Baat Hamari Pakki Hai

India-Forums

Baat Hamari Pakki Hai
Baat Hamari Pakki Hai

Do Dil.... Mil Rahe Hain. ..A new ff(updte pg 62) (Page 46)

ash91 IF-Rockerz
ash91
ash91

Posted: 16 February 2011 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
thankfully Rajeev was shown his place at the right time...loved the descriptions of the haldi, mehendi and sangeet ceremonies..reminded me of SaaVan's in the show...waiting eagerly for the wedding day!!! thanks for the pm!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

maris08

kchitra77 Goldie
kchitra77
kchitra77

Posted: 16 February 2011 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Maris ur narratio is so vivid that i feel like iam taking part in SAVAN's wedding....so beautiful Shravan feeding Sanchi!!! Eagerly waiting for the marriage in ur words....Good here Sharmila got to know about Rajeev unlike typical serials...gr8 writing...thanx

maris08

ayshran Goldie
ayshran
ayshran

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 1:09am | IP Logged
Nice update Maris! Thanks for the PM.

maris08

maris08 IF-Rockerz
maris08
maris08

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 7:43am | IP Logged

Dear all for your convenience to read  I have consolidated ,thanz and enjoy

Chapters  9- 32 on pg 36 the link being;  http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1583848&TPN=36
Chapters 33-37 on this pg 46 the link being; http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1583848&TPN=46

Chapter 33

Two pairs  of eyes were watching them...Two pairs that were filled with jealousiness and anger..Two pairs that were piercing and venomous in nature...

Thara who had come to that park with her friends, happened to see them by chance...She was shocked beyond words to see her beloved Shravan quite close with another woman...She felt cheated and let down and wld have easily cut them if given a knife.. But instead avowed to see Shravan the next day and vent her anger...

The other pair of eyes belonged to HIM...He was speechless and angry...Watching them with murderous eyes,he was wondering how he didn't notice this happening..Indeed it was a long time since he had followed her, because of his busy schedules..." Saachi you are mine and belong to only me..I will not allow this Shravan to get the better of me... I have wasted too much time, waiting for  you to grow up and become mine..Now no more chances,only actions"  he decided... The very sight of their togetherness, made him grit his teeth and clench his fingers tightly..The action resulting in blood cuts on the skin of his palms...

The lovebirds, suddenly became aware of their surroundings, and holding hands left the park, to meet Shreya and leave for their respective  homes ..

The next day saw a stomping Thara in his office..."Shravan you cheat and liar, dokebaazz, how you do this to me... I love you so much and will not see another woman taking my place near you; understand"..... She shouted venting her anger and frustration... Shravan who was initially bewildered by this outburst, understood her ire and insecurity...

"Dekho Thara, mein pehele se hi, kaha tha mein thumse pyar nahi kartha..I have always seen you as my friend..I can never and will ever love you...So please get this into your head and leave me in peace, okay" ..he said very calmy as if speaking to a child...." Yeh kaise ho saktha hai Shravan..I know deep in your heart you love me , but haven't realized it yet....Woh jo bhi aurat ho, usko paise dedho aur is Seher se bahar bejdho..I will forgive and forget this whole incident, teek hai" she spoke with tears and in an adamant manner....

"Thara !!!!!...  Bus, bahut hogaya.. Pagal ho gay kya...You cant force me.. I have never been in love with you... Enough of all this drama, now leave and don't ever come back..Goodbye and good riddance"....he shouted and pushed her out of the office..."Shravan, you will regret this, mark my words ,I will never let you live in peace with another girl ".... she promised to herself and left in a huff...

After a couple of days Saachi received a package in the morning on her way to school..There she opened the parcel to find a charred and burnt remains of her fav blue salwar dress, which she had given for dry cleaning 3 days back....A note saying "I have warned you enough; no more such incidents shld take place..".... A chill ran down her spine... With shaking hands and wondering how it landed up like this, she called Shravan and briefed him....He promised to meet her that evening at a coffee shop near the school...

Both cldnt concentrate on their work...Both wanting to be with each other; one comforting; the other wanting the security....Seeing Shravan that evening Saachi, instantly ran towards him and hugged him, almost knocking him down, forgetting her surroundings..A shocked Shravan was immensely  pleased  by this reaction.... Slowly comforting her , he cld feel the fear and dread in her heart....Holding her by the shoulders, they went to the coffee shop....

When he opened the package his blood boiled with anger and rage'. "Yeh zaroor ek coward ka kaam hai'. He dosen't  come out in open and takes sadist pleasures in making you afraid'..Am going to personally take this up with higher police authorities..dont worry Saachi'.Have faith in me dear " he lovingly held her face in his arms and pulled her close to him'.She felt so right, absorbing his strength and love and relaxed more in his presence'.

"Saachi  I have an important thing to say'If we are to prevent any further such incidents , we have to disclose about ourselves to our families and take this relationship to the next level..Can you understand na'.Thum hamesha mera saath ho na'.Trust me..All will come for good'" he asked her gently, tracing lines on her hands, making her tingle'."Ji Shravan, mein hamesha aap ke saath hun aur rahonga.... Mujhe aap par pura viswas hai "... she said shyly, but with lot of confidence'.

