Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

CV's ultimate stroke of grace for our beloved LTL? (Page 5)

-bharti- IF-Rockerz
-bharti-
-bharti-

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:24pm | IP Logged

Broken Heart     Ever since the DP track the show took a gradual downturn nd nothing is going well at present, esply nakku going to the cops is the worse turn the story has taken. Now i feel its good MR took the decision of quitg as his character has been surely dumbed nd deconstructed since the DP track.  Im disgusted at the Kala glorification, maximum show time not even sparing precious pvt tasha meetings, she seems to have all the answers, she is like 'know all be all' Alas! its tooo late to lament now, anyway ive the only option of taking LTL out of my system nd treat the best of LTL as a beautiful dream Broken Heart

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryKavitaDRmozart66-Carrie-

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:38pm | IP Logged

Hi, Kavita,

Very good analysis, it is like every company or organisation,where advantage of exceptionally creative peapole is taken to develope a concept or product & after it's success even the dumbest of the lot feels they can give the same result & wants to take over, not realising, always the original creator was destined to create the magic, which others may not be able to, as they will be always compared to the original. Creating success requires hard work & good luck, maintining success is another art, which our PH & channel doesn't have & we are witness of that.

Edited by mnx12 - 08 January 2011 at 1:41am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryKavitaDRmozart66

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 6:55am | IP Logged
[@mozart66
Dear Kavita:

Great analysis. Now it makes me understand why MR wants to leave the show if he indeed is leaving. His character has been badly butchered lately. I can feel some amount of boredom creeping in his acting lately, especially around the bonfire party song time. It felt as if MR's soul was absent. Dutta was absent. The "dumbness" of Dutta's character (like he doesn't notice so many things as Anu mentioned in her post here, not thinking logically about the incidents that have happened and yet shown as if he understands everything all of a sudden without a proof! he could have investigated about naku not involved in Supriya's case) etc. etc. shown lately has indeed been the final nail in the coffin. It is obviously better to end the show logically with Dutta & Naku going away from that Pagal Niwas and shown happily living ever after somewhere else. A logical end to LTL is not too much to ask for now. Is it?
[/QUOTE]

Dear Manju,

It is a pity and as Zuby writes in her reply to this thread :
Bang on! "Yes! Three months ago I was frantically trying to find a word for what was happening to the man I love most in this world.He was being "dumbed down". He had become a bimbo.There in the show for aesthetic value only.How painful it was to see him in those colourful kurtas standing in the crowd cluelessly as a glorified extra.While a woman with a quarter of his brain & even more colourful sarees & face paints had wrapped the most powerful man in Ratnagiri around her overbejewelled  finger.It was so pathetic to watch I stayed away for almost a month and a half & only started watching it again on the 1 hr special wedding episode.I was wary of saying this before but Bollywood is not the reason for MR leaving. I'm sure like me he too must hate to watch himself act out such a precarious & hollow character day in day out.No wonder then he wants out.

The eternal young girl in us may have been happy to see Dutta preening around PN (who does not like to ogle a good-looking well-dressed man) but that was definitely not keeping in character of a Don who is supposed to be having a nervous kind of energy which keeps him on his toes and fully aware of all that is going around him. I had written about it in posts as early as November when Kala's machinations gathered speed and not to show Dutta having an iota of concern over Kala's behaviour when he was fully aware of her anismosity against him and Nakusha was a bit over the top. Heads of organisations, whatever be the nature of their business, are supposed to have a third eye but CVs just do not seem to care, do they and just went on with the dilution of a strong character.

MR said in an interview sometimes back that he does like the romancing bit in his shows but he, also, loves, the thrills of action and fight sequences.This may be one of the reasons he has decided to leave and I also prefer the logical end of the show with a Tasha reunion. At least, our memories of a thing of beauty will prevail.

Smile

notsorrymozart66-Carrie-

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 7:35am | IP Logged
@dewdrop~pearl*
Very well said Kavita Clap! I agree with you.....there have been lot of instances where proper justice was not done to LTL, Dutta, Nakku, Baaji, etc. There was always a huge scope of interesting storylines which they preferred to ignore time and again, and brought in boring tracks like DP whom no one was interested to watch. Similarly lot of things have been left hanging in between without completion (like BH, Roop's realisation, etc). But overall I think LTL was really good as compared to many other seriels - the actors and CVs have done justice to the story, soul and character sketch.

Regarding Dutta's role being 'dumbed down', I personally dont think so Embarrassed. I feel they have continuously maintained his character throughout. Ya I agree in certain instances Baaji/Nakku seems to take an upper hand instead of Dutta, but I feel that is justifiable as they have always shown Dutta's character to be of a highly sensitive and emotional man. So physically, intellectually and from an external environment point of view, Dutta is really strong and capable and can handle any situation really well. But the only place where he lacks is internally, i.e., as far as emotions are concerned, and its here that Nakku scores and can handle things better than Dutta. So where is a situation is within the strength of Dutta, they show him handling it much better than Nakku or even Baaji. But where a situation is beyond Dutta's control and comes under Nakku's territory (mainly emotions, cool headed thinking and analysing of situations and people), Nakku is shown to handle it better than Dutta. So thats why we feel they are perfectly compatable and complimentary to each other as both of them completes each other and fills in the gaps which the other is not able to handle.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Aparna,

The dreamer in me hopes that a miracle happens and we get to see MR staying back but as time flies since the whole controveresy erupted, I find myself resigning to the fact that it may be irreversibe now. His decision (that we do not know yet) may very well be the storyline with his character taking a backseat. had all those unfinished tracks you mention like others been dealt with, it would have given so much more scope to Dutta's persona as they would have all justified, fully, the reasons Dutta is what he is today apart from Seema betrayal. There is no doubt that Seema was the main reason that triggered it all but there are so many elements such a shis rapport with his family, especially with regards to his aloofness, to explain why he cannot forgive. The DP track would have been a hugely positive one and would have added layers to Dutta as a man who learns to forgive his father and eventually justify Madhu's entry in the family....All lost.

