ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Kiran loves Salman

Kiran Rao loves and respects Aamir Khan as a person and actor but she is a huge fan of Salman Khan. That is why she has paid a tribute to Salman Khan in Dhobi Ghaat. However, the actor she really wants to direct will come as a surprise to many.

"I am a huge Salman Khan fan. Recently, I loved Dabangg as it was good commercial fare. The character of Prateik in Dhobi Ghaat is called Munna and he is a huge Bollywood fan. He is particularly fond of Salman Khan, like so many others in the country," she says.

"The best thing about Salman Khan is that people of all ages and across all sections of society love and idolize him. So Munna wears the blue bracelet like Salman does and he is also into body building. His room has pictures and posters of Salman Khan, Aishwarya's eyes, and Katrina Kaif. At that time, Salman and Katrina were together," adds Kiran.

Salman could have made a special appearance in the movie. "When I was writing the film, in the initial drafts, there was a scene where Munna meets Salman in his van for a few minutes and takes his blessings and advice. I was going to request Salman to do it but eventually we dropped the scene because it did not fit in with the flow of the film," she informs.

So does she want to direct Salman? "I would like to but one actor I really want to direct is Deepak Dobriyal," she states frankly.

For those not in the know, Deepak Dobriyal is a Vishal Bhardwaj discovery. He is an acclaimed actor who is known for his roles in Maqbool, Omkara, 1971, Delhi-6, Daayen Ya Baayen, and Gulaal. People expected him to play the role of Mikhail, the coke-addict gambler who is also Charlie's best friend in Kaminey but newcomer Chandan Roy Sanyal essayed that role to perfection. Deepak must be flattered to hear that Kiran wants to work with him.

Dhobi Ghaat releases on January 21, 2011 in English and Hindi.

Link http://www.starboxoffice.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2011/January/News_20110108_3
Edited by Salmanayesha - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Xiahtic-5 thumbnail
Who doesn't love Salman everyone does
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I Love Salman😛 
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: tzahra

Who doesn't love Salman everyone does

no... not everyone loves him >.< ahaha

but i can see why a lot of people do. he has been beyond iconic for Bollywood for as long as he's been in the industry
Hunk101 thumbnail
Salman is such a great Superstar, he's awesome & my favourite:)
So will Aamir love Kat ? Just asking.
MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: psychoboblehead

So will Aamir love Kat ? Just asking.

No Kat love Aamir and she want to romance with Aamir