Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

*~*~*Shanghai Fanclub~*'* (Page 3)

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Zareena

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolchick

Sheesh there are too many words!

So since Abhay's a natural he's not going to get married? Couldn't he just say that he doesn't believe in the institution of marriage?LOL

haha! My same thoughts!! Preeti must be so happy, as i heard she wants to enter bollywood and what more does she want? her own man doesn't want any marriageROFL

koolchick

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 4:54pm | IP Logged
OLD article

Odd couple Sonam-Abhay redux

By: Tushar Joshi   Date:  2010-09-16   Place: Mumbai

The Sonam Kapoor-Abhay Deol jodi finds another taker. Dibakar Banerjee has cast the two in his next, Shanghai

Sonam Kapoor and Abhay Deol might well make their second coming in Dibakar Banerjee's next titled Shanghai.

While casting for the film is still on, well-placed sources inform us that that the Love Sex Dhokha (LSD) director has locked in the Aisha jodi as his lead pair. The two will be seen romancing each other in the political thriller despite having creative differences in their first film together.

Abhay was the director's first choice. The two had worked together on Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! and share a great camaraderie. Reveals a source, "Apart from having a great work equation, the two are also good friends off the set."

Shanghai is a thriller that follows a particular incident that happens in Abhay's character's life and its repercussions on everyone around him."

The lukewarm response to Aisha didn't stop Dibakar from considering Abhay and Sonam as his lead pair. The source says, "Even though that film didn't work, it hasn't stopped film makers from approaching the two as leads for future projects", adding, "Dibakar has spent the last nine months working on the concept and ideation for the film. Unlike his previous films, this one will have violence as the core theme."

However, when contacted, Dibakar denied he has cast Abhay and Sonam as the leads.

Anil's in it, too?
Sources reveal that Anil Kapoor has been approached to play a negative role in Dibakar's film. Even though details are sketchy, it is learnt that Anil is quite excited with the subject offered. If he agrees to do the film, it would be the first time the father-daughter duo will appear in the same project. In the past, Anil and Sonam have been offered numerous offers, but have consciously avoided being cast together. Most of the roles were father-daughter characters, but since Shanghai offers Anil the chance to play a dark character, he showed immediate interest.

An adaptation
The film is being written by Urmi Juvekar and Dibakar himself and is a contemporary adaptation of the 1960 book titled 'Z', by Greek author Vassilis Vassilikos. Co-produced by PVR Pictures, Shanghai will go on floors by March 2010.

ElusiveDevotion IF-Dazzler
ElusiveDevotion
ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
Hey Zareena thanks for letting me know about this FC, won't be regular but will catch up on articles and stuff related to the movie. well, movie seems something different (esp. the female character description), never seen any of Dibakar's movies - I tried watching Oye lucky but fell asleep in the middle cuz not a huge fan of comedies personally and Delhi style of talking is complicated for me to understand. But yes, I started at Abhay as long as was possible cuz he's so Embarrassed.

What does it mean by he's a natural so he won't get married? Matlab? ConfusedLOL

Edited by VirgoVixen - 14 January 2011 at 5:22pm

Zareena

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by VirgoVixen

Hey Zareena thanks for letting me know about this FC, won't be regular but will catch up on articles and stuff related to the movie. well, movie seems something different (esp. the female character description), never seen any of Dibakar's movies - I tried watching Oye lucky but fell asleep in the middle cuz not a huge fan of comedies personally and Delhi style of talking is complicated for me to understand. But yes, I started at Abhay as long as was possible cuz he's so Embarrassed.

What does it mean by he's a natural so he won't get married? Matlab? ConfusedLOL

HEy VV thanks so much for joining the clubHugI know i am so eager to know who be playing the female lead..LOL i have no idea what he meant by natural comment. I sometimes feel Abhay thinks too much of himself when coming to relationship. He might had a heartbreak some time back and maybe of that he doesn't believe in marriage. But still he should respect it.
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Is there a deliberate attempt to revamp your image to increase the audience base? Let's face it; many would consider an Emraan Hashmi project risqu.

