Feet of Clay - a tale of metamorphosis - Page 5

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by Sidda8

Vista, thanks for your second link. I also enjoyed this post and it seemed as if I was seeing the scene again. I can even hear the bg song for that scene.😃 I never thought that Avi might have berated himself for thinking so low of Arpi but it makes sense. He had to realize the fault of his doubt and then he made the decision to fight all odds to save and retrieve his love.

Hey Sidda🤗,

As we all know, ODB (our dear boy😳) is, to put it mildly, a bit impulsive😉. My reading of his reaction to the revelation that Arpi was getting married was that he immediately jumped to the conclusion that she had been simply toying with him and was not serious about him. Then, when he reads the letter and comes to know the entire story, he is most angry with himself for having doubted her in the first place. Come to think of it, the contrast could not have been starker. Here was a girl from a closed, traditional society who was brave enough to pay the ultimate sacrifice for her love and here was the Bahubali who had retreated at the first indication of adversity, and doubted her pure love.

Hope this makes sense😳

I had written another piece on Arpi, let me know if you are interested.

Vista

Originally posted by _nandini

Hey Vista🤗

Wooow this is awesome 👏👏 What an amazing  n vivid word-painting of Avi's character. Wonderfully perceived and expressed Avi's present frame of mind. To be honest, had been waiting to read ur POV on the whole scenario after all these nerve-wrackling scenes. And like Mony said, it was an eye-opener😃

These lines in bold are so magical, "a new Devta of Lallanpur: with the clay feet having been forged into those of 24 karat gold." The current circumstances have shook Avi and shattered him completely. So a change in his perspectives n actions, from this point, is for sure. Though i love to see the persona he has in Lallanpur n dont want any such reformation in him which wud alter him into a common man. I wud still want to see him as the same King of Lallanpur, but yes as u said, not with his clay feets, but as a Dignified person, with feets of Gold.

Thank u for this Brilliant write-up 😃
Lovvved it 😳

Oh dear Nandini, thank you so much. I had been waiting for your comment😊

Worry not, our Bhayyaji will not lose his essence, it will just be tempered with some brain activityEmbarrassed

Bahubali will be back, but in a more thoughtful avatar.

Bolo Bajrang Bali ki Jai!!!!

😆😆😆😆
Originally posted by chatterbox

and i thought ihad clicked like already.. looks like click power is missing  hehee

feet of clay is ur title

u know when i saw avdesh returning to haveli all broken and dejected at not being able to  save his love, his arpita the focus was on his feet. he was just dragging himself to his room hardly able to move. and at that time i had something of these words in my head. it was as if some heavy thing has tied his feet.
and contrast was arpi hardly able to get up and walk from all those beatings..

avdesh brain is like remote controlled by his bhabi and as mentioned by dreamy  there is a tie or bond btwn them which came from all those yrs back. and its not easy to snap that hence avdesh lets her take all the decisions. but now he is going to change that soon..

the transformation has begun and ihad said in one other post someplace his transformation wud be painful for him and painful for us to see but the end result wud be beautiful..

coming days we would see how avdesh uses his brain nudged by shikha at his side
priority is to get arpita back and care for her
second is get back his mental and physical strength and use it for good of world again.
third is to punish all the wrong doers of the society which make living place a hell and then no gunahon ka devta wud be born. ever again

ok  i think i did enough bak bak now my brain wont be able to say more

Thank you CB🤗

Hope u get rid of the remanents of the headache soon.

What perfect connection you have made with "feet of clay" and "dragging heavy feet", 👍🏼👏
though that is not how I originally meant to use the phrase. I meant it more in a sense of weakness, his persona and personality being that of "God" in the all-powerful sense and then discovering that his feet were made of clay.  But your analogy makes great sense😃

@bold: yes there is that connection between Avi and BJ, forged by a set of extraordinary, violent events all those years back. But you will have to agree these current set of developments rank right up there in terms of the mental and physical trauma suffered by Arpi and Avi. I think these are powerful enough to break that link and forge new, more enduring and permanent connections.

