Why are they bringing hwood rappers to bollywood ?

Posted: 13 years ago
Ok so far all I know of are ; Snoop Dogg, and Akon that have been brought from Hollywood to come sing songs for Bollywood films.

What is up with that ? If we want to hear them sing we'll listen to their songs ! Why are they so desperate to mesh Bollywood with Hollywood.

Bollywood songs are the best, and things that keep them distinct from rap and hipop from up here in the US and CANADA are slowly dissapearing... which I think is really sad.
--Globalization, my dear! 
Bolly songs are hardly the best dear.. or any original.. barring a few composers, they are already a rip off of american rap, hip hop, korean music, reggae.. so its better that instead of blatantly coppying these people.. they are actually bringing the real people and making them do some fusion.. I hated the one that they did in singh is king.. i hope they do a better job in Ra1. Edited by ladygaga - 13 years ago
Originally posted by Bolly*_Crazed

If we want to hear them sing we'll listen to their songs ! 

couldn't agree more!
What's wrong with meshing hollywood and bollywood song? If it's a great song, why not? I think its pretty cool that a hollywood famous singer is coming to sing a bollywood song. It's a positive thing not negative.
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
LOL THANK YOUU! i'm glad i'm not the only one who finds it odd

I've always wondered the same thing >.<
its not like there's a great extent of intertwining done between 2 cultures when some rapper comes to Bolly O.o
its always some Bhangra song with a few rap verses.

strictly IMO but it doesn't do much

ok, what do you feel when Rahman ji compose for foreign films??

do you think, those foreigners are doing wrong ? Do you feel Rahman ji is doing some thing wrong?

What about him wining Oscars for non bollywood?JUST CURIOUS TO KNOW😃

Any creative person who puts their money on, do have a right to bring any one from any corner if he wants and believe that will add more weight to their creation.

I love bollywood songs n for me they always cum first :P .. if bolly ppl r bringing hollywood rappers to compose .. i dnt think thr is anything wrong with tht .. as long as they compose good music i have no complaints .. n i dnt take it as desperation .. its called trying to experiment n increase the appeal of thr movie.
Its just a different type of music. A different genre.
Personally, I'm not a fan of rap, and I definitely prefer desi tunes over that kinda music, but hey, I'm all of mixing and matching.
Its done legally, thank god.
I dont see anything wrong with bringing global artists together in projects.

I mean, its better than imitating and copying their music without giving em credit yeah?
Originally posted by Salma2

ok, what do you feel when Rahman ji compose for foreign films??

do you think, those foreigners are doing wrong ? Do you feel Rahman ji is doing some thing wrong?

What about him wining Oscars for non bollywood?JUST CURIOUS TO KNOW😃

Any creative person who puts their money on, do have a right to bring any one from any corner if he wants and believe that will add more weight to their creation.

wooah.
you have a really really good point actually
haha i'm rethinking about this now...