially about ShaNak,and in love all these emotions and actions are def possible!

The story needs to revolve again ShaNak again.If we've noticed till now every track and every character that was introduced was only for ShaNak to move forward.Since the ROCK ON track all they seem to talk and worry about is their friends and some random sweet moments,though good leaves a lot to be desired.

I am quite afraid to see an angry Shantanu esp after watching the promo though I would love to see some depth in ShaNak's relationship.If handled well this track could make  RBO better to a certain extent.

The things I would like to see happening

Khanak has to confide in Shantanu
Shantanu though jealous,should be able to support and understand Khanak.
As Aditee mentioned arguments,fights etc that in turn make them realise that they need each other

But the RBO of Dhulwadi,Mumbai,ILU track was unique.Don't see thta happening again.But if we get to see ShaNak then that's good for me.ShaNak means not just some romance but issues and hurdles and dealing with them together.

Did I say that I am afraid for Shantanu and afraid to watch tomorrow's episode?he looked damn happy and he is going to be devastated!!
Edited by SPN_JD_Addicted - 13 years ago
HKfan thumbnail
Saaz , I do think there may be a revival, or perhaps a partial one...but definitely i see some improvement!

Since the past two epis where khanak is helping Sam get back her love, I have enjoyed the change  in treatment Does anyone else see it too??? I really feel things did not jump from one place to  another disjointedly and there is a certain flow in the story now! Also I felt that the dialogues were better...maybe I was just watching it a bit more positively, but overall i think it had been handled well, direction and dialogues and a smoothness in story telling!

This gave me hope that so long as it is handled this way, if the track is worked on carefully  we just might see a vast improvement to wht has been happening in the past month!  I wonder if swapna mam directed theses epis?!

Also Sunny coming will give the story a fresh new romantic track for sure, based initially perhaps on a bit of jealousy, then a senese of secure love!I hope it will also help tie up loose ends , like- does Khanak still have strong attachment to Suraj or has Shaan now completely taken over his place in her life? things that  can be addressed thru this track!

Sam and Rahul may finally get married and if they stay on thereafter,serve some future purpose if it arises!

Maybe, Dhulwadi will come back into the story...off course the big question is HOW?? Yet, maybe Khanak wishes to revisit her hometown and shaan accompanies her there to resolve some problems arising in Suraj's family or her own!

I have hope honestly, as this track will certainly strengthen them,and I wud like to keep having hope, as hitches toh hote hi hain! I will only totally give up if Shaan and Khanak break up or it starts to get as unrealistic as some unmentionable shows! then i guess i'll pack up my tent and leave camp! till then holding on with all my grit! πŸ˜†
Edited by HKfan - 13 years ago
SPN_JD_Addicted thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Dhulwadi track would be great.A village,a clos-knit community,not enough time for ShaNak alone,Mangal and hetal again and the village head and the family of Suraj being hostile to Shantanu but slowly realising his worth and of course Shantanu in village attire and his grumblings and Khanak manofying him.Ahhhh,I am in dreamland lol.
-SYS- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The question seems to have been discussed in plenty detail here so I'll just counteract with another question that has been bouncing around in my mind for some time:

Isn't it sometimes better to finish something while its good rather than making a mess of it and then being forced to give it up because it fails badly as a result?
I mean wouldn't it have been better had RBO ended with ShaNak's union, before the disastrous Rock On track started?We would have been devastated but at least we would have had good memories only.I've always regretted the death of something good because people gave up their original vision and went along the flow, resulting in the destruction of something beautiful.This is what has happened with RBO.

I know you all are probably thinking I've lost my mind for even thinking this let alone saying it but to me these people and their story had become real and I mourn their loss.
roadsidejunkey thumbnail
[QUOTE aditee]Oh Heck with the understanding Rooj!
<font color="#0000ff">Some things in life demand a "guy's upper hand" you know what I mean</font>?πŸ˜‰

<font color="#ff0000">Iam tired of maturity, bhashans, matchmaking, strumming a cheap guitar, butting your nose in other people's marital or courtship problems, I am tired of sermonizing, preaching and behaving like 60 year olds
<font color="#0000ff">I demand this pair of 20 somethings to be behave like one, </font>

