MKAP from another perspective

Posted: 13 years ago
After the extremely critical attitude on the forums for the last month by majority of the forum members, including myself πŸ˜†, I now have this thought that perhaps we all influence each others ideas regarding the characters. Perhaps we get so convinced of each others thoughts that we change our thinking as well. Example: Maybe, just maybe, we might have had a different opinion of Arushi if we didnt visit this forum so often?

Could this be a reason why the CVs dont consider our opinion? We've been cribbing for months about the way the story is going and what we want to see, but nothing seems to be going as we want. The CVs dont consider our opinion probably coz they think we are a minority who have each influenced each other to be critical of Arushi and the Saxenas while the rest of the world thinks otherwise.

So I'd like to hear it from someone elses point of view. I personally dont know anyone else who watches the show but if any of you know someone who watches the show but doesnt visit these forums, like your mom or someone, please tell me what they think?

Do they think Arushi is right and should be forgiven so easily by Saxenas? Do they support some sort of punishment for Arushi like we forum-ites want? Do they think Prats is a haalat-ki-mari or that she is using Krishna for her purpose? Does the world love the chemistry between the Thakurs as much as we do?

I'd really like to know if we are or arent representative of MKAP viewers. It hurts me to see that the CVs totally overlook us and our posts while deciding on future tracks, while all we are trying to do is help them πŸ˜”
Hello Elle,

I usually post threads regrading women's rights and social issue. I know ppl in the star plus forum whose opinion about Aarushi and the bigamy track is the same as this forum. But they are not that critical about Prats behavior in the other forum. I have noticed that on the contrary this forum is very negative about her behavior towards krishna which personally I find quiet pleasant keeping all the circumstances in mind. We have to understand that Prats could always ask krishna to walk out of the Niwas with her if she wants to.But she has never asked him nor does she ever bad mouths about his parents to him. Krishna would not think a second long and walk out with her. We have to understand that she stays there after all the humiliation ( face blakening) and taunts because she knows he has a bond with his family.I think the Star plus forum is more Prats oriented and this forum is more Krishna.

I do not like any of the Thakur characters because I do like anything associated with evil and violence. I avoid watching their scenes or any thread on them.

Thanks

Anu

Hi Elle, Y'day there was this Indya.com article about the impending battle between good read Saxenas and bad, read the Thakurs. In that thread I have expressed similar views. If possible please read that because I am also desperately looking for answers.

[QUOTE=anusarkar]Hello Elle,

I usually post threads regrading women's rights and social issue. I know ppl in the star plus forum whose opinion about Aarushi and the bigamy track is the same as this forum. But they are not that critical about Prats behavior in the other forum. I have noticed that on the contrary this forum is very negative about her behavior towards krishna which personally I find quiet pleasant keeping all the circumstances in mind. We have to understand that Prats could always ask krishna to walk out of the Niwas with her if she wants to.But she has never asked him nor does she ever bad mouths about his parents to him. Krishna would not think a second long and walk out with her. We have to understand that she stays there after all the humiliation ( face blakening) and taunts because she knows he has a bond with his family.I think the Star plus forum is more Prats oriented and this forum is more Krishna.

I do not like any of the Thakur characters because I do like anything associated with evil and violence. I avoid watching their scenes or any thread on them.

Thanks

Anu

I agree with you. My problem with P is actually very personal and subjective. I have no qualms in saying it to friends. Even in real life, I am not too fond of pple who come across as cold and mechanical. As a character or as a personality she lacks warmth. That's the reason of my bias against her. Mea culpa!
Hi Elle
Love your post!
People I know who use to watch the show stopped watching because they couldn't understand the dialect . My mom
watches it from time to time but doesn't like the Arushi track.
I guess our experiences reflect our views on particular characters so.......... no correct answer.
As for A punishment I think we would all like to see her in jail.
What I don't understand is the anger people are feeling about A getting off scot-free. When we don't yet know how the track will proceed or for ghat matter how it will end. Why don't we wait and see what happens and then if we don't like it ......... complain. All the hullabaloo before the fact. If A and KN don't receive proper punishment then let the cvs have an earful.
Originally posted by Mili97

<font size="3">Hi Elle, Y'day there was this Indya.com article about the impending battle between good read Saxenas and bad, read the Thakurs. In that thread I have expressed similar views. If possible please read that because I am also desperately looking for answers.</font>

Oh Mili! I read your post and it totally echoed my thoughts. I actually wanted to write there only instead of a new thread but I had to go for a while and when I came back, I just couldnt find your post and so I made a new thread :(

I am also worried now. For me, the show is fast becoming like just 'any other show'. We visit and discuss on these forums not just to interact with everyone but also to get our msg across to the CVs.

We know that most actors visit india forums because they say so when they give interviews. Pooja Gor especially has said this plus Ive seen genuine posts from other actors as well on other forums. I do think they must try to forward our msgs but they are also bound by the producers wish. After all, they are just the actors, and creative input is not taken from them.
I dont know whether any CVs visit this forum, but I assume they do, because as far as I've seen, this is the most active forum of MKAP around, and everyone needs feedback from somewhere.

However, now I'm of the opinion that we ppl here are considered as minority, like you stated in your post, and CVs dont bother following our suggestions. Our watching the show or not doesnt really affect their TRPs and so they dont care.

