Frequent Posters

.ava thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

@Diya: Umm how about NO?😊

@Rosh: Beebee I love you.

@Amuu: Thank you😃

~*~March 27th, 2011: Makeup Trial!~*~

Had my first makeup trial and it was so much fun. I love makeup and it love it more when someone puts it on me (all I have to do is sit there lol). So having a makeup trial for the weddings was fun and just the best.

My bridesmaids and I went to the trial together and we also took Ella, Dino's sister with us. That girl is brutally honest (sadly) so if she doesn't like what you're wearing then she's not going to lie and say you look good, instead she's going to tell you that you don't look nice and that you should change immediately. I knew two things might happen if she goes with me. She was the perfect person to go with me because we ended up with great looks! This trial was focused just on me; we have another one next week, focusing on the bridesmaids.

The makeup artist is doing our makeup for the Catholic wedding, Hindu wedding and Reception. I'm doing my own makeup for the Mehendi and Sangeet.

For the catholic wedding I wanted to have red lips. I love wearing red lips because I feel so glamorous and beautiful. So these are the things that are going on my face on that day.

Face Primer: Foundation Primer - Oil Free

Foundation: Laura Mercier Silk Crme Foundation

Concealer: Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

Setting Powder: Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion

Eyeshadow: MAC "All That Glitters" (Beige w/gold pearl-Veluxe Pearl. Lid + Crease+ Lower lash line) and "Brule" (Soft creamy-beige-Satin. Highlight).

Eyeliner: Sephora Waterproof Smoky Cream Liner "Must Have" (Matte black. On upper lash line and waterline)

Brow Gel: Anastasia Brow Gel (Clear)

Mascara: Lancome HYPNSE DRAMA Instant Full Body Volume "Excessive Black" and Dior DiorShow Black Out "Kohl Black 099" (One coat of each)

Blush: Tarte Cheek Stain "Doll Face" (sheer soft pink shimmer/ strawberries & cream scented)

Lip liner: MAC Lip Pencil "Redd"

Lipstick: MAC "Russian Red"

Lip Sealer: Lip Chic Lipstick Sealer (This makes sure the lipstick doesn't bleed/feather. It's amazing)

I love this look! I told the makeup artist I wanted simple eyeshadow and she did a good job! I don't like lip liners because sometimes it can look ugly  if it's not worn with the right lipstick. That's why my lovely makeup artist filled my lips with the lip liner then put the lipstick over it (That way it's not visible and the colour is more vibrant)

For the Hindu wedding the lip liner, lipstick, blush, and eyeshadow are different. Everything else is the same.

Eyeshadow: MAC "Goldmine" (Intense gold with shimmer-Frost. Lid + Lower lash line). "Black Black" pigment (Flat, rich black-Matte. Inner crease + inner v). "Rose" pigment (Rose w/ copper sparkle-Frost. Outer crease + outer v + lower lash line)."Shroom" (Soft beige with shimmer-Satin. Highlight)

Blush: Tarte Cheek Stain "Tickled" (sheer peachy red/ peach scented)

Lip Liner: Bite Beauty High Pigment Matte Pencil "Bouquet" (peachy pink)

Lipstick: Bite Beauty Luminous Crme Lipstick "Bouquet"

The matte black eyeshadow made a great balance. With it my eyelidss don't look like a disco ball lol.

Again for the reception everything for the eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick is different. Oh and instead of mascara I'm wearing fake lashes. Also instead of lip liner I'm wearing a lip stain

Eyeshadow: MAC "Brash & Bold" pigment (Bright magenta. Lid). MAKE UP FOR EVER Glitters "Red 7" (bright metallic berry red. Looks more like magenta. Over "Brash & Bold on lid. Used Too Faced Glitter Glue to apply). "Carbon" (Intense black-Matte. Inner crease + V + tiny bit on lower lash line). "Pink Venus" (Washed pink-Lustre. Outer crease). "Vanilla" (Peachy-ivory with reflects-Velvet. Highlight)

Lash Adhesive: Duo Eyelash Adhesive

Lashes: Ardell 160 Black (Natural)

Blush: Tarte Cheek Stain "Tipsy" (sheer coral-pink with a hint of white shimmer/ apricot scented)

Lip Stain: Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Tint "Joy" (Peach)

Lipstick: MAC "Crme d'Nude" (Pale muted peach beige-Cremesheen)

I like the eye makeup for this one because it's not something I would wear to any party. Like it's something I would do just for one day. When the makeup artist told me what she was going to do then showed me the colours I was like 🤔. However when she put it on I loved it because it wasn't as intense as I thought it would be. She put the colours on lightly so I didn't look like a freak😆

The makeup artist made me keep each 'look' on for an hour. To see if I like the way it felt and looked after some time. Even though I had so much makeup on it didn't feel like it 😊 and Ella (+the others) said you couldn't tell I had so many layers on makeup on. Like you could tell I had makeup on (obviously😆) but it didn't look caked on😃! My next trial is going to be in April and then a week before the wedding.

