Fashion and Beauty

India-Forums

Fashion and Beauty
Fashion and Beauty

~*~My Wedding Journal~*~(Thank You! pg 17) (Page 14)

fammma Goldie
fammma
fammma

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 3:51am | IP Logged
aww...love the suit, esp the black sherwani

My hubby wore mojris like the second one in your pics too...and they look lovely coz they go with the image of the suit so nicely....

Bringing back lovely memories for me!!

Love it!!! xxx

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.ava.Jiya.

Madiha. IF-Dazzler
Madiha.
Madiha.

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Thanks for replying .
All the sngeet things are simply gorgeous... your gonna loomk  stunnin in that sari

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.ava

.ava Goldie
.ava
.ava

Posted: 21 March 2011 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
@Nikasha: Dino always looks sexy...the black sherwani is just adds to itWinkLOL

~*~March 21st, 2011: Centerpieces~*~

Last time when Soha and I went to the florist we picked out the flowers. That's all we did, we didn't even discuss the centerpieces. Today Dino and I had had an appointment with the florist to pick out the centerpieces and other flower arrangements.

So I went to work for like 2 hours (Ok maybe it was more than 2 hours…it was 3 hours lol). Then I met Dino at the florist's. Since she already knew what flowers we were using she already made some arrangements and we just had to pick the one we liked the best.

She showed us 4 different ones. The first was a tall vase full of Lilies and Roses. The second was treasure chest with Lilies and Roses (it was filled with petals and a few actual flowers on top). The third was a bunch of white candles (different sizes) surrounded by Lily and Rose petals. The last one was a circular mirror with a bowl (it was like a fish bowl but shorter and wider) with floating tea lights (candles) and there were Lily and Rose petals surrounding the bowl.

I didn't like the first one because I don't know about you guys but I don't like when I'm trying to talk to someone and there's something in the way. If we chose that one then that would've been in the way of people trying to have a conversation across the table. The second was nice because it tied in with our invitations. However we were already going to have treasure chests on the table as a wedding favour (One of each person's plate so they can put the candy from the candy buffet in and take it home.). That's why we didn't want that one. The third was I really likes because I have a thing for candles and flower petals, they're just so romantic (especially together). However when I was the forth one I LOVED that one, I really like floating candles and there were flower petals too so that was great. The mirror just made it look WOW. It was perfect because it wasn't huge that it's going to take up too much space, it was tall so it's wasn't in the way of people talking. Dino and I just really liked the forth one so we picked that one. The florist is also going to add turquoise rhinestones around the rim of the bowls so it will go with the theme.

The only other flower arrangements we had to take about were the flowers at the venues of the weddings. At the Catholic wedding the only flowers going to be there are the ones with the wedding party is carrying (Flower girl's flowers, bouquets and boutonnires) as well as the flower petals on the ground. We don't want flowers all over the place who there are going to be flower petals on the floor where Dino and I will be standing (And well the petals that the flower girl throws on the aisle)

At the Hindu wedding everything is going to be set up on a "stage" (I guess that's what you would call it). There are going to be four pillars with a "tent/roof". The whole thing is going to be white. The pillars are going to be wrapped around with turquoise chiffon fabric. The florist is somehow going to stick red roses onto that fabric. I don't remember what she said about how she's going to stick them…oops lol

So we're done with flowers!

So far we have:

Wedding gown

Bridesmaids' dresses

Flower girl dress

Tuxedo

Groomsmen suits

Ring Bearer suit (Omg did I mention Suhaan/Hamster looked sooooo cute when he tried it on?!)

