Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

MayankNupur. One-shot! Just The Way You Are.

havokhotline Goldie
havokhotline
havokhotline

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 6:43am | IP Logged

Author's note:

This is written from both Mayank's and Nupur's POV. I just haven't mentioned that. You should be able to figure it our for yourself.

Happy reading !

__

He was that boy at the college. The one that all the girls drool over and the one that all the guys are jealous of. His grades were soaring, his body stunning and his smile? Oh, boy. It was trouble with a capital T. He was charming, elusive and quite the gentleman. Love him, hate him, but hell, he's still going to be there.

I was his girlfriend, and a very proud one at that. I was always by his side, always helping him through his difficult times. It was only our second year of college, after all. He was an epitome of perfection. I couldn't live without him. She likes looking at him and touching him whenever she can. He is just so perfect that she wants to make sure that he really is real and he is all hers.

Together with him, my sister and her boyfriend, and my cousins of course, we formed a clique. An inseperable one.

Me and him. Him and me. We were one, we are.

__

I loved her. There was nothing more, nothing less. She was beauty described in every possible way. Just her laugh could make me fantasize for minutes together. We both knew how different we were but that didn't change anything about our love for each other. Neither of us were sure when we had started loving each other. It just happened like that. Although she was the sappy one, I knew. It was my destiny. To be with her. Forever.

__

FINAL YEAR : COLLEGE.

It was around mid-September when I noticed the sudden changes in him. It wasn't anything too major, I just began noticing that he smiled a lot lesser and that he wasn't coping up to his usual grades too much. As expected, I was really really confused. I thought he was just having some mood swings and that he would get to me sooner or later anyway.

But it didn't turn out that way.

__

I was getting uncomfortable with her.. Her kisses, her hugs, her touches.I wasn't a really touchy-feely person myself. And when my Mom had passed away, It was like that affectionate part of me had died with her. 

She had never been so touchy feely before but all of a sudden, I started feeling suffocated. I didn't want to tell her and break her heart, neither did I want her to know. So I kept quiet about it but tried dodging the hugs and kisses.

__

I was at our annual college party, looking out for him. I was so excited, It was unbelievable, now to think of it. I couldn't wait to see his expressions, his smile.

I saw him sitting alone in a classroom from a distance. I went through the crowd and almost into the room when I noticed that he was talking to my sister's boyfriend. It must have been something serious, because I was the worry on his face. I just wanted to kiss him, to make the pain go away. I saw my sister's boyfriend talking to him, concern evident on his face as well. He said, "Where's your other half? I haven't seen her since she got here."

My boyfriend drew in a painful sigh, and said "I don't know, dude," he says. "I'm just trying to stay away from her for a little while. She's just too clingy. I can't even walk for five seconds without her hugging me or touching me. It's getting irritating."

After hearing this, all she could think was, "Oh."

Her heart was pounding, breaking. She could feel it constricting. She stood rooted to the spot and listened.

Her sister's boyfriend said, "What the hell dude? She's perfect! And she loves you! Why are you saying all this? What's going on with you, huh? You hurt her and I'll punch you, she's like family to me! Is this because of your mom--"

My boyfriend cut him off angrily, telling him to shut up.

As I moved away to hide my tears, my sister's boyfriend spotted me. I gestured to him, begging him not to say a word. He silently nodded.

I walked. Like a ghost, away from the party.

I was broken.

__

The party was on full swing! And I knew I was drunk. I was having a helluva lot of fun! I suddenly noticed that she wasn't there.

I looked around for a while and then shrugged, she must have left. Her sister says she did. Then the drinks were passed around, and then I had forgotten about her.

__

He doesn't hear from her all of the weekend. He's too hung over to call her. For him, it's nice to have a little break sometimes.

__

She tells her sister everything that happens and says that she still loves him. She says she does not want to break up with him. And that she'll just try to be less…clingy.

Her sister argues that that is not right. He must accept her for who she is and if he doesn't then he doesn't deserve her.

But she argues that she does not want to lose him. And that she will do anything just so she can keep him.

It's selfish, she knows. But this is love.

___

Monday comes along, and he goes to her house to pick her up for school. Her cousins tell him that she'll come with them and that he can go. He nods politely and leaves. Not seeing her for two days has made him miss her. He just goes to school without her.