Luv ya,

Vista

Originally posted by Vistaa

Oh dear Nandini, thank you so much. I had been waiting for your comment😊
Really 😲😃😃 Thank u 😳 Given to speak on u and ur write-ups, i can go on n on n on😳😆 I've always said tht u'l find me standing at the first position in ur BIG fan list.😃😃 

Worry not, our Bhayyaji will not lose his essence, it will just be tempered with some brain activity😳 Eagerly waiting for the day when he wud start to use his brains😕😆

Bahubali will be back, but in a more thoughtful avatar.
Some ghee n sugar for u to tell this 😃

Bolo Bajrang Bali ki Jai!!!!
Jai Bajrang Bali ki !!!! 😆😆😆
😆😆😆😆
ok vista hv to ans this before i go

what u said and what i said together both make big sense in  term feet of clay

i used in literal sense when  avdesh was walking back to his room with heavy heart burdened with his failure to protect his love.  and hence the focus was on his feet as he slowly dragged them to his room.

a bahubali who saves entire lallanpur cudnt save his own wife from hell.

so this is where ur meaning comes in

burdened by guilt and failure his feet had sort of turned into clay

now me go went gone

Originally posted by _nandini

Let's see how things unfold in today's Maha epiConfused

Originally posted by chatterbox

ok vista hv to ans this before i go

what u said and what i said together both make big sense in  term feet of clay

i used in literal sense when  avdesh was walking back to his room with heavy heart burdened with his failure to protect his love.  and hence the focus was on his feet as he slowly dragged them to his room.

a bahubali who saves entire lallanpur cudnt save his own wife from hell.

so this is where ur meaning comes in

burdened by guilt and failure his feet had sort of turned into clay

now me go went gone

Yes, perfect sense. Take care CB and rest well. 😊😊

Originally posted by Vistaa

Hey Sidda🤗,

As we all know, ODB (our dear boy😳) is, to put it mildly, a bit impulsive😉. My reading of his reaction to the revelation that Arpi was getting married was that he immediately jumped to the conclusion that she had been simply toying with him and was not serious about him. Then, when he reads the letter and comes to know the entire story, he is most angry with himself for having doubted her in the first place. Come to think of it, the contrast could not have been starker. Here was a girl from a closed, traditional society who was brave enough to pay the ultimate sacrifice for her love and here was the Bahubali who had retreated at the first indication of adversity, and doubted her pure love.

Hope this makes sense😳

I had written another piece on Arpi, let me know if you are interested.

Vista

I see your point now Vista, I think was staring at Avi's eyes more than his expression so I didn't see his shame for doubting a girl that loved him so much to give up her life. His eyes are just so beautiful, you can kind of get distracted. Also, I would love to read the other piece on Arpi. Being a kid I have no experience in love, I just know from books and movies so I don't see things as clearly. Everything is a secondary source and not a primary one. BTW thanks for your lovely posts.

Aww Sidda sweetie, I had forgotten, you're probably the youngest member on the forum😊 will need to be careful around you😉.........not that we are naughty really😃

Here is the link to Arpi's story...it is kind of a background story to explain where she is coming from......entirely my imagination, so don't think it was part of the show. Just felt like embellishing her background a bit😳

Vista

P.s. : Tell me more about his eyes😉

Edited by Vistaa - 13 years ago
Thanks Vista for Arpi's story. It seems as if it was all true and that Arpi had fallen in love with Avi just at one glance.  Arpi had fallen for Avi because he respected women and she loves him ever more for fighting to protect them. Today, she had no respect for RV for the way he treated her and Ammaji, she was probably seeing her father in RV and she shouted at him for being a heartless beast and monster. I am glad that the bold and tough Arpi is finally coming out. Even with all the pain she is able to state her thoughts up front. She is bhayyaiji's wife and thus pain is nothing when she sees something unjust. RV had just broke her patience when he caused Ammaji to fall on the ground and beg his feet for forgiveness and mercy. Arpi felt disgusted with RV's act and I'm betting if she wasn't handcuffed and tied up with a rope, she would have grabbed RV's shirt and demanded him to give forgiveness.

Oh, about Avi's eyes. Well we all know that he has amazing looking eyes that compel at girls to look at him. I love his eyes, they are so expressive and we don't need any words to know how he is feeling. He had fallen in love with Arpi with just an eyelock and that was all they wanted to have. To just continue looking at each other and admire each other's beauty. I actually started watching GKD after I saw Avita's eyelock when Avi saved Arpi from drowning. I practically went into dream world and came back when there were more Avita scenes. His eyes just say soo much and its difficult to resist looking at them. No wonder Arpi fell head over heels for Avi, he has the best looking eyes ever (in my opinion, anyways). It doesn't matter if Avi is happy, surprised, upset, angry, worried, or annoyed; his eyes are always magnificent.