Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*~*Mehek*~* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I dont like it at all...Thats why I hate Katrina, she only has beauty...
Taify thumbnail
Akshay and Kareena win the award :P
They over act all the time;well almost :P
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
only when it's intentional. if an actor overacts in a film that is meant to be nuanced and subtle then it's very jarring, but if an actor over acts in a film like OSO then it's definitely entertaining because that's what it's supposed to be :p
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Meena1

the one movie that i actually enjoyed in was Mr. Mrs. Khiladi.. and thats probably because i didn't know any better then..😆😆

haha I love mr and mrs. khiladi! ðŸ˜› ðŸ˜† jab tak rahega samose mein aaloo is one of my fav C-grade songs ðŸ˜†
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I think depends on genre.
It can be somewhat acceptable in comedy, becuase you wanna make people laugh, so if the script and characters calls for you to be ridiculous and over the top to bring out the laughter, by all means, go for it.

But I HATE overacting in dramatic or sad scenes. It kills the moment for me. Like urgh!
mj_applehead thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
depends on what kindof a film it is.....you cant generalise and say you have to underplay every charecter in every film.there are films where charecters are etched in such a way that goin a little over the top is fine.the charecter requires it.
wida thumbnail
i  get irritated by overreactign..really lik smahh theri heads hehe
ladygaga thumbnail
Intentional overacting in comedies is hilarious.. specially when they are spoofing the 90s the era of melodramatic overacting... when i look back at some of the 90s movies.. like amrish puri slapping SRK again and again in ddlj.. then i find it very amusing..

Two overactings i loved in comedies recently were

Kiron kher in dostana... when Kiron kher does Johns aarti and greh pravesh.. 😆

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl0G7gy6pEs[/YOUTUBE] 

And when Akshaye khanna gets too much into his character in TMK.. too bad the whole scene isn't up on net yet.. its hilarious

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ltdmmBHik[/YOUTUBE] 

smilecheese thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I really cannot stand overacting, even in comedies because some of the best comedies I have seen in English movies are more of the subtle kinds. Overacting in dramatic/sad scenes is a no no. Some exceptions do exist like the Kiron Kher scene ladygaga talks about, that was hilarious but for me, on most counts, I like to see nondramatic scenes. 

Oh and one of the other funny overdramatic scene is from 3 idiots when everytime they would go to Raju's house, it would turn black and white! 
Taify thumbnail
We hardly see over acting in English movies.
Even Mr.Bean doesnt over act.