Fashion and Beauty

~*~My Wedding Journal~*~(Thank You! pg 17) (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 19

.ava

Goldie

.ava

Posted: 02 February 2011 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
@Fammma: I live in Canada (and so the wedding is happening here)
@Rosh: omg 4 more months! LOLLele was telling us about thatLOL She said she only did that to annoy you but she felt bad when you sent Prem to ask herLOL I love Lele she's the best aunt everTongue

~*~February 1st, 2011: Desserts!~*~

Dino, my aunt and I went to meet the caterers and pick a menu. The next thing was choosing desserts! The 3 of us went to this amazing bakery. I think we spent over 3 hours there, just eating cakes and cupcakes!

In the end we decided to have a 5 tier white chocolate cake with raspberry mousse filling. The cake will be covered in white fondant and turquoise ribbon (fondant) around the bottom of each tier. Also fresh red roses will be on the cake in a "spiral way".  Our cake topper is going to be silver crystal monogram "AD".Tongue

When we were at the bakery we fell in love with the cupcakes so we decided to include cupcakes in the dessert buffet. We picked 5 different flavors, Watermelon, Pomegranate Green Tea, Mango Mousse, Tiramisu and Chocolate Cheese CakeBig smile.

Other desserts that are going to be served are gelato, fruits and candy. For the gelato, we're having two flavors, Pistachios and Crme Brulee. Then for fruits we're going to have Strawberries, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Oranges, Grapefruit, Guava and Mango. I love candy buffets, I think they're awesome so we agreed to have one. The candy is going to go with the theme (Turquoise, White, and Red); they're going to be in clear glass jars that are different shapes and sizes. Each jar is going to have a silver candy shovel or tongs. When the dessert buffet is set up the waiters are going give everyone white satin treasure chests (They're the same as the invitation treasure chests). Inside the treasure chest is going to be a "Thank you for coming" note and that's where they can put the candy. I love those as wedding favors. The top of the treasure chests are going to be embroidered in turquoise thread

Avantika Roya Greco + Dino Aapt Kapoor

May 29th, 2011

Two Hearts, One Beat

I love the idea of having a dessert buffet instead of having the waiters serve the dessert. That way it's easier to have variety and not everybody always wants dessert so if they want they can go to the buffet and if they don't then...they can just partyLOL.

Oh and we spoke to the caterers and they're going to make appetizers and drinks for the other two weddings. At the Italian wedding they're making a bunch of Italian appetizers and drinks. Then for the Indian wedding they're making Indian appetizers and drinksSmile.

The best part of the day was when the baker was trying to figure out why I call my aunt Lele. It was too funny because she was confusedLOL. I call my aunt Lele because her name is Laila and when I was younger I used to try and call her Laila but I couldn't pronounce it so I started calling her Lele and it just stayedSmile.

Edited by avantika_greco - 02 February 2011 at 10:57pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mikayla-.Selena-Lauren.Nikasha.Sex.DirectionMMBGBarbie3143Jess.burgerchaap.Jiya.tulipbaby53

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~*~My Wedding Journal~*~(Thank You! pg 17) (Page 8)" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 02 February 2011 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
What yummy desserts you'll be having! Every detail of you both's wedding is so well planned out! Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.ava

Nikasha.

IF-Dazzler

Nikasha.

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Ooh those look yummy! I feel hungry once more!LOL

The dinner buffet is a really good idea, that way people can eat what they want, without wasting foodApprove

Nikasha

.ava

.Roshni.

Goldie

.Roshni.

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
Ava I'm officially jealous of you because my mom loves you more than me. Today she was stuffing me with good while saying "You're anorexic...I wish Ava was my daughter." huh? Lmao anyways I can't wait to eat the desserts because I love the cupcakes from the bakery you guys went to. Sonia and I are always eating them at the boutique. Btw did you try the Mojito+Strawberry cupcake?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.avaBarbie3143

jassiee.

IF-Rockerz

jassiee.

Posted: 06 February 2011 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
Oh I read this all today :O
congrats! You and your fiance are really adorable. And, planning out the wedding seems like a lot of fun :) I really love your wardrobe for the wedding, your wedding dress is gorgeous! Ou, I would love to do that. Plus, it's pretty cool that your going to have 3 weddings :) Hahah, the idea of it seems so ideal. And, I love your colour scheme. And, the venues look awesome :P I love the outdoor venue, its beautiful and even more beautiful in person :) I LOVE going there. AAH, your menu made me hungry :$ YUM!
everything seems to be going along well :)
Keep us updated! 

.ava

.ava

Goldie

.ava

Posted: 07 February 2011 at 7:04pm | IP Logged

February 7th, 2011: Makeup Artist&More Clothes!

Today was a very busy day for me. I was putting finishing touched on the room I was designing/decorating for somebody (It was my first Interior Design job!). That was actually annoying because the cushions I ordered weren't the same ones that came so I had to go to the store and exchange those. That wasted a lot of time and energy; I mean those sales people were so rude and obnoxiousAngry. Anyways I finished that at around 2pm. Then I had to meet up with a friend.

