Balika Vadhu

Maybe there is some good to this story?

cloudz thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
So I know I complained and I have seen others too that this show while claiming to show the evils of Bal Vivaah often forgot that aspect with the whole cute anandi-jag love story.
I mean in spite of all the meanness of her dadi-in-law (which is standard in any tv serial anyway) anandi got support from her parents-in-law etc and was all about being at her sasural
and to me that was a put off...didn't show what she missed out on and how child marriage and her giving up on her education had affected her life
Also, when J & A grew up, their sappy love story could lead to people thinking - oh see, they got married as children and they're so happy together

By now showing J not quite committed to A, embarrassed of his marital status and not being able to relate to an uneducated A, they are finally showing the evils of a relationship that starts at a time when neither spouse has the maturity to understand it

So while it's a put off to see J forgetting his wife, perhaps its a good social lesson?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neha_K thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
it's true that small town buddies r always fascinated by the high profile life... that's what present jagya's story of cheating his wife his showing the ill-effect of such situations!

ppl also say that jagya is fascinated to gauri is just bcuz of forced relationship with anandi, i say not only victims of child marriage do this... even well-educated, metro ppl too sometimes fall for second partner at same time! but as they r showing it as ill effect of child-marriage... ok!!

but one thing what i can't digest that earlier v witness the die-hard love saga of mature JaAn, n now jagya just don't care!! how ridiculous!!! 😑
divmath thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Neha_K

it's true that small town buddies r always fascinated by the high profile life... that's what present jagya's story of cheating his wife his showing the ill-effect of such situations!

ppl also say that jagya is fascinated to gauri is just bcuz of forced relationship with anandi, i say not only victims of child marriage do this... even well-educated, metro ppl too sometimes fall for second partner at same time! but as they r showing it as ill effect of child-marriage... ok!!

but one thing what i can't digest that earlier v witness the die-hard love saga of mature JaAn, n now jagya just don't care!! how ridiculous!!! 😑

@Bold - They were not and are still not "Mature" to understand the intricacies of Marriage and Relationships ! They are just 18 year old's and I dont think at that age anyone can handle marriage and long term commitments with maturity ! That is why mostly normal people get married after 24 or 25 ! I am totally against infidelity..but given the circumstances and age..I dont see anything wrong in Jagya falling for another girl..Its a natural process which any 18 year old boy would feel when exposed to new life and choices..till date he was confined to his haveli and small village...he was under the scanner of daadisa and his family and was told that Anandi is his wife...and since they grew up together they formed a bond....but now when he has got a chance to see the world..and when he compares his world back in village to the new life in the city...why blame him if he choses city life over village...after all one has the freedom to live as he/she wants...I would have blamed Jagya if he was married to Anandi at a normal age and then cheated on her...that would have been totally wrong....but for now I wouldnt say he is wrong, neither is he completely right ! he is just "Normal"..I dont see any reason to spew venom at him or hate him, when what he is going through is a completely natural phenomena which all teenagers experience at a certain age.... (Disclaimer: IMO)
Neha_K thumbnail

sorry for using the word 'mature' instead 'grown-up'! my mistake! πŸ˜†

n i don't agree with the age bar in love! but if jagya wasn't serious with anandi, then there's nothing to say about it! i've seen many serious teenage loves, so i won't go with this logic, but i too agree that jagya's cases is so so so common in our society!!

Honestly, I don't watch this show for Jagya and Anandi. They look no special to me now. Despite several loopholes in the storyline, the recent twist implies that the Creatives are trying to pull up their socks.
The inclination of the story towards Anandi's interference in social causes or Jagya's attraction towards her college friend looks promising. It can give rise to a sturdy apologue provided they are dealt creatively. The previous episode was a break from its everyday melodrama. Like the comedy revolving around Dadi sa's breakdown on watching Dabaang's Munni intead of Devi Maa. Also Jagya getting closer to Gauri seems normal in every aspect. Jagya an aspiring modern day geek finds Gauri sexy and Anandi homely in respect to the attitudes the either's potray. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall in love with her and giving a heart break to Anandi. The moral learn't meanwhile will be worth the drama entailed.
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: psychoboblehead

Honestly, I don't watch this show for Jagya and Anandi. They look no special to me now. Despite several loopholes in the storyline, the recent twist implies that the Creatives are trying to pull up their socks.
The inclination of the story towards Anandi's interference in social causes or Jagya's attraction towards her college friend looks promising. It can give rise to a sturdy apologue provided they are dealt creatively. The previous episode was a break from its everyday melodrama. Like the comedy revolving around Dadi sa's breakdown on watching Dabaang's Munni intead of Devi Maa. Also Jagya getting closer to Gauri seems normal in every aspect. Jagya an aspiring modern day geek finds Gauri sexy and Anandi homely in respect to the attitudes the either's potray. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall in love with her and giving a heart break to Anandi. The moral learn't meanwhile will be worth the drama entailed.

