Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Do you enjoy multi-starrers and why?

Posted: 13 years ago
😊  So many multi-starrers have released over the years and become superhits while others bite the dust.  So many advantages come with a multi-starrer - you don't get blamed for a failure and everyone gets the credit, noone gets the liability of carrying a film on their shoulders, etc.  But the major disadvantage is that some stars could get wasted while others steal the show.  What is your favorite and least favorite multi-starrer over the years and recent time?  One multi-starrer that comes to my mind which was simply mediocre is Housefull (recent time) - such a waste of stars and the story was not even that great.

Multi-starrers - why do you like them and why do you dislike them?

😉
Edited by eroticlover - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yes! They are so funny when a comedy and so happy, family type when a family movie!
I loved SIK, Welcome, HSSH, K3G and many more like those!
Also looking forward to DTBHJ!!
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Multi-starrers... nah... Double the torture than the regular movies....

Off late the multi starrers have been very tedious and a pain to watch....
Originally posted by: -Maddy-

Multi-starrers... nah... Double the torture than the regular movies....

Off late the multi starrers have been very tedious and a pain to watch....

😆 Yes, most of them have been ridiculous to say the least!  Why did they make No Problem with Sushmita, Anil, Sanjay, etc. ?!  That was also a big waste of time!  And it flopped bigtime! 
Edited by eroticlover - 13 years ago
I like multistarrers when there are only two of the top actors/actresses and the rest are just supporting actors and where everyone contributes to the movie. All the characters either have to have plentiful lines OR they must contribute to the plot instead of looking like stand-ins.  (If the multistarrers contained completely all B-grade or C-grade actors/actresses and only one top actor/actress, then no I can't stand them)

For example, I absolutely loved Welcome even though it was a ridiculous movie NOT because of Akshay and Katrina. I loved how Anil Kapoor and Nana Patekar made up one side of the story, Paresh Rawal and his wife another, then the pundit, the gunda crew, Feroze Khan, the guy who played Lucky, and the fake movie crew. I even loved Mallika Sherawat in the film; she gelled in with the rest in such a bizarre but great manner (and I don't even consider her much!) Everyone in that movie participated in order to make it funny. And that's why it was a success.

If Welcome consisted of just Akshay and Katrina's romance, I would have been truly bored.

Singh Is Kingg was also funny but the humor was a bit more forced in the film. Multistarrers, of late, have been really bad, except for Golmaal 3 which I haven't seen yet.

Originally posted by: koolchick

I like multistarrers when there are only two of the top actors/actresses and the rest are just supporting actors and where everyone contributes to the movie. All the characters either have to have plentiful lines OR they must contribute to the plot instead of looking like stand-ins.  (If the multistarrers contained completely all B-grade or C-grade actors/actresses and only one top actor/actress, then no I can't stand them)

For example, I absolutely loved Welcome even though it was a ridiculous movie NOT because of Akshay and Katrina. I loved how Anil Kapoor and Nana Patekar made up one side of the story, Paresh Rawal and his wife another, then the pundit, the gunda crew, Feroze Khan, the guy who played Lucky, and the fake movie crew. I even loved Mallika Sherawat in the film; she gelled in with the rest in such a bizarre but great manner (and I don't even consider her much!) Everyone in that movie participated in order to make it funny. And that's why it was a success.

If Welcome consisted of just Akshay and Katrina's romance, I would have been truly bored.

Singh Is Kingg was also funny but the humor was a bit more forced in the film. Multistarrers, of late, have been really bad, except for Golmaal 3 which I haven't seen yet.

I can't believe Golmaal 3 became a blockbuster, but I guess the audience loves these brainless multi-starrers which don't make you think much!  🤣

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
They are ok...some of them are good,some of them are bad and some of them are just plain ugly.🤣

No Problem -  completely terrible🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Welcome - Anil and Nana stole the show other than that, nothing interesting
-Aaliyah- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I enjoy multistarrers because there's not just one story going on.
I love the concept on how several stories intertwines into one!
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Yes I like multi-starrers because more characters adds to the story and big stars add excitement to the films for me. I've enjoyed films like K3G, Dhoom 2, Golmaal  1 and 2, Housefull, Hum Saath Saath Hain... It's exciting...

Edited by IHeartDeepika - 13 years ago
Abbyviv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Not always .. sometimes it gives me a headache, but I enjoyed movies like K3g, Life In A Metro, Salaam e Ishq, Masti, Golmaal.. 

Movies Like Kank, Dus, Dhoom 2, didn't work for me, I think it has to do with the story n how they put everything together