My friend is actually my old makeup artist's niece. We used to go to the same ballet classTongue! Anyways now she's a professional makeup artist and I asked her to do my makeup for the weddings. I'm going to do my own makeup on the Mehendi and Sangeet but the other three days I want to get someone else to do it (It's not exactly the best idea to do your own wedding makeup). She's sucha a doll, she said she'll do it for free since we've known each other our whole lives and even worked together at one point. Yay I love free stuffBig smileBig smile!

After that I went to meet Dino and the groomsmen (plus the ring barrier). They were picking out their suits and tux. They already picked which ones they were going to get, Dino just wanted me to see them and make sure they were good. At the Catholic wedding Dino is going to wear a black 2 piece Ralph Lauren tuxedo with a white shirt and black bow tie. I find it so cute that he's actually going to wear a bow tie because normally he hates them (I'm not a big fan eitherStern Smile) but he said since it's our wedding day he'll give it a chance because tuxedos are meant to be worn with bow tiesSmile. The groomsmen are going to wear black Ralph Lauren suits with a white shirt and turquoise tie to match the bridesmaids. The ring barrier is going to get his suit made because they couldn't find one they liked for him. It's going to be like the suits for the groomsmen, black suit, white shirt and turquoise tie. That should be done sometime next monthSmile

Dino's tux

Groomsmen's suit

I'm so proud of my guysStar, all I did was look at them and give them thumbs up, and they did a great jobStarStar! The groomsmen are going to be Dino's bestest friend ever, Prem (Roshni's hubby) and cousin. Dino decided Prem and Calvin (Dino's best friend) were going to be his groomsmen before I even mentioned anything about wedding stuff. Then when I had 3 bridesmaids Prem kind of went through a little dilemma. He didn't have a third groomsman and didn't know who to choose, finally yesterday (Feb. 6th) he said Alex (his cousin on his mom's side) was going to be the third one. Then he picked Suhaan (Roshni+Prem's 3 year old son) to be the ring barrier because that kid is like Dino's favorite person ever. Dino acts like they're best friends when they're together (I'm not gonna lieI kind of get jealous sometimes). Also Dino didn't want Suhaan to feel left out since his mom,dad and twin sister were going to be part for the wedding party. Now the only one left is Suri...she's my secret bridesmaidLOL It made my day when Dino called Prem and sent him a picture of the suit to get his approval (Prem's in L.A atm because of some family thing)I wasn't expecting thatLOL.

Okay so while I was with the guys Rosh called to tell me that the sarees I ordered are hereBig smile! So I  took Suhaan and met my mom at Rosh's house to check out the sarees. When I got there Rosh was in her leggings, sweatshirt and slippers. I was jealous because she got to stay home today while I was outside in the coldOuch!! Anyways the sarees are for the Mehendi/Haldi night. I don't know if it's the same for all Bengalis but I know for Bangladeshi Haldi night ("Gaye Holud") everyone gets to wear simple sarees. The bride's Jewellery made from real flowers. I remember one of my uncle's weddings,which was the best wedding ever, especially the haldi night. We, cousins (all the girls) wore the same saree (in different colours) then my mom and aunts all wore the same saree (they wore the same colour too).

That's what I want at my haldi night! All my female cousins and my best friend are going to wear the same saree red, black and white polka dot georgette saree. We had some of them custom made for my younger cousins (they're going to look so cute). My mom and aunts are going to wear a light green jamdani saree with red and flowers and border. My saree is a red, black and white printed georgette saree. I don't know if it's a bad thing wearing black to a haldi or Mehendi night but whatever I don't care, nobody stopped me. All our blouses are going to be red (Any style,as long as it's red)The sarees are going to be draped in "Bengali style".

Saree for all the girls

I wish I had a picture of the model wearing the saree but I don't. This is what I have instead

My saree

Oh and  all my male cousins are going to wear simple a "black silk kurta pajama set". My dad and uncles are wearing the samething but in white.

Another thing I love is that I don't have to worry about Dino's outfit because that's not my resposibilty. I don't even want to know what he's going to wearBig smile...I just told him to wear something simpleSmile

Seeing the sarees and the guys' suits just made me more excited about the wedding. 4 more months!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mikayla-Nikasha.Barbie3143MMBGJess.burgerchaap.Jiya.tulipbaby53

Nikasha.

IF-Dazzler

Nikasha.

Posted: 07 February 2011 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
Lovely sarees, and the suits look really nice also! Awww the ring bearer and secret bridesmaidEmbarrassedLOL

-Nikasha

.ava

.Roshni.

Goldie

.Roshni.

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Yesterday Suhaan was telling Prem about going shopping with the guys that day. He feels so important because he got to hang out with guys,especially DinoLOL

.ava

Post Reply New Post

Go to top