Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

CV's ultimate stroke of grace for our beloved LTL? (Page 6)

lizdarcy Senior Member
lizdarcy
lizdarcy

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Lovely post Kavita! Especially loved the third bit wherein you've described LTL so beautifully! But it has also saddened me immensely. Somehow there's this sense of finality in most of our posts these days. That's why i'm not writing much. The sadness is creeping in, and i've been trying to distract myself.

I found the idea of Naku going to the police ridiculous, but when the police asked the very same question i had in mind, i realized it was done on purpose. She knows no other way now. I suppose she'll set out searching for him next. I hope she finds him soon, as soon as he finds time to forgive Seema. I am just waiting for their union now. And him shooting Kala. Sigh. When it comes to LTL, I'll keep my hope alive till the last moment. I must say, i found the drama interesting today. Esp the part where the people come baying for Dutta's killer's blood. I loved Kala's expression. I bet she didn't see that coming! She's losing her touch, and her nerve. I really want to watch her downfall. But i want it at the hands of Dutta, not Naku.

May Mishal have mercy upon us poor souls.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryLaTuLakomal_w25KavitaDRWanderbugmozart66rama_2010divy609-bharti-

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:45am | IP Logged
@lizdarcy

Lovely post Kavita! Especially loved the third bit wherein you've described LTL so beautifully! But it has also saddened me immensely. Somehow there's this sense of finality in most of our posts these days. That's why i'm not writing much. The sadness is creeping in, and i've been trying to distract myself.

I found the idea of Naku going to the police ridiculous, but when the police asked the very same question i had in mind, i realized it was done on purpose. She knows no other way now. I suppose she'll set out searching for him next. I hope she finds him soon, as soon as he finds time to forgive Seema. I am just waiting for their union now. And him shooting Kala. Sigh. When it comes to LTL, I'll keep my hope alive till the last moment. I must say, i found the drama interesting today. Esp the part where the people come baying for Dutta's killer's blood. I loved Kala's expression. I bet she didn't see that coming! She's losing her touch, and her nerve. I really want to watch her downfall. But i want it at the hands of Dutta, not Naku.

May Mishal have mercy upon us poor souls.[/QUOTE]

Dear Lizzy,

Sorry for coming back so late. I will confess that I did let this impending sense of finality get to me and just wanted to run away from it all for a short while. But today is a brand new day and I will join you in wishing that we get to see what would give us a reason to smile every time we think of LTL and the sensation of adversity that we had to consider letting something that we love go.

I have often wondered how the hell I ended getting enslaved to a TV show but reality will always catch up to you, however, I will let myself believe in the fact that the battle is not over until somebody has won. And who knows what tomorrow may bring...let us face today with a smile.

Mishal may end up having mercy on us poor souls.Embarrassed

Edited by KavitaDR - 09 January 2011 at 2:47am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

komal_w25mozart66divy609

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 3:03am | IP Logged
@nizam13

@KavitaDr - Thank you for the acknowledgement.  I only wish I was more expressive like many of LTL's forum fans who have done an outstanding job with their respective threads and posts.  I will apologize, and take some responsibility for the failure of my inactions to the forum fans for not coming forward much sooner around September 2010, when I began to realize that LTL's story was beginning to disintegrate and publicly request the forum members to add more analytical threads on each and every individual character which in my opinion may have kept LTL's storyline alive and true to its original intent.  Not much I can do about this now but still hope if LTL remains alive for the next few months with MR of course, the forum members will take the opportunity to give life back to this beautiful story in the form of threads and posts wherein LTL's CVs may have the chance to redeem themselves  by using the forum fans ideas for the story and although it has been said that a TV series is for entertainment and most viewers do not need to use their brains unlike a book where one needs concentration, LTL, I viewed as so much more because of its unique storyline from the outset thus the reason for captivating this many fans and imprisoning so many hearts. It is my hopes if LTL continues for the next few months that LTL CVs, the Production House and other parties involved would seriously take all that is written on this forum and archive LTL as an Indian Television serial benchmark true to the story not as it began in December 2009 but with the introduction of Dutta, January 27th 2010.