He enters school and she's by her locker, looking so perfect.This is the right moment where she should run into his arms and he should kiss her senseless. He jogs up to her.

__

He was jogging up to me and by instinct, I wanted to kiss him. But I remembered what he had said and instead opted for a less clingy way. I waved my hand pathetically and said, "Hey."

But she doesn't do any of that. Instead, she opts for the less clingy way. "Hey," she says with a pathetic wave of her hand.

And that is how both of their days start.

She still sits next to him at lunch and in their one class together.

But she doesn't touch him. Not even once.

Even if she badly wants to.

He doesn't even notice anything's going on. He doesn't even ask why she wasn't at the party.

She thinks he must be really sick of her.

When the school finishes, he does not get the chance to see her.

__

Tuesday rolls by and the same thing happens. He comes to her house to find out she's already left. Today, he's disappointed. He sees her at school and she waves at him again. He comes up to her and says, "What? Where's my hug baby?" She says, lamely "Sorry, I forgot."

She hugs him but he frowns. She never forgets his hugs, ever.

At lunch he starts noticing her odd behavior only because her arm is brushing his. He feels a familiar tingling sensation.

He realizes how long it's been since she last kissed him. And he suddenly wants to kiss her right then and there.

But he doesn't.

She starts feeling depressed. Her arm is brushing his. She is doing this on purpose to gauge a reaction from him. To tease him. But he doesn't do anything.

She thinks that maybe he really does not want her.

At lunch, they are both invited to a party. He asks her if she wants to go.

She declines the offer but tells him that he can still go if he wants.

He nods and turns to his friends to accept the invitation.

__

At the party, he can't stop thinking about her. He just can't.

He's not having fun at all. She's occupying his mind.

He leaves without even saying hello to the host.

__

The next morning, he picks her up. He begins to notice that she rarely hugs him anymore. Or kisses him. He kind of misses it. He notices that she is distant and phased out.

He misses her.

__

"I'm scared." He says to his best friend. "I feel like she's slipping away from me, we're getting more distant."

"Scared of what?" his best friend asks.

"I feel like she wants to break up with me and I don't want her to," he tells him.

"What do you mean? I thought you guys already talked," his best friend says.

"Talked about what?" he questions.

"She didn't tell you, did she?" his best friend asks after sighing.

He can only shake his head as he grows more and more confused what his best friend is talking about.

"God, you're both idiots. Especially you. This is all mainly your fault." Then his best friend finally tells him everything.

After hearing the story, he feels like crying.

__

She's been hurting. After a week, her arms are aching to hug him, to touch him, to feel him. But she can't.

She's been holding back. And she's not sure she can do it anymore.

She knows, that he was just too perfect to be all hers.

He was pure gold. She wasn't even breaching on copper.

__

She is sitting by her bed when he barges in.

He kneels in front of her and buries his head on her lap. "I'm sorry. I want you. I want you back," he sobs.

She feels tears on her jeans. She is not sure what they mean but she does not like seeing him like this.

She strokes his hair and tries to soothe him.

When he is calm, they talk.

He says he is sorry for everything and that her wants her. All of her. He likes her for who she is; he does not want her to change. He is stupid for thinking that she is too clingy. He regrets all the words he said before.

She can't help but cry too.

He said that not because he doesn't like her touching him—he's a guy and just like any other guy, he likes physical attention. He loves it. He loves her touches, her hugs and her kisses.

It just became too much, too scary for him. But now he realizes that nothing is scarier than losing her in his life. Although he can't promise that it'll never be too much or too scary for him again, she knows that he'll try. And that's what matters.

"I love you," they both say at the same time after everything has been said.

And after a very long time, he cups her face and kisses her.

__

Read and review?

I know this is very angsty, but it was like a challenge for me, to see If I could right like this. :D

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

drkhoobsooratmangaloriansupriyamnfan-Aiza-sowmyap03Neith007x.Heena.xneha2607-PD-

sreevijayan IF-Rockerz
sreevijayan
sreevijayan

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 9:43am | IP Logged
awesome os dear............
-Aiza- Senior Member
-Aiza-
-Aiza-

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged
nice one
Desi_angel90 Groupbie
Desi_angel90
Desi_angel90

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:48am | IP Logged
You are such an amazing writer!!!!! I have read some of your stories but somehow you did not complete them. Therefore  I am verrrryyyy happy with this OS :D Keep up the good work my dear...
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top