AnJun(Annie and Arjun) - Take a Chance on Me!!

-RushTrip- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

First time i am writing about Arjun and Annie. I know not many like them but i feel they have tremendous potential to be a pair that we can fall in love with just like Maaneet..
Would you take a chance?

Take a Chance on me

He had told her that she would only get difficulties should she entangle herself in his life. He seemed to be facing the dilemma that pulled him in two different directions. He one minute wanted her, to hold her and the next minute she was part of the family that had given his sister so much angst that she had tried to commit suicide.

He had walked away from her but he felt a part of him was left behind with her. He itched to look back and see her face once more, he knew it was not for the last time as he had this wedding to take care of but he definitely wanted to stay away lest his control breaks.

He had dreamt of her last night and that was what had triggered his torment. The dream that had been too vivid and mirrored his deepest desires. He did not know a woman could affect him to this extent. He did not know that his mission would get derailed by a woman with eyes that were searching and blameless. He had started feeling contrite having to use her as a pawn in his machinations. He was feeling the guilt that his reason for coming was now not important enough and he had started entrenching himself into the household more and more and today he even become part of the skit, song and dance. This was not what he had wanted to do, this was to be used but she was like a magnet to his north pole.

He was not a coward but the dream had shaken him up. He has seen her in a filmy chiffon dress that billowed with the breeze as she had stood looking out the window, with her hair down. He had gone up to her and asked her, "What are you thinking?"

She had replied, "Thinking, no I am dreaming of what my own wedding will look like. You are a wedding planner, how are you going to plan my wedding?"

"Plan your wedding? Why would I be planning your wedding?" he had asked in confusion.

She had said, "You are the best, who else would do it? What colors would you use, what setting?"

He had then turned her and pulled her close to him as he had gritted between teeth, "Are you trying to play with me? I am not going to plan your wedding."

She had then looked at him enchantingly and tilted her head and asked shyly, "Why?" Though her eyes were letting him know what the answer was, she seemed to be enjoying goading him.

He had then looked deeply into her eyes and admitted, "Because you will be marrying me." And he had kissed her.

That is when he had woken up with a jolt and forehead beaded with sweat. He had thrown the sheet off of him and gone to his gym to work out the frustration but every move only increased his need for her. Every sweat line that rolled down his body,  felt like her finger tracing him and that increased his vexation even more.

He had gone to the house with the plan of only doing what was necessary but he had been pulled into the very vortex and he knew he was fighting a losing battle.

The sangeet had even shown him a mirror where any other man, who touched Annie, even for a dance, was abhorrent to him. He did not know he had it in him to sing and dance in this manner. He had engaged himself in the fun and frolic with an enthusiasm that belied his anathema towards this family.

She had then asked him straight and he had told her to follow her heart but he had no such liberty. He had a war within him that told him one thing and his purpose for being here was something else. He was walking away from her but his heart it seemed had come to a halt and he was going to do his damnedest to stay away from her.

She had seen him walk away and knew what she had wanted to do. She had wanted to run to him, hug him from behind and plead to him to not leave. So, whoever said things were easy, everything was complicated. But did that mean he had to walk away from her. She had seen his feelings in his eyes. She had seen it in the way he talked with her. She had known when he had pulled her close and spoken those words which went beyond acting or speaking a line from the script.

She had not wanted to feel these things for him. He was after all brother of the person who had wrought havoc on their family, but for once she was going to listen to what Geet had said and give him a chance. Life was but a chance. What was the use if one did not take a risk, a step towards something that made one feel good, made one feel alive?

She was young but not without a head. She had thrown his indecision in his face and challenged him to take a chance on life, see where it led them and see what was in store for them. Beyond this wedding, beyond this event, there was a life that may be awaited them with arms wide open and he gambled that away.

He came the next day to the house and Annie knew she had to talk to him and went up to him and said, "I have made up my mind and I have taken a decision that my heart is saying, dare you to listen to it Arjun."

"I don't have time right now, Annie, I shall speak to you later," he tried to evade but he had seen the determined look in her eyes and knew today he was looking at not the fun loving girl who was happily organizing her brother's wedding but a woman who was out to let her mind speak.

He knew he had to do something, so he turned to go, when he felt her hand on his arm and heard her say, "I did not think you were a coward, but I think you don't have the guts to take a chance on, not me but happiness."

He turned then to look at her but she had stormed off.

