Just read what i missed
AWWW MY I LOVEEEE EVERYTHINGS
Dress,Lengha, EVERYTHING <3

❀️
Posted: 13 years ago
love ur lehnga....ur outfits r sooo pretty
~*~January 20th, 2011: Wedding Venues~*~

The weddings are in 5 months! That meant we had to reserve venues FAST!! We started looking at different locations since the beginning of January. Now we have a set location for each wedding.

The first venue (The Italian/Catholic wedding)
For this day we wanted to stick to the traditional church wedding. We looked at about 3 different churches before deciding on one. We chose "Saint Joseph's Oratory", it's a beautiful church it's insane how many people worship that place.

The second venue (Indian/Hindu wedding)
We had kind of a hard time finding a place for this day. We weren't sure if we wanted to have the wedding at a temple or a different place. We went to a few temples and I couldn't picture myself getting married in any of them. It was interesting looking of the temples, even with a GPS we got lost (Honestly I've only been to a church or temple for weddings...never to actually pray).Then one day Dino's dad called my dad (That was  scary?no joke) and they talked for awhile. My dad said that Dino's dad suggested an outdoor wedding. I thought it was a great idea since we would be getting married at the end of May, which meant the weather would be great! The first place we went to I knew it was it. As soon as I looked around I pictured us getting married and I told Dino "This is it!" and there our parents spoke to the people in charge and blah blah blah we're getting married there! The place is called "Beaver Lake".

The third venue (Bengali/Muslim wedding & Reception)
Finding this place was hard. We went to a bunch of different hotels and there was always a problem. The seating capacity was low, they were booked or we didn't like it. Finally we went to Crowne Plaza and they gave us an option. We can either take their reception hall or the ballroom. We ended up taking the ballroom. The reception hall was nice and all but it wasn't as big as the ballroom. Also the lightening was purple-ish and apparently they couldn't change that. If my theme is turquoise and white with red roses I don't want purple lightening!!! The ballroom was the best choice for us! They're going to put the tables, chairs and the dance floor for us (obviously!).The only thing I don't like is the colour and design of the carpet but hey who cares? (Well I do but whatever lol).  This place is going to look great after I'm done with the deco?hopefully. It's Plaza Volare in Crowne Plaza.

At the time we weren't sure around how many guests were going to attending. We went to each place think that there will probably going to be around 500 people at the reception (which is possible at the ballroom we chose). Then Beaver Lake and Saint Joseph's Oratory we weren't worried about because the church can fit over 1000 people and Beaver Lake we can also fit a lot of people there.
Edited by avantika_greco - 13 years ago
All of these venues are breathtaking! Good luck :)

-Nikasha
This is so freaking awesome. This is my first time reading anyone;s wedding journal. its so awesome. Love it. Gud luck to you Avantika.

~*~January 23rd, 2011: Guest+Invitations=AHHHHHHH!!~*~

What was hardest part of planning a wedding so far? Making a guest list and picking out invitations! We've been making guest lists since December. We've been either adding people to the lists or removing people from the lists (Sadly). Everything is just so confusing!! We have three different Wedding lists, a Mehendi list and Sangeet list. There are people going to the Catholic wedding who aren't going to the Mehendi, Sangeet and Hindu wedding and vice versa. There are people only attending the reception. Our lists are literally a mess.  

I felt like I was in high school again when I didn't do an assignment and then kept putting it off. Then when I falling behind I would feel like failing everything. Yup, that's how I felt with the guest lists! I had a list but it wasn't a legit list?I kept putting it off because it was too stressful. Finally Dino and I decided to sit down with our moms and work on the guest list. And right now I can finally say we have legit guest listsπŸ˜ƒ! The Catholic and Hindu weddings are only for family and close friends. These are also the people who are most likely going to attend all the other parties (The Mehendi, Sangeet and Reception). We have about 100-150 people attending. Then the reception is for more people?our list has about 450-500 people. I didn't know we knew that many people, the list was longer but because of various reasons we cut a bunch of people off the list...

Now that the guest lists problem is done?we get to move onto the next problem (Yay!πŸ€”), the invitations (Double Yay!πŸ€”πŸ€”). First I thought it was going to be simple because you know the guest lists are ready, now we just have to send them out. But I was wrong, because now we basically have two different lists, "People attending all functions" and "people attending just reception".

Dino and I didn't want the traditional wedding card invitations so we picked box invitations. The invitations for the guests attending all the functions are going to be small white treasure chest invites. Inside the treasure chests are going to be turquoise cards with black font, with all the info (Our names, locations, dates etc.) and a bunch of red rose petals. The invitations are for the guests attending just the reception are going to be small turquoise treasure chests. Inside is going to be the same thing except inside of turquoise cards, it going to be white cards with black font.

At first we were going to get the invites to be all the same but then we didn't want to risk sending them to the wrong person by mistake so we thought of changing them up a bit. 

On Jan 23rd when we went to Dino's parents' house we didn't have anything decided (The guests lists and invitations). I think it took us 3-4 hours to just organize the lists. After that Dino's mom brought out the box of invitations we 'Okayed' a few weeks ago and picked out our invitations. I think we spent on hour or two picking out invitations. Dino and I went back to the store (where the invitations are going to be made) to return the ones we didn't chose give the people our design. Omg after we left the store I think we were both just so happy to be done with those (for now) because that was some crazy decision making.

Edited by avantika_greco - 13 years ago
wow..I am the first to comment..

I must say that is absolutely gorgeous...The idea of the box is wonderfulllll...and very pretty

Its going to be amazing for you...Love reading your journal!!
Ah you're gonna get married at Mont Royal! That's such a beautiful place! But... won't there be people lurking around? I know I wouldn't like that :P Did you guys rent the place or something of the sort? Oratoire St-Joseph is an equally beautiful place 😍
@Pianofied. : I'm guessing you live in Mtl too! Ya the idea lurkers being there kind of made me hesitate about the location.We didn't rent the whole place,just a part of it. It's going to be set up in a way that people can't like crash and sit with the guests (well I'm sure people wouldn't do that)I mean I'm pretty sure there are going to be people watching from far but that's normal for outdoor weddings. I'm not exactly sure on the details because out dads were the ones who spoke to the people in charge. I think they're going to block the area we rented so that we don't have problems with "outsiders" lol.
.Edited by avantika_greco - 13 years ago

πŸ˜† Ava remember the time when you said "lurkers" and this realllllly old man heard. He started talking to us about lurkers and how he loves to lurk...creeperπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†