<font color="#0000ff">spontaneity, </font>

<font color="#0000ff">immaturity, </font>

<font color="#0000ff">flirtatiousness,</font>

<font color="#0000ff">laughter, </font>

<font color="#0000ff">arguing, </font>

<font color="#0000ff">kissing</font>

<font color="#0000ff">making up, </font>

<font color="#0000ff">making out for no reason, </font>

<font color="#0000ff">making out to solve every problem............ </font>

<font color="#0000ff">waking up in bed, </font>

<font color="#0000ff">sharing a coffee, </font>

<font color="#0000ff">eating out of a plate, </font>

<font color="#0000ff">him watching her wear make up or jewelry........... </font>

<font color="#0000ff">her watching him work, ............ </font>

<font color="#0000ff">both seraching for the other when they enter the house, </font>

<font color="#0000ff">Flirting at the dinner table</font>

<div><font color="#0000ff">Picking out a saree color for her</font>

<font color="#0000ff">Admiring mehandi on her hands</font>

<font color="#0000ff">Staying on a phone call despite not having anything to say to the other</font>

<font color="#0000ff">I want her waking up from bed awash in love</font>

<font color="#0000ff">I want him to catch her watching him and what ever follows follows............😳</font>

<font color="#0000ff">INCLUDING</font>

<font color="#0000ff">Cliched scenes like:</font>

[STRONG]<font color="#0000ff">Broken kara</font>

<font color="#0000ff">Tangled dupatta</font>

<font color="#0000ff">Dori tying</font>

<font color="#0000ff">Lipstick stains on a shirt</font>

[DIV][STRONG]<font color="#0000ff">Mangal sootra caught in his buttonFixing the clasp on her necklace
[DIV][STRONG]<font color="#0000ff">I want the life back in THIS breathtakingly beautiful SHANAK LOVE STORY!G]..kya pts hain aditee..luv luv al of dese picturised on dem..wid kt bein d king of romance on indian telly lately nd YM bein equally impressive...bt wid m feet firmly grounded its 2 much 2 ask 4 yaar...eithr v cud jst rope in Mira Nair or Deepa Mehta nd tel dem 2 direct it or gt Kt nd Ym married off 4 real nd den start a reality show!πŸ˜‰knw dat hv said more dan wat i am supposed 2..
aditee thumbnail
Thanks Deeps

I am still getting through posts from last nite

Many indicate one thing strongly
"Golden era is GONE"

Is there no way to bring it back with the existing set up?

The leads are the same
The parents
The K House
Sunny is back, albeit in a diff role
Dharam is around
They still have a successful business
AKKI and Boo are around

What will it take for some strong theme and great screen play is the question

Hope SWJ and CVs are thinking along those lines

I personally dont care for the 6 day a week idea

It has done NOTHING for the show except get the guy hospitalized!

rooj-i thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Deepali88

@ saaaz  thanks for open good topic again πŸ‘
@rooj Awesome anaylisis but i think rbo revivel kar sakta hai abhi yeh over nahi hua hai agar isme rockon ke  jagah shanak per thoda jyada  dhyan diya jai.thodi story strong ho ,shaan khanak ki cute nok jhok,unki apas me srong bonding ho ,shaan thoda more responsible ho,shaan music ke sath sunil and akshy ka business me hath bataye,khanak ko thoda kichan se bahar nikale aur wo shaan ke kam me hath bataye,bahut sari chije hai agar cvs strongly dikaha chahea like shreya ne kaha hamare padosi serial me last 3-4 month se story koi khash nahi badhi hai bhir bhi vo trp me no1 hai because story strong hai.so we keep the serial long time if we give good story .If we can show murugan track or khushboo ke pyar me dewana duck so it is not possibel that rbo will be revivel.πŸ˜†
@ aditi,krishna,wooster,shreya,naveen ,priya ,teech and saaaz  all of do very nice postπŸ‘

I think you missed my point Deepali...

I'm not saying that RBO can't go back to the shanak story but what I'm saying is that for me the true RBO track was done with once Shanak confessed love to each other. Now it's the new RBO that is taking place, meaning if Sunny enters then we will see new RBO ideas but the original one is done and over with. This is not a bad thing it's just a different thing.