Ahh you have an Anushka FC? I might join that too๐Ÿ˜‰
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Here is Shruti and Bitto fc

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1578423

Anushka Fc

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1250526

Also have on Abhay and Sonam and Student of the year..

I wonder who will be the leading lady!!
Zareena thumbnail
Content Removed

Rachana Dubey

Zareena thumbnail

Very Filmy

EXPRESS FEATURES SERVICE Tags : Dibakar Banerjee, Abhay Deol Posted: Fri Jan 14 2011, 23:32 hr

Stomach this

Emraan Hashmi has until now mostly been the maverick, cocky guy in all his films. But one can trust Dibakar Banerjee to flip a stereotype on it's head. The filmmaker has cast Emraan alongside Abhay Deol in his next film, Shanghai, and has asked the actor to pile on kilos and grow a paunch. Emraan, visibly excited to play the character, is naturally a tad skeptical about Dibakar's demand but has agreed to give up his six packs "for one big bag-pack".

Much luck

After running out of luck with the release and failure of the much-hyped Luck in 2009, Shruti Haasan is back on the big screen with Madhur Bhandarkar's Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji and can't stop gushing about the director and his first attempt at a light-hearted comedy. "Mr Bhandarakar has a great sense of humour," she says. Well, lady, looks like you haven't watched his previous works.

Zareena thumbnail

Emraan, Abhay all set for Shanghai

PTI, Jan 13, 2011, 11.48am IST
 Abhay Deol More Pics
Bollywood actors Abhay Deol and Emraan Hashmi are all set to share screen space for the first time in Dibakar Banerjee's upcoming political thriller 'Shanghai'.

The film, to be produced by PVR Pictures, is based on a 1966 book 'Z' by Greek novelist Vassilis Vassilikos about the real-life assassination of a dynamic politician and has been adapted to the Indian context.

Although Abhay has already worked with Dibakar in 'Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!', this the first time Emraan is going to star in his film. Emraan, with his serial kisser image in Bollywood, comes as an unlikely choice for Dibakar who is known for casting unconventional actors and new faces.

"I'm looking forward to breaking some presumptions with this film! I love the way some people stereotype the dark, kissy, negative Bond side of Emraan in his films.

"This film is going to see him go right into the heat and dust of a hellish Indian small town and its deadly politics. No leather jackets, suave bars and foreign locales. He's here, in love, on a broken down scooter, shooting sleazy videos and on the run for his life!" said Dibakar.

And the 'Love Sex aur Dhokha' director claims even Abhay will be presented in a never-seen-before avatar.

"Abhay has never been seen like this before - in a negative, cold, almost vicious character. Imagine Abhay being the establishment instead of fighting it.

"He looks at you through his glasses, wearing his stiff shirt and you wonder what's on his mind. Then you may be under arrest and you don't even know he did it! He is powerful, he represents the ruling class - and he doesn't forget an insult - ever," said Dibakar.

Kamal Gianchandani, President PVR Pictures, said, "Casting Emraan and Abhay in the film was a creative decision, but as a producer I am thrilled that it also will help in bringing audiences from across the spectrum."
Zareena thumbnail
Lucky to be in Shanghai
January 15, 2011   2:37:48 AM

Abhay Deol will be seen in a negative role for the first time in Dibakar Banerjee's upcoming release. The actor talks to Nanda Das on why he loves experimenting with his characters, marriage plans and equation with bros, Sunny and Bobby

It is never too easy to create a place for yourself when not one or two but three members of your family have made it big in the field you aim to be in. But Abhay Deol has managed doing it with immense ease and comfort. One of the major reasons behind the success of the 34-year-old has been picking up roles that have shades of his real life and not seeking any help from his uncle, Dharmendra and two brothers, Sunny and Bobby. In fact, the youngest Deol had once said in an interview that he entered the field of acting not because of his family background but due to the fact he had been involved in theatre since his schooldays.

So the career that took off with an average box office grosser Socha Na Tha opposite Ayesha Takia five years ago in which he was nominated for the Filmfare Best Male Debut Award to his latest release, Aisha, with Sonam Kapoor, Abhay has been always applauded for his acting skills. Not to forget some outstanding and unconventional movies like Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd, Dev D, Ek Chaalis Ki Last Local, Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! and Manorama Six Feet Under he chose to do during this period. Now he is ready to shoot for Dibakar Banerjee's upcoming movie titled Shanghai. "Dibakar is one of the finest directors I have had an opportunity to work with in Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! I consider myself lucky that he thought about me for his next project. He has a brilliant way of story-telling and I love the way he creates his own world through his scripts. As Dibakar has completed around 85 per cent script for Shanghai, I'm looking forward as to how the characters are shaping up," says Abhay.