Take a chance on Me - ABBA

If you change your mind, I'm the first in line
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me
If you need me, let me know, gonna be around
If you've got no place to go, if you're feeling down
If you're all alone when the pretty birds have flown
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me
Gonna do my very best and it ain't no lie
If you put me to the test, if you let me try

Take a chance on me
(that's all I ask of you honey)
Take a chance on me

We can go dancing, we can go walking, as long as we're together
Listen to some music, maybe just talking, get to know you better
'cos you know I've got
So much that I wanna do, when I dream I'm alone with you
It's magic
You want me to leave it there, afraid of a love affair
But I think you know
That I can't let go

Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me

Take a chance on me
(come on, give me a break will you? )
Take a chance on me

Oh you can take your time baby, I'm in no hurry, know I'm gonna get you
You don't wanna hurt me, baby don't worry, I ain't gonna let you
Let me tell you now
My love is strong enough to last when things are rough
It's magic
You say that I waste my time but I can't get you off my mind
No I can't let go
'cos I love you so

Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me
Gonna do my very best, baby can't you see
Gotta put me to the test, take a chance on me
(take a chance, take a chance, take a chance on me)

Ba ba ba ba baa, ba ba ba ba baa
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me

Ba ba ba ba baa, ba ba ba ba baa ba-ba
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me

Edited by -RushTrip- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minga thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -RushTrip-

First time i am writing about Arjun and Annie. I know not many like them but i feel they have tremendous potential to be a pair that we can fall in love with just like Maaneet..
Would you take a chance?

Take a Chance on me

He had told her that she would only get difficulties should she entangle herself in his life. He seemed to be facing the dilemma that pulled him in two different directions. He one minute wanted her, to hold her and the next minute she was part of the family that had given his sister so much angst that she had tried to commit suicide.
He had walked away from her but he felt a part of him was left behind with her. He itched to look back and see her face once more, he knew it was not for the last time as he had this wedding to take care of but he definitely wanted to stay away lest his control breaks.
He had dreamt of her last night and that was what had triggered his torment. The dream that had been too vivid and mirrored his deepest desires. He did not know a woman could affect him to this extent. He did not know that his mission would get derailed by a woman with eyes that were searching and blameless. He had started feeling contrite having to use her as a pawn in his machinations. He was feeling the guilt that his reason for coming was now not important enough and he had started entrenching himself into the household more and more and today he even become part of the skit, song and dance. This was not what he had wanted to do, this was to be used but she was like a magnet to his north pole.
He was not a coward but the dream had shaken him up. He has seen her in a filmy chiffon dress that billowed with the breeze as she had stood looking out the window, with her hair down. He had gone up to her and asked her, "What are you thinking?"
She had replied, "Thinking, no I am dreaming of what my own wedding will look like. You are a wedding planner, how are you going to plan my wedding?"
"Plan your wedding? Why would I be planning your wedding?" he had asked in confusion.
She had said, "You are the best, who else would do it? What colors would you use, what setting?"
He had then turned her and pulled her close to him as he had gritted between teeth, "Are you trying to play with me? I am not going to plan your wedding."
She had then looked at him enchantingly and tilted her head and asked shyly, "Why?" Though her eyes were letting him know what the answer was, she seemed to be enjoying goading him.
He had then looked deeply into her eyes and admitted, "Because you will be marrying me." And he had kissed her.
That is when he had woken up with a jolt and forehead beaded with sweat. He had thrown the sheet off of him and gone to his gym to work out the frustration but every move only increased his need for her. Every sweat line that rolled down his body,  felt like her finger tracing him and that increased his vexation even more.
He had gone to the house with the plan of only doing what was necessary but he had been pulled into the very vortex and he knew he was fighting a losing battle.
The sangeet had even shown him a mirror where any other man, who touched Annie, even for a dance, was abhorrent to him. He did not know he had it in him to sing and dance in this manner. He had engaged himself in the fun and frolic with an enthusiasm that belied his anathema towards this family.
She had then asked him straight and he had told her to follow her heart but he had no such liberty. He had a war within him that told him one thing and his purpose for being here was something else. He was walking away from her but his heart it seemed had come to a halt and he was going to do his damnedest to stay away from her.
She had seen him walk away and knew what she had wanted to do. She had wanted to run to him, hug him from behind and plead to him to not leave. So, whoever said things were easy, everything was complicated. But did that mean he had to walk away from her. She had seen his feelings in his eyes. She had seen it in the way he talked with her. She had known when he had pulled her close and spoken those words which went beyond acting or speaking a line from the script.
She had not wanted to feel these things for him. He was after all brother of the person who had wrought havoc on their family, but for once she was going to listen to what Geet had said and give him a chance. Life was but a chance. What was the use if one did not take a risk, a step towards something that made one feel good, made one feel alive?
She was young but not without a head. She had thrown his indecision in his face and challenged him to take a chance on life, see where it led them and see what was in store for them. Beyond this wedding, beyond this event, there was a life that may be awaited them with arms wide open and he gambled that away.
He came the next day to the house and Annie knew she had to talk to him and went up to him and said, "I have made up my mind and I have taken a decision that my heart is saying, dare you to listen to it Arjun."
"I don't have time right now, Annie, I shall speak to you later," he tried to evade but he had seen the determined look in her eyes and knew today he was looking at not the fun loving girl who was happily organizing her brother's wedding but a woman who was out to let her mind speak.
He knew he had to do something, so he turned to go, when he felt her hand on his arm and heard her say, "I did not think you were a coward, but I think you don't have the guts to take a chance on, not me but happiness."
He turned then to look at her but she had stormed off.
Take a chance on Me - ABBA
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me

