Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

CV's ultimate stroke of grace for our beloved LTL? (Page 3)

*dewdrop~pearl* IF-Rockerz
*dewdrop~pearl*
*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Very well said Kavita Clap! I agree with you.....there have been lot of instances where proper justice was not done to LTL, Dutta, Nakku, Baaji, etc. There was always a huge scope of interesting storylines which they preferred to ignore time and again, and brought in boring tracks like DP whom no one was interested to watch. Similarly lot of things have been left hanging in between without completion (like BH, Roop's realisation, etc). But overall I think LTL was really good as compared to many other seriels - the actors and CVs have done justice to the story, soul and character sketch.

Regarding Dutta's role being 'dumbed down', I personally dont think so Embarrassed. I feel they have continuously maintained his character throughout. Ya I agree in certain instances Baaji/Nakku seems to take an upper hand instead of Dutta, but I feel that is justifiable as they have always shown Dutta's character to be of a highly sensitive and emotional man. So physically, intellectually and from an external environment point of view, Dutta is really strong and capable and can handle any situation really well. But the only place where he lacks is internally, i.e., as far as emotions are concerned, and its here that Nakku scores and can handle things better than Dutta. So where is a situation is within the strength of Dutta, they show him handling it much better than Nakku or even Baaji. But where a situation is beyond Dutta's control and comes under Nakku's territory (mainly emotions, cool headed thinking and analysing of situations and people), Nakku is shown to handle it better than Dutta. So thats why we feel they are perfectly compatable and complimentary to each other as both of them completes each other and fills in the gaps which the other is not able to handle.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dramago

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
[@Anu-Reddy]

Kavitha.........Amazing analysis and I agree with each and every word of yours.

Nakku going to a cop for help is a shame to say the least. She should be the last person to run to a cop to save her ganster husband.  She has enuf of her men to do the task. When she and her husband were stuck in Jungle, did Baaji take cops help to trace them? No right then why this sudden "cop" entry to save dutta?. Cop is needed in this story as its abt a ganster, so cop will come in a package..........but to save dutta? Thats as ridiculous as it sounds.
That was really the limit, the last nail in the coffin and I would like to try and imagine being MR watching this sequence after having admitted that he did quite a bit of research and backgroud prep using Coppola, Scorcese or Tarantino before starting the LTL shoot. God knows what the CVs were thinking of when they, convenienty, decided to send an affronted Nakusha post Dutta's accident to the Police. All the Ghosts of the Mafia dynasties must be turning in their graves...That was the pits.

I totally agree with u abt Dutta's character taking a back seat and actually , being "dumb" for the most part.  Kala walks in and out of his well guarded house at midnights and Dutta isnt aware?. Kala spends lakhs and lakhs feeding ppl to trap Dutta and Dutta isnt aware?. Kala has a whole drink setup in her house and Dutta isnt aware?. Suds smuggles off things and he isnt aware............lot of incidents and Dutta made to seem dumb. No wonder Actor got frustrated if he is , i mean.

That was the most unfortunate derision inflicted on the character of Dutta. Lots of people on the Forum still do not agree to that but it is a fact. I have said in past posts, that Dutta's obtuseness and refusal to look beyond the image in his line of vision was always going to be the reason for his downfall. True enough, how would he otherwise have missed the flurry of activities. Whilst, i loved all the romantic interludes with Nakusha post the Jungle track, I could not at times, help feel a degree of resentment for the pervasive influence Nakusha had on Dutta to the point that he obliterated events jumping right up his face every time....Ganpath's allusion to thieves in his own house, Baaji pointing fingers at Sudarshan during his stag do and yet no reactions. That is uncalled for in someone who is an underworld Don who should have the merit of possessing a metaphorical third eye.

Kala is a dumb woman, but is glorified to seem like she is the smartest of all. Thats called heights of ridicle.  She is unfit to be called evil. None of her plans worked. She is instead given undue imp in this story and she eats up our screen time with her bakwasiyath. She and her stupid challenges to Nakku........oh well, we could live without all that isnt it?.