[/QUOTE]

Dear Aneesa,

More than anything, LTL has been a boon that has brought me friends I will cherish for life. I will join you in hoping that CV's do seize the chance of redemption and keep to the original storyline after the furore that has erupted on our forum and all others we do not know about.

And do not stress about not expressing your thoughts loud and vociferous as it is never too late. Who knows what tomorrow has in store. As Lizzie said in her post above, "Mishal may take pity on us poor souls".Smile. The only condition from us, fans, would be that he does not compromise on what he believes in. We should be generous enough to let go of somebody who has brought so much joy and wonder in our lives while playing Dutta.

Edited by KavitaDR - 09 January 2011 at 6:48am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryrama_2010mozart66

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 3:16am | IP Logged
@gp00
Hey Kavita!

Loved your post.  Sorry for the delay in responding.

You raise some very interesting points in each of your sections that I would like to address:

Questions/Conclusions:
The silence issue is something I don't think we'll ever fully get to the bottom of.  I think Mishal's decision got out before he had informed LTL's brass.  And the silence is due to the channel/PH not knowing how to address the rumor and wanting to minimize the fallout of losing their star.  Perhaps they were trying to negotiate with Mishal.  I think the PH is just trying to get a handle on this and trying to quickly manage this crisis.  For some reason, I can't shake the feeling that the production house/director knew this was coming.  The director saying that LTL was about Nakusha's storyLOL...either the guy was trying to be funny or has had a total break with reality.LOL  Could it be that Mishal was looking at other options (eg Maano..., reality shows?) a bit too intently, much to their concern?  I don't know.

The story so far and when did it start going pear-shaped?
Some may get really annoyed at me for saying this but I think it addresses your point in this section.  I personally think LTL began to wilt after the Anna track.  It became pathetic to watch Nakusha's dilemma--should I, shouldn't I?  Bappa, drop the flower on one side, make my eye twitch...give me a sign because I don't know the difference between right and wrong...
I was dumbfounded at the turn of events.  We had a few months of brilliant story direction and dialogues, and then this.  I don't know if others feel this way, but I found it offensive how the Colors CVs dumbed down, slowed down the track.  I lost a lot of love and respect then. 

Convoluted and incomplete tracks
LTL at times resembled a lost tourist--not knowing where to go.  Left or right....walking down one road and then reversing direction.  It is normal to some degree, but LTL made a bad habit of it.  
Like many of you, I feel LTL had and still has so many promising tracks that had yet to be touched.  But instead, the senile Colors CVs took the easy way out and tried to squeeze out every last bit of juice it could of what they thought was the clincher for the fans:  Dutta and Naku together.  In this, they misunderstood us fans.  Yes, LTL was about Dutta and Naku, but it could have been so much more.  Damodar (forgiveness, how people can and do change for the better-- a lesson so important to Dutta) and the letter; Seema (redemption); Roops (independence, and learning to love); Badi Hasti; truth about Sriram Patil; more probing on Kala's twisted psychology.   But NO, they give us garbage.  It was insulting then and it is still insulting to me.  
I am almost 100% sure that the Colors CVs NEVER understood what made LTL special or ever understood what to do with it.  They KILLED this show months ago, Mishal leaving is the final nail in the coffin.

Selective amnesia/Stagnation

I don't think MR felt neglected; perhaps he was getting annoyed at the direction of the show or the directors (ahem)...perhaps, he just wanted out. Or maybe, just maybe, he knew he was on the Titanic, and it was time to jump off into the dark and unchartered waters...go out on top versus when your acting value is diluted by stupid tracks and twists and turns.  I don't think we'll every know. 

Final Point

For me, over time, LTL was not just about the romance between Naku and Dutta.  I wanted more from it because of the complexity of the characters (Dutta, Kala, etc).  The romance was nice, but I got over it pretty quickly.

