Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

CV's ultimate stroke of grace for our beloved LTL? (Page 4)

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
@sinak
Beautiful Analysis Kavita. Once Mishal exits, LTL will be loosing lots of its viewers. Loves story between Naku and the cop no way. [/QUOTE]

Thank you Sinak,

Good that No Mishal = No LTL is gathering momentum. And that is, only, right as the real and the fictional persona have merged to the extent that they are one and the same characters in our mind. A love story between Naku and a cop would be adding further insult to injury. Even if we wer to stop fro a second and recall Pranjal Saxena's comment about the story being about Nakusha, a girl from the basti, she was never shown as harbouring even a shadow in her heart and mind apart from Dutta. So No Dutta/Mishal = No LTL. Period!Shocked

Edited by KavitaDR - 07 January 2011 at 5:12pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorry

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
@ZubyDutta

LTL crossed another milestone today. But unlike former occasions when we have rejoiced because CVs would have marvelled us with a resurgence bordering on vindication in terms of treatment and compelling many on the verge of giving up on the show to do a u-turn, today, they embarked on the ultimate and sacrilegious dismantling of a love story full of flaws, but infinitely beautiful nonetheless, as it allowed us on a journey into the minds of the protagonists and made us experience the events in their screen lives. This had, rarely, been attempted with such intensity on Indian TV almost creating a benchmark for Indian soaps. Unfortunately, the CVs have never been consistent and it seems that they can no longer halt the downwards slope with the sudden introduction of a parallel track which will spell the death of the initial storyline. Indeed, since when did members of a Don's family ever call upon the police authorities for help to find the Don himself and the perpetrators of crime against him? All this murky business is supposed to be sorted using a highly organised and internal justice/tracking system which has never failed in the underworld. Yet, Nakusha decides to take things in her hands breaking rules that have been the backbone of Dutta's criminal empire. It is painful but I feel that the time has come for a pre-emptive post-mortem, if and when, MR quits in February and, more importantly, with the sudden introduction of convoluted tracks adding to a number of others that have been sidelined or simply forgotten altogether by the CVs.

After seeing MR shooting for LTL in the telly news, I regained the lost light of my eyes & promptly was in front of my TV at 8.30 pm to catch a glimpse of my beloved in the ending or atleast in the precap after staying away for two days.But to my horror I'm seeing Nakusha turning to of all people the Police for help in finding her missing husband & the criminals who caused him harm.What happened to the army raised by D on whose might he was ruling Patilwadi? Has she any respect for Baji or his position with D or is he her mere driver?Is this her way of waging a war with an enemy who resides under the same roof as her? By filing a report with the police? I always had my reservations about this particular character & today again she didn't fail to prove me right.

Questions/Confusion

Could it be that LTL finally bowed down to the dreaded "Ektaish edicts" for Indian soaps? What went wrong and how did it all start and how does MR "quitting" the show add up to the general sensation of malaise and the insidious feeling that there is much more behind the scenes? Also, how do we explain the protracted silence from all those concerned, the PH, the CVs, the Channel and more, importantly, Mishal Raheja himself, who we have no doubt, is a complete professional. He has, however, made a mistake by failing to give a statement regarding the uproar the TB article has produced among fans in general. Having been closely associated with the media world for some years, I can, safely, vouch for the fact that any self-respecting PH or creative team working within the strict precincts of commercial TV, would have come forward, to at least clear the air, as all the speculations will, eventually, prove to be very damaging for the show, and yet, they chose to stay quiet since the story blew up. Could it be that there has always been a sense of disconnect between the way the audience think and the CVs/PH/Channel's orientation for the show. Something does not exactly seem right somewhere....As regards, Mishal Raheja, enough has been said on the Forum these last few day as to the powerhouse of talent that he represents among the current crop of actors on screen or the respect we have for any decisions he takes to pursue his career. Hence the positive encouragement he has garnered among fans, should he really be quitting LTL in February. However, he owes it to the same adoring fans to come clear in the interest of the image of integrity he has always projected for his craft.

Continued silence on all fronts points to one thing only.That they themselves are not sure of what is going to happen next.Its an indication of the total pandemonium that must have broken out during the past few weeks. With the star of the show throwing in the towel, the lead actress frequent leave of absence due to her other commitment, frequent handing over of director's reins to random people.One can't imagine how that beautiful dream called LTL can be woven under such chaotic atmosphere.

The story so far and when did it start going pear-shaped?