Lehenga (Wedding+Reception)

Sarees (plus other outfits my whole family's wearing at the Mehendi)

Lehenga Saree (Sangeet)

Dino's sherwanis

Shoes

Jewellery (Including wedding bands)

Makeup Artist+Hairstylist (My bff's friend is a hairdresser/stylist so he's doing my hair)

Video guy

Photographer

Florist

Invitations

Caterer

Desserts (including cake)

Wedding favour

DJ

Those are the things I can remember from the top of my headSmile. Don't remember if there are other things done, need to check the detailed list I haveSmile

We still have a bunch of things. The bridesmaids and groomsmen are going to wear whatever they want to the Sangeet,Hindu wedding and Reception. Those three days I want them to be able to wear whatever they want. They're my wedding party mainly for the Catholic weddingTongue After that they're still my wedding party but I don't want to have to tell them "Here we all liked this so this is your outfit for____" they should be aloud to wear what they want (As long as it's "appropriate" for the occasion)Tongue

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

illustrious**Kaylyn.Roshni.Nikasha..Selena-Lauren.MMBGBarbie3143.Jiya.burgerchaapJess.

Kaylyn Senior Member
Kaylyn
Kaylyn

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
Oh,I didn't realize how many things we actually had done! A couple more months Myaaa!! Btw I think you should write a post dedicated to me. You can write about how much you love me,how you think I'm the best sister anyone could ever have and how much I think you suck at baseball on the WiiBig smile IloveyoustinkyLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Roshni.Nikasha.Barbie3143

.Roshni. Goldie
.Roshni.
.Roshni.

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
omg in exactly 2 months it's your wedding day #1Big smile 

We still need to:

Have a trial for you hairstyles
Seating plan for the reception
Book a limo (omg, that's going to be hard since so many places are booked cuz of prom)
Pick dinnerware/glassware+decorations
Get place cards+ table numbers
Buy the "mother of the bride"+ "father of the bride" outfits for the Catholic wedding
You need to work on your vows!!!!
Everyone needs to work on their speeches
Have our fittings
Buy a guestbook+pen
Buy the cake knife
You need your "Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue"
Book an M.C.
Buy your gift for Dino and vice versa

I'm pretty sure that's it (oh and we have some last minute errands). We can get those done in 2 monthsBig smile oh wait did you guys book your honeymoon? no you didn't, you guys only talked about it,right? Anyways you guys need to book your honeymoon!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Kaylyn.avaBarbie3143

kewlchick90 Senior Member
kewlchick90
kewlchick90

Posted: 29 March 2011 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
Hi everyone:)

WOW! So I've been reading your wedding diary (that's not creepy at all LOL) and thought I'd finally comment!

You are very organized with everything and I love the three wedding idea! All the outfits and jewelry sound amazing!

You're on top of your game!Clap good job!

Just thought I would give my opinion as well:)

-Amuu

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.ava.Jiya.

.ava Goldie
.ava
.ava

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 6:58pm | IP Logged

@Diya: Umm how about NO?Smile

@Rosh: Beebee I love you.

@Amuu: Thank youBig smile

~*~March 27th, 2011: Makeup Trial!~*~

Had my first makeup trial and it was so much fun. I love makeup and it love it more when someone puts it on me (all I have to do is sit there lol). So having a makeup trial for the weddings was fun and just the best.

My bridesmaids and I went to the trial together and we also took Ella, Dino's sister with us. That girl is brutally honest (sadly) so if she doesn't like what you're wearing then she's not going to lie and say you look good, instead she's going to tell you that you don't look nice and that you should change immediately. I knew two things might happen if she goes with me. She was the perfect person to go with me because we ended up with great looks! This trial was focused just on me; we have another one next week, focusing on the bridesmaids.

The makeup artist is doing our makeup for the Catholic wedding, Hindu wedding and Reception. I'm doing my own makeup for the Mehendi and Sangeet.

For the catholic wedding I wanted to have red lips. I love wearing red lips because I feel so glamorous and beautiful. So these are the things that are going on my face on that day.

Face Primer: Foundation Primer - Oil Free

Foundation: Laura Mercier Silk Crme Foundation

Concealer: Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

Setting Powder: Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion

Eyeshadow: MAC "All That Glitters" (Beige w/gold pearl-Veluxe Pearl. Lid + Crease+ Lower lash line) and "Brule" (Soft creamy-beige-Satin. Highlight).