Kala is a disturbing element for me...I just cannot digest the total lack of humanity which may be true of a character who is hollow on the inside. She puts me off Evil when it comes to Evil's connotation in contrast to Good and generosity of spirit. A dose of both to help people appreciate the need to do good and be good may sometimes be necessary for the betterment of the world but in the case of Kala, it was misguided right from the beginning. I tried to live without her until she pushed Dutta, Nakusha, Baaji and even AS to the sidelines to pursue her perverse deeds. I called her a necrophiliac taking pleasure at the sight of blood and I am not far off.   

The characters lost their charm at the face revelation track.......and I ought it to the bappa track. It was dragged like a elastic string to no end, no wonder by the end of it, it tarnished all the characters atleast a bit if not totally.

No contention there. the FR which was supposed to be Nakusha's opportunity to come clean further pushed all of us in Dutta's camp after his heartfelt confessions. i felt sorry for Nakusha but somehow could never express full empathy for her predicament.

Som ppl here in the forum argued that they can watch a replacement. Some said show was fine without dutta ROFL. I for one dont remember watching this show without dutta. It was only the first one month that there was no dutta and iam sure none were interested in the soap at that time, i for one wasnt. 
A replacement is no man's land for me at least. The show, long, lost its essence as that of a girl from an obscure basti, but rather became the journey of love and discovery for a man torn and emotionally flawed.

Ppl who want to see a replacement are more than welcome, but I wouldnt and as per my poll it feels that like many wont watch a replacement either. A replacement can be good or bad but it will NEVER be the same. I want it to be the same.......otherwise all the good memories associated with the soap will go down the drain. Once the flavor is lost, there is no way me or anyone else, go watch the previous 1 yr episodes with the same
interest. 

Ditto!

Its better to wrap the show with a logical end than showing a cop , Nakku-cop or , new Dutta-Nakku ......... If they want to continue , they can so well do it. Its possible to continue...........but iam sure many loyal audience will opt out of it in no time. Proof is our live update thread, already. None are watching it with the same interest and that if any , should be an indication on its own............

I hope that we achieve the goal we have set as a team.

Thank you AnuSmile

Anu
[/QUOTE]

Edited by KavitaDR - 07 January 2011 at 4:47pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorrymozart66divy609-Carrie-Anu-Reddy

ankita66 Goldie
ankita66
ankita66

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
PLs sign the boycott petition we need lots of signatures to make a difference.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryKavitaDR

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
nizam13

KavitaDR - Agree with all you points. Since I do not contribute much to posts, I just wanted to add some of my thoughts though they may mirror yours.  Although the story began with Nakusha in the Basti December 2009, the life of the LTL storyline started with the introduction of Dutta January 27th 2010. The persona, the posture, the non-verbal communication with the use of his eyes that he emoted, captivated the LTL fans and though his mannerism was scripted and directed, MR's dedicated contribution added much more resonance to this character and the entire LTL story. It appears that when this LTL story started, the LTL creative team did not know that this unusual story would grab the attention and interest of many well educated professionals who saw this the makings of memorable serial which would forever stay in the hearts of many.  LTL, from the first episode and the emergence of greatness in the story beginning in January depicted the much needed beautiful relationships/connection between the main characters that most real humans need in their everyday life.  This story in the first few months showed the meaningful brotherly love/relationship between non-blood related people(Dutta and Baji), the caring non-blood related brother/sister love (Kishore and Nakusha). The brotherly/sisterly love of Sethji and Nakusha.  The warmth of big brother/younger brother interactions and role model (Baji and Sethji) although they were not blood related.  Mother/daughter love who were also close friends(Babi and Nakusha) and mother/son immense love (AS and Dutta). Most importantly the beautiful soulful relationship between strangers intially, who became friends and eventually fell in love with the subtle magic most dream off despite the difference in both their worlds (Dutta and Nakusha) Most would agree that the virtues from these kind of relationships are the keys to human coexistence, survival and eternal happiness.  Instead, the essence of this beautiful story began to disintergate after the 1st week of the DP track.  Much emphasis was put, time wise into the Supriya track(Feb to Mid May) 3+ months that gave so much screen space to Kala and again following the DP track from October to date the emphasis on Kala/Suds. Although the Supriya track was so needed, it should not have taken up so much time which started with a "hatred" storyline then becoming outright psychotic during and after the DP track, taking up another 3+ to 4 months to this day of LTL time. In all close to 6-7 months were used for unneeded episodes.  LTL's beauty changed when hatred and outright psychotic emotions were introduced.  I am at loss as to why LTL CV's felt that hatred instead of the loving relationships would captivate and retain an audience. I will still hope though if MR stays and LTL continues that LTL CV's would visit this forum more frequently (if they do at all) for assitance with the carrying the story forward and as KavitaDR has mentioned make a an Indian Television benchmark.  Thanks so much for all the dedicated time and love you have put into your creative and analytical posts since you began in September.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you Aneesa for your heartfelt appreciation. You have always been a pillar of support and your practical and professional experience in the medical world does give you a first hand insight into behavioural psychology and hence a better understanding of the character traits of the different protagonists of LTL. It is actually the exploration of this psychological dimension that ensured that some of these characters have gained a special place in our hearts, especially, Dutta with a larger than life persona thanks to MR's ability to bring out all the hidden nuances of this character, its flaws, vulnerability and complexities.
You are, absolutely, right as to LTL's attempt at trying to depict different relationships, filial, maternal, friendhips but most importantly, the beautiful love story between Dutta and Nakusha, two human beings from different worlds but able to meet at the mental and spiritual level and redefine "survival and a quest of eternal happiness". It is a pity that somewhere down the line, the show lost this magical momentum with the random introduction of the DP track which he CVs were unable to tie in with the original storyline, thus creating a sense of disconnect. I also, second your views on the negative impact of Kala's increased footage in the show and its ensuing slide downwards.

