Can RBO Truly Revive??? (Page 4)

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Rooj,
Dont worry too much about seeing ShaNak "ALL THE TIME"

The ISSUE NOW is "WHERE is ShaNak????????"CryCry

So will we get to a point where we see them making out ALL THE TIME?
It aint happening in this ZILA Odhani! In Shaan's wordsAngry
The population of this Odhani town is multiplying by 10s each monthAngry
So a ShaNak scene MIGHT happen once a week, that too only if we are super lucky!Angry

Edited by aditee - 09 January 2011 at 12:21am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

iluvmanarkubarerooj-i

IFsKhanak IF-Dazzler
IFsKhanak
IFsKhanak

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 12:23am | IP Logged
My answer to begin with would be YES it can.
Lets all remember we're talking about the same people who gave us what saaaz has listed in her opening post.

The channel may have taken over, but the creative minds are the same.
Whatever badluck we're facing, 6 day format, KT's illness might have led to the weak characterisation of new characters. 
Its been 1.5 months now and i think the damage is beyond repair, but i think the CVs have done a good job with bringing the old flavour back through a Suraj lookalike.

As things get better, KT completely recovers, maybe we'll see more of the "Golden RBO" tracks.
And by this i mean smart, meaningful tracks, not random shanak scenes to shut up the old, genuine fans who watch for the story, not a particular pair.
Those who LOVE the show, and not some characters.

I dont think a weak lovestory high on sensual scenes is a solution to TRPs. If it is, its a very sad one.

If i was a CV, i'd rather my show shut down than show such weak tracks. RBO has the greatest actors (KT, YM and the khandelwal family members), this is one strength they have over the whole industry.

They have used it very well until December. Why should 1 day addition change everything?
How can it kill the creativity? How can it change the essence?

How many of us have watched the WHOLE episode lately?
Even when KT was well, I was skipping one-two scenes daily.

What happened to OUR RBO?
The show we watched for the story, not a pair or an actor we liked.

My answer to saaaz's question would have been NO if we had lost the old actors, the old production team.

But we have the same people, the same producers, directors, actors, writers, why should  we lose hope?

Oh, i forgot to add:
The show losing on TRPs does not mean the SHOW has a problem. Maybe the viewers the channel has is the problem?
If the show had been on Colors, would it not have been more popular?
Maybe the viewers of Starone only want to see couples pushing, pulling, staring, touching or whatever it is.

We see advertisements for other shows 3 times in 30 minutes. How often do we see an RBO ad? Once a month that too in the show's own precap?

They set up a whole place to show a Hiten Kumar set to introduce Sunny, cant they make one to show dhulwadi?
This show has such potential, we randomly come up with such great ideas not even thinking about it, why cant the Creatives think of the same?

And what's with the channel ? Why is the channel so against it? Why are storyless touchy touchy eyelock shows given preference over this once-classy show?

Edited by IFsKhanak - 09 January 2011 at 12:58am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

garfield1209iluvmanarsaaaz.Dilwale.kubarerooj-ibones88

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by saaaz

Wooster your point on weaving.....

YOU NAILED IT....this is what I mean...why there is a potential here that whoever be on the Creative seat must fully explore the correct way in order to revive it...

end of the day....as a viewer...who does on come on this forum suppose...just a TRP holder...I dont know taht the channel has taken over and what have you...all I know is...damn am not interested in watching this...which means qualitatively it has died for me....BUT

if the creative team now sits down and says lets pick alll the shanak scenes that revolved around suraj and then create the storyline around that..>BANG!!!! you got me back....bring me connections, bring me that something something ... same way you brought me before...

I don't buy the notion that as soon as couple accept love there is nothing to say...there is a whole genre of storytelling of post marrriage love..,,..hell I am writing a bloddy below average SS on it...and our leads are young....which means a professional writer cannot be that closed or for that matter a channel in the entertainment business cannot be that 'prejudiced'....

As long as we as viewers do not demand quality we will not get it.....I mean we can all continue to rant that nothing will change and we need to shift expectations and my answer will always be...WHY NOT? and WHY? respectively.
ClapClapClapClap

WELL SAID!!!

Your FF is CLASSY BTW! So a lil correction thereWink

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

iluvmanarIFsKhanakkubarerooj-i

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 12:28am | IP Logged

Teech,

FANTASTIC!

Yep I cant recall the last time I saw the whole 22 minutes of it

Yep, there was SO MUCH going for the original plot and characters, they were s---wed royally (Excuse me!)
Now we are having to make do with what is being dished out!

The RETURN of ONE  OF THE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS, Sooraj/Sunny is giving us all SO MUCH HOPE!

Dont THEY SEE it?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

woosterIFsKhanakkubarerooj-i

rooj-i IF-Sizzlerz
rooj-i
rooj-i

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 12:36am | IP Logged
@ Aditee:

i know we are struggling with where are shanak but that will recover soon, i hope but v also need to keep certain things i mind such as well being of actors. yes the demand is high but we don't want it to come at someone else's expense...

but yes even i demand for a good shanak scene tho but not at the expense of loosing our beloved actors

@ Teech superb post!!! I agree to it completely!

@ Saaz: I didn't say that after love confession, there is no story, there is story but u asked can we revive the original RBO and i said we can't because the original RBO is done and over with. however RBO is moving on and yes we should have a decent story-line or plot to it tho. we are hungry and thirsty audience and we demand it too

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kubare

kubare IF-Sizzlerz
kubare
kubare

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 12:40am | IP Logged

Saaz darling lovey post and very good question in deed...will be back with my POV soon...little ones calling..so mother duty on..

