India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

Do you think Krishna is a......

Mili27 Goldie
Mili27
Mili27

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:46am | IP Logged
 ......a good son, good brother or a good friend ?

That krishna is good husband and a lover is something we all know ( do we or only p knowsWink, whatever!) However you will all agree that life is not merely about romantic relationships, it is a web of associations and commitments other than marriage. If we had a Krishna is our family, what would have been our reaction in that scenario. We may love our spouses to distraction,  but in real life can we afford to annoy all our relations just to be true to that one person. Is it possible to be balanced in our dealings with pple.

I am also one of those pple who dislike P for not being able to give equal importance to her marital relations as compared to her parental one.But  what about Krishna? How does he fare as a son, a brother or as human being , for that matter. . We all love K because we place ourselves in P's shoes but what if we had him as a brother (yours not mine!) or a son or a friend. What would have been our attitude then. Let's discuss.

PS: The motive for many of my posts is to go beyond MKAP and get a better understanding of pple. So friends, I would request you to take AB out of your minds and just think about K in an objective manner.

Edited by Mili97 - 08 January 2011 at 2:49am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

desichorab2011akku8910damon_bitemeMinnie.a_umahussainramso....Poojie....tanthya

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 3:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mili97

......a good son, good brother or a good friend ?

That krishna is good husband and a lover is something we all know ( do we or only p knowsWink, whatever!) However you will all agree that life is not merely about romantic relationships, it is a web of associations and commitments other than marriage. If we had a Krishna is our family, what would have been our reaction in that scenario. We may love our spouses to distraction,  but in real life can we afford to annoy all our relations just to be true to that one person. Is it possible to be balanced in our dealings with pple.

I am also one of those pple who dislike P for not being able to give equal importance to her marital relations as compared to her parental one.But  what about Krishna? How does he fare as a son, a brother or as human being , for that matter. . We all love K because we place ourselves in P's shoes but what if we had him as a brother (yours not mine!) or a son or a friend. What would have been our attitude then. Let's discuss.

PS: The motive for many of my posts is to go beyond MKAP and get a better understanding of pple. So friends, I would request you to take AB out of your minds and just think about K in an objective manner.

I really liked this zara hatke post...Big smile..

from my POV , Krishna is a good Human, Good friend,Average Son, failure as a husband and irresponsible brother .....

He has the basic qualities that is needed to qualify him as a good  human being..He is strong,courageous, kind,compassionate,confident...

Although I have not seen him actively doing anything for his frnds, the fact that his frnds are willing to risk their lives for his sake convinces me that he must be a good friend.

Krishna is an everyday son, There is nothing special about him as a son, He loves them , is loyal to an extent, throws tantrum when parents do not fulfill his request ..In short a typical Son..

Krishna is a failure as a husband... In a relationship between two individuals, there will always be checks and balance , a point which the spouses are not supposed to cross, Krishna has not  built this Checks and balance, while Pratigya has done that ..there is a point up to which Krishna can go, after that Pratigya reins him in whereas Pratigya tramples all over him and he does not mind...A relationship grows and is successful when there is respect between the two individuals, respect comes when you have ur own set of beliefs and values , U hold  on to them and fight for them....and u expect nay demand that ur spouse respects them as well , has Krishna been successful in ensuring that his spouse respects his ethos, his credo ..is he shown to be bothered by her lack of respect ....NO!! ...Pratigya does not care 2 hoots for his beliefs, has no qualms in breaking it cos she knows very well that ultimately Krishna will tow her line..This is not a equal relationship , This is a relationship where Krishna has abjectly surrendered his pride, his values, his ego and his individuality ...This is a relationship where Krishna has not been able to teach Pratigya anything, Pratigya has not evolved staying in on this relationship..And That speaks volume about his failure as a Husband..

Edited by tanthya - 08 January 2011 at 4:13am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Mili27Minnie.koolsadhu1000....Poojie....

Mili27 Goldie
Mili27
Mili27

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 4:19am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=tanthya][QUOTE=Mili97] 
Good human being, I agree. Does not have a single malicious bone in his body.

Good friend, I have my doubts. Except for this one incident when T/C got beaten up and we saw a frazzled K, he has taken more than he has given. Is there when he needs friends but what about being there for his friends.CVs need to show some incidents highlighting K's feelings for T and C.