As to the role being "dumbed down", it is entirely my POV which I feel is justified when you take in account the way LTL has stagnated since the return from the jungle. Ever since that period, Dutta has been shown walking aimlessly around the house with CVs keeping us on our toes with the short Tasha moments. Dutta is the head of an empire built on the proceeds of crime which the CVs never really explored keeping to the premise of LTL being a love story. Why give so much importance to Kala then....As long as she plotted against Nakusha and Dutta as in trying to stop their union, it was still OK, but the moment she turned murderer and shown as apiring to appropriate all that belonged to Dutta, CVs should have bucked up and show Dutta with some sparks or at least someone who is aware that something is wrong and that he should investigate in the matter.

You mention strength. I will not quibble about it but what's the use of having the physical and intellectual strength to annihilate a whole army and yet unable to take control of his household. that does not gel.

Whatever the outcome now, i just hope that LTL is given the logical closure with a beautiful, soulful Tasha union now. That will be for the best.Stern Smile

notsorrymozart66*dewdrop~pearl*

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 7:39am | IP Logged
@suhana19

Hey Kavita very beautifully writtenClapThumbs Up...i agree with each single word u said .....iam totally speechless yaar .....keep it up dear .. i love reading ur post Hugkeep it up dear ....Btw iam still keeping my hopes up for MR[/QUOTE]

Hi Suhana,

Thank you and yes keep the flame of hope burning. BTW, i think that this current track would be perfect for the VM that I have requested....Look into it.Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mozart66suhana19

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 7:51am | IP Logged
@brvr

Broken Heart     Ever since the DP track the show took a gradual downturn nd nothing is going well at present, esply nakku going to the cops is the worse turn the story has taken. Now i feel its good MR took the decision of quitg as his character has been surely dumbed nd deconstructed since the DP track.  Im disgusted at the Kala glorification, maximum show time not even sparing precious pvt tasha meetings, she seems to have all the answers, she is like 'know all be all' Alas! its tooo late to lament now, anyway ive the only option of taking LTL out of my system nd treat the best of LTL as a beautiful dream Broken Heart

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Bharati, Naku's foolishness yesterday was just unacceptableAngryAngryAngry. I have often praised Nakusha's steadfastness and the unconscious subjugation or her self to ensure that Dutta is always happy and at peace, so how did she dare go against the principles guiding Dutta's own organisation. I do understand her sense of loss or bereavement, but why could she not trust Baaji foonce....What does she know about the business? More importantly, why look elsewhere to find the culprit when she knows fully well that Kala is behind everything. I am amazed at CV's shortsightedness or did they think that the audience would have forgotten about Kala's open threat to kill Dutta or Naku on the night of the Bonfire party.

Should LTL ever be salvaged with a proper realignment of Dutta's character (played by MR....no other actor), I hope that they start by clearing all those elements that sometimes make us feel like screaming for a more logical approach. And if not, then lets all gear up to see a beautiful ending with Dutta and Nakusha united and happy.

No Dutta/Mishal = No LTLSmile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryLaTuLamozart66-bharti--Carrie-

Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 9:10am | IP Logged
In some of my other posts and replies i had already said that LTL will probably end by june this year but now..i want it to end when MR leaves...fine if they can't clear the air abt the half plots...atleast give tasha union some two months worth of happy lovey-dovey tasha scenes and end the show... we happy, MR happy, Mahi free for her Wedding shopping and JDJ, CVs happy with a already step-sister show off their backs...And youtube ppl happy with the number of videos watched on Tasha skyrocketing.....All winners...And COLORS can always start another cheesy, disgusting Reality show for the slot which will gain more TRPs for them....Evryone should be happy then ....RIGHT?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryLaTuLakomal_w25KavitaDRmozart66-bharti-

notsorry Senior Member
notsorry
notsorry

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 10:38am | IP Logged

@KavitaDr - Thank you for the acknowledgement.  I only wish I was more expressive like many of LTL's forum fans who have done an outstanding job with their respective threads and posts.  I will apologize, and take some responsibility for the failure of my inactions to the forum fans for not coming forward much sooner around September 2010, when I began to realize that LTL's story was beginning to disintegrate and publicly request the forum members to add more analytical threads on each and every individual character which in my opinion may have kept LTL's storyline alive and true to its original intent.  Not much I can do about this now but still hope if LTL remains alive for the next few months with MR of course, the forum members will take the opportunity to give life back to this beautiful story in the form of threads and posts wherein LTL's CVs may have the chance to redeem themselves  by using the forum fans ideas for the story and although it has been said that a TV series is for entertainment and most viewers do not need to use their brains unlike a book where one needs concentration, LTL, I viewed as so much more because of its unique storyline from the outset thus the reason for captivating this many fans and imprisoning so many hearts. It is my hopes if LTL continues for the next few months that LTL CVs, the Production House and other parties involved would seriously take all that is written on this forum and archive LTL as an Indian Television serial benchmark true to the story not as it began in December 2009 but with the introduction of Dutta, January 27th 2010.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLaKavitaDRmozart66-bharti-

Go to top