Fashion and Beauty

India-Forums

Fashion and Beauty
Fashion and Beauty

~*~My Wedding Journal~*~(Thank You! pg 17) (Page 10)

-Mikayla- Senior Member
-Mikayla-
-Mikayla-

Posted: 26 February 2011 at 11:34am | IP Logged
@Avantika_Greco: Haha, you're lucky you have someone to put all your stress on!WinkLOL Yeah, I didn't really think I would be able to move away from Mtl but England is actually not that bad. It's better then I thought.

I like how you described the jewellery...LOL
It sounds really pretty,
oh and my bff's sister had similar "Shringar Patti"
+ Your Mom-in-law seems so sweet gifting you a ringTongue

Mikki

Nikasha. IF-Dazzler
Nikasha.
Nikasha.

Posted: 26 February 2011 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
I want pictures of this gorgeous jewelryLOL
fammma Goldie
fammma
fammma

Posted: 28 February 2011 at 5:28am | IP Logged
thats so lovelyyy....ur mum in law seems sso sweet...the main thing is for you two to get along well...i can see that happening already!!!!!!

so happy 4 u xxx
.ava Goldie
.ava
.ava

Posted: 28 February 2011 at 5:15pm | IP Logged
Thanks so much you guysTongue Yup me and my mom-in-law are super closeBig smile She means so much to me,she's always taking my side instead of Dino'sLOLLOL But it's okay cuz my mom's always taking Dino's side (sometimes it's like she doesn't like me anymoreLOL)

@Nikasha: I wish I had pictures of the jewellery but I don'tOuch 

~*~February 26th, 2011: Change in life, meeting the florist&found a DJ~*~

This day was a very emotional day for me. So…I can never keep a car for a year. I always buy a car and say "I LOVE this car, I'm going to have it for atleast a year before I sell it" 6 months later I decide I don't want it anymore. In the morning I had to wake up early (I hate waking up early) because I was selling my car. At first I was super excited because selling my car meant I get to buy a new one. However after I gave the keys to the guy and I got into my mom's car (my mom went with me) I was really sad. Now I'm either planning on getting an Audi or BMW.

I went to my parents' house for breakfast and my mom surprised me and my sister by serving us pancakes on square tiffany box inspired plates from Tiffany& Co. It was too cute and she was so excited to show us the plates. I honestly felt so bad eating off those plates. Then my mom gave us French vanilla cappuccinos in matching mugs from Tiffany& Co. I love my mom! Being their cheered me up. Button (My Yorkshire Terrier) had fun too, she was playing with my sister's puppy, Tutu (She's a Maltese)

After I left my parents' house Button and I went to my bff's condo. Amie (Soha's Yorkshire terrier) and Button had a play date! It was cute seeing them interact because Amie is 80% blind so for her it isn't that easy to interact to others. I don't if those dogs had a conversation in their dog language or anything but they seemed to like each other. Maybe they were gossiping about boy doggies. While I was there I got a call from my real estate agent reminding me I'm signing the papers for my house on Monday. I can't believe on Monday that house won't be mine anymore!

When Button and I got home I decided to put my stuff in the boxes. My cousin/Rosh's brother, Dino and a few of our friends came over to move my stuff. They took the furniture and most of my stuff to mine and Dino's new house. Then my clothes and stuff I know I'll need to my parents house. I decided I'm just going to stay at my parents' house until the wedding. I'm not staying at the new house because 1. The place is being decorated and all that. 2. it's mine and Dino's house so I don't want to move in before him. I was packing my stuff and just kept having all these flashbacks. I got my townhouse as a gift from my parents on my 19th birthday. My best friend, Soha moved in and was my room mate until last month when she got her own condo. I had my first HUGE argument with Dino in that house (We were on a break for 2 months and that's actually when I joined i-f). It's where Dino came and made everything better. It's where he gave me a promise ring and told me that someday he's going to marry me. I'm really going to miss my house.

When we were packing and moving everything the place was just so empty. Soha came over because we both had to meet the florist for the wedding. She walked into the house and started crying. When Dino came into the room he saw us both crying and the first thing he said was "Oh no...I can handle one crying but two? Wait let me get someone else!" he came back with Soha's boyfriend (he was in the other room).

After wiping our tears, fixing our clothes and acting as if nothing happened we went to see the florist.

Since the theme for the wedding is turquoise and red with red roses…obvi we picked red roses. We just needed to pick out different flowers. I was hoping I would find turquoise flowers but…I didn't. We stuck to red roses and white flowers. Then we had to pick out what kind of white flowers. The florist showed us bouquets of red roses with white orchids, red roses with white daisies, red roses with tulips and red roses with lilies. Right away I didn't like the bouquet with the daisies and the bouquet with the tulips, I love those flowers, I just didn't like the way they were in those bouquets. Soha and I honestly kept going back and forth between the lilies and orchids so we had to call for help! I called Dino and asked him lilies or orchids? He was so confused because he had no clue what I had talking about…after like 10 minutes he was like "Umm lilies are nice so I guess those" Now there the flowers at our weddings are going to be red roses and white lilies!

