India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Strange support base (Page 2)

infinity00 IF-Rockerz
infinity00
infinity00

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 3:25am | IP Logged
 I agree with Tanu, I am not a fan of Sushant as I dont have Zee in my house, dont really know him , I am Ragini,s die hard fan but realistically I know she have very very minute chance of winning not because of lack of talent, oh no she is very hard working and talented , she will not give up but as Sushant is a perfect dancer and have got a huge fan base so it does not leave any chance for any any one. I think the copetition is between the fan base of Sushant and Slamaan( and he is not even a contestant!!), who gets more votes, as far as the dance is concern I enjoy what I see , so really doesnt matter. The day Ragini would leave the show , thats the end for me as I dont know and dont care about anyone else. It looks like its going to be soon .

Edited by venture - 08 January 2011 at 3:26am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sohrobArmu4eva

blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

^actually I agree with you about thatWink

and yeah here we have 4 soap superstars whereas JDJ S1-2 there was only Mona and Prachi respectively...and Sushant has another edge here...he's the only male star amongst these female superstars

Actually no....in season 1 there were 3 soap actors: Mona, Sveta Salve (who was doing Left Right Left, a youth craze back then) and Akashdeep Saigal (who was quite popular those days). And Mona's serial had already ended 4 months before JDJ started. In season 2, apart from Prachi there were two other popular soap actors, and they were male: Ronit Roy and Jay Bhanushali.  So the gender bias thing, at least, does not always apply. It is a combination of who is more hard-working, evolves more during the season, maintains a clean image and does not throw tantrums. By these standards, Sushant still has the highest chances but so do Ankita, Ragini and Mahi. I wouldn't rule out Daya or Chang either. Yana didn't have a clean image before she joined but people seem to care more for Salman that Yana, anyway.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tani91

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Season 1 Mona improved her dancing skills & techniques the most...Not having any dancing back ground or training compared to Shweta Salve..

Same thing season 2 Prachi was also most improved..Jay and another popular serial artist was in finale..

Baichung not only improved but his overall personality was very good...Gauhar, HardKaur were also good dancers that season..

Sushant, Anki, Yana, Ragini has greater chances of making it if they keep improving...I also think Daya has a good chance if he works really hard...
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

BTW Ajnu Gauhar may be a better dancer but was  a huge drama queen and not very nice...And Hardkaur was good dancer too...I think HK won right...cant recall...

Gauhar was a total B, Varsha di! I could not stand her constant tantrums on the show - God how much I hated her constant tears. Having said that, its also true that she was a VERY graceful dancer. If she had a good personality to match it, she'd have my support. Hard Kaur and Savio were great together - very enjoyable! My favorite choreographer last season was Sonia. Although Baichung could not dance properly, Sonia was amazing. I always have soft corners for the choreographers instead of the celebs. It was Sonia last year and Salman this year. A great choreographer can make anyone look good on the dance floor -that's the true mark of a great choreographer, in my opinion.
Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

BTW Ajnu Gauhar may be a better dancer but was  a huge drama queen and not very nice...And Hardkaur was good dancer too...I think HK won right...cant recall...

Gauhar was a total B, Varsha di! I could not stand her constant tantrums on the show - God how much I hated her constant tears. Having said that, its also true that she was a VERY graceful dancer. If she had a good personality to match it, she'd have my support. Hard Kaur and Savio were great together - very enjoyable! My favorite choreographer last season was Sonia. Although Baichung could not dance properly, Sonia was amazing. I always have soft corners for the choreographers instead of the celebs. It was Sonia last year and Salman this year. A great choreographer can make anyone look good on the dance floor -that's the true mark of a great choreographer, in my opinion.

Totally agree...Sonia last yr with BB was simply amazing...

I wish they did not make DID contestants the choreographers...I know they all need experience and chances but Jay assigned to Renuka what a waste of his talent when he has the most yrs under his belt being a choreographer dancer compared to Vrushali & Salman...

Vrushali was disappointing as choreographer in LM...Along with Mayuresh...

Salman Is good for sure this yr...Shampa I never  knew of but apparently many are raving abt her...I have not seen all the episodes so cant really say...
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 12:59pm | IP Logged

Totally agree...Sonia last yr with BB was simply amazing...

I wish they did not make DID contestants the choreographers...I know they all need experience and chances but Jay assigned to Renuka what a waste of his talent when he has the most yrs under his belt being a choreographer dancer compared to Vrushali & Salman...

Vrushali was disappointing as choreographer in LM...Along with Mayuresh...

Salman Is good for sure this yr...Shampa I never  knew of but apparently many are raving abt her...I have not seen all the episodes so cant really say...

Shampa is also a great choreographer, di. But I have a feeling that although the choreography is her's, the concepts are Sushant's - so I'm not sure how great she is independently. Salman however is clearly responsible for the performances concepts and choreography because it doesn't seem to me that Yana actively participates in coming up with ideas for the performance.

I didn't watch DID 1, so I really don't know about these contestants. I do feel that Jai was eliminated way too early and I'm sure he must be great - I am hoping that they will do some choreographer shuffling before the wildcard and he'll be back. I feel that Punit wouldn't have been a good choreographer - I don't think he has enough experience for that. His one performance with Anushka was pretty weak.

I also don't like the idea of having DID contestants as choreographers because it changes voting patterns because of the choreographers' fan base.

Dabulls23

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 5:59pm | IP Logged
@ Woh Ajnabee: (The stranger) LOL

Yeah, the concepts used in the performances, as of now, seem to have come from brainy boy Sushant (a budding director and writer, actually- he's written and is directing 3 short films)- but apart from that also Shampa is a good choreo. She is Terence's assistant, and even though I haven't followed DID properly, I have been told that many of the best acts were choreographed by her. I think Sushant-Shampa are just lucky to have got each other- they sort of complement each other and bring out the best in each other.

I agree with your point that the chorographers fan base affect voting patterns. However what I liked in JDJ 4 was that the popular DID choreos have been given to comparatively less popular folks--- yana, daya, renuka, anushka. The highly popular celebs were given not-popular choreos-- sushant, ankita, ragini, shekhar, mahi and akhil.

That is somewhat fair, right? It balances out the popularity equation in some way.

I also agree to your point about Sonia where you said that a good choreo can make a weak dancer look good. She capitalised on his agility on the football field. Precisely that is why I believe that the other choreos should tap the hidden potential of their dancers too. Then even if they are not trained, they can go on to do very well.

--Rachna--

--Rachna-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Rachna--
--Rachna--

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 6:23pm | IP Logged
Niki, your posts are fun to read Big smile Keep it up Thumbs Up I agree with everything you said!

nikitagmc

Go to top