Fashion and Beauty

~*~My Wedding Journal~*~(Thank You! pg 17) (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 19

.Roshni.

Goldie

.Roshni.

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
I can't get over how beautiful your dress and ring are. I'm so proud of myself...I helped pick out the dressLOLLOLLOL. Oh guess what?? I know what the engraving on your wedding band says (Dino told me) BUT I can't tell you (I promisedTongue)LOLLOLLOLLOL. I can't wait for the parties to start...especially the mehendi and receptionBig smileBig smile 

Love you beebeeTongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.avaBarbie3143

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~*~My Wedding Journal~*~(Thank You! pg 17) (Page 4)" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Reine

IF-Rockerz

Reine

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 5:12am | IP Logged
aww this is awesome! You're gonna have 3 types of weddings that too within 5 days! 
Good Luck! I hope you get to enjoy all the days!! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.ava

.Jiya.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Jiya.

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
@Ava:
Oh yeah, mendhi, haldi nights are always sooooooo fun!!
ive always enjoyed going to a Mendhi/Haldi.
i know i have agesss to go Tongue ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page. but im super excited when i have...
my 'own' mendhi night.. being bengi ive always enjoyed that function then any other nights!!
and i also LOVE the outfits people decide to wear on their mendhi the.. bride, the guests and  close family...thats what i take notice of, what they wear and how they wear it. LOL ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.
Dont worry your making sense. LOL ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.LOL ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

Jiyaa :) xx

Edited by .Jiya. - 13 January 2011 at 9:23pm

.ava

.ava

Goldie

.ava

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
Going to Toronto,Ontario for some wedding stuff! Figured I'll just update before I leaveSmile

~*~January 7th, 2010: Colour scheme? Check! Flower girl & bridesmaids dresses? Check!~*~

Before picking out the dresses we had to decide on a theme! After spending some time looking at a bunch of colors we finally chose a theme. Turquoise and white with fresh red roses! It was great because turquoise is one of my favorite colours and Dino loves it too! Also on our first date (as official bf/gf) I wore a turquoise dress and Dino gave me red rosesEmbarrassed. While discussing themes that came up and Dino said he liked the way the two looked togetherBig smile.

Choosing bridesmaids and a flower girl was actually very easy for me! My flower girl is going to be Roshni's older daughter, Suhana, who's 3 years oldSmile. I'm not going to have a maid of honor and Dino's not going to have a best man. The people we picked to be our bridemaids &groomsmen are all our bestfriendsTongue.We're just going to have groomsmen and bridesmaids. My three bridesmaids are Soha (my best friend/room mate atm. No joke I've known her my whole lifeLOL?our moms became best friends in high school and still areBig smile),Roshni (my favorite cousin/one of my best friends) and Diya (my little sister?actually my one and only sisterLOL).

Before getting the bridesmaids and flower girl dresses we originally planned on picking out the Lehenga and Saree for me (For the other 2 weddings) but I can't find any that I really like(that's why I'm going to Toronto.). Since we couldn't find any we just thought about moving on and looking for the other things. 

So theme is picked, bridesmaids and flower girl picked?next is getting their dresses! The flower girl's dress is:    
  • Sleeveless taffeta and tulle tea-length dress 
  • Taffeta flowers at shoulder   
  • Ruched cummerbund waistband with triple flower and bow accent at center back       
  • Full skirt with pick-up front       
  • Carriage back       
  • Ruffled layered tulle inset

The dress is white and to fit the theme the waistband, flowers and bow are going to be changed to turquoise.

Dresses for the bridesmaids are:

• Asymmetrical sweetheart neckline
  • One shoulder strap with floral trim
  • Pleated bodice
  • Back zip closure
  • silk chiffon

They're a teal now so they're going to make the same dress but in turquoise (a few shades lighter)

Edited by avantika_greco - 13 January 2011 at 9:37pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mikayla-.Roshni.ReineSex.DirectionJess..Jiya.burgerchaaptulipbaby53

.Roshni.

Goldie

.Roshni.

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 4:41pm | IP Logged

Eeep seeing the dresses makes me more excitedTongue I can't wait to see the dresses in the actual coloursSmile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.ava.Jiya.

viva_amez

viva_amez

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
love the dresses for both...ur theme is very nice and its gonna be very pretty...the flower girl's dress is too adorable....