I will join you in reiterating your "hope thAT MR stays and LTL continues." Smile

notsorry

prettywoman Goldie
prettywoman
prettywoman

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
Do u know what.. I saw the bit today where Nakku is dragging Baaji to the police station.. it was just so bizzare to see that scene.. just did not sit well at all.. and all i could think was what would dutta think/say when he knows of this, esp the police guys insulting them.. and immediately ur post came to mind Kavi.. really unfortunate.. just to introduce anotehr character, they have diluted the whole don's essence..shame on u guys, never expected such a lowly track..arre kuch bhi dikhate .. but why this.. at least they had the decency to show baaji being an unwilling accomplice! but the damage has been done..c'mon nakku, i know u want to find him, but what do u now about Dutta's business and contacts.. def not more thn baaji to order him to take u to the cops of all people.. disgraceful

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryKavitaDRmozart66divy609-Carrie-

.scorpio10 IF-Rockerz
.scorpio10
.scorpio10

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KavitaDR

LTL crossed another milestone today. But unlike former occasions when we have rejoiced because CVs would have marvelled us with a resurgence bordering on vindication in terms of treatment and compelling many on the verge of giving up on the show to do a u-turn, today, they embarked on the ultimate and sacrilegious dismantling of a love story full of flaws, ..I second that .....

.but infinitely beautiful nonetheless, as it allowed us on a journey into the minds of the protagonists and made us experience the events in their screen lives. This had, rarely, been attempted with such intensity on Indian TV almost creating a benchmark for Indian soaps. Unfortunately, the CVs have never been consistent and it seems that they can no longer halt the downwards slope with the sudden introduction of a parallel track which will spell the death of the initial storyline. Indeed, since when did members of a Don's family ever call upon the police authorities for help to find the Don himself and the perpetrators of crime against him? .. now that cvs was hilarous , on ur end  ... they will find him  nd dump in the cell ... brainless . All this murky business is supposed to be sorted using a highly organised and internal justice/tracking system which has never failed in the underworld. Yet, Nakusha decides to take things in her hands breaking rules that have been the backbone of Dutta's criminal empire. It is painful but I feel that the time has come for a pre-emptive post-mortem, if and when, MR quits in February and, more importantly, with the sudden introduction of convoluted tracks adding to a number of others that have been sidelined or simply forgotten altogether by the CVs.

