Ek Veer Stree ki Kahaani Jhansi Ki Rani

Queen on HOLIDAY

ALUJNA21 IF-Stunnerz
ALUJNA21
ALUJNA21

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Queen on holiday
Buzz up!

Kratika Sengar takes a long-awaited, much-deserved break just before the show enters its most grueling War Phase.

It is a matter of great pride to be playing the legendary warrior queen Rani Laxmi Bai on Zee TV's historical saga Jhansi Ki Rani, but it can also be unimaginably stressful at times. Ask actor Kratika Sengar and she'll tell you why! To begin with, the sets of the show are not in Mumbai. With magnificent replicas of the Rani's palatial home and the grand Jhansi fort erected at N. D. Studios, the show is shot extensively at the famous studio in Karjat which is a 3-hour drive from Mumbai suburbs. With shoots extending into the wee hours of the night and beginning at the strike of dawn, Kratika is hardly ever able to make trips to her house in Andheri, forget taking a couple of days off to spend time with her family in Kanpur.

With the sveltering heat, the long hours of shoot every single day, the sheer power she must exude on screen at all times, the dardevil stunts she must pull off sitting on horseback weilding a sword and above all the fact that the production unit had not been able to grant her a leave even once in the last 6 months, Kratika had begun to feel extremely home sick. "As much as I love my role and cannot thank Zee TV enough for the opportunity to essay the role of such a phenomenal powerhouse of a woman, I hate to admit that I was beginning to face a burn-out. When they told me that we're just about to get into one of the most grueling shoot schedules for the Rani's action-packed war against the British, I just had to take a breather before I could give my best to the strenuous, physically exhausting task ahead of me. I'll be spending some quality time with my loved ones in Kanpur. And when I'm back, this Rani will attack the British with full vengeance!"

Stay tuned to Jhansi Ki Rani at 8 PM, Monday to Friday on Zee TV to watch one of the most inspiring battles in Indian History that's never before been seen on Indian television!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

laynaGur.N.cool..Nihaa..

_Klaroline_ IF-Dazzler
_Klaroline_
_Klaroline_

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 7:04am | IP Logged
oooooo so sweet
I feel pity for her Ouch
Its really hard to portray such a huge role
Hats off kratika di Star
Let her enjoy her holidays
And come with a bang