India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

IPL-2011-Auctions (Page 2)

Roadrunnerz Goldie
Roadrunnerz
Roadrunnerz

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 4:40am | IP Logged
KKR is taking ganguly as a mentor if not as a player . Busines sense prevailed ultimately LOL without ganguly the Kolkata crowd would have booed the KKR team

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Eventidehindu4lyfmr.assbaz786

chal_phek_mat Senior Member
chal_phek_mat
chal_phek_mat

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:11am | IP Logged
People really need to take their blinders off, Ganguly is done as a cricketer, We had similar idol worship in the times of Kapil Dev and Sunil Gavaskar. It is very rare that a player like Sachin Tendulkar comes back like a pheonix like he has done in the last year.

KKR knew it would be a ratings bonanza if they buy him, but cricketing decisions overruled that and they did not choose him as a player

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Eventidemr.ass

JATINTHAKKAR IF-Dazzler
JATINTHAKKAR
JATINTHAKKAR

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 2:59am | IP Logged
An Important Point which i noticed & Got Surprised is I Did'nt Understood the Policy of Pune Warriors & Kochi Bruisers in Auction Process.

I Mean that they have spent more amounts on mediocre players.....Coz Kochi does'nt have a Match Winner who they can exactly rely on except Brendon Mccullum.
Plus Looking at Yuvraj Singh's Current Form & Fitness,Sahara has recklessly spent on him.

Another most Disturbing Fact is Kiwi Pacer Kyle Mills Getting Unsold coz he can hit that Cricket ball long & far distant & He is Main Strike Bowler too...Definitely an All-Rounder.

Well The Big Stalwarts not Getting sold & Everyone's Creating Ruckus.....This is perfect example of  Team Owners thinking on strict commercial lines & keeping personal relations aside.IPL is a Money Game.

About Dada Ganguly,I Think all teams know that he dictates terms on ground.....So Everyone has intentionally kept him out coz he's an Headache for them.

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 4:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

KKR is taking ganguly as a mentor if not as a player . Busines sense prevailed ultimately LOL without ganguly the Kolkata crowd would have booed the KKR team

Ganguly performed better than almost all in KKR... did better than many others. Though, I am not a huge fan of Ganguly, it is sad that he is not in IPL-4, especially since he did perform....n the following did not perform that well in IPL still got big money!!!Smile

baz786 IF-Sizzlerz
baz786
baz786

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:19am | IP Logged
The two shocks for me are that gangully n sanath wer unsold
Two very powerful players

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by baz786

The two shocks for me are that gangully n sanath wer unsold
Two very powerful players

ganguly is a hasbeen, but yeah sannath is still good :(

baz786

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
^^ Im sorry, but Ganguly is no hasbeen...as Vinu pointed out, he had fared better than all the others of KKR in all the seasons.

Besides, RD and Sachin are also aged, but they were sold, Especially Dravid, How bout that? Also, there would be no justice to "Kolkata" in the KKR if theres no Ganguly.

hindu4lyf

JATINTHAKKAR IF-Dazzler
JATINTHAKKAR
JATINTHAKKAR

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 2:06am | IP Logged

Well Shiv Sena Supremo Bal Thackeray yesterday came out of Support of Dada with some strong views against IPL.

And I Quote him,

"IPL is just like a Bar wherein Cricketers are put on Auction for sale.Well in the bar,the call-girls too are waiting in queue for their prospective customer & the Customer chooses the Prostitute.

In IPL,these horses are put on Auction just like how people bet money on horse-races on their Favourites & No one asks Handicapped Horses.
IPL is just like that."
- Bal Thackeray.

Well Emraan Hashmi said,"There is no Dfference b/w Cricketers & Prostitutes".
"Dono ki Jawani khatam toh kahani khatam".

It Seems from the Auction That these Both Views hold good in the Format of IPL.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

krystal_watz-Believe-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index