Questions/Confusion

Could it be that LTL finally bowed down to the dreaded "Ektaish edicts" for Indian soaps Nahi no no ..pls Not ekta kapoor ? What went wrong and how did it all start and how does MR "quitting" the show add up to the general sensation of malaise and the insidious feeling that there is much more behind the scenes? Also, how do we explain the protracted silence from all those concerned, the PH, the CVs, the Channel and more, importantly, Mishal Raheja himself, who we have no doubt, is a complete professional. He has, however, made a mistake by failing to give a statement regarding the uproar the TB article has produced among fans in general. Having been closely associated with the media world for some years, I can, safely, vouch for the fact that any self-respecting PH or creative team working within the strict precincts of commercial TV, would have come forward, to at least clear the air, as all the speculations will, eventually, prove to be very damaging for the show, and yet, they chose to stay quiet since the story blew up. Yes I agree with that , veen though I do not belong to media world .

Could it be that there has always been a sense of disconnect between the way the audience think and the CVs/PH/Channel's orientation for the show. Something does not exactly seem right somewhere....As regards, Mishal Raheja, enough has been said on the Forum these last few day as to the powerhouse of talent that he represents among the current crop of actors on screen or the respect we have for any decisions he takes to pursue his career. Hence the positive encouragement he has garnered among fans, should he really be quitting LTL in February. However, he owes it to the same adoring fans to come clear in the interest of the image of integrity he has always projected for his craft.

The story so far and when did it start going pear-shaped?

I will not re-hash the whole story as we all agree that despite all the drag fests, (especially Supriya's protracted wedding preparations or the Ganesh Utsav track) LTL evolved and managed to hold and sway the majority audience. A moving tale of metamorphosis, LTL conquered because of its subtle and unadulterated romanticism between two souls aspiring for love, boundless, infinite, characterised by detachment, mystery, and freedom from the material. LTL was a first as it had the guts to tell us a story of dualities, between the pure abstract sensation and the literal, between the crowd and the alienated individual, between man and nature, between the rational and the irrational, the dream, real and fantasy. In short, this was a tale of stasis and change between two diametrically opposed individuals born to complete each other, yet emphasising personal feelings through fierce individualism and emotional expression. We, often, raged at the pace the story evolved but we relished every moment, every expression, and every exchange and applauded the CVs for the many instances when they showed love as a perception almost akin to the third dimension.

Convoluted and incomplete tracks

It was, unfortunately, too good to be true and the slope downwards once they introduced the many convoluted tracks as from September seemed inevitable.  Indeed, post the introduction of DP's character, LTL's storyline took a plunge with the CVs starting to play yoyo with the characters nd making mistake of taking as fools or brainless ppl who have no other work ..than watch a daily .. yes we watched ur show becoz we thought it was different . But now u r begining to be like the rest of the lot .  The centrality which defined Dutta and Nakusha's characters, even Baaji's to a certain extent up to that time seemed to shift. Many on the forum may disagree but it would seem that there has been an unconscious attempt at "dumbing down" Dutta's character. Had it not been for MR's ability to play on the subtle nuances with a unique depiction of emotions, any other actor would have fallen in a heap.  Nakusha's persona, also suffered, with the many aspects of her single-minded passion and the wonderful wisdom/philosophy she imparted to D about everyday life's hardships that was shown from January onwards to the end of the DP track sidelined. I could argue the same for Baaji's character, so full of life from January up to the beginning of DP's track that, somehow, got lost in translation.  I move on to the dynamics between Babi and Naku which may have jarred because of overkill on Babi's part but her departure seems to have left a void with a sensation of a missing link along with Sethji's playfulness.  And what do I say about Kishore, Leela, Roops and Madhu, relegated to being peripheral characters who we could very well do without if we are to judge by the screen space they have had. The story was always about Nakusha and Dutta, one may counteract, but even they seem to have become secondary to the plot with the footage given to the Kala track and the sudden parachuting of Sudarshan as an appendage to move the story forward.  We are disappointed that for reasons best known to the CVs, LTL which did balance the negative aspect of the storyline with Kala (No major contentions) because of the need to show the conflict between Good and Evil. But why give the impression that it is Kala who is now calling the shots in the whole plot and its dynamics in relation to Dutta, Nakusha, Baaji or AS.  