Average son: I think however much of a difference of opinion we may have with our parents, it goes against basic human values to allow other pple to trash their reputation. That's what family loyalty is all about. So in my POV, K is a horrible son. i may yell at my parents in the privacy of my own home but the moment there is a third person, it is more of a 'we are family' scene all the way.

Failure as a husband or failure as a provider ( I am not even sure about whether there is any distinction)

Not just an irresponsible but also a very callous, detached brother.

Edited by Mili97 - 08 January 2011 at 4:22am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Minnie.koolsadhu1000

hussainramso IF-Sizzlerz
hussainramso
hussainramso

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Hi Mili
I've been walking around for 2 hrs because of a stomachache and  decided to check IF.
I'm glad you want to take your discussion beyond MKAP. However I will start with K and tell you why I feel the way I do.
Yes K loves P but more than that he believes in marriage. To K the nuclear unit is more important than the extended family. I don't have problem with that.  P on the other hand annoys me at times because the extended family takes precedence. In the cvs defence, I don't think that that is what the want to show. I think they want to show that P has blind faith in K and it doesn't come across that way because of ridiculous dialogue she appears manipulative.
In reality I would like to hear one woman say that her sasural is just as important as her maike. Impossible! I will always put my parents needs before my in-laws. If the husband's parents have lavished love and attention on him then so have her parents. Going back to the show...... what more is P suppose to do for the Thakurs? Doesn't she do housework? She participates in family events because K asks her to. If more is expected of P then why can't K help his in-laws financially. What made his parents  more important ? (Just for a moment forget your dislike  for Sax) My in-laws are a lot like Thakurs and regardless of what you do for peope like them they will  always negate what you say. Nothing you say or do is right. They will never change. For instance when SS told P that K will pay for her expenses she agreed with him, SS immediately took  a180 and told her that she wants to see his son doing hard labor. Just for the sake of disagreement and he hates her that much. There is no pleasing people like them. They want to control their kids. K does annoy me with his laziness but not because he supports P.  Husbands and wives need to support each other in front of other people even if they don't in private. Its important in a marriage to have that safety net. P needs to learn. That doesn't mean you don't love your parents but definitely relationships should be prioratized. As for me husband and kids first, then my family and then his. If anyone tells you diff they are lying.LOL Supporting your wife doesn't  a JKG make. Anyway you wanted a better sense of who I was ..........so there you go.
Oh in reality ask any woman if having a loving and supporting husband who puts you above all others is distasteful. You will probably find that most women want that quality in a husband. They only disapprove when someone else has it.LOL I'm lucky that way and no my husband is not horse whipped.
Must return to bed!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sanitha7Mili27Minnie.---Yemi---a_uma

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 4:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mili97

[QUOTE=tanthya][QUOTE=Mili97] 
Good human being, I agree. Does not have a single malicious bone in his body.

Good friend, I have my doubts. Except for this one incident when T/C got beaten up and we saw a frazzled K, he has taken more than he has given. Is there when he needs friends but what about being there for his friends.CVs need to show some incidents highlighting K's feelings for T and C.

I am giving the benefit of doubt to Krishna ...Since I do not even know about the incident that you have mentioned..i am going by the behavior of Tunna and Chandu and not by Krishna's behavior..

Average son: I think however much of a difference of opinion we may have with our parents, it goes against basic human values to allow other pple to trash their reputation. That's what family loyalty is all about. So in my POV, K is a horrible son. i may yell at my parents in the privacy of my own home but the moment there is a third person, it is more of a 'we are family' scene all the way.

If that were the criteria, then Krishna fulfilled that Criteria when Pratigya hesitantly puts forth Mathur's condition to Krishna or when Krishna rises in splendid defense of his father when Mathur goes hammer and tongs at SS.....If you mean that Krishna stands quietly when Pratigya does not give due respect ,Then One must understand that Krishna considers her to be part of the family...and thinks even though she disapproves of them, she is not disloyal to them , only goes about her own way when they embark on dubious deals...in the same vein I must say Krishna too says Tum,Tumhare to Sax in spite of Sax being older to him ..again bec he considers him as his own...

Failure as a husband or failure as a provider ( I am not even sure about whether there is any distinction)

failure as a husband- Shakthi,SS, Krishna, Adarsh

Failure as a provider - Krishna , Lately Sax ......