I will not re-hash the whole story as we all agree that despite all the drag fests, (especially Supriya's protracted wedding preparations or the Ganesh Utsav track) LTL evolved and managed to hold and sway the majority audience. A moving tale of metamorphosis, LTL conquered because of its subtle and unadulterated romanticism between two souls aspiring for love, boundless, infinite, characterised by detachment, mystery, and freedom from the material. LTL was a first as it had the guts to tell us a story of dualities, between the pure abstract sensation and the literal, between the crowd and the alienated individual, between man and nature, between the rational and the irrational, the dream, real and fantasy. In short, this was a tale of stasis and change between two diametrically opposed individuals born to complete each other, yet emphasising personal feelings through fierce individualism and emotional expression. We, often, raged at the pace the story evolved but we relished every moment, every expression, and every exchange and applauded the CVs for the many instances when they showed love as a perception almost akin to the third dimension.

Convoluted and incomplete tracks

It was, unfortunately, too good to be true and the slope downwards once they introduced the many convoluted tracks as from September seemed inevitable.  Indeed, post the introduction of DP's character, LTL's storyline took a plunge with the CVs starting to play yoyo with the characters.  The centrality which defined Dutta and Nakusha's characters, even Baaji's to a certain extent up to that time seemed to shift. Many on the forum may disagree but it would seem that there has been an unconscious attempt at "dumbing down" Dutta's character. Had it not been for MR's ability to play on the subtle nuances with a unique depiction of emotions, any other actor would have fallen in a heap.

Bang on! "Yes! Three months ago I was frantically trying to find a word for what was happening to the man I love most in this world.He was being "dumbed down". He had become a bimbo.There in the show for aesthetic value only.How painful it was to see him in those colourful kurtas standing in the crowd cluelessly as a glorified extra.While a woman with a quater of his brain & even more colourful sarees & face paints had wrapped the most powerful man in Ratnagiri around her overbejewelled  finger.It was so pathetic to watch I stayed away for almost a month and a half & only started watching it again on the 1 hr special wedding episode.I was wary of saying this before but Bollywood is not the reason for MR leaving. I'm sure like me he too must hate to watch himself act out such a precarious & hollow character day in day out.No wonder then he wants out.

Nakusha's persona, also suffered, with the many aspects of her single-minded passion and the wonderful wisdom/philosophy she imparted to D about everyday life's hardships that was shown from January onwards to the end of the DP track sidelined. I could argue the same for Baaji's character, so full of life from January up to the beginning of DP's track that, somehow, got lost in translation.  I move on to the dynamics between Babi and Naku which may have jarred because of overkill on Babi's part but her departure seems to have left a void with a sensation of a missing link along with Sethji's playfulness.  And what do I say about Kishore, Leela, Roops and Madhu, relegated to being peripheral characters who we could very well do without if we are to judge by the screen space they have had. The story was always about Nakusha and Dutta, one may counteract, but even they seem to have become secondary to the plot with the footage given to the Kala track and the sudden parachuting of Sudarshan as an appendage to move the story forward.  We are disappointed that for reasons best known to the CVs, LTL which did balance the negative aspect of the storyline with Kala (No major contentions) because of the need to show the conflict between Good and Evil. But why give the impression that it is Kala who is now calling the shots in the whole plot and its dynamics in relation to Dutta, Nakusha, Baaji or AS.  

I was going thru some of the comments at the TB article page where one commentator says," If there is one person who ought to go out of LTL for the show to regain its lost glory, Its Kalawati." I agree 100%. From an eternal love story of a Don & his pristine maid the story has moved to the awful & ridiculous track of the unjustified,baseless & bewildering scheming & plotting of a housewife with supernatural powers.Planting bombs,conjuring poisons from thin air,having a huge team of henchmen to do her bidding against the ruler of their town, conducting elaborate & loud hatching of plans/meetings/drink parties in rooms which are near the rooms of her cousin & mother  without them having an inkling of what's going on.Do the CVs think we don't notice such things? Why is this woman suddenly being portrayed as the only one having a brain in the household? While the rest are simply sleepwalking their way thru the day including D.
Selective amnesia/Stagnation

Could it be that the main actors, especially, MR may feel neglected with these clear indicators pointing towards the dilution of his character, and the, subsequent plot assassination we have witnessed?