.ava

.ava

Goldie

.ava

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 10:03pm | IP Logged

I'm backkkkkkk home!!!!!(well I've been home since like 6pmLOL) I didn't realize how much I missed home until I usually got home and saw Soha (My bestfriend/room mateBig smile) and Button (My puppyTongue) sitting on the sofa watching Charlie St. CloudSmile.

~*~January 15th, 2011: Our 2nd wedding outfits.~*~

I thought finding my wedding gown was going to be hard…but I was wrongOuch; I found that in two days. It was hard finding my lehenga and saree for the wedding and reception. We went to a bunch of stores looking a bridal lehengas and sarees but there are always something wrong with them. Either they looked too outdated, I didn't like the colour or style, they were way too heavy or way too simple. Some stores I only spent a few minutes in them because I didn't like the attitude of the sales people (jerks!Angry). I got really upset about not finding what I wanted and that was the first problem we had in our wedding planningThumbs Down.

I thought about getting them custom made but then I realized that first I'm going to have to find a really good tailor. I remembered  when Roshni designed her brother and sister-in-law's wedding reception outfits. She gave the material and everything to the seamstress and when she went back to check things out she saw NOTHING WAS READYAngryAngry. They ended up having to go buy the outfits. I didn't want that to happen to me too. I couldn't have them made in India or Bangladesh because who would go? (I wouldn't be able to) and what if they mess up the measurements? I wouldn't be able to go and tell them to fix it. It would just be a hassleThumbs Down.

Out of nowhere,one day my sister suggested we go to Toronto to see if there's anything I like. My mom agreed because Toronto has more Indian clothing stores then Montreal so I was bound to find something I likeSmile. My mom told Dino's mom so that way we can all go and pick out mine and Dino's outfits. I was excited to go wedding shopping in Toronto(It was like a mini vacation) We all managed to take off from work for a few days and Diya (my sister) convinced my mom into letting her miss school for a few days to be able to go to Toronto. We left on Jan 13th (Thursday) and got back on Jan 17th (Monday).

OMFG the trip there was crazy. We drove there (it's 6 hour drive but with Dino's driving it was more like 5 hoursLOL). Our moms wouldn't shut upOuch! They talked the whole time!!! Diya was dying because she was sitting in the back with them (+ She was in the middleLOL). Dino wanted to kill his mom at the end of the tripLOL. Every time he was about to  talk to me his mom would start talking to me. It was too funnyLOL I don't know it was a coincidence or she was doing it on purpose but it was driving him insane lmaoLOLLOLLOL.

On our first shopping day we ended up seeing things we saw beforeOuch (which got me pretty annoyed!). The second day was a successBig smileBig smile! We only went to two stores and I found something I liked. I tried it on it was perfect It didn't weight a gazillion pounds (Thank God!),it was pretty and everyone had smiles on the face when they saw me in it! The only change being made is the fitting; it's kind of loose so it has to be fitted.

The Lehenga (lmao I just copy pasted this, couldn't remember all the details)

•     Cream lehenga adorned with intricate floral patterns embellished with sequins stones, zardosi, beads and stones. Accentuated with velvet floral appliqus
  • Border features a patch decorated with floral patterns embellished with stones, zardosi, beads and kundan
  •   Matching choli in cream, ends just below the bust
  • Dupatta is in maroon  featuring floral motifs embellished with bugle beads, zardosi and stones

The sales person helping us told us there was a sherwani that would look great with this lehenga so obviously Dino tried it on. He looked amazing!!!! His mom looked so happy and kind of sad in-a-way to see him wearing a wedding sherwani.

His sherwani is (Also copy pasted this)

•   Gold/Cream Banaras brocade sherwani 
  • Adorning the collars, front panel and cuffs embellished with sequins, beads and embroidery
  • Maroon bottoms

So glad we found our outfits for our 2nd wedding day (The Hindu Wedding). I know I could've waited awhile to find the lehenga & saree because I'm sure new stock will come to those stores I went to in time for the wedding. However I didn't want to have to panic about the outfits. that's why I'm getting those over with.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mikayla-ReineSex.DirectionJess..Jiya.burgerchaaptulipbaby53

Nikasha.

IF-Dazzler

Nikasha.

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
The lehnga and sherwani look gorgeous! I've been reading this silently, but this is honestly so exciting to read! Keep posting and keeping us updated :D Good luck with your three weddings!

Just out of curiosity, what does Dino look like?

-Nikasha 

.ava

Post Reply New Post

Go to top