Thats why I'd like a third person perspective. Who knows, majority of the world may be crying buckets thinking of all the 'injustice' done to Arushi?
Originally posted by anusarkar

Hello Elle,

I usually post threads regrading women's rights and social issue. I know ppl in the star plus forum whose opinion about Aarushi and the bigamy trackis the same as this forum. But they are not that critical about Prats behavior in the other forum.I have noticed that on the contrary this forum is very negative about her behavior towards krishna which personally I find quiet pleasant keeping all the circumstances in mind. We have to understand that Prats could always ask krishna to walk out of the Niwas with herif she wants to.But she has never asked him nor does she ever bad mouths about his parents to him. Krishna would not think a second longand walk out with her. We have to understand that she stays there after all the humiliation ( face blakening) and taunts because she knows he has a bond with his family.I think theStar plus forum is more Prats oriented and this forum is more Krishna.

Thanks

Anu

I've read a lot of your posts highlighting the legal aspects of the current track, and I really do appreciate all your efforts. But again, no one seems to be listening.

So we do change our opinion based on each others opinions 😊 That could be why we are overlooked.

And you know, the CVs may actually be right in ignoring our posts, though I'm sad to say it. In the end its all about TRPs, and even when we are most angry on this forum, the TRPs are still high.
Originally posted by yummimommy

Hi Elle
Love your post!
People I know who use to watch the show stopped watching because they couldn't understand the dialect . My mom
watches it from time to time but doesn't like the Arushi track.
I guess our experiences reflect our views on particular characters so.......... no correct answer.
As for A punishment I think we would all like to see her in jail.
What I don't understand is the anger people are feeling about A getting off scot-free. When we don't yet know how the track will proceed or for ghat matter how it will end. Why don't we wait and see what happens and then if we don't like it ......... complain. All the hullabaloo before the fact. If A and KN don't receive proper punishment then let the cvs have an earful.

Thanks YM! πŸ˜ƒ Good, your mom agrees with most ppl from these forums, means we're not very different from the general population.

πŸ˜† Actually, I am also one of the ppl who are angry at Arushi getting off scot-free. I know we may be reacting prematurely... But we've seen enough tracks of MKAP going so predictably that we just know where this track is heading. Glorification of Saxes at the cost of the Thakurs. So we started being angry in advanceπŸ˜†
Originally posted by elle45

Thanks YM! πŸ˜ƒ Good, your mom agrees with most ppl from these forums, means we're not very different from the general population.

πŸ˜† Actually, I am also one of the ppl who are angry at Arushi getting off scot-free. I know we may be reacting prematurely... But we've seen enough tracks of MKAP going so predictably that we just know where this track is heading. Glorification of Saxes at the cost of the Thakurs. So we started being angry in advanceπŸ˜†

Actually I don't think either party will get punished because of Jaswant's popularity. I just don't think they should have started a track that they weren't brave enough to finish like KN raping Kesar what was the purpose if he doesn't get punished for it instead he'll get rewarded when she becomes pregnant. Pointless!
BTW I hate A and Sax and I too like the chemistry between the Thakurs.Edited by yummimommy - 13 years ago
Originally posted by elle45

After the extremely critical attitude on the forums for the last month by majority of the forum members, including myself πŸ˜†, I now have this thought that perhaps we all influence each others ideas regarding the characters. Perhaps we get so convinced of each others thoughts that we change our thinking as well. Example: Maybe, just maybe, we might have had a different opinion of Arushi if we didnt visit this forum so often?

Could this be a reason why the CVs dont consider our opinion? We've been cribbing for months about the way the story is going and what we want to see, but nothing seems to be going as we want. The CVs dont consider our opinion probably coz they think we are a minority who have each influenced each other to be critical of Arushi and the Saxenas while the rest of the world thinks otherwise.

So I'd like to hear it from someone elses point of view. I personally dont know anyone else who watches the show but if any of you know someone who watches the show but doesnt visit these forums, like your mom or someone, please tell me what they think?

Do they think Arushi is right and should be forgiven so easily by Saxenas? Do they support some sort of punishment for Arushi like we forum-ites want? Do they think Prats is a haalat-ki-mari or that she is using Krishna for her purpose? Does the world love the chemistry between the Thakurs as much as we do?

I'd really like to know if we are or arent representative of MKAP viewers. It hurts me to see that the CVs totally overlook us and our posts while deciding on future tracks, while all we are trying to do is help them πŸ˜”

Hi Elle!!!

My mum watch this show too, and she doesn't like this Aarushi track, some of the things she said are quiet similar  to other viewers in this forum. Scarry, so i come to this conclusion majority of the viewers can't be wrong  all the time.
Shamu, in my book is a feeble father...my guesses are he never thought his children of all people will behaved in such a manner as his. one thing I applaud him for, he know the mistake Aarushi, did, But the way he is dealt with it is very poor. when she went home back, i expected him to accepted her back, she is a girl child, where will she go, but he, his wife and mother, have failed miserably they are all acting as if she didn't committed a crime. I expected him to lay down some strong  rules, punishment ect.

The message in aarushi track is wrong, ( well i don't have my way let me destroy and be disrespectful  other people, disobey my family, my family will accept me back and he did).