Yes!The one & only reason for the current auditions rounds going on at Playhouse Creations.
 And, how do we react to the inclusion with fanfare of so many insignificant tracks which fell apart from the word go and never made any significant contribution to the storyline? I would cite the theories of the Badi Hasti (confined to history), the mystery surrounding AS magnanimousness, DP's letter to Dutta, Madhu's entry, a tentative transformation of Roops etc. There was so much material left untapped that would have given life to a show that has been sadly stagnating for the six months out of the 12 it has been on air now. Boredom, a feeling of helplessness is bound to creep in on the sets and affect the morale of the actors, especially, those like MR who has clearly invested a large part of his own persona to give credibility and a larger than life perspective to Dutta's character. I, for one, do not blame him, if he, confirms, that he is leaving the show. Judging by what we have seen as the deconstruction of LTL as a love story with dark shades is concerned, it would not be presumptuous of us to argue that CVs can only beat a dead horse up to a certain point and it would be in the interest of the story to see the happy culmination of Dutta and Nakusha's love, and stop the destruction of a beautiful, deeply moving, and incredibly inspiring TV show without thoughts for all the hard work everyone on the sets would have put in this venture. I have learnt from LTL that love is patience, love is endurance, love is not just after one's own benefits and that love shines. And this is the memory that we want to cherish and will refrain from even speculating on a laughable parallel track with an undercover cop.

That will be the height of injustice towards the character of Dutta & the loyal audience who have stayed with the show during both the high & low points.That some cop comes & accomplishes all that couldn't be accomplished by an excetionally intelligent,sensitive,kind & honourable man.Anything but that,CVs.

As always beautifully written Kavita.ClapAll my concerns & disappointments of the past few months are addressed here.Thank u for coming out with such a post at this time.Thumbs Up
I[/QUOTE]

Thank you Zuby for condensing my thread so effectively. I can see why you have chosen to crunch numbers and figures for a career...LOLYou have, actually, supplemented on all the bits that I wanted to add but had to curtail because of the sheer length. I do want the forum members to read the posts as it is totally relevant in the context of the ongoing pandemonium around LTL.

CheersSmile

Edited by KavitaDR - 07 January 2011 at 5:33pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shipsnotsorry-Carrie-

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
santudi81

Lovely post Kavitha
I agree wid every word u said
There's nothing I can say basically ur post says it all
If MR is leaving cuz of d way d show is going hopefully d cv's will give him storylines worthy of him if that is if d PH pays any attention 2 d fans of LTL (I.e d petition)
Hoping 4 d best[/QUOTE]

Dear Friend,

You must be a fan of Bandini's Sandtudi!

Thank you for your kind words. And yes, we will carry on with whatever endeavours necessary to salvage what we believe in as loyal fans.

CheersEmbarrassed

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
@loveumishal]

Kavita - very true !! Already LTL has started it's downfall today....

It wasnt dutta's danda's usool....that was broken today...LTL's usool only...

I guess what they are plannin may be like this...

Undercover cop enters ....

Dutta comes back....to PN

Undercover cop also falls in love with Nakku....

Dutta with the help of undercover cop will eliminate enemies...initially he will be enemy with cop...may be feelin jealous of him also...

Nakku n Dutta ...lives happily for some time ..say till FEB end...

Mishals exit.... Remove dutta again...this time never to come back...

slowly develop the feelings b/n cop n nakku....

---- This guy has been brought in early so that viewers are kind of used to him , by the time Mishal exit from the show.....

-------I cant bear this ...the day Mishal exit out of LTL ~ I am out of LTL as well as indian serials....

[/QUOTE]

Dear Mishi,

May I call you Mishi...? I would not put anything past the CVs. They can extricate anything from those "thinking caps" they have donned if they cannot understand basic principles ruling the Underworld, especially, those styled after the American/Italian mafia and their relationship to the mob. No wonder, the story goes astray every other months and we have a change of Directors every 3 months. There must be some form of instability that has been dogging the whole unit....Perhaps the reason, Mishal wants out.Confused

mozart66

suhana19 IF-Rockerz
suhana19
suhana19

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 6:26pm | IP Logged
Hey Kavita very beautifully writtenClapThumbs Up...i agree with each single word u said .....iam totally speechless yaar .....keep it up dear .. i love reading ur post Hugkeep it up dear ....Btw iam still keeping my hopes up for MR

KavitaDR

gp00 IF-Dazzler
gp00
gp00

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
Hey Kavita!

Loved your post.  Sorry for the delay in responding.