That night during dinner, Saachi gathering all her wits, coyly spoke to her Mama and all others in general " Mamaji, aap sab log hamesha, meri bhalayi keliye soch rahethe'.Whatever you did I always accepted it with respect and blindly followed it'"'. Sensing curious glances from others, she quickly and pleadingly said " Aaj, mein, aapni bare mein, kudh  ek faisla liya..Hopefully  all of you will accept it'I would like all of you to meet Shravan Jaiswal, whom I have known for these past few weeks'I strongly believe he will suit me as the best life partner "'.

Immediately Rajeev got up cutting her further words and mockingly said " Wah wah Saachi'..Thum kab se badi hogayi, kudhi apni life decisions lenekeliye? No respect for elders to allow them to decide for you..Since you have already seen the boy and finalized have you even fixed the date for the wedding?...Are we all invited for it? Tell me,have you done something else that will besmirch  this family's name?? tell me tell me?? "'.he  goaded and lashed her  with acid tongue'..

" Bus Damad ji'' Bahut hogaya'.Saachi aisi ladki nahi hai jaise aap sochrahen hein' Unpar hum sab ko pura viswas hai'..Aur  yakin se kehatha hun,  who kabhi yeisa kaam nahi karthi, jo hamara khandhan ka naam mitti par miladhiya"'..Shouted Mama''

Getting up and embracing her he said " Beta, mujhe sirf ek mouka dho, thaki bade hone ke naathe, hum is ladke aur unke kaandhan  ke bare mein kuch pooch thaach Karen'.Of couse we will abide by your choice, but give us this satisfaction of taking this proposal further through  proper channels 'Okay'..Bus ab rona bandh aur kush raho"'he said lovingly patting her head'

Meanwhile at the Jaiswal's house, after dinner, when the whole family was relaxing, Shravan boldly and confidently approached his dad and addressed him and the others in general' "Papa, you always wanted me to get married and settled, saying your business will flourish automatically..I think the time has come for me do to exactly that'Mein ek ladki se pyar kartha hun aur use shadhi karna chagtha hun."... Realising he may have overconfidently stated about his marriage plans; thinking he may have hurt their elderly feelings, he immediately became contrite and said "Aap sab mujhe bura na maniye'. I just want'."'.

"Mere Barqudhar' woh ladki  ka naam hai Saachi Sharma..Woh Doon school mein kaam karthi hai, apni mama, mami ke saath rehethi hai..Thum  dodno ek doosre se pyar karthen hein aur shaadhi karna chagtha hein'All of us are indeed happy about it and want you to go ahead'..Aur kuch bholna chagtha hai "'..Pratap shocked Shravan with so much of information.. He didn't realise that his father wld respond like this pleasantly surprising him beyond his imagination'." Par, Papa, how did you know all this?"

"Arre, bittu, yaad nahi hai... Jis din mandhir mein , Madhura aur Mein Saachi ko dekhar, samjha that she was the one for you..Phir  ghar aakar, Pratap ko sab batadhiya..' He made discreet enquiries and we all decided she was right for you and this family'..We were only waiting for you to realize it and come to us'Ab bholo kab jaana hai ladki ke haat maang ne keliye?...Dadhi  for her part surprised him further, adding sugar in ghee...

"Sach mein , mein ek bewakoof hun'. mujhe kudh ithne der laga, to understand my feelings for her.. and here you are, already decided ,planned and charted my life with her'..Wow..aap sab great ho!!!"'he said smilingly, feeling so blessed and happy to have such a kind of family'.

Later that night, when he spoke to Saachi, he related all that transpired at his house and praised his family'..She responded immediately by saying "Meri family bhi, thodi kami hai kya? They too have agreed to see you and decide" ... They laughed good naturedly at this exchange...

After a pause, Sahravn said "Saachi , I have something important to say to you...Can you make it on sunday afternoon for a lunch date...This time disclose where you going to your family... Okay..... Accepting his invitation she wished him good night and elicited a similar response from him...

Both slept a happy and dream filled sleep that night....

Chapter 34

Inder Sharma walked into the office of Pratap Jaiswal, at the jewellery store,two days later.... Both men eyed each other; weighing and studying one another and trying to form an impression... The result was one of mutual respect and easy friendliness'

"Jaiswal sab, you must have gathered information about us , just like I have done about yours... Saachi, though is my neice , is treated more like my daughter... I hope she will be treated the same way in your house... My only wish is she must always be happy and smiling... She is a selfless person always putting other's needs first... She has never asked for anything for herself,and for the first time she wants your Son to be her life partner... How can I refuse it" ... he said in a small voice and tear filled eyes...

Pratap got up and slightly   patted  the shoulder of sitting Inder  and said "Sharma saab; Iam very happy to hear that  you had already made up your mind about this alliance... Indeed my son is lucky to have chosen such a person... My Son is equally selfless... Look at him, refusing to join me; but started his own concern; with friends together, without my support learning the lesson of life the hard way "...he said proudly...