Eyeliner: Sephora Waterproof Smoky Cream Liner "Must Have" (Matte black. On upper lash line and waterline)

Brow Gel: Anastasia Brow Gel (Clear)

Mascara: Lancome HYPNSE DRAMA Instant Full Body Volume "Excessive Black" and Dior DiorShow Black Out "Kohl Black 099" (One coat of each)

Blush: Tarte Cheek Stain "Doll Face" (sheer soft pink shimmer/ strawberries & cream scented)

Lip liner: MAC Lip Pencil "Redd"

Lipstick: MAC "Russian Red"

Lip Sealer: Lip Chic Lipstick Sealer (This makes sure the lipstick doesn't bleed/feather. It's amazing)

I love this look! I told the makeup artist I wanted simple eyeshadow and she did a good job! I don't like lip liners because sometimes it can look ugly  if it's not worn with the right lipstick. That's why my lovely makeup artist filled my lips with the lip liner then put the lipstick over it (That way it's not visible and the colour is more vibrant)

For the Hindu wedding the lip liner, lipstick, blush, and eyeshadow are different. Everything else is the same.

Eyeshadow: MAC "Goldmine" (Intense gold with shimmer-Frost. Lid + Lower lash line). "Black Black" pigment (Flat, rich black-Matte. Inner crease + inner v). "Rose" pigment (Rose w/ copper sparkle-Frost. Outer crease + outer v + lower lash line)."Shroom" (Soft beige with shimmer-Satin. Highlight)

Blush: Tarte Cheek Stain "Tickled" (sheer peachy red/ peach scented)

Lip Liner: Bite Beauty High Pigment Matte Pencil "Bouquet" (peachy pink)

Lipstick: Bite Beauty Luminous Crme Lipstick "Bouquet"

The matte black eyeshadow made a great balance. With it my eyelidss don't look like a disco ball lol.

Again for the reception everything for the eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick is different. Oh and instead of mascara I'm wearing fake lashes. Also instead of lip liner I'm wearing a lip stain

Eyeshadow: MAC "Brash & Bold" pigment (Bright magenta. Lid). MAKE UP FOR EVER Glitters "Red 7" (bright metallic berry red. Looks more like magenta. Over "Brash & Bold on lid. Used Too Faced Glitter Glue to apply). "Carbon" (Intense black-Matte. Inner crease + V + tiny bit on lower lash line). "Pink Venus" (Washed pink-Lustre. Outer crease). "Vanilla" (Peachy-ivory with reflects-Velvet. Highlight)

Lash Adhesive: Duo Eyelash Adhesive

Lashes: Ardell 160 Black (Natural)

Blush: Tarte Cheek Stain "Tipsy" (sheer coral-pink with a hint of white shimmer/ apricot scented)

Lip Stain: Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Tint "Joy" (Peach)

Lipstick: MAC "Crme d'Nude" (Pale muted peach beige-Cremesheen)

I like the eye makeup for this one because it's not something I would wear to any party. Like it's something I would do just for one day. When the makeup artist told me what she was going to do then showed me the colours I was like Ermm. However when she put it on I loved it because it wasn't as intense as I thought it would be. She put the colours on lightly so I didn't look like a freakLOL

The makeup artist made me keep each 'look' on for an hour. To see if I like the way it felt and looked after some time. Even though I had so much makeup on it didn't feel like it Smile and Ella (+the others) said you couldn't tell I had so many layers on makeup on. Like you could tell I had makeup on (obviouslyLOL) but it didn't look caked onBig smile! My next trial is going to be in April and then a week before the wedding.

I wish I had pictures to show you guys, we took some on Diya's camera but I accidently deleted them while uploadingOuch. Luckily the makeup artist has her own pictures she took. I just have the list of products she used for each look. Now I'm excited for my trial with the hair stylist!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikasha.MMBGburgerchaap.Jiya.

kewlchick90 Senior Member
kewlchick90
kewlchick90

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
oohh make-up trials!

Takes me back to my prom days when I went to get mine done.
Sounds like you had tons of fun and it's good that you left it on for about an hour each...it's needs to look fresh on your big day(s) lol!

aren't you stressed about any of the planning? lol
you seem calm, cool and collected!

Go to top