You raise some very interesting points in each of your sections that I would like to address:

Questions/Conclusions:
The silence issue is something I don't think we'll ever fully get to the bottom of.  I think Mishal's decision got out before he had informed LTL's brass.  And the silence is due to the channel/PH not knowing how to address the rumor and wanting to minimize the fallout of losing their star.  Perhaps they were trying to negotiate with Mishal.  I think the PH is just trying to get a handle on this and trying to quickly manage this crisis.  For some reason, I can't shake the feeling that the production house/director knew this was coming.  The director saying that LTL was about Nakusha's storyLOL...either the guy was trying to be funny or has had a total break with reality.LOL  Could it be that Mishal was looking at other options (eg Maano..., reality shows?) a bit too intently, much to their concern?  I don't know.

The story so far and when did it start going pear-shaped?
Some may get really annoyed at me for saying this but I think it addresses your point in this section.  I personally think LTL began to wilt after the Anna track.  It became pathetic to watch Nakusha's dilemma--should I, shouldn't I?  Bappa, drop the flower on one side, make my eye twitch...give me a sign because I don't know the difference between right and wrong...
I was dumbfounded at the turn of events.  We had a few months of brilliant story direction and dialogues, and then this.  I don't know if others feel this way, but I found it offensive how the Colors CVs dumbed down, slowed down the track.  I lost a lot of love and respect then. 

Convoluted and incomplete tracks
LTL at times resembled a lost tourist--not knowing where to go.  Left or right....walking down one road and then reversing direction.  It is normal to some degree, but LTL made a bad habit of it.  
Like many of you, I feel LTL had and still has so many promising tracks that had yet to be touched.  But instead, the senile Colors CVs took the easy way out and tried to squeeze out every last bit of juice it could of what they thought was the clincher for the fans:  Dutta and Naku together.  In this, they misunderstood us fans.  Yes, LTL was about Dutta and Naku, but it could have been so much more.  Damodar (forgiveness, how people can and do change for the better-- a lesson so important to Dutta) and the letter; Seema (redemption); Roops (independence, and learning to love); Badi Hasti; truth about Sriram Patil; more probing on Kala's twisted psychology.   But NO, they give us garbage.  It was insulting then and it is still insulting to me.  
I am almost 100% sure that the Colors CVs NEVER understood what made LTL special or ever understood what to do with it.  They KILLED this show months ago, Mishal leaving is the final nail in the coffin.

Selective amnesia/Stagnation

I don't think MR felt neglected; perhaps he was getting annoyed at the direction of the show or the directors (ahem)...perhaps, he just wanted out. Or maybe, just maybe, he knew he was on the Titanic, and it was time to jump off into the dark and unchartered waters...go out on top versus when your acting value is diluted by stupid tracks and twists and turns.  I don't think we'll every know. 

Final Point

For me, over time, LTL was not just about the romance between Naku and Dutta.  I wanted more from it because of the complexity of the characters (Dutta, Kala, etc).  The romance was nice, but I got over it pretty quickly.

I'm speaking for myself only when I say that LTL was destroyed by a bunch of buffoons who made bad decisions (Naku's protracted confusion and Ganesh Utsav) and then, to show at how skilled they were at making bad decisions, made MORE bad decisions to rectify the situation by going filmy and taking totally un-LTL-like twists and turns, which then drove the spirit and quality of the show down even further.  

To this day, I have such ill feelings towards Colors and its CVs for copping out and allowing this show to just fall apart for no reason.  It did not need to happen that way.  The ratings had been strong, the stories, acting, and dialogue were just right.  

To Colors, all I have to say is that you wouldn't know quality if it bit you on your bottoms.  Shame on you!  And in 2-3 years when reality TV becomes the laughing stock in the industry and its novelty wears out, I hope you learn just how low you have fallen.  Pathetic waste...

Edited by gp00 - 07 January 2011 at 7:24pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryKavitaDRHessa85rama_2010mozart66divy609-Carrie-

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
[@shilpita87]

i don't know what to say...will try to articulate my emotions....don't know if i'll suceed...but will try..

Trying my best to say somethings that have always bothered me about LTL..

1. Why can't they find better extra actors? The extra actors for BV even if they come as miscellaneous Villagers are very good. they remain in the skin of their character and do not look ridiculous.
Today, from the villagers at the gate to the comissioner and inspectors were all ridiculous. The dialogues BAD.....BAD...BAD....Anil ji...what was that?

These are questions that many Forum members have often asked. I dont understand why there has been this something akin to creative dichotomy when it came to various characters in the show. You mentioned the commissioner and subordinates... even Nakusha has been a victim very often with dialogues completely out of sycn and not allowing for an attempt at voice modulation on her part. Unless she did not put in any extra effort.