"Indeed Shravan and Saachi will suit and complement each other perfectly...Iam pretty sure our families will also equally gel together nicely...Don't worry a thing about your daughter, from now onwards she is our daughter also"... Pratap said affectionately...

"Toh ab baat pakki karnekeliye aap log kab aarahen hen?"...asked Inder..." Lets see, why not this   Sunday? ...Say after  lunch, around  3pm... If that's okay with you"...said Pratap..."Oh that will be perfectly fine, Sab log ghar pe honge, aur hum  aaram se baat cheet bhi karenge...Toh ab mujhe ijazat dijiye... See you all on Sunday"...Inder took his leave with a smile on his face and contentment in his heart...

Later that day, the news of Saachi and Shravan meeting each other officially, in the midst of their families, created a happy enthusiasm and a buzz of activity...The air was filled with excited anticipation,as this ladka and ladki dekh na was only a formality...

At the Jaiswal house Nidhi and Neetha , were already on their way to shop for the best clothes for Saachi,with their respective husbands in tow...Dadhi and Madhura offered special prayers at the mandhir for the upcoming union of Saavan...Pratap was watching all these with an attached detachment, but his heart mighty pleased...

At the Shrama's house, it was a beehive kind of activity and buzz...Mami was more concerned about the appearance of the house its interior and exterior; calling out to her Son and daughter in law to spruce up and decorate the house well...Nannu and Naani offered pooja at the mandhir on Saachi's behalf...Shreya was more concerned that Saachi didn't have the proper dress for the occasion and went shopping for the same...Sharmila and Rajeev, though forced to participate in these preparations, now and then commented and vented their frustrations...Others just ignored it and kept them in their toes...Inder watched all this with a happy heart and new peace of mind never experienced before...

Only two persons were slightly taken aback by all this...Saavan who had a date on Sunday afternoon, didn't know how to make it...Shravan called her and said..."Saachi, the way things are going they are ready for anything and everything...Lets meet on Saturday instead... Okay"...he suggested..." Teek hai Shravan ji , Par I don't know whether mami will allow me, now that, you all will be coming here the next day...Aap batayiye mein kya karun?"...she asked concernedly..."Hmmm, Okay we have no choice but to tell a white lie...tell them you have to do last minute shopping...Bring Shreya with you for authenticity, but make sure we are alone for couple of hrs atleast, Teek hai dear"... he suggested very cleverly...With that decided both looked forward to Saturday...

HE kept his usual vigil on Saachi and found her busy with work and not meeting anyone...The house was filled with activities , but it evoked little interest in him..His concern was for only Saachi and her activities... By Friday evening, he was convinced all was going well... Breathing easy he went away on some work to Delhi, and to return later that week... 

Saachi and Shravan dressed very carefully that Saturday...Saachi wearing a pink colour embroidered Salwar Kameez, with thread and sequins work and short kurtha and matching georgette dupatta...With matching earrings and bangles and small gold chain around her neck, and minimal makeup her whole appearance was angelic...

Shravan wearing a jeans and casual wear sky blue shirt from Allen Solley, with a matching grey sportswear Jacket...With hair despite being brushed, looking as though tousled, he was boyish and charming...

Both wanted to dazzle each other,one with her innate beauty and the other with his handsome looks...

With Shreya in tow,Saachi informed  all that, both were attending a friend's birthday party...Dropping Saachi in front of the Hotel, to a waiting Shravan, Shreya left for her college library... Both nodding to each other went inside the prestigious Hotel...

Leading her past the lobby, the restaurant, the 24hr coffee shop, shravan took her to the mini hall...Closing her eyes with his hands , he said "Saachi,don't open your eyes till I ask you to do so,Okay"...Nodding her head in assent, she followed him inside the room..."Okay open your eyes" he said...

The sight of the whole room took her breath away... The room was darkened except for glow of soft bluish lights strategically placed, giving the room a nightly look...A candle lit table for two lay in the centre, invinting them to partake their lunch...Flowers, of all kinds, radiating the blueness, was like those night bloomers filling the room with their fragrant smell...

But what  captured her eyes and heart was a false canvass  dome shaped ceiling, depicting the night sky... There were Stars of all shapes and sizes, glittering and glowing, filling the entire dome, and a Cresent Moon lording over them... Saachi was speechless and astounded by this beautiful scene, laid out before her...Shravan had managed to create the most romantic setting ever in both their lives...

Turning back,  she reached up and kissed him on his cheek, taking him by surprise..."Wow Shravan ji you have created a magic...how did you manage all this?"...she asked like an extremely delighted child..."Saachi ,how can you forget my company is Lights, Camera and Action...If I can event manage for others why can't I mange this setting for us"...he said enthusiastically..."I wanted everything perfect for us, for you must be knowing the reason for this Date...Come lets go to the table"...He led her to the table holding her hands, through a balloons filled floor...

They finished their lunch, in a companionable silence , serving each other and occasionally smiling and looking at each other, with only soft soulful sitar music of Pt.RaviShankar  filling the room and enveloping them in its gentle strings of loving affection...

Satiated, Shravan quietly went around the table and gave a  small wooden sandalwood box to Saachi... Its lid was inlaid with enamel work depicting a beautiful bouquet of roses...With his arms around her shoulders and head resting on top of hers he said " Open it and see what it is my dear"...  his voice so full of love...

