Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2
Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2

KMH2: A fairy tale?

Du_Nish Goldie
Du_Nish
Du_Nish

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:05pm | IP Logged

Hello Fiddas de Mohabbat,

I thought to write a general topic about 'Is Kitani Mohabbat Hai Season 2' a fairy tale?

First and foremost, one needs to understand the true meaning of what is a fairy tale and for that thanks wikipedia to give  really good description on what is a fairy tale:

Quoted:

'' Fairy tales typically feature such folkloric characters as fairies, goblins, elves, trolls, dwarves, giants or gnomes, and usually magic or enchantments. However, only a small number of the stories thus designatFed explicitly refer to fairies. The stories may nonetheless be distinguished from other folk narratives such as legends (which generally involve belief in the veracity of the events described)and explicitly moral tales, including beast fables.

In less technical contexts, the term is also used to describe something blessed with unusual happiness, as in "fairy tale ending" (a happy ending) or "fairy tale romance" (though not all fairy tales end happily). Colloquially, a "fairy tale" or "fairy story" can also mean any far-fetched story or tall tale.

In cultures where demons and witches are perceived as real, fairy tales may merge into legends, where the narrative is perceived both by teller and hearers as being grounded in historical truth. However, unlike legends and epics, they usually do not contain more than superficial references to religion and actual places, people, and events; they take place once upon a time rather than in actual times.'' (Quote end)

Generally speaking:
Fairy tales are not fictitious stories, they have been proved that they have ancient origin. The most famous one is the story of Cindrella and the actual movie also was done. Similarly it is said for Snow White and the 7 dwarfs had a continuation after the wedding where actually she had to keep hiding from her step mother and the step mother tried to harm the prince and her children.The real story of Snow White ends where she is an old lady, with the successful death of the Prince by the Step Mother who was the witch and she learned to fight for herself and children. Ofcourse because fairy tales were one time only associated with child, there was the conception of happy ending but the original fairy tale as it attached folkloric values had a realistic ending.

In this sense we can say that even Romeo and Juliet was a fairy tale romance where everything happened in enchantement and the death of the lovers actually elevates and end the feud.

Coming to the scenario: Kitani Mohabbat Hai Season 2 but before, let's go to our childhood:

What are the special ingredients to make a fairy tale? Let's everyone goes and remembers their favourite fairy tale:
What was there?
My favourite was The Beauty and The Beast, Oh I am totally in love till now with the story, Let's recall what was there in the story and let me drop on mine:

There was a beautiful simple young girl who went to pluck flowers because her father is returning home and she wanted to decorate the home and make her father happy.

It was raining and she saw a garden of beautiful roses near a castle, after walking in the forest, she started plucking roses while singing when she was taken aback by the beast.

The beast who was like a monster but then looking at the gentle sweet innocent lady, he did not burst into anger, when the girl told her why she is plucking the flower, with difficulty he opened and said she can but he asked her to come everyday that the girl started as a fulfilled promise and the friendship developed between the beast and the beauty and slowly the beast melt in the fragrance of the young girl who is very gentle to her. Anger in him vanish and soften and soften and the fond continues to grow and grow until the beast is really in love with beauty and asked her to kiss him.

Beauty was taken aback for thinking how to kiss a beast that hurt the beast and when realised she hurt him and she can't see him hurt, she agreed to kiss him. One passionate kiss turn the beast to a young handsome prince that now the beauty is taken aback.

There the prince talked about the curse he got from the old lady because of his arrogance attitude and he knew Beauty will come to liberate him but does no when. He admitted that he changed from the arrogant man to the kind hearted man and this time the beauty was taken aback because he is a Prince and she is the simple young girl but the Prince convince his love for her and how much he holds her, they marry and in my childhood book,ended they 'lived happily ever after.'

I continued to love this story because the same fairy tale that when as I child  I was thinking  with how the beauty can kiss a monster, was she not hurtROFL. As child the thought continued is a kiss magicalROFLROFL where the beast turned a prince and in the other story the frog turned a prince too ROFLROFLROFL Okay guys, I was not that crazy of going to experience it ROFLROFL but then I grew up in young teen,loving the french interpretation of the story and understood here, ''she kissed him because she does not want him to hurt. He always made her happy and then what's in a kiss if that is the way to make him happy.''Big smile And further till I reach my badge of old teensROFL I realised the complete different picture of the story, that 'the beast was perceived by others as a monster but he was a soft and the best man the beauty met. the beast was really caring to the beauty,always make sure in every little detail of how she can be happy. Love is not on physical appearance but on the beauty of mind. The taken aback of the beauty at first because she was not prepared but then she kissed him selflessly because the love they share were beyond what was seen.''

