~*~My Wedding Journal~*~(Thank You! pg 17)

Posted: 13 years ago

Hello Hello Hello๐Ÿ˜›

A few days ago Jiya suggested that I do a "Wedding Diary/Journal". I honestly didn't even have to think about it, it seemed like a nice,interesting and fun idea,so I agreed๐Ÿ˜› I actually told her I would start it sometimes in Febuary because I didn't think I had enought things planned. However today I was looking through my phone and I realized I have quite a few things ready! (Everytime we finish planning something I make a note on my iphone๐Ÿ˜Š). I was going to start off with the first thing I did (Look for my wedding gown) but then I realized that wasn't the first thing...the first thing was meeting my fiance!!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† 

So this is the order the "journal entries" are going to be in:
    How we met
    The proposal
    Finding the wedding gown for the Catholic wedding (pg.2)
    The wedding bands (pg.3)
    Finalising dates (pg.3) 
    Choosing a theme,getting flower girl & bridesmaids dresses (pg.4)
    Our 2nd wedding outfits (pg.4)
    Reception outfits (pg.5)
    Wedding Venues (pg.6)
    Guest Lists & Invitations (pg.6)
    Meeting the Caterers (pg.7)
    Desserts (pg.8)
    Makeup artist&more clothes (pg.8)
    Shoe shopping&booking people (pg.9)
    Jewellery shopping with future in-laws(pg.9)
    Florist&DJ (pg.10)
     Jewellery for the reception (pg.10)
    Sending out invitations & getting wedding supplies (pg.11)
     Vows & jewellery for Catholic wedding (pg.10)
     Outfits for the sangeet(pg.13)
     Centerpiece (pg.14)
     Makeup Trial (pg.14)
     Hair+other things (pg.16)
     I'm Married! (pg.17)
    Going to add to that list as I have more stuff ready๐Ÿ˜Š

~*~Ava~*~

Edited by avantika_greco - 12 years ago

~*~How We Met~*~:

The way we met also is revolved around fashion๐Ÿ˜†. I was at Abercrombie and Fitch, just shopping with my best friend. Then the manager and one of the models came up to me and offered me a job.(this is typical Abercrombie style to hire employees๐Ÿ˜†).I was 17 and working at A&F seemed like an awesome idea๐Ÿ˜ƒ. I said sure, and got a time for the interview blah blah blah. The manager left but the model stayed. He introduced himself as Dino and he was 20. Blah blah blah I got the job, we started talking (more like flirting).we went out on a few dates, I found out he was half Italian and half Indian๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ!!! (I'm 1/3Italian, 1/3Indian and 1/3 Bengali!) One day at work it was super busy, I was cranky and he randomly just came to me and whispered "Will you be my girlfriend?"๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I said yes and that just made my day, I was super happy!

2 years later, after Roshni got married and had the twins.Prem (Roshni's hubby), Dino, Rosh and I were talking one day . The guys brought up their dreams to become firefighters. Rosh and I didn't think they were actually serious. Turns out they were serious,they took courses to become firefighters. When Dino officially become a firefighter it made our relationship so much stronger. Then one day Roshni was going to the fire station and I went with her (I found out that week that Dino and Prem work in the same station). When we got there we saw them laughing and just having a good time. That meant alot to me because Prem's not only my cousin's hubby, he's also like the protective older brother I never had. He's also one of my best friends๐Ÿ˜Š. He told me that Dino is going to me the guy I marry

Prem was right because after spending 5 years with Dino...I'm going to marry him. ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›

Edited by avantika_greco - 13 years ago
OMG i love this!
I remember another member had started a wedding journal but never finished :(

Awwwh, its so cute how you guys met at work!
I had actually gotten a job offer at A&F on my 17th birthday ๐Ÿ˜†. OMG that was the best birthday gift ever haha. But they apparently don't hire 17 year olds anymore, you have to be 18 so i was recommended to Hollister instead ๐Ÿ˜†.

Awwwh, you and Dino have been together for 5 years? <3
And he's friends with Prem? That's awesome...how you all are in the same friend circle.

