India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Strange support base

kaushikbasu IF-Rockerz
kaushikbasu
kaushikbasu

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 9:34am | IP Logged
I have been following JDJ regularly since last season. I have seen much more euphoria about the mnale contastants than the equally popular female contastants any reasons for that? This season there is much more vocal support for Sushant than almost equally popular Ankita from the same serial and arguably even more popular Ragini. Now people might argue it is beause he is more capable dancers than the rest, but last year also I found maximum support for Bhichung and Karan Singh Grover inspite of them not being the best of dancers. Any specific reasons for that?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

blytonArushiBS

burgerchaap IF-Sizzlerz
burgerchaap
burgerchaap

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Fan base, that's all.
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:10am | IP Logged
How about the fact that there are more girls on the forum and most of them are straight so ladkon ke ilaawa unko koi aur dekhta hi nahi hai! LOL

But you are right- last season Gauhar was the best dancer amongst the three finalists but she had the least fans on the forum. It just goes to show that popularity is not stemming only from dancing talent as it is supposed to, but that other factors also play a large role in voting patterns.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

poo_s-monica-blytonnikitagmcArushiBSnami2811-Hoor-nycsweetieDabulls23

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
dunno about last year but yeah this is like this in EVERY reality show.....primary viewership is of females...mostly teenagers...so votes will go for the hottie...but in this case Sushant deserves every bit of it because he's a fab dancer

I posted this in the other topic as well...in JDJ season 1-2 Mona and Prachi won.....with them being the soap queens of their respective seasons...judging by that trend the same should be happening with Ragini,Ankita and Mahi who have very high rated shows and are very popular among the masses of TV audiences..???

-monica-blyton

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Female love male and they vote not only for talent but other stuff especially teeniboppers Embarrassed

While male viewers may watch but will not waste their time money or energy in voting for female contestant...

Reality fact of life...Bas...Big smile

BTW Ajnu Gauhar may be a better dancer but was  a huge drama queen and not very nice...And Hardkaur was good dancer too...I think HK won right...cant recall...

Edited by Dabulls23 - 07 January 2011 at 11:39pm

Armu4evaIts_Sash

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
@Varsha Di:

HK didn't win, Baichung Bhutia won.

@Tani91: Yes, Mona and Prachi won bcos of the combination of popularity and good dancing (not necessarily the best).

Plus Mona and Prachi were the strongest in their seasons in terms of popularity.

This time its sushant, anki, ragini, mahi who are strongest in terms of popularity, yana too, but that is bcos of salman.

Amongst these, sushant and yana are leading the pack where fans are concerned cos of this combo- good dancing+ popularity

Add to it that Sushant is a mixture of good looks, cuteness, modesty, good acting etc etc. lethal combination as malaika said it.

And we girls, who form the majority of the voting crowd tend to vote more for this 'lethal combination' Wink

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evaCuteCherry-monica-Tani91

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
^actually I agree with you about thatWink

and yeah here we have 4 soap superstars whereas JDJ S1-2 there was only Mona and Prachi respectively...and Sushant has another edge here...he's the only male star amongst these female superstars

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-monica-

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:13am | IP Logged
Dunno about other seasons...but this season..Sushant is the best.. i m myself a diehard Ragini Fan..but Sushant n his flawless dancing makes me swoon ..... so rock on Sushi... luv u...n u indeed are the BEST!!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-monica-

Go to top