I'm speaking for myself only when I say that LTL was destroyed by a bunch of buffoons who made bad decisions (Naku's protracted confusion and Ganesh Utsav) and then, to show at how skilled they were at making bad decisions, made MORE bad decisions to rectify the situation by going filmy and taking totally un-LTL-like twists and turns, which then drove the spirit and quality of the show down even further.  

To this day, I have such ill feelings towards Colors and its CVs for copping out and allowing this show to just fall apart for no reason.  It did not need to happen that way.  The ratings had been strong, the stories, acting, and dialogue were just right.  

To Colors, all I have to say is that you wouldn't know quality if it bit you on your bottoms.  Shame on you!  And in 2-3 years when reality TV becomes the laughing stock in the industry and its novelty wears out, I hope you learn just how low you have fallen.  Pathetic waste...

[/QUOTE]

Thank you Parul for echoing/completing my thoughts so well. We did try to sound the warning bells in the past and for once, being vindicated does not make me a happy person. Should Mishal have taken the decision to leave for all the right reasons, as far as he is concerned, then let us respect the professional artist. The CVs have really crossed the limits of acceptance and the PH/Channel should have taken a stand and their responsibility towards the audience and our expectations and hope for something that started so beautifully. Your post puts it across beautifully. Smile

HugsHugHugHug

Edited by KavitaDR - 09 January 2011 at 6:49am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorrymozart66Fishfishgp00

Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 4:46am | IP Logged

Final Point

For me, over time, LTL was not just about the romance between Naku and Dutta.  I wanted more from it because of the complexity of the characters (Dutta, Kala, etc).  The romance was nice, but I got over it pretty quickly.

You know Parul, you have just ecoed my thoughts.  How can the creatives be so narrow minded, they refuse to watch or see anything else...romance toh romance bus aur kuch nehi, what about the brother-sister relationship...how do they grow...you see Kala can be a problem, she can exists in anybody's like home, yours and mine...from Kala's point of view...she has suffered lost her father young and thinks her mother to be more of her cousin's then her own, she is jealous of Dutta and rightfully so...why cannot they show how Dutta brings about a change in Kalavati...why cannot they show that Dutta is aware of what is going on but keeps quiet because of Ayi as he does not want to hurt her etc etc, mostly in the shows the characters are  black and white...why not grey???  Show us something new, something innovative....

notsorryKavitaDRmozart66gp00

mozart66 IF-Dazzler
mozart66
mozart66

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tintiny

You know Parul, you have just ecoed my thoughts.  How can the creatives be so narrow minded, they refuse to watch or see anything else...romance toh romance bus aur kuch nehi, what about the brother-sister relationship...how do they grow...you see Kala can be a problem, she can exists in anybody's like home, yours and mine...from Kala's point of view...she has suffered lost her father young and thinks her mother to be more of her cousin's then her own, she is jealous of Dutta and rightfully so...why cannot they show how Dutta brings about a change in Kalavati...why cannot they show that Dutta is aware of what is going on but keeps quiet because of Ayi as he does not want to hurt her etc etc, mostly in the shows the characters are  black and white...why not grey???  Show us something new, something innovative....

Well that's what I thought they would do and make it a different serial than most run-of-the-mill shows. The storyline really had the potential for lots of these emotions and relations to be explored which we could relate to rather than focusing on romance alone which by the way they aren't doing any good job of it either!! In other shows we at least get to see the leads coming together and the story going somewhere even if it revolves around their romance! Here there is no chance LTL giving us that.... neither romance, nor good storyline... t is revolving around just the negativity coming from Kala's character... even though she is rightfully angry with Dutta for the loss of her father at an early age, didn't she ever grow up and learn to forgive Dutta? Isn't she the eldest? If this harbouring of bad feeling has continued knowingly-unknowingly in the family then obviously Dutta has been affected but nothing was done to resolve it before Naku met Dutta? Couldn't they explore the growing up of Dutta and his relationship with his family members? I mean there are so many possibilities... but people who are hell bent on spoiling a show don't care about it obviously leaving us viewers high and dry in the process though... NOT FAIR I think.... anyway lesser said the better... lest I use some angry words...

good post!

notsorryKavitaDRFishfishgp00

Go to top