Selective amnesia/Stagnation

Could it be that the main actors, especially, MR may feel neglected with these clear indicators pointing towards the dilution of his character, and the, subsequent plot assassination we have witnessed?  And, how do we react to the inclusion with fanfare of so many insignificant tracks which fell apart from the word go and never made any significant contribution to the storyline? I would cite the theories of the Badi Hasti (confined to history), the mystery surrounding AS magnanimousness, DP's letter to Dutta, Madhu's entry, a tentative transformation of Roops etc. There was so much material left untapped that would have given life to a show that has been sadly stagnating for the six months out of the 12 it has been on air now. Boredom, a feeling of helplessness is bound to creep in on the sets and affect the morale of the actors, especially, those like MR who has clearly invested a large part of his own persona to give credibility and a larger than life perspective to Dutta's character. I, for one, do not blame him, if he, confirms, that he is leaving the show. Judging by what we have seen as the deconstruction of LTL as a love story with dark shades is concerned, it would not be presumptuous of us to argue that CVs can only beat a dead horse up to a certain point and it would be in the interest of the story to see the happy culmination of Dutta and Nakusha's love, and stop the destruction of a beautiful, deeply moving, and incredibly inspiring TV show without thoughts for all the hard work everyone on the sets would have put in this venture. I have learnt from LTL that love is patience, love is endurance, love is not just after one's own benefits and that love shines. And this is the memory that we want to cherish and will refrain from even speculating on a laughable parallel track with an undercover cop.

I have added links of other threads where I have dealt with the theme of Deconstuction with specific reference to some episodes in the recent months and feel that the above, actually, constitutes a logical follow-up after the distress we have seen on the Forum this week.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1562414

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1563463

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1573743

I am sorry for the length of the post but summing up so much is a difficult task and I would be grateful if you would bear with me.

Ur comments pleaseEmbarrassed 

I could have sd it better kavita ... way to go girl .. Ihope we able to knock some sense into them

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryLaTuLaKavitaDRmozart66

LaTuLa Senior Member
LaTuLa
LaTuLa

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
Hi
mIsHeZ.x

Just love your profile pic. Maybe we should all have the same until we get answers to all our questions.

KavitaDR

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
[@prettywoman

Do u know what.. I saw the bit today where Nakku is dragging Baaji to the police station.. it was just so bizzare to see that scene.. just did not sit well at all.. and all i could think was what would dutta think/say when he knows of this, esp the police guys insulting them.. and immediately ur post came to mind Kavi.. really unfortunate.. just to introduce anotehr character, they have diluted the whole don's essence..shame on u guys, never expected such a lowly track..arre kuch bhi dikhate .. but why this.. at least they had the decency to show baaji being an unwilling accomplice! but the damage has been done..c'mon nakku, i know u want to find him, but what do u now about Dutta's business and contacts.. def not more thn baaji to order him to take u to the cops of all people.. disgraceful[/QUOTE]

Dear Vandu,

Exactly, Vandu, I had only watched the precap yesterday when I heard Baaji clearly telling Nakusha that members of a Don's family do not have recourse to the Authorites to solve their problems or find the perpetrators of crime against a member of their gang. In this case it was none other than Dutta Shriram Patil himself. I cannot comment on the level of understanding or perspective of the creative team but they seem to have made a mockery of golden rules that govern highly structured organisations of the Mafia or the underworld. I would not want to sound presumptuous, but I would have expected them to have seen at least Satya where the concept of street law and justice is an internal matter to be resolved within the precincts of the gang or the territories they control. 

Since LTL was the story of a gangster falling in love with a simple girl, the CVs should not have gone as far as diluting the essence of the Don and taken in account the gangster's perspective and his rules governing his   responses to a corrupt society. They started off well showing Dutta Patil as head of the family, immensely rich and powerful, but having strict principles on prostitution, gambling, loan sharking or racketeering that could affect the lives of those people he defends (the poor, the unfortunate, women from a life of grime etc). That was one additional nail in the coffin of deconstruction that I have been crying all along. Watching Nakusha later when the episode was finally aired, I could only cry out my disgust. Poor Dutta, poor MR who had apparently researched and watched cult movies by Coppola (The Godfather Trilogy) and others by Scorcese among the few I remember to give credence to his character.

No wonder, MR may be feeling stifled if it turns out that he is quitting because of creative differences.Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorrymozart66

Go to top