India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

IPL-2011-Auctions (Page 3)

Roadrunnerz Goldie
Roadrunnerz
Roadrunnerz

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 5:01am | IP Logged
Yes ganguly did perform well, so it could be that he wasnt seen as a good team player. He has an attitude problem

Eventide Senior Member
Eventide
Eventide

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 11:39am | IP Logged
The players prolong their careers, and end up being booted out. Gavasker was perhaps the only one who quit while still being at the top.
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
When any sport is commercialized players do just become (you know what) trying to sell their skills for pay. (Don't we all though). But even if one is against (you now what), they cannot deny the logic that there is a shelf life to all products (including you know what) and the value of a sprinter is different from that of a marathon runner.

That being said as a Wisconsinite, I have a new found respect for Ganguly and all other older cricketers. I take comfort in the fact that he is no Favre.
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JATINTHAKKAR

Well Shiv Sena Supremo Bal Thackeray yesterday came out of Support of Dada with some strong views against IPL.

And I Quote him,

"IPL is just like a Bar wherein Cricketers are put on Auction for sale.Well in the bar,the call-girls too are waiting in queue for their prospective customer & the Customer chooses the Prostitute.

In IPL,these horses are put on Auction just like how people bet money on horse-races on their Favourites & No one asks Handicapped Horses.
IPL is just like that."
- Bal Thackeray.

Well Emraan Hashmi said,"There is no Dfference b/w Cricketers & Prostitutes".
"Dono ki Jawani khatam toh kahani khatam".

It Seems from the Auction That these Both Views hold good in the Format of IPL.

Emraan Hashmi is a fool if he's comparing people like Sachin and Laxman to prostitutes. I really don't care if it was a joke or not, he ought to think before he speaks. 

Coming to Jayasuriya-he was all over the place in the last IPL and very unpredictable when it came to his batting so I'm not surprised that he found no takers.
I just don't understand how Dravid can get chosen and not Ganguly? Yes, he's old and maybe not as good as he used to be once upon a time but I still think he'd do a good job for KKR and is a lot better than some of the other players that will be playing in this IPL.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JATINTHAKKARkrystal_watz

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Well Shiv Sena Supremo Bal Thackeray yesterday came out of Support of Dada with some strong views against IPL.

And I Quote him,

"IPL is just like a Bar wherein Cricketers are put on Auction for sale.Well in the bar,the call-girls too are waiting in queue for their prospective customer & the Customer chooses the Prostitute.

In IPL,these horses are put on Auction just like how people bet money on horse-races on their Favourites & No one asks Handicapped Horses.
IPL is just like that."
- Bal Thackeray.

Emraan Hashmi is a fool if he's comparing people like Sachin and Laxman to prostitutes. I really don't care if it was a joke or not, he ought to think before he speaks. 

Coming to Jayasuriya-he was all over the place in the last IPL and very unpredictable when it came to his batting so I'm not surprised that he found no takers.
I just don't understand how Dravid can get chosen and not Ganguly? Yes, he's old and maybe not as good as he used to be once upon a time but I still think he'd do a good job for KKR and is a lot better than some of the other players that will be playing in this IPL.

@ Underlined : Pretty much the whole point.LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JATINTHAKKAR

JATINTHAKKAR IF-Dazzler
JATINTHAKKAR
JATINTHAKKAR

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

And I Quote him,

IPL is just like that."
- Bal Thackeray.

Well Just Like you feel,the same i'm thinking that how come Rahul Dravid has got an egde in the Auction coz the Wall is Crumbling & Falling.
His Performance is 2010 was tottering.

I Think Rahul needs to think of seriously taking Retirement.

BTW.....I'm Bit Surprised for VVS too coz He's the Best when it comes to Test Cricket But in 20-20 Format,I don't think he fits.He's a Technical,Wristy & Elegant Player.He's not an hitter.

I did'nt Get How Come Jessy Ryder remain Unsold knowing the Fact that he's a Dangerous Batsman,A Good Fielder inspite of his heavy body & A Very good Bowler in our conditions who can bowl slower deliveries mixing at the pace of 120 km/hr.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index