Saachi gently opened it and saw a pair of finely crafted silver anklets, a Payal, its bells alternately gold and silver plated...With delicate hands she gingerly lifted the ankets and felt them tingling leaving a ringing  melodic sound..."Its so beautiful, Shravan ji, thank you" she said lovingly..

Taking it from her arms, he kneeled down, lifted her legs on his knees and wore it around her ankles..."Never take it off, my dear...I will always be attuned to its ringing sound and know you are near me"...

Holding her legs and gently tracing lines on her feet, he said "The first time I saw you, it was only your feet, your dancing feet with those anklets...Ever since you have made me dance to the music of love, which I realized only later...I love you Saachi...Will you do the honour of becoming my wife; Will you marry me" he proposed with heart beating the pulse of love"...

"yes, I do love you Shravan Ji " she nodded and showed her approval by kissing his face and hugging him tightly, with tear filled eyes...He was everything she could hope for in the Man she loved...There was no one like him and there would never be one, ever in her life...She had finally reached the destination, in her quest for her life partner...

No more words we needed to be said or exchanged... The silence of the magnificently decorated room, was punctured by their rhythmic heart beats and by their lithely dance steps to the  soft romantic instrumental music...

Chapter 35

Sunday was exceptionally bright and clear day, bringing cheer and happiness ; a break from the cold and biting winter of November in Mussoorie...There was excitement in the air in both the households...Each and every member was assigned some task or other, and the elders were constantly keeping the younger ones on their toes...This day not only marked the meeting of two families , but a subsequent engagement was also decided at the last minute...A small family affair, to celebrate the proposed union of their loved one...

Saachi was undergoing all the essential preparations for the day, like manicure , pedicure, waxing etc; in short a Spa treatment at home to relax and look refreshed for the evening...She was reliving the previous day  and it reflected on her dreamy face...No woman could have been proposed to, in that kind of settings...Shravan had literally turned day into night and had created a magical, romantic atmosphere, she ever thought was possible in her life...

They talked a lot, exchanged a lot  ; their wants, their needs, their goals in life... "Saachi, though my family is rich, I still want my wife to think that, she has married a self made Man, with decent regular income...I can't offer high flying, all  day party kind of life...My life is my family and my family is my asset...Am sure you will understand and adjust well in that surroundings ".he told her, holding her hands in his...

"Shravan ji ,yeisa math sochiye...Am not that type of person who wants more in life...A simple, minimal needs and wants are my only wish...For an orphan like me, God has been very magnanimous, blessing me with a loving family...Am sure he will   extend that  same  blessings to the new family am  going  to be  part of "...she said in a quivering voice...

" Saachi, please anymore  word of orphan or  anaath, I can't stand it... Hereafter don't ever think of yourself that way... I 'll always be there for you come what may... By the way hereafter call me only Shravan or even better call me  sweetheart or  honey... That will be much better "... he said with a  twinkle in his eyes that  elicited a big smile  on her beautiful face...

Now  thinking about all that happened  yesterday, Shravan indeed  felt blessed to have such a  wonderful and  understanding , down to earth person... He vowed  to keep her smiling and  happy always...Only the stalker  issue remains to be tackled... He had already  spoken to the police  dept and filed an official complaint,  along with Saachi... His brothers have discreetly spoken to some detective  agency, to keep a tab on her always... His mind at peace, he was looking  forward to  the  evening...

The Sharma's outdid  themselves by giving a very warm and a resounding welcome to the Jaiswals... The whole atmosphere was more like family friends meeting after a long time and catching up together... There was no typical routine or ritual of bride  seeing ; like asking Saachi  whether she can sing, cook , what is her qualifications,  whether she will work or not, etc etc...  Saachi felt totally at ease and  instantly hit it off  with Shravan's  bhabhis...

Shravan for his part impressed the Shramas greatly... With his humility, knowledge of subjects, his conviction to stand on his own feet to earn a living, he impressed everyone of the Sharma family...All could feel and see the deep love he had for Saachi...They were indeed convinced that, God had correctly chosen him for their daughter...

While playing with Apurva, Dadhi noted her way with handling him and asked jokingly " Saachi beta, if you have your own child will you still treat him like this?"...For which she immediately replied " Ji Dadhi, I'll treat all children alike, including you.... Kyonki mein mantha hun, budape mein elder people also become like a child and need to be treated with lots of love and affection" she said with a lot of conviction...This one sentence was enough for the Jaiswal's to be convinced, indeed Shravan cld not have asked for a better person to share his life, and integrate into the family...

The Pandit came at the appointed hour and conducted a small pooja...Then the engagement happened...Shravan and Saachi were given new clothes, money and Saachi received some jewellery from the Jaiswals...After all this, Shravan held Saachi's hand and slipped on an old  ring with a solitire emerald stone, on her left finger ... A family heirloom, that of his Dadhi's, who had preserved it for the future wife of her favourite grandson...Saachi, in turn slipped a  plain gold band, her departed father's wedding ring; one of her few remaining possessions of him...As all others showered flowers on them, cheering and clapping, both went round to get blessings of the elders...