Aditee & Wooster....awww.....loved lovwed what you both wrote and Naveen you said it dear..the show is about Shanak...whats holding us still glued to this show is Shanak....and what all that Aditee and Wooster have written I too soo want to see happen between them...as for cliched scenes...have only this to say...even cliched scenes look new when KT&YM perform them...they donot make it look cheap or vulgar at all...they are such adorable that in every scene of theirs they bring that innocence , cuteness and adorablility along.

Saaz...the show was on a way t revival...or more aptly restoration really from the time we all again sat up and noticed that there was improvement in the technical department eg dialogues , screenplay, story, focus back n Shanak..instead of just Shaan and his friends etc...but  with his getting sick...we went down hill again...there was mayheam and a landslide....with CV's panicking..as what to do...we know the result of that nah...LOLLOLLOL

Now with this track....we truly have a chance again of bringing back the essence of the show back...is it possible to revive the Golden Era...nah...as I have said once before in CC....what once is broken can only be repaired ...and restored but the crack will remain and what we will have in front of us is an ammulgimation of the old with new...thus the CV's need to do is build on it and give us something good too savour and love , like etc....just as they made us go gaga over the old...

Am hoping to see....that again....and with SWJ back there is hope...

Its hope that has all of us still watching and waiting...its hope that has us glued to this show...and I have this feeling that..we are on our way to something good indeed...

woostergarfield1209saaazAshi22.Dilwale.rooj-ibones88

kubare IF-Sizzlerz
kubare
kubare

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 12:48am | IP Logged
@Teech ....loved all that you wrote...thats what we all are hoping for too...that we get back that old Quality back in the show.....

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

IFsKhanakrooj-ibones88

garfield1209 Goldie
garfield1209
garfield1209

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 1:56am | IP Logged

Nice post Saaz ..*Looks innocently at saaz,I started reading that SS but it is long already 3  parts ,it will take time :(*  Liked reading evryones POV..and like all of you my answer is Yes too :)

Heres my two cents ...infact lot more from the length of it LOL

For last one month I wud say they had realized things had not worked and had brought serious changes ,the way the drama was unfolding with contract and Shaan-Rahuls *yeh le khaiyrat* ,focus on Khanak.But alas Karan was not well and they had reworked the track .Mujhe pata nahin of the logistics issue and how actually things work in terms of production or the actual issues they face isilye I am not saying on what could have been done .Embarrassed

At the same time I feel they have done a good job and evryones hard work showed ,to name a few "What Rubish!" ,"Apko dead",priye pati ,ghar chodne ki practice ,the "my bad" ,yesterdays Rahul nor the Khanaks talking to Shaans pic nor Shaan saying "I really miss u Khanak"Thumbs Up...

But as Shaan is an integral part of this show and however entertaining the scenes are people would miss his take on the situation.But I am sure with Karan back and Shaan side being brought to story that part aleast would be compelete.But we would always feel the patch work done on the tracks but I dont allow it to bother me if I find something intresting..just my perspective.Smile

In retrospect ,as you have made me think of old days .I know many of us are disappointed and I understand that.Just hope I am not hurting anyone here but I had few questions bothering me...*scrolls down ,says thode zyada hain *.Big smile

How many of us liked Dhulwadi episodes when it was aired and how many after catching up old story in YT?

The was an article in starone(?) which said the show had not done initially as Dhulwadi had not cliked with star one viewers.The chanel would always see profit and figures I guess at end of day ..its business for them.

Do we go back and see entire epiosde re-runs of old RBO episodes on YT or only ShaNak scenes ,I mean do we see the scene where Suraj's mom was crying over his dead body or the part where Natasha explains Shaan how difficult it is for Khanak who just lost her hubby or where Khanak and Gopi outsmarts Hetal?

When we watch the journey episodes how many see the repeat of the part where boo leaves house and Akki convinces her .Do we forward that or see coz we like those characters?

For me I when I watch re-runs I only see scenes what I liked and entire epis unless it had all my fav scenes .Evryone can guess which onesEmbarrassed ..On top of my mind  from recent ones,I saw rahul-shaans confrontation again and there ere some others too like Shaan and Khanak missing each other ...for us as well as them its first time they are being apart..Smile...

I remember the old discussion days ,we so wanted Dhulwadi people,Madhvi,Boo,Tashu to leave Shaan and Khanak alone and wanted only epis dedicated to these twoBig smile..There were bloopers,problems and issues back then too.It was not picture perfect.But we were gripped by the love story and excitement on will Shaan-Khanak be together or it will go ekta way and Tashu marries him and ignored them.And now when we look back we liked all of those.Smile

When I look back,I have switched chanels some times when Tashu was talking to Shaan or Boo-Madhvi and Tahsu talking  EmbarrassedLOL 

So in nutshell if its executed well and presented well in their own style and the scenes unfolds as a story than standing out as  disjoint scenes only  would like any  track telling their story.

I have full faith in the team   .Whatevr comes hope I enjoy that and they surprise us yet again  *Keeping finges,toes,hands and legs crossed*  

PS:Phew!!! I had writtern so much .Thanks for reading thru end if anyone did Smile

Edited by priya1209 - 09 January 2011 at 2:16am

IFsKhanaksaaazAshi22The_May_Rose.Dilwale.kubarebones88

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index