The actor informs that the movie is a political thriller and an Indian adaptation of Greek writer Vassilis Vasilikos' novel Z which delves into the real-life assassination of a dynamic politician. "It will be for the first time that I'll be seen in a negative character," he adds. On how challenging does he feel the role to be, Abhay says, "I find each one of them equally demanding. As I've read a part of the script, I found my character looking at you through glasses, wearing a stiff shirt and you keep wondering as to what's on his mind. The next moment you could be behind bars without even realising that he was the man behind it. As for the preparations at my end, I've spoken to a few friends who resemble my characters in the movie," shares Abhay, adding that he feels his character of Satyaveer in Manorama Six Feet Under was the closest to his heart.

Will he ever like to share screen space with the Deols and he promptly replies, "I would love to but then I feel a bit shy to work with tauji and Sunny bhaiya as I'm a rank junior in front of them. However, I will be interested in doing a movie with Bobby as we share good chemistry," he says.

And what about marriage plans as he has been in a relationship with model Preeti Desai for a long time? "Not in the near future. I think marriages are a cultural phenomenon and till the time I'm a natural, I don't want to get married," he says.

--
Sheesh there are too many words!

So since Abhay's a natural he's not going to get married? Couldn't he just say that he doesn't believe in the institution of marriage?๐Ÿ˜†
Zareena thumbnail
Originally posted by: koolchick

Sheesh there are too many words!

So since Abhay's a natural he's not going to get married? Couldn't he just say that he doesn't believe in the institution of marriage?๐Ÿ˜†

haha! My same thoughts!! Preeti must be so happy, as i heard she wants to enter bollywood and what more does she want? her own man doesn't want any marriage๐Ÿคฃ
Zareena thumbnail
OLD article

Odd couple Sonam-Abhay redux

By: Tushar Joshi   Date:  2010-09-16   Place: Mumbai

The Sonam Kapoor-Abhay Deol jodi finds another taker. Dibakar Banerjee has cast the two in his next, Shanghai

Sonam Kapoor and Abhay Deol might well make their second coming in Dibakar Banerjee's next titled Shanghai.

While casting for the film is still on, well-placed sources inform us that that the Love Sex Dhokha (LSD) director has locked in the Aisha jodi as his lead pair. The two will be seen romancing each other in the political thriller despite having creative differences in their first film together.

Abhay was the director's first choice. The two had worked together on Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! and share a great camaraderie. Reveals a source, "Apart from having a great work equation, the two are also good friends off the set."

Shanghai is a thriller that follows a particular incident that happens in Abhay's character's life and its repercussions on everyone around him."

The lukewarm response to Aisha didn't stop Dibakar from considering Abhay and Sonam as his lead pair. The source says, "Even though that film didn't work, it hasn't stopped film makers from approaching the two as leads for future projects", adding, "Dibakar has spent the last nine months working on the concept and ideation for the film. Unlike his previous films, this one will have violence as the core theme."

However, when contacted, Dibakar denied he has cast Abhay and Sonam as the leads.

Anil's in it, too?
Sources reveal that Anil Kapoor has been approached to play a negative role in Dibakar's film. Even though details are sketchy, it is learnt that Anil is quite excited with the subject offered. If he agrees to do the film, it would be the first time the father-daughter duo will appear in the same project. In the past, Anil and Sonam have been offered numerous offers, but have consciously avoided being cast together. Most of the roles were father-daughter characters, but since Shanghai offers Anil the chance to play a dark character, he showed immediate interest.

An adaptation
The film is being written by Urmi Juvekar and Dibakar himself and is a contemporary adaptation of the 1960 book titled 'Z', by Greek author Vassilis Vassilikos. Co-produced by PVR Pictures, Shanghai will go on floors by March 2010.

wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hey Zareena thanks for letting me know about this FC, won't be regular but will catch up on articles and stuff related to the movie. well, movie seems something different (esp. the female character description), never seen any of Dibakar's movies - I tried watching Oye lucky but fell asleep in the middle cuz not a huge fan of comedies personally and Delhi style of talking is complicated for me to understand. But yes, I started at Abhay as long as was possible cuz he's so ๐Ÿ˜ณ.

What does it mean by he's a natural so he won't get married? Matlab? ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by VirgoVixen - 13 years ago