2. Fine, if nakkusha walks into police station with bajirao to report attempt to murder. But it was handled so badly without the class it demanded....She is Dutta patil's wife, the same dutta patil who stood infront of ppl like a masiha....Police had always stood there like extra security force....Remember Dutta's first speech outside the hospital last 29th jan....Police was controlling the crowd....Even during the chopper crash..police and baaji both were searching for Dutta...so fine till then it looked like Dutta owned the police too...so why did they have to change the dynamics today...ppl like Dutta do behave liker they own law n order in this country....its shameful but true..

The CVs should never have gone down that route in the first place. I would have thought that they would have done ample research on the workings of the underworld or Mafia as portrayed in classics of Coppola or Scorcese (if not the classic American/Italian gangsters, at least, Satya to know the basic edicts ruling the gang and its internal justice system. They made a mockery of Nakusha and Baaji who should be granted the merit of reminding Nakusha of their own system for the enforcement of rules within and outside the gang....PatheticCry

3. last night i saw the episode were dutta threw out kala...6-10th sept to be precise....there Dutta said that u have always pretended to want my happiness..then even if he brought her home how can he not doubt her...this had been bugging me since kala's return...all other half plots you have already mentioned...today again they started showing positivity in roops....
Are the CVs themseleves confused..

I have highlighted that loud and clear in my thread....or one of the replies to one of the posts on this thread. Dutta's character has been "dumbed down" with so much footage given to Kala. As fro Roops, the confusion reigns supreme as to whether she might still be used as one of the angle in a love triangle...I guess, between having to contend between sorting out the mess re MR and adjusting with MV's leaves for JDJ, they do not have options.

4. introduce the cop by all means but...no love story between nakku and him pls....that will defeat the story line of the show...

Totally & Irrecocably.

Ok..i know this much about Television industry...that will explain the change of directors and scripts.

The thing is the creatives employ almost 5-6 set of writers and they tell them to write 5-6 totally different plots from the present storyline. Like for example nakku's FR to Bajji during Sept.

I am sure the creatives asked 3-5 different budding writers to write their script...
1. Nakku goes back home and tell Dutta about her face after meeting chulbul
2. Nakku walks around and Dutta goes out looking for her and FR in rain
3. Nakku walks around and Baaji goes out looking for her and FR in rain
4. nakku meets with accident and Dutta all come rushing to hospital.
5. Nakku comes back home and no ones wiser of her truth...

They probably wanted the 2nd option but panicked for TRP and choose the 3rd as they wanted the FR to be post wedding...

Whatever the choice, I would equate it o some form of plot contrivance as they have on so many occasions. The real question is whether they really care about the TRPs if I am to go by way some other shows on Colors are promoted. LTL always seem to be lagging behind like the destitute cousin content with crumbs thrown their way...Frustrating

Similarly if everytime they pick out 1 wrong script out of the 5 then todays LTL is what we land with....Mind you while choosing these scripts they never discuss it with the actors or dialogue writer...they are secondary ppl to know of it...so even if they protest they can't do anything.

All the more reason for the actors to voice their opinions which MR may have done. All said and done, i feel that we should have Mishal or a member from the PH/CVs/channel clear the air.

LTL..could have been a good show...but it had plummeted down...my only interest had always been Dutta(MR)..without him...my only interest with LTL..is this forum where i have made friends....i won't care abt the show anymore...

Sadly, LTL has always been all about Dutta for me.

sorry for the negativity and haphazard post...can't link my thoughts straight...anymore..

Shilpi

Hey Shilpi,

Pretty much in the same state even though I had it seen coming, even, as far as the beginning of October.. MR may have guarded his expressions.

Take care and try to relax during the weekend!Hug
[/QUOTE]

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorrygp00mozart66Wanderbug-Carrie-

mozart66 IF-Dazzler
mozart66
mozart66

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Dear Kavita:

Great analysis. Now it makes me understand why MR wants to leave the show if he indeed is leaving. His character has been badly butchered lately. I can feel some amount of boredom creeping in his acting lately, especially around the bonfire party song time. It felt as if MR's soul was absent. Dutta was absent. The "dumbness" of Dutta's character (like he doesn't notice so many things as Anu mentioned in her post here, not thinking logically about the incidents that have happened and yet shown as if he understands everything all of a sudden without a proof! he could have investigated about naku not involved in Supriya's case) etc. etc. shown lately has indeed been the final nail in the coffin. It is obviously better to end the show logically with Dutta & Naku going away from that Pagal Niwas and shown happily living ever after somewhere else. A logical end to LTL is not too much to ask for now. Is it?

Edited by mozart66 - 07 January 2011 at 10:31pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryKavitaDR

Go to top