The Pandit after consulting the Almanac and calculating some figures, fixed date for the wedding; a mere 20 days later on the 30th of November... As soon as he  left and  the high tea was served to all, the two families  started to make plans for a gala wedding...Everyone, wanting it to be a lavish affair, a mega event to impress all and sundry...Saachi and Shravan looking  at each other and nodding their heads, stepped forward...

"Maafkijiye, Par aap sab, ek minute hamare baat ko sunlijiye...We don't want a gala or lavish wedding...We would like it to be solemnized at the Ramji's Mandhir, in a simple, private family only affair... Maybe we can include our close friends...But this how both of us had planned and decided...Will you all please understand  and consider our humble request "...Shravan said pleadingly...

For a minute there was silence... Each thought over this request, weighing the pros and cons; The elders thinking over the logical and practical aspect of it , the young ones waiting for the elders to arrive at a decision ...

Finally, Pratap said "Teek hai beta, jaise aap chatheho vaise bhi hoga, par ek baat hai... We would like to give a big reception to all others, we know ...  Correct Inder ji "...Both Inder and Nana said in unison, "Yes "... "If the marriage is to be a simple affair, atleast let the reception be a lavish one....Give me that satisfaction of treating others we have known all these years "...said a some what relieved Inder...

So it was fixed, that the wedding a private event will be conducted at Saachi's fav mandhir and the reception, a huge glittering affair will be held at a prestigious hotel in Mussorrie...

Saachi and Shravan, now officially engaged, seeked permission from both the families to meet each other as often as possible, from now onwards...All laughed and smiled at this, but happily gave their green signal...

Chapter 36

The  intervening period between the engagement and the marriage was filled with fun and gaiety; laughter and merry; anxiety and worry...A typical contrasting sets of emotions, any family undergoes, before a wedding in their midst..

Preparations were shared and responsibilities equally divided between the  two families... It brought about an easy camaraderie and a new closeness, among the members...

The news of their wedding, spread like wild fire in the Doon School campus...From Dean Shastri ji, to her assistants, to all her students; the wishes started pouring in from all quarters...For after all, Saachi was a rare gem of a teacher, the school had ever come across...Only Gopally's wishes didn't come by as he was away on some personal trip to Delhi...

Rajshri was so eloquent in her happiness for Saachi and even danced a jig expressing her joy... After all she was not only a close friend and neighbor, but also a sort of sound board for Saachi...So both Saachi and Shravan had to treat her first even before they, could plan an outing...

" When are you going to give us the good news" asked Saachi..."Arre mein kya bataun; Amit is very noncommittal; I think he wants to finish this training and after a subsequent posting, he may propose...See,even now he away, with his school friends on a tour, leaving me fretting like this"...she said good naturedly...

Shravan's friends, did not allow even a single day of peace for him...Always ribbing him, mocking at how he spoke to Thara and subsequently fell for Saachi; they left no stone unturned in embarrassing him...He being a good friend took all this fun, in his stride...But true to being the best buddies and partners; they toiled and sweated, both at the office as well as in wedding preparations...

The young lovers somehow managed to have time for themselves...In between  the busy wedding trousseau, shopping, which they did together, they stole moments, snatched a few kisses, when no one was about...It was a sort of mingling of anticipation of discovering each other and apprehension of the D day...

Once they went on a long drive from Mussoorrie to Kempty falls, situated on the Yamunothri road... This wonderful waterfalls, the biggest and prettiest one of the whole valley, is surrounded by the high mountains... Standing at a vantage point overlooking the falls, Shravan hugging her from the back they watched the rushing waters...

The beautiful rainbow it created because of the refraction of water by the Sun's rays, the swirling mist created near the bottom of the falls was a scene straight out of GOD's portrayal of Nature's wonder film...

Both felt like sitting on the rainbow, side by side, holding hands and legs dangling,  and lording over the gushing waters, being  enveloped by a cloak of whitey mist...It  seemed  as though they were, the Maestro conducting an orchestra,  of the Kempty falls... Its  gushing and rushing  and tumbling  sounds  of water  producing the music of Love... Sighing  deeply at the picture they  painted   themselves, savouring the  sweet taste of it,  both left with light and  floating  heart, dreamy eyes and  sense of living in an utopic world...

On an auspicious Day, that week, Saachi and her family were invited to the Jaiswal's house...An imposing  edifice, built  magnificently  and large enough to hold two  houses within it, the house radiated only the warmth and affection towards all its  guests...Like the house the people living  inside also welcomed them  with opens  arms and genuine love and affection...

Shravan  showed her  around the  house , narrating  anecdotes about his childhood; his  adventures  within the walls as well as outside in the huge garden;  He was already  making her feel so  comfortable , like as though she had  been l iving there since ages...Then he showed her his room...

Magazines and books were stacked  haphazardly on the shelf at one side...A television  and stereo  set was placed on the  wall inlaid cabinet,with a thin layer of dust on them... The furniture inside  included a  wardrobe,a couch,  a bean  bag, a huge double  bed  and a  computer console with matching table and chair...Saachi  noted the walls, instead of art work , were  sporting posters of football stars,  movie stars  posters on one side ...Above  the bed on the wall was a poster  collage of  inspirational words  and quotes  of famous  personalities...