Very good pointsπŸ‘πŸΌ............but my problem is that if the CV's did follow the moral path and the message that would be a lesson well shown.  I have serious doubts as to whether they will do that and eventually we will probably see them reverting to drama and a typical love story ending.πŸ˜”

I sincerely hope that I am proved wrong................as long as they handle issues sensitively.

However, it seems to me that a channel showing several episodes of fighting against breaking a marriage despite Jagya and Anandi being children will now show post leap a completely contradictory message. I do not say that what is happening to Jagya is not normal........my question is whether the channel will show normality and take the chance of incurring the wrath of Anandi fans and viewers who cannot accept this as normal.
Edited by groucho - 13 years ago
Neha_K thumbnail
jagya's behaviour is normal or not, but it's definitely normal that ppl who  are fascinated with their fav tv character will go upset if they watch them doing wrong or if anything wrong happens with them.... that's so natural for sure!!
ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Nice topic..

Even though the show claims to show some social  message they havent shwn even a bit.. They did get a girl married at a tender age, they did send her to her sasuraal, they did make a girl below 18yrs age pregnant, they did make a girl leave her studies so where is the message?? Nothing..

But there is a point that they are showing all realistic incidents.. All thet they show does happen in India. Be it the bal vivaah, non educated girls and so on and the latest being is the village boy jagya longing to be modern and falling for a much educated and modern girl like Gauri when he always wanted Anandi to be like that which she always refused...

Its not a social message but showing real lives.
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ammoos

Nice topic..

Even though the show claims to show some social  message they havent shwn even a bit.. They did get a girl married at a tender age, they did send her to her sasuraal, they did make a girl below 18yrs age pregnant, they did make a girl leave her studies so where is the message?? Nothing..

But there is a point that they are showing all realistic incidents.. All thet they show does happen in India. Be it the bal vivaah, non educated girls and so on and the latest being is the village boy jagya longing to be modern and falling for a much educated and modern girl like Gauri when he always wanted Anandi to be like that which she always refused...

Its not a social message but showing real lives.

well said uma...the show has never really given any social message per se..it ran on the sentiments of the public for the tiny anandi..anyways,wid jagya falling for gauri,the show is now on track according to me..let anandi grow up and kick this relationship and do sumthng for her own life now..tho am sure we will have umpteen episodes of crying and moping first..
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: anu rulz

well said uma...the show has never really given any social message per se..it ran on the sentiments of the public for the tiny anandi..anyways,wid jagya falling for gauri,the show is now on track according to me..let anandi grow up and kick this relationship and do sumthng for her own life now..tho am sure we will have umpteen episodes of crying and moping first..

Frankly, I am hoping BOLD does not happen........or else the tide will turn in favour of Jagya and Gauri.

I think Anandi who has been sprouting wisdom for a while now should handle it in a clever (her sort of cleverness if she can), and sensitive manner as she did all those years ago when she was so young.

Whilst I agree the most foolish decision Anandi ever made was to give up her studies...........I am not sure I agree about her refusing to be modern in her outlook. One cannot expect a girl with her upbringing suddenly becoming charmed with western clothes. I think time might have changed that after all she did pick up the habit of making tea as they do in the cities............so there I feel maybe we might have been a bit hard on her.I just think it was the endless scenes of her doing mundane housework that has got so many of us fed up........what a waste of talent to sweep, cook and massage when she could have been studying

Once we know how Dadisa is going to react to Dabangg, I would like to see Anandi cajoling Dadisa into letting her study instead of teaching..............anyway I still cannot figure out how that happened............strange that Dadisa would allow her beendni to teach and not learnπŸ˜•πŸ˜•

But you are right we will definitely see crying..................Sumitra for a starter.....
Edited by groucho - 13 years ago