Not just an irresponsible but also a very callous, detached brother.

Mili27Minnie.

Pragati.T IF-Sizzlerz
Pragati.T
Pragati.T

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 7:02am | IP Logged

vry impressive theard milli............Thumbs Up  well talking about krishna as a human being,as a husband....i whd say hez a normal kind of person,whoz good at times bad at times..............he don't give verbal request to his parents n taunts them in front of everyone,which every son or daughter in normal life do........[like me]............LOL but he alos have a quality which is lack in ppl from real life........like he  dranked his mum's dirty water so that neithger his wife nor his mum feel  neglected by him............this is a characteristic which vry rare ppl whd do in reality.............

coming to krishan as a husband...............here also he  still need to prove himself.............afterall hez a character from real life....where no body is perfect.........krishna is violent losses his control over his toungh in anger..........don't realise wat he has said about his relation wih prats but in the end he has a golden heart full of love,a love for his wife which helps him in standing n supporting his wife wen whole world is against her..........this is a feature which is not seen in reality........i don't feel in reality no husband whd go to this lenghts to supprt his wife no matter how much he loves her....but at some end husband whd stop supportig his wife although this is not in case of krishan.....

all in all i whd say that krishna is  a real life character,in realty there are sooo many good n bad things about our partners but still ppl whd not say that the guy of my life is a big mistake from which i want to get out of  it........Smile 

sanitha7Minnie.

nisha2010 IF-Sizzlerz
nisha2010
nisha2010

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 7:18am | IP Logged
bhery interesting.LOL

K is fountain of love........Embarrassed all he has ever done is love........d way he behaves is typical of the youngest in family over pampered.........LOL

i want it i will hav it........nothing less  the path does not matter .......the ultimate goal does......

he has taken all d relations for granted the way he takes SS money...........LOL

my dad got all that money for whom??? me.....and its not that he got this thot from ammas womb...its his own father and d society that stamped this thot............

throwing tantrums even girls do it but never married women...........WinkLOL but K thinks that this is his birthright...........

he's a man of v basic needs........everyone can't be a mahapurush he just wants to b a purush.......LOL

if he wud hav married a woman of his parents choice then maybe the judgement ques wud hav never arrived.......

quarelling wid bro or sis does not mean he doesn't care for them...

he just wants to b happy......khao piyo aish karo...............is there any harm if he wants peace.........LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sanitha7Mili27Minnie.Pragati.T

Mili27 Goldie
Mili27
Mili27

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 7:22am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=pragati.tankha]

vry impressive theard milli............Thumbs Up  well talking about krishna as a human being,as a husband....i whd say hez a normal kind of person,whoz good at times bad at times..............he don't give verbal request to his parents n taunts them in front of everyone,which every son or daughter in normal life do........[like me]............LOL but he alos have a quality which is lack in ppl from real life........like he  dranked his mum's dirty water so that neithger his wife nor his mum feel  neglected by him............this is a characteristic which vry rare ppl whd do in reality.............

coming to krishan as a husband...............here also he  still need to prove himself.............afterall hez a character from real life....where no body is perfect.........krishna is violent losses his control over his toungh in anger..........don't realise wat he has said about his relation wih prats but in the end he has a golden heart full of love,a love for his wife which helps him in standing n supporting his wife wen whole world is against her..........this is a feature which is not seen in reality........i don't feel in reality no husband whd go to this lenghts to supprt his wife no matter how much he loves her....but at some end husband whd stop supportig his wife although this is not in case of krishan.....

all in all i whd say that krishna is  a real life character,in realty there are sooo many good n bad things about our partners but still ppl whd not say that the guy of my life is a big mistake from which i want to get out of  it........Smile 

You know there is one thing I really don't like about Krishna. He bad mouths his parents infront of his inlaws. I am saying this because I feel if we don't respect our parents specially infront of outsiders we give others the green signal to go ahead and insult them too. I am married but I never discuss about my parents with my husband as I feel that would be emotionally betraying them.
Also I believe there is more to life than romance. We have so many relationships in our lives and we should give love and respect to most if not all. IMO, just thinking about one's spouse is a bit of selfish thing to do.

Edited by Mili97 - 08 January 2011 at 7:24am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Minnie.

Go to top