All in all she noted the  room reflected  his eclectic taste of life in general...She was getting to see the other facet of his personality; A person well read and  knowledgeable and equally  interested in sports and entertainment...

Standing in front of her and  holding her hands , shravan kissed her palms and said  " Sacchi, this house is built of cement and stones, brick and wood and nothing else... Making it your home,  filling it with love and affection, integrating  with others  and feeling  a belonging sense is entirely in your hands... Promise me to help fulfill this dream "... in an emotional and pleading  voice...

"Shravan,  indeed your, no, our dreams, will be fulfilled as long as we are together until our last breath"... she said solemnly, promising him taking his hands and kissing it back...

Dadhi  who had quietly watched this scene was very happy and came inside and hugged them both...  "Bacchon  thum dono hamesha kush raho, sada sukhi raho...Let God fulfill all your dreams and  wishes, May you always be happy and smiling "...she  blessed them whole heartedly...

Within  that week the  invitation cards were  printed and both the  families started distributing  them in  earnest  vigour ... With that  started the problems, one after the other...

Chapter 37

The first thing Thara  did after  Shravan  went to her house to invite her and her father, was to bang the door  shut on his face....With much  pleading and cajoling  from her  father she opened it only to be shocked  by the  news of Shravan's  marriage... She couldn't  digest the fact, that Shravan loves and wants  to get married to the woman of his dreams...

With blazing eyes and  shouting at the top of her voice she , started abusing him with a choice  of words best  left unsaid... Once she  vented out  her anger she  started crying  inconsolably, followed  by another  bout of anger, in which she   snatched the   invitation and tore it to pieces .... She  became so hysterical, that even her father  stood mute and  watched  everything in a bewildered  shock... He didn't knew that his  daughter had  carried a silent torch for shravan  all these years and now it w as too late to change anything...

Totally  dejected and disappointed, Thara cut a sorry figure and seemed to be mentally unhinged...

Shravan quickly sized up the situation, gave  Thara a sedative and waited for it to act effectively... Capt. Bansal  was a sad man  and didn't  expect this from his daughter... Shravan  understood his emotions  very well and  slowly hugging him, helped him  to sit down on the sofa...

"Sir , I had always  told your very cleary and inexplicit terms  that I don't love her  and never will be... But she had always  refused to listen and leave me in peace....Please  uncle ji, I would  suggest  you treat her  psychologically and make her  come out of this  self  imposed dream  world...Better  still, shift your base temporarily, till my  wedding is over to  prevent any unpleasant scenes... Maybe  treating her outside  Mussorrie for a few  months may also do wonders to  her mental  balance... Much I would want you to attend my wedding,  its best if you  bless me now and keep Thara away  from me as much as possible "...he said in a calm and collected voice , instilling some  confidence into  the broken  Father...

With his heart  lighter  and feeling more at peace Shravan hurried towards the Doon school...A small voice that slowl y increased its intensity, woke him up from the reverie, hitting him like a bang...Sham who had been silent all these weeks came up bouncing back..." Toh Shravan ji, aap Saachi ji se pyar karthen hein aur shaadi bhi karna  chahthen hein...Aur is  baren mein, mujhse permission bhi nahi liya "...

"What a  thankless fellow, you are...Wanted my  help to get through to Saachi and now that she  expressed her love and willingness to marry you you have forgotten  about me completely  and dropped  me like a hot potato... From now onwards  am going to make your life difficult, popping up at the  wrong time and place... You havent  seen  this new  avatar of Sham, yet"...  said his Anthar Aathma  jokingly scolding him and  feeling very happy that  things were all moving  at the right  pace and in the right direction...

Shravan, with  an expression  of guilty embarrassment, assuaged  Sham and met Saachi, at the school... She had just finished a round of distributing the cards to all her  fellow faculty members and smiling a shy but happy and radiant smile, she approached him...

Every time Shravan  saw her he was dazzled by this smile, one that evoked a deep feeling of an unknown emotion... "Kaam hogaya, ab hum chalen? Bataon, kahang jana hai... Is  Maharani ki aagnya jho bhi jo ,is naukar hamesha use puri karega. Your wish is my command "...he said lovingly...

These days he picked her and dropped her at the school... An act that was more protective and  eliminated the possibility of the stalker, springing up any surprises on her...

"Shravan, how will we cram so much in this short time? I still have so many loose ends to tie up before our wedding...There is some  more card  distribution to happen, last minute  shopping for dress, settling of my finances to help my family for  all these  expenses...Oh God, how I wish the wedding is much more simpler than this "...

"Honey if you really think so, then we can always go for a  registered marriage...So easy and cheap and most importantly very fast to make you mine...Are you game for it? "  he asked mischievously, with a deeper meaning...

"Chal hat, badmash kaika; always kidding...Can't you wait for few more days? Always a man in a hurry"... She said equally flippant, and hitting him on his head with remaining invitation cards...With this light banter, they headed home...