I cant wait till the next part! :D

Edited by Jess. - 13 years ago
Wow great idea..I really enjoyed reading the journal we had on here some time ago like Jess mentioned so I'm really excited
That story was so cute!
I'm so romantic so I was ooh-ing and aah-ing all the way through reading it
And also just want to say that yeah I agree being a firefighter is an amazing thing to do
Looking forward to the next part :)
Awww thats like the cutest how we met story I read <3
Write more fast ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Avaaa!! ๐Ÿค—

whoopiieee.. you started it early..thanks,
for agreeing and opening this topic... ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†
wow & awwwwwwww thats so cute on how you met him!!

Jess knows how much i love stories right jess ๐Ÿคฃ
so update quick..๐Ÿ˜›
now cant wait to read the next partt!! ๐Ÿ˜†

Love Jiyaa!! :)
Edited by .Jiya. - 13 years ago
Aww you're writing a wedding journal,it's cute๐Ÿ˜›. Omg I just pictured our conversation with the guys when they were talking about being firefighter๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†. Wait...does this mean I don't have to listen to you ...because now I can just come here and read it....right?๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Thanks you guys (actually girls๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†) sooooo much.
@Jess:Ya even when they offered me the job they said you have to be 18 but sometimes they make exceptions (I guess I was lucky๐Ÿ˜Š) Yup we've been together 5 years๐Ÿ˜›. Prem and Dino became friends when Prem and Rosh started going out...later it seemed like they were the couple๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†....they have ALOT in common๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

@Rosh: Pffft ya right๐Ÿ˜†

~*~November 30th,2010: He Proposed! ~*~

We were at the park for a walk, just holding hands and talking. Suddenly I saw a bunch of lit candles. It looked beautiful! Then when I looked at Dino he was on one knee. Pffft! That's not what happened at all!!!1. It was November, it was cold, there's no chance we would go for a walk. 2. Candles wouldn't stay lit since it was cold and windy 3.Dino says that's the worst way to propose,so many things could go wrong๐Ÿ˜ฒ

We were at his condo. I was bored so I asked him if I could redecorate his room. I gave him my "But it will be great practice for me" excuse so he agreed๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ. We were just talking while I was sketching some designs I made in mind. Everything was normal, he was watching t.v while I took a break from sketching, came on I-F, watched t.v. with him, texted my mom (Yup my mommy's cool๐Ÿ˜†). Then a few hours later I was sitting on the bed looking at my paint sample book trying to figure out the color to paint the walls. Then Dino dropped something on my lap. It was a ring box with a diamond ring inside. It was a beautiful. He said "I don't know I found it on the dresser...I think it's engraved, what it says?" I was still kinda confused๐Ÿ˜•, I read it and it said "Will you marry me, Tika?"(Instead if calling me Ava like everyone else, Dino calls me Tika). I was shocked๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ!! I looked at Dino and he was on one knee๐Ÿ˜ฒ, he gave the most beautiful speech ever๐Ÿ˜ƒ and then said "So Tika, you ready to spend the rest of you life with this crazy firefighter?๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ" Of course I said yes!!! I didn't get one of those filmy proposals and I'm happy! I was wearing his sweatpants & a cami with my hair in a bun and with no makeup on. While he was wearing sweatpants & was shirtless๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜›. It wasn't filmy, instead it was reality๐Ÿ˜Š.

I always said I didn't want to get married before 25. I also said I didn't want to marry a cop, soldier or firefighter because I didn't want to be scared he might die every time he goes to work. Like, it's not the same being a girlfriend of a firefighter as being a wife of a firefighter (All the wives I met worry more) Just a month before Dino proposed I told him I didn't care when I got married anymore, as long as it was with him. I spoke to Roshni about marrying a firefighter a few days after Dino proposed. She told the fear is probably never gonna go away.Her's didn't. I can't stop him and make him change careers because this is what he loves doing. She told me I should be proud because I'm going to marry a hero, a hero that saves people from fires๐Ÿ˜ƒ

So here I am, 22 years old and planning my wedding with a firefighter I love more than anything. ๐Ÿ˜›

Edited by avantika_greco - 13 years ago
Awww! How cute <3
All the best and congrats โค๏ธ

Omg avaa!! that is so freaking cuteeee!!!!
That is such a cute 'proposal' out the blue, i can imagine the biggest smile on any girls
face when that question is popped. wow!!
and yeah your marrying a hero be happy, its rather cute and you should be proud!!
awwwwwwww...

Excited for the next part ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by .Jiya. - 13 years ago