Take a chance on me
(that's all I ask of you honey)
Take a chance on me

We can go dancing, we can go walking, as long as we're together
Listen to some music, maybe just talking, get to know you better
'cos you know I've got
So much that I wanna do, when I dream I'm alone with you
It's magic
You want me to leave it there, afraid of a love affair
But I think you know
That I can't let go

Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me

Take a chance on me
(come on, give me a break will you? )
Take a chance on me

Oh you can take your time baby, I'm in no hurry, know I'm gonna get you
You don't wanna hurt me, baby don't worry, I ain't gonna let you
Let me tell you now
My love is strong enough to last when things are rough
It's magic
You say that I waste my time but I can't get you off my mind
No I can't let go
'cos I love you so

Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me

Ba ba ba ba baa, ba ba ba ba baa
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me

Ba ba ba ba baa, ba ba ba ba baa ba-ba
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me

that was so good and your writing skills so good n i love annie and arjun
-RushTrip- thumbnail
Thanks Minga..

it is something...i tried out..glad you like it
spln thumbnail
haven't followed the show in god knows how long...but this made a wonderful read vrush - i have to admit i didn't care about reading the girl's pov so much, cause the boy was intriguing enough by himself - so i believe you when you say you're loving this arjun guy - it shows in the writing!

ps: i exceptionally like how some of the words fall so perfectly in place with description of an instance, as if the word were designed just for such! =))) so yeh, like, like, like!

pps: ABBA?! wow now! it took me back to a memory, part fond (for the real life people involved) and part freak melancholic (for the inanimate involved) ever watched the old (like old, early 90's i'd say) movie called Muriel's Wedding? (i think it maybe an australian production, at least its based in there, i can't remember the credit details to be honest) ... and not that i'm recommending it as such - but its just one of those movies you watch and never forget... just the plain weird and strangely disturbing kind... ABBA always reminds me of it... oh well!
-RushTrip- thumbnail
Originally posted by: spln

haven't followed the show in god knows how long...but this made a wonderful read vrush - i have to admit i didn't care about reading the girl's pov so much, cause the boy was intriguing enough by himself - so i believe you when you say you're loving this arjun guy - it shows in the writing!

ps: i exceptionally like how some of the words fall so perfectly in place with description of an instance, as if the word were designed just for such! =))) so yeh, like, like, like!

pps: ABBA?! wow now! it took me back to a memory, part fond (for the real life people involved) and part freak melancholic (for the inanimate involved) ever watched the old (like old, early 90's i'd say) movie called Muriel's Wedding? (i think it maybe an australian production, at least its based in there, i can't remember the credit details to be honest) ... and not that i'm recommending it as such - but its just one of those movies you watch and never forget... just the plain weird and strangely disturbing kind... ABBA always reminds me of it... oh well!

thanks NJ,

and yeah..ABBA is nostalgic...i have seen Muriel's wedding...

maankigeet4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i honestly like them as a couple..i think they can be a awesome pair...written really well :) thanks for it :) 
-RushTrip- thumbnail
thanks so much maankigeet4ever

i try...
Infinitedreams thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
👏 Brilliant Vrushu, seriously too good, but tell you honestly every time Nikunj face comes in between and spoiled the essence, but you did brilliant job, and you actually made the life of them by writing this...

Lottery nikal gaiee Anwesha aur Arjun ki, jai ho mata ji👏....

Muniza 
-RushTrip- thumbnail
Originally posted by: muniza75

👏 Brilliant Vrushu, seriously too good, but tell you honestly every time Nikunj face comes in between and spoiled the essence, but you did brilliant job, and you actually made the life of them by writing this...

Lottery nikal gaiee Anwesha aur Arjun ki, jai ho mata ji👏....

Muniza 

Hai...!!

mein mar jaawaa...but mujhe mataji kyon banaya?

ye toh mera ek chota sa nazrana hai...aur...mein thora...kuch bolti hoon...thora kuch likhke batati hoon..

i try to say one thing and then..try and say another with it as well!
Infinitedreams thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: -RushTrip-

Hai...!!

mein mar jaawaa...but mujhe mataji kyon banaya?

ye toh mera ek chota sa nazrana hai...aur...mein thora...kuch bolti hoon...thora kuch likhke batati hoon..

i try to say one thing and then..try and say another with it as well!

Nazrana kissi ke pyaar ka
hoon deewana kissi ki likhai ka 

Aise nazrane roz diya karo toh kya baat hai...

Acha ji mata ji wapas liya....

Muniza