A fairy tale where there is no fairy but there is a witch and still there is a journey where one changes,all background in medevial time and there is a change on one nature out of love and that was all set in a journey of long aloofness before the transformation starts in the journey of love.  The witch was not constantly present, it was the past and the present was the outcome of the machiavel curse but justified that the prince was guilty and time play the role in terms of waiting to the person to liberate him from the penance. In the time of aloofness,there has been regret and the growing of the beast as he had to succumb everything and how the change come by his lifepartner, he did not explode but melt and all the pain and penance was flown in the sweet innocence and lovely girl who is bringing fragrance in him and in his home that turned to be a home when the girl comes to it and how love transgress eveything.
Heart

Let's go to Kitani Mohabbat Hai Season 2:

Mohabbatians, will you agree with me that the theme in KMH2 carries most of the flavour of our favourite fairy tale? Like mine, It can be easily see Arjun as the character of the beast, the girl is Arjun, their deserted home was the forest cottage scene and how  Monster Arjun is melting like the beast in the sweet innocence of the Beauy Arohi.

I will continue to the fairy tale justification from going back to the first episode:

The introduction of the main leads, where both of them were given first introduction by other persons were exactly as the entry of 'the prince or/and the princess.'

Then it continues with the start of jovial atmosphere of a wedding - adding the folkloric value - here was pure punjabi value

Then the character of Arohi itself that is described with full of innocence and Arjun as the 'lonely nice' guy.

It continues on how 'the string of fate' make them meet and where one was already attracted to the other (Arohi was already attracted from start - even in the pure sense of hatred and still)

'The string of fate' becomes a character that of the astrologer who has already given the frame of how the story to be but the way it will end there rests with the characters and time.'

''Then we get the very first fairy tale touch in the sense of how it is shown in the show - the ball dance scene - where  everyone had fairy likes entry.''

''Strings of fate'' make them to meet in the raw way and a love story started where all the positive fairy features were seen, where they shared actually the moment of their life and in there were hearers (shef,billu and makhu) of the stories.''

However in the pages of story, it does not always go in the chirpy way, the 'bad element' must come, where here comes as ''misunderstanding'' ''a new born evil character borns out of jealousy and is spiteful.''

''It has to happen to see the extent of change of the one's nature that is melting.''

As any other fairy tale, there are characters that help the main characters, from the 'dwarves in snow white' to the 'fairy godmother' in Cindrella,
''the string of fate'' is creating a gang ''to be the angels and let the love story flows smoothly, having the ace entry of a raw character that can shape the way it must goes.''

''Today's episode ended that the ''monster'' has really melted selflessly that is holding his belle  with the invisible hand, waiting the right time for his beauty, to come to him.''

Rest is to see how they will continue the 'fairy tale' flow but KMH can be definitely classed as ''fairy tale.''

As it is a reel show, the 'fairy tale' feel is even if I complain at times but well blend with the background setting of the show and the background music. Even the violin theme adds the dramatic feel.

That's it from me! Always welcome to read your views!

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

garvitaarora-anzaeram-gemini1217Love14Ayesha_glaangelina285PraniisecretkeeperkavyasamAnjalii...xXxMariaa.SGwidashibz.Jane..

ana.khan Goldie
ana.khan
ana.khan

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 4:38am | IP Logged
OMG..........good work yaar......infact luved reading it....thxxx alot......

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Du_Nish

Mariaa.SG IF-Sizzlerz
Mariaa.SG
Mariaa.SG

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 6:03am | IP Logged
Superb Post Yaar Clap Thank You Very Muuch For This 

Du_Nish

Pranii IF-Dazzler
Pranii
Pranii

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 10:42am | IP Logged
wow! beautiful post Nisha di, and soo true. our KMH2 is really a fairy tale then :D even KMH1. By the way, my favorite fairy tale is Cnderella and i didnt know EverAfter was a true story until u wrote. thanks for that :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Du_Nishkavyasam

angelina285 IF-Dazzler
angelina285
angelina285

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 11:03am | IP Logged
gr8 post yaar..
loved reading it.

Du_Nish

.Jane.. IF-Stunnerz
.Jane..
.Jane..

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
Gosh, Nisha. You're amazing! I never saw KMH2 as a fairytale but you more or less convinced me that it is one! Wow! How can you write like this? Hats off!Clap

Du_Nish

kavyasam IF-Rockerz
kavyasam
kavyasam

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
I got nothing else to say.   Beautiful post ClapClap

"Mohabbatians, will you agree with me that the theme in KMH2 carries most of the flavour of our favourite fairy tale? Like mine, It can be easily see Arjun as the character of the beast, the girl is Arjun, their deserted home was the forest cottage scene and how  Monster Arjun is melting like the beast in the sweet innocence of the Beauy Arohi. "

ClapClap again.  The cottage scene was the  first glimpse of arjun actually getting attracted to her.  I had even written a poem that time for that episode, where when she falls drunk on him , he holds her and gazes at her and gently tucks a lock behind her ear :

na jaane kya bhaya mujhe
                       hont, zulfe ya tera ye nasha
                       huyi achanak dil mein hulchul
                       ki ankhe bani jubaan

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-anzaeram-Du_Nishshibz

.Jane.. IF-Stunnerz
.Jane..
.Jane..

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
@kavya: I'm so sorry I can't access your thread for some reasonCry

kavyasam

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index