The bridal bouquet is going to be red roses surrounded by one row of white lilies. The bridesmaid's bouquets are going to be 6 lilies with 2 red roses in the middle. I love the bridesmaid's bouquets because they symbolize the 3 bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen with the bride and groom.The bouquet stems are going to be wrapped in white ribbon with turquoise pins. The flowers the flower girl is going to throw are red roses. She's also going to have a flower crown made from small white lilies and small red roses. The groom's boutonniere is going to be a red rose. The groomsmen boutonnieres are going to be small white lilies. (The regular ones are too big). Our ring barrier is going to wear a red rose boutonniere like the groom.

In two or three weeks we're going to the florist again to discuss centerpieces for the reception.

Also that day Dino was telling me he found a DJ! While I was with the florist,Dino was with the DJBig smile. That night I stayed at Dino's condo and he was told me the DJ is booked! Another thing to cross off our listTongue He also told me he found the perfect song for our first dance. OMG I honestly forgot all about the first danceShocked For most couples it's easy to find a song because they have "Their Song" well...Dino and I don't that so when he said he found a song it was amazing. So our first dance is going to be to "Just The Way You Are" by Bruno MarsTongue I LOVE that song,when it first came out I couldn't stop taking about itLOL 

*Ava*

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mikayla-Nikasha.ReineMMBGBarbie3143.Jiya.burgerchaapJess.

Nikasha. IF-Dazzler
Nikasha.
Nikasha.

Posted: 28 February 2011 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
Aww AvantikaHug

The flowers are gorgeous...Leaving a house you have had so many ups and downs in isn't easy...I know from experience...But it'll be great to start a new beginning with Dino in your lovely houseSmile

I wish my parents bought me a houseLOL When I get older, they want me to buy them a houseLOL

Love,
Nikasha
.Roshni. Goldie
.Roshni.
.Roshni.

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Aww Ava Hug (I'm gonna give you a real hug when I get back!)

1. Tell Mamani I want a Tiffany&Co. plate and mug too!! My b-day is in 5 months!!! LOL
2. You're not the only one with the car selling obsession...Prem wants to either sell his car or my car again (I'm probaby going to sell mine,I want a different one)
3. Omg I remember the day Mama and Mamani gave you the keys to that house...best b-day gift ever!
4. I love you beebee
Madiha. IF-Dazzler
Madiha.
Madiha.

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
Love the flowers... and nice song choice
.ava Goldie
.ava
.ava

Posted: 03 March 2011 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
 @Nikasha: LOL I was surprised getting that house. I was planning on just getting a small condo but then my dad gave me keys to a beautiful house and I was like Big smileBig smileBig smile I'm not going to lie....my parents spoil me and my sister,like hardcore spoil. But it's not like we're spolit bratty princesses,we appreciate it so I guess it's okay,right?ConfusedConfusedConfusedLOL

@Rosh: ahaha I told Mom and she said "Aww she's my baby,forget a plate and mug from Tiffany&Co,I'll buy her the whole company"LOLLOL If you're her baby then what's Diya...ohh I'm telling Diya!!LOL

~*~March 1st, 2011: Jewellery for the Reception.~*~

So I'm hopefully getting a black 2011 Audi A5 cabriolet with black leather interior *fingers crossed* I've always wanted a black convertible with beige or black leather interior!Big smileBig smile

While I was with my dad, dad-in-law and Dino car shopping, my mom and sister were jewellery shopping (which I didn't know about until laterShocked). When I called my mom to tell her I'm most likely getting that Audi (Going to find out on March 8thSmile!) she told me to meet her at the jewellery store.

When I got there the look on my mom's face was like…a fat kid who just got a lifetime supply of junk foodLOLLOL. Apparently my mom's been going to the jewellery store for a few weeks to pick out jewellery for meSmile! She told me to meet her and my sister there because she wanted to show me the jewellery she picked out for the receptionStar.

Before they showed me the jewellery, they showed me the inspiration. It's a picture of a necklace and earrings from Kiah Diamond Jewellery.

For the necklace, instead of 3 rows of diamonds, my necklace is going to have 2 rows (Got rid of the top/1st row). The stone, instead of blue it's going to be pink diamondsStar.

The earrings, the pink diamond stone is going to be on the bottom instead of the top.Both the necklace and earrings are white goldSmile

My mom also had matching bangles and maang tika made. There are 2 bangles; they're white gold and kind of thick/wide. They have white and pink diamonds randomly placed. The maang tika is just like the earrings (except it's longer and biggerTongue).

When I picked out my lehenga I told my mom I didn't want to wear a lot of jewellery because there's already a lot of work on my lehenga. I want to just wear the basic stuff. So I'm really happy with my mom's choice! I told her I just wanted a necklace, earrings and maang tika and she actually listenedShockedThumbs Up. The only rings I want to be wearing at the reception are my engagement ring and wedding band. Also I'm wearing my mangalsutra that day (btw Dino won't tell me anything about that…he says it's going to be a surpriseThumbs Down).

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mikayla-.Selena-Lauren.Nikasha.MMBGBarbie3143.Jiya.burgerchaapJess.

Go to top