When I do a new and different film, people who like that genre come in to watch it. But along the way there are hits and flops. You've got to live with your choices without bothering about how many new people will come to see your film. I never saw myself doing a rom-com so it was a pleasant surprise to me when Madhur (Bhandarkar) ask me to be part of his film. As an actor, I try to break away from stereotypes and when I decided to get out of my comfort zone then who better than Madhur to make a romcom with a touch of realism? Yes, I do different films because I want to do them and I know a new set of people will come in to watch it. But there is no deliberate attempt to do that. In fact, in " Murder 2" I have a lot of bold scenes and in Dibakar Banerjee's next I play a man with a pot belly. Having said that, I would like to add that I do films for satisfaction and not money.

Edited by Zareena - 16 January 2011 at 11:55am
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
Abhay Deol wants to surprise audiences with every film
Press Trust of India
Sunday, January 16, 2011 (Mumbai)
Share this on Rediff.com SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print | A+   A-

Bollywood actor Abhay Deol, known for starring in unconventional films, says he loves experimenting with innovative and never-tried-form of cinema.

"As an actor I want to do something that has never been seen before.. I want to try the zone that has never been tried by anyone. I want to surprise my audience with every film," he told PTI.

The actor, who has acted in unconventional movies like Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd, Dev D, Manorama Six Feet Under, Ek Chaalis Ki Last Local and Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye intends to astonish the audience with Shanghai directed by Dibakar Banerjee, which goes on floors by March-April.

Abhay will be sharing screen with actor Emraan Hashmi in the political thriller, adapted from the book called 'Z' by Greek novelist Vassilis Vassilikos on the real-life assassination of a dynamic politician.

"The story dwells on how people are at the receiving end of politics. How the decisions taken by politicians affect a common man," the 34-year-old actor said.

"In this film I will be in a never seen character like before... it is a negative, cold, vicious character. We are still in the scripting process.

"Dibakar is one of the finest directors... I had the opportunity to work with in Oye Lucky.... I love the way he creates his own world through his scripts. He has a brilliant way of telling stories," Abhay said.

Abhay will next be seen in Zoya Akhtar's big budget multi-starrer Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara alongside Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar, Katrina Kaif and Kalki Koechlin.

Asked if he is now looking for commercially successful films, the actor said, "This is the first time I am doing a film with an ensemble cast, who are all in the big league. I do films that I like. For me all films are commercial. The moment we say the film is non-commercial it means it does not do any commerce. Everybody makes a film for it to do well commercially."
Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 4:20pm | IP Logged

Power Play

In his next film Shanghai, Dibakar Banerjee turns to Vassilis Vassilikos's book Z and prepares for a thrilling political chase

Every book, according to writer-director Dibakar Banerjee, has its own destiny. It will eventually come to you, and when it does, it turns into an inspiration. At least it did, for Dibakar. When celebrated Greek writer and diplomat Vassilis Vassilikos's political novel, Z, landed in Dibakar's hands, he simply couldn't put it down. Written in 1967, Z (Zei, which means 'He Lives' in Greek), is about the real-life assassination of a dynamic Greek politician Grigoris Lambraskis in 1963. It has been translated into 32 languages and was also made into an award-winning film in 1969 by Costa-Gavras.

After a long wait, an aged Vassilikos granted Dibakar and his co producer an audience in Athens. "Vassilis is a very private person, an intellect and academician, and getting to meet him was worth it. He was surprised, of course, to find that we were there to seek permission to make a film based on his book," recalls Banerjee. The film, titled Shanghai, hits the floors with two most unusual actors on board, Abhay Deol and Emraan Hashmi. The hunt for the female lead is on.

"I know the title is contradictory in nature, for the premise is a political thriller. I gave this title for it's the Shanghai of our dreams. We all think we are far from politics and corruption, but in reality, we are at the receiving end of it. There are people who have this exceptional degree of control over our lives and we are unconsciously running it according to them."

Go to top