HE was in his room; a room where he hardly allowed anyone except himself to enter... The room had only one small window at a height...The walls were plastered  with  photographs of Saachi... Saachi at various stages of life and in various  poses and occasions' Some photos were blown up, some  were collaged to form life size posters...

On one side of the room was a narrow cot, next to it was his computer table and a chair....On the other side was a  a collection of photos in  po*nographic poses, the faces morphed with his  and Saachis...

In the middle of the room was a life size mannequin, its face plasterd with Saachi's  photo and dressed in a old salwar of hers...The hair extension was of real in nature, collected over the years  when she had went for her hair cuts... All in all, the whole room looked like a mausoleum and a sick man's perversion...

Holding the wedding card in his hands, he  felt the anger and disappointment seeping into his whole self alternately.... When he came back from Delhi and heard about this development he didn't believe it at first... Such a thing happening  at such a short notice was unheard of, atleast for him ...But when Saachi  personally gave him this card, he realized  he had let things slip through his fingers..

Now he ignited the card with his cigarette lighter and watched it slowly burn and turn to ashes...He even went to the extent of buying a  dartboard and pasted shravan's picture on it and  constantly pierced it with the darts, getting a personal  satisfaction...

"Now too much water has flowed under the bridge; whatever little I can do, I will and must try to salvage the  situation" he decided with renewed hope...He called up the Sharma     household,  covering the mouthpiece of the phone, with his kerchief...

Changing  his voice he said "Hello, Namaste ji , kya mein Inder Sharma ji se baat  karsaktha hun? '.. he enquired... politely..."Ji bhol raha hun ,aap khon?"..." please  listen Sharma, your daughter is getting married to an womanizer, if you carry on with  this wedding you will be spoiling her life  for ever... Break it off before its too late... Am your  wellwisher"...he spoke quickly and cut the line before any more  conversation could happen....

Then he called up the Jaiswals house...  As luck would have it, it was Rajat who answered  the phone..." I have an important message for Pratap Ji"...he said altering his voice once again..."The woman your son is to wed is already married...if you want I will give you proofs...Stop the wedding or you will regret it later"... he warned Rajat...

Rajat, got angry and started shouting, then realised the caller had cut the line...He  immediately guessed it was the stalker and knew this was going to happen from such a desperate man... Without a word to anyone he left the house to meet the city police  commissioner to request for  appropriate action to be taken...

On the other hand Inder was deeply  confused and troubled by this call...One part of him trusted Saachi and her decision  to marry Shravan;  the other part a typical fatherly reaction, wanted to know more information before proceeding on this wedding... Undecided and a bit apprehensive , he went in search of his father-in-law, for further advise...

Unaware  of this  happening Saachi and Shravan, were  eagerly waiting for the Haldhi and Mehendhi ceremony, slated to take place on the same day, on Nov 28th... Just like any other  engaged couple , both were counting days, to unite in the holy bond of  matrimony...

Chapter 38

Inder discussed the phone call with Nannu... Both were initially shocked, but dismissed it as a prank call and nothing else...  But the call kept haunting Inder again and again and he started getting worried, especially now it was just less a week away before the D day...

So one night, when the whole household was asleep, he gently woke Saachi up and took her to the patio, behind the house... Seated, he  gently asked her, about Shravan, his behavior, his life style etc, trying to elicit more information about the man she was going to marry... "Beta errr, hmmmm, Will you really be happy with him? Do you really love him?,Can you live and forget and forgive all his follies? "....he asked cryptically....

Saachi who didn't understand the, essence of this conversation asked "Please ,Mamaji, aapki parishaaniyan  kya hai? why are you suddenly asking these questions ? Anything happened, for you to have doubts about this marriage? " she asked him bluntly and plainly... These words were enough for Inder  to open the dam of his worries and share that call and his subsequent apprehensions about it...

Hearing this she was slightly taken by surprise at the turn of the events...Ignoring both, the chillness of the cold November weather and the chillness down her spine due to fear, she said bravely and confidently "Mamaji, yakin maaniye ye sab bakwas hai...there is nothing to worry and shravan is not such a kind of man "...

Then she  proceeded to tell him all about the gifts, the silent phone calls, the warning note accompanying the burnt salwar... She also informed him, that both Sharavan and herself had filed a complaint and the police had promised to look into the matter... "Mama ji aap bilkul fikr mat kijiye...This is a prank call and Shravan will handle it better... Sirf ek request hai, dont inform the household about this... Varna sab, will start worrying and there will be no peace of mind...Promise me! "... she pleaded with him..

Rajeev, who didn't sleep properly, heard each and every word and smirked and smiled slyly to himself... With all the happenings, he thought, that he had lost Saachi forever...  But this gave him a ray of hope, a glimmer of a last chance to see whether he could get her for himself before the wedding....

He planned his  moves well and cornered  Saachi one evening, when all were out; the young ones shopping,  the elders visiting the temple to finalise the last minute arrangements... Only Saachi was left alone, as her Mami didn't want her go out anywhere least, she may fall sick due to the cold weather...  Rajeev, on some pretense came home and found her relaxing with a book...

With a hungry look in his eyes and  malintent he slowly  approached her from the back and  hugged her... Shocked and jolted Saachi, immediately stood  up and turned  around to f ind an animal look on his eyes... "Jijai, aap ko kya hogaya... aap hosh mein toh hai?... Jo aaap karrahen hein who accha nahi hai... Please control yourself... You are like my elder brother... Dont ever think or do this again...  Imagine how much Sharmila will get upset if she comes to know about this "...  she pleaded with him trying to instill some reason...

"Oh saachi, how innocent can you be ... Don't you ever know I always carried a torch for you... You  must be knowing the saying, 'Saali ho toh aadhi Ghar waali',... Dont you know I even left my job and wanted to settle here only for your sak...  So now don't disappoint me...come near me, I'll teach you the facts of life and you can get a good experience "... leering and saying this he neared her and tried to hug her again...

Thump !!!  Saachi slapped him hard and nice on his cheek...Blazing with fury she said  "This has gone enough Rajeev, any more, you will wish that had never laid your on me... Just get out and leave me alone "... She bellowed like a wounded tigress ready to defend herself...

"Yes leave her alone, leave this house and  leave me alone forever" said a calm and  composed Sharmila,  who had quietly witnessed the whole scene... I have had enough of all this nonsense... Thank you Saachi for opening my eyes and Am really sorry for thinking so wrongly about you"...she said in a contrite manner...

Rajeev by this time realized  his blunder and the enormity of the situation and followed  his wife out of the house pacifying her and repenting his mistake...

A little later when Shravan dropped in Saachi flew straight into his arms and sobbed  uncontrollably... Boy!! was she so glad to see him at that time!!!  Later when composed, Shravan and Saachi exchanged notes about all these developments...

All was laid out in the open, The gay Ranjan's episode, Thara's obsession, the phone call to Inder and the Jija's  despicable behavior..."Don't worry my sweet, all the  negatives will be removed and only  positives will remain... Even that stalker will be caught , don't be afraid" he said tenderly stroking her back and giving her some warmth  and confidence in the process....

"Look, I came  here to give you a gift, on the occasion of  two months completion, since you came into my life.".... He  gave her a small packet with  a single red rose pinned  on top of it... Opening it Saachi saw it was a collector's item of old Mehndi Hassan's  ghazals CDs,  along with a jugalbandhi  CD  album named Harmony of  Pt. Shivkumar Sharma on  Santoor and  Pt.Hariprasad Chaurasia on flute, a favourite of Saachi's... She was overjoyed to receive them and expressed her gratitude with a loving kiss on his cheeks...

NOV 28th

The day  dawned perfectly for the  Haldhi and  Mehendhi ceremony...The former slated to take place in the morning and the later in the late afternoon... Shravan's family  came to Saachi's place  and gave her new sarees, jewellery and all the good  and auspicious  things associated with the ceremony... Saachi dressed in white and with lots of chandan mixed haldhi on her looked radiant and  enjoyed each and every minute of it... Simultaneously the same ceremony happened  at Shravan's place, where Mama and his son gave him new dresses and accessories  and started the haldhi ceremony for him...

That  afternoon, the Mehendhi  ceremony took place at Saachi's house a combined  affair for both the families... Saachi was patiently and lovingly undergoing the ordeal of  getting the Bridal  mehendhi done on her arms and legs... An  occasion she immensely  enjoyed  as she was fed dinner by Shravan and was able lord and boss over the male folk in general...Like the saying goes the darker  the colour, the more your husband will love; was very much apt for her as her hands were and legs were dark red in colour, reflecting her deep love for Shravan...

The Sangeeth  ceremony happened the next  day evening, in the same prestigious hotel, a  merriment of songs and dances enjoyed by a select crowd of close friends a nd family.... Saachi's  assistants from school enacted a short ballet of how She and Shravan met and subsequently fell in love, with a liberal lifting of scenes from the Rapunzel ballet... It was indeed a lovely tribute to them, by her wonderful assistants, enjoyed immensely by all...

The  ceremony also  saw the regretful and repenting Rajeev, forging a new relationship  with her  and his wife...To err is human , to forgive is divine would best suit  him now...Saachi and Shravan dressed in traditional dresses; a dark pink  legenga choli, with stone and bead work for Saachi and a Pale green sherwani  for Shravan...Both looking beautiful and handsome respectively...Both sizzled the dance floor with soft romantic numbers and as well as energetic contemporary  dance styles, to various  bolywood hits...

Amidst all these ceremonies, Rajat and Sauvrav had arranged tight security to prevent any unforeseen incidents taking place...On the whole the ceremonies went well without any hitch or problems...

The  night was waiting to be taken over by a new dawn the next day...  A day when  Saachi and Shravan will be  eternally united as Man and Wife and everlastingly  be known as  SAAVAN....

Edited by maris08 - 17 February 2011 at 5:22pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ChocolateChickIshrafan11shilparoxx

ChocolateChick Goldie
ChocolateChick
ChocolateChick

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Oh this keeps getting better and better Maris! Almost Savan time Big smile

Can't wait! Thanks for 2 chapters in one update Wink

maris08

sash10 Goldie