I wish I had pictures to show you guys, we took some on Diya's camera but I accidently deleted them while uploading. Luckily the makeup artist has her own pictures she took. I just have the list of products she used for each look. Now I'm excited for my trial with the hair stylist!

kewlchick90 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
oohh make-up trials!

Takes me back to my prom days when I went to get mine done.
Sounds like you had tons of fun and it's good that you left it on for about an hour each...it's needs to look fresh on your big day(s) lol!

aren't you stressed about any of the planning? lol
you seem calm, cool and collected!

Madiha. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
sounds gorgeous.esp. the red lips
missindia26 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hey Ava sorry I've got so behind on this
I'm sitting ready with a big mug of hot chocolate to read through it all and comment 😊
Wedding dress:
I loved the style!
It was really gorgeous and elegant but not too over-the-top
I especially liked the back of the dress and the embroidery...they were so pretty 😍
Weddings rings:
I loved the ones you chose..they're simple but really nice..can totally see them being worn 😊
Dates:
Wow that's brave..you're gonna be so busy but I'm sure you'll love every minute of it too 😃
It's actually well soon now, are you gettign more and more excited?
missindia26 thumbnail
Colour scheme:
I am actually in love with your colour scheme..you don't usuaully think of red and turquoise together but they complement each other really nicely 👍🏼
Clothes:
No joke, I'm jealous of your bridesmaid's, their dresses are gorgeous! 😳 And the flower girls are going to look so cute as well 😛
I absolutely love your lengha..I'm impressed that it wasn't heavy because it looks so rich and intricate..and the colour scheme is really nice too 😃
The sherwanis' really nice too and I love how it matches the lengha so well
P.S. I also loved how you were completely honest with your story...we all love exciting shopping for weddings or proms or whatever but it can be so frustrating and depressing those days when you just can't find anything right so I totally sympathise there...it all worked out in the end though 😃
-Mikayla- thumbnail
Wow,
It sounds gorgeous the way she did your makeup.😃
I like the red lips part.
Most brides wear nude lips for the reception but red lips sound nice.

Take pictures next time!😛😆
fammma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow..avantika...t sounds so great...ur going to look absolutely beautiful....your countdown has begun..

dont forget to take plenty of rest and lots of fluids...you wanna look fresh and fab and i am sure u will!!xxxx
missindia26 thumbnail
Venues and invites:
Wow your venues are stunning! 😲 And your invites are really cute too, love how unique your idea is...
Menu:
Oh my god I was like salivating! Especially at the lemon sorbet and the tortellini 😳

Barbie3143 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

well well well...i never thought ..i will go for any wedding ceremony when i get married ... i would prefer normal court marriage. because i found it really annoying  sit on the ceremony or find  the perfect dress.. trust me most of my cousins just make me so crazy when they  start  trying to plan the day... they  tried so  many things but could not find the perfect one ... at the end of the day they are like .. ok ok do it.. what ever… and trust me.. itss really really weird. …  so i decided not to go for any ceremony... though i am not gonna marry so soon.. then also i told my mom... no ceremony  on my wedding…. ... but after read your thread of journal...i am really gonna think about it again..😆...i mean I can do it.. if I start planning 😉……. But prob is that I can not sit at the same place more then an hour😆😆😆………..lol….

I luv your catholic wedding gown.. its just awesome….👏👏

The two lehenga is just too perfect……😃

Really really luv the  groom's sangeet's outfit… gonna try the  black color on my brother's wedding… your mom in low is too sweet…… ..luv the out door hindu wedding place…👏👏👏

perfect idea to wear red lipstick on the catholic wedding … ⭐️

now giv us some honeymoon's info…  he he he

@ roshni yours kids .. they are so adorable 😳…..luv your  daughter …😳😛 … now I want to see prem and you……… gosh…. Ava just relaxed  and you are  giving her so many tension… you are the perfect friend+ cousin.

-ArohaAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i just read this and this is sooo much fun to read (: i can feel you'r excietment and stress! its soo crazy!! ahh!i love weddings...to be honest this makes me wanna get married but im just 17...oh wait! i turned 18 on saturday..lol im not used to my age yet! ahh but this is soo exciting and OMG i totally understand your relationship with roshni its exactly the same with me and my cousin..like no joke! 

=D =D 

this made me think about how i would want my wedding 😆😆 which is pretty funny since i dont even have a guy but you know girls like to think 😆 anywho! im half hindu and half sikh! so im going to have 2 weddings! yipee! 😆 and just cause i love christian weddings, i think i want one of those too...haha my parents are gonne be like 😲... =D but hey! its my wedding after all..😆 ohkay i think its time for me to stop thinking about my wedding now 😆😳

butt ahh!  love how you're doing a journal, its going to stay with you forever <3 and it makes us feel like we're a part of your wedding...soo good (:
Edited by aRohAAnGeL - 13 years ago