India-Forums

Bigg Boss Season 4
Bigg Boss Season 4

dolly and her orange duppata

cape Goldie
cape
cape

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 1:08am | IP Logged
have u guys notice whenever dolly got nominated before,woh apna orange duppata pehen leti hai and got saved also,now again and this time its really a big week for all of them and she is again wearing that duppata from 2 to 3 days now,also today she was also covering her head with taht all the time,which she never do,my mom said aus ne kuch jaado ya kuch parhwaya hai duppata pe jisse woh save ya win karsake....hahahha that is funny but i also think ke she wear that duppta only when she gets nominated,or like when she need votes from janta....

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gehna2004roshniikhamosshhh

dimple_usa Senior Member
dimple_usa
dimple_usa

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:24am | IP Logged
I can give a relevant reply to this orange dupatta secret, Dolly is a punjabi and I myself am a punjabi, well the orange dupatta has no jaadoo or black magic in it, instead it's a blessing from the gurdwara, whenever someone is to be given a blessing or prashad or anyone is to be given respect, this dupatta(called as 'seeray pau' is put around their necks or is tied on the head by the priest, dolly seems to be religious and may be that is the reason she is wearing it whole time, my mom also prefers wearing the 'seeray pau' as it is big enough like a dupatta and stays put on the head. Dolly is just relying on the blessings.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

alita0gehna2004destiny11roshniiShizaruThatOneGuy

Mrs-KaranKundra IF-Sizzlerz
Mrs-KaranKundra
Mrs-KaranKundra

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 4:50am | IP Logged
i dislike her and her duppatta specially when she laughsssss

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Marz_Mahira_fanChingaari_dkmystery_

Shizaru Goldie
Shizaru
Shizaru

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 5:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dimple_usa

I can give a relevant reply to this orange dupatta secret, Dolly is a punjabi and I myself am a punjabi, well the orange dupatta has no jaadoo or black magic in it, instead it's a blessing from the gurdwara, whenever someone is to be given a blessing or prashad or anyone is to be given respect, this dupatta(called as 'seeray pau' is put around their necks or is tied on the head by the priest, dolly seems to be religious and may be that is the reason she is wearing it whole time, my mom also prefers wearing the 'seeray pau' as it is big enough like a dupatta and stays put on the head. Dolly is just relying on the blessings.

Dimpleji thanks for clarifying the significance of the saraupa Dolly wears. Initially I was annoyed at the thread as it referred to a blessed garment as jadoo etc, but saw your reply and liked the way you took the time to reply. I also wear one when I'm cooking or when I'm not feeling too bright...I was given mine over 20yrs ago and its very precious and comforting to me..

Some ppl kuch bi bolthe hai...u can dislike any contestant but we shouldn't ever mock or raise undue insults on their faith. Once you had clarified it it should have been enough to stop any further comment on it but madam above has still commented...height of stupidity...and a clear display of immaturity....Mrs KaranKundr...pls learn some manners..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

alita0destiny11roshniipooja.s92

ilm25 Senior Member
ilm25
ilm25

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 6:56am | IP Logged

I can give a relevant reply to this orange dupatta secret, Dolly is a punjabi and I myself am a punjabi, well the orange dupatta has no jaadoo or black magic in it, instead it's a blessing from the gurdwara, .

I take it when you say Gurdwara you mean you are sikh and dolly is sikh.....but to say you are pujabi and assume that means sikh is strange as I know alot of punjabis...most of them are muslim and my best friend is hindu and doesnt believe in any sikh things..i dont know any sikhs...also Veena and Ali are punjabi who are also muslim...please rephrase your post as you implying just by being punjabi you believe in the things u have put etc and are sikh

Edited by ilm25 - 08 January 2011 at 6:58am
dimple_usa Senior Member
dimple_usa
dimple_usa

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 9:49am | IP Logged
First of all, I was talking about Dolly Bindra who speaks punjabi and is from Sikhism religion, I didn't say that all punjabis are sikhs, many people in Pakistan speak punjabi whereas they are not Sikh, in my answer above I was asked to clarify my post as the person thought I was not explaining well, if only they had got my point that I was talking about Dolly Bindra's dupatta, the confusion wouldn't have come. Moreover saying that "best friend doesn't believe in any Sikh things" is rude. Belief doesn't tag with religion, it forms with your utmost faith and respect. ilm25, I hope you got my point now.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

alita0

ilm25 Senior Member
ilm25
ilm25

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 10:12am | IP Logged

First of all, I was talking about Dolly Bindra who speaks punjabi and is from Sikhism religion, Belief doesn't tag with religion, it forms with your utmost faith and respect. ilm25, I hope you got my point now.

Sorry...no..i dont get your point...you just mentioned that as dolly was punjabi or punjabi speaking that therefore the reason for the orange dupatta thing.....etc..etc...you didnt specify sikhism....and no...belief and religion go hand in hand...thats my belief.
mpc.sofar Senior Member
mpc.sofar
mpc.sofar

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ilm25

I can give a relevant reply to this orange dupatta secret, Dolly is a punjabi and I myself am a punjabi, well the orange dupatta has no jaadoo or black magic in it, instead it's a blessing from the gurdwara, .

I take it when you say Gurdwara you mean you are sikh and dolly is sikh.....but to say you are pujabi and assume that means sikh is strange as I know alot of punjabis...most of them are muslim and my best friend is hindu and doesnt believe in any sikh things..i dont know any sikhs...also Veena and Ali are punjabi who are also muslim...please rephrase your post as you implying just by being punjabi you believe in the things u have put etc and are sikh

In India, there is a lot of intermingling of religions. Many Hindus/Sikhs go to Masjids / Mazaars to get blessings. Gurudwara is even much more common for Hindus to go, I know of Muslims also in India who frequent Gurudwaras, though they are not in Punjab. And when I say frequent, it is not just as a tourist spot but with real faith. So getting blessings from Gurudwara does not mean Sikhism at all.

Though, Bindra is a very common Sikh surname so yeah, it is